Doc's son Austin Rivers Goes OFF for 42 Points; Best Player In Nation has NBA Ready Game

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
109 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #81
mixtapelive 272 heat pts272 OP
space
space
space
$3,401 | Props total: 2489 2489
 Bezerk said:
You're an idiot and doesn't understand what "NBA ready" means

There's a difference between having upside, potential and being NBA Ready.

John Wall and Derrick Rose in high school had POTENTIAL... They had UPSIDE... They had ELITE ATHLETICISM that can translate to the NBA. But hat doesn't mean they are NBA ready.
They can be combed and molded in the NBA with the potential they oozed.

Austin Rivers makes NBA moves right now that NBA players can't make that has not s**t to do with potential OR god-given talents like Wall and Rose. Wall and Rose can't jab step and pull up from anywhere on the court. His hesitation to create just a slither of space is all he needs and then he buries a f**king shot in your face with a k!ller instinct.

The lack of basketball knowledge on this forum is like the funniest s**t i've ever seen in my life.

As far as Durant goes, he was a weight room or two away... but even if he's the example you go with (I'm not sayin you are right at all)... but for arguments sake... Durant was 2006, Rivers is 2011... I said "Years" right? That's 5 years. sit down.
He has a great point... John Wall and Derrick Rose were raw talent in high school with freakish athleticism which you can't pass up. The rest of their game was still a work in progress. Rivers jump shot right now is better than Rose and Wall's put together. He's definitely more skilled than those 2 were back in high school. Didn't watch Kevin Durant much in high school so can't touch up on that.

Hold That said:
He's not even on none of their levels in terms of prospects coming out in the same age.. This n*gga is just overrating this guy because he committed to Duke..

And it's even worse that the BallisLife mixtape n*gga is co-signing this clown, because that BallisLife guy is like the FunkFlex of sports.. n*gga overhypes and d!ck rides almost every prospect..
Learn a thing or two about basketball, then come post in here. We were doing the same thing with John Wall and Derrick Rose in high school. No ones saying he's a better prospect or has more upside than those two, but if you compare the 3 in their senior years in high school it's no question Rivers has the most NBA ready game as far as skills go. Rose and Wall were just freakishly athletic talent that you couldn't pass up.

People need to stop reacting to what they read and first give it a rational thought before posting.

Last edited by mixtapelive; 12-24-2010 at 12:47 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #82
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 mixtapelive said:
He has a great point... John Wall and Derrick Rose were raw talent in high school with freakish athleticism which you can't pass up. The rest of their game was still a work in progress. Rivers jump shot right now is better than Rose and Wall's put together. He's definitely more skilled than those 2 were back in high school. Didn't watch Kevin Durant much in high school so can't touch up on that.
I agree that Rivers game is more polished.. This goes without question, but for the simple fact that Wall and Rose are athletes who transcend their position, not to mention would have been some of the best slashing players in the league even straight out of H.S would have equated to automatic success..

The reason why alot of freak athletes don't make immediate impacts all the time is because they lack the strength. See Demar Derozan,Telfair,Louis Williams,Monta Ellis(skinnier gaurds who struggled 1st year).. Rose and Wall however are big strong and fast, which would have translated easier and quicker. They can pretty much do whatever because they can take the NBA contact and wont be effected. So that would have made up for their lack of skill and polish.. Hell even Tyreke Evans had alot of success because he is 6'5 220lbs, so his size gives defenders and strength gives problems, and getting anywhere he wants to go.. When players speak of Rose and Evans the FIRST THING they say they have problems with is how STRONG they are, and really can't bully them..

Rivers does have jab steps, step backs to get his shot off, but does he have the playmaking to be a fulltime PG? Does he have the strength to endure going in the paint for layups or will he be strictly an outside shooter? There's atleast 10-15 starting PG's right now who are faster than him he's not blazingly fast but he's not slow either, so in terms of staying in front of him it wont be that hard, and he's not that strong where he will body you up and bully you in Tyreke fashion for his lack of speed.. These are the questions I have, and I see them as reasonable and its not hate..

Howcome if I go on youtube I see a whole video of Wall clowning and s**tting on n*ggas through the entire game, but only see one play of Rivers doing a simple cross and rip up.. but I'm suppose to sit here and believe he would make a bigger impact on the NBA level than Wall/Rose/ and Reke right away at similar ages.. I'm not buying it..

Last edited by Hold That; 12-24-2010 at 01:03 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #83
space
space
I just looked up Rivers stats this season this n*gga averages 2.5 ast and 1.7 in his junior year, and these n*ggas trying to convince us he's a PG...

On the H.S level if you have a shred of playmaking passing ability you will stumble into 4ast per game on accident..

12-24-2010, 01:15 PM         #84
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
Derrick Rose was NBA ready right out of high school.. College basketball did VERY LITTLE for his game.. Especially coach Cal's scheme which pretty much tied down Rose throughout the regular season.. STOP IT. Rose had the NBA Body, speed,quickness, knack for scoring and a plethora of moves to get in the rim to make an impact immediately.. And the fact that he would have been doing basketball 24/7, practicing with the greatest trainers and coaches in the world would have only accelerated his development quicker, based on his work ethic.. Same goes for Durant AND Wall who DOMINATED college basketball as freshman, college did NOTHING for these n*ggas STOP IT.

Did I not say the kid was technicially sound, and had impressive moves, the only thing I said, he's not a true PG and doesn't having blazing speed which is why he's more suited to play the 2 and would have success at it.. But that some how registers in your brain as me saying hes garbage.. STOP IT.

Yet you continue to post here..

Durant is a freakish athlete thats 6'10 who can dribble like a SG.. Weight is not needed for him as he's normally on the perimeter forcing SF's and PF's to gaurd him extending far out as to the three point line..If a SG gaurds him he wont drive he will just raise up and shoot over him.. If he was back to the basket then weight would be an issue.. But since he's extremely long, fast as hell for HIS POSITION(unlike rivers), and can do so many things, to cause mismatches, weight is not needed.. Rivers is not fast for his position, he's long for a PG, but he's not much of a playmaker in terms of racking up asisst, he's more of a pure scorer.. Durant analogy is pointless. Steph Curry playmaking skills blow Rivers out of the water, which is why Steph can play PG..
What you are arguing has NOTHING to do with what i'm saying and you are not correctly understanding what I'm saying to you. I can't even read all of that.
I stopped when you started talking about athleticism AGAIN and not understanding that though college did nothing for them, it's a maturity thing still. They would've gotten that in the NBA or college regardless.

I still don't know why Durant is being talked about cuz A) he wasn't a guard and B) i said years and Durant was f**king 2006.
That n*gga shouldn't even be talked about. But again, you guys are straying away from wtf is being talked about with moot points.
 7 years ago '05        #85
space
space
explain his 2.5 a.ssist per game and 1.7 a.ssist junior year if he's a PG? You or someone else also said he plays on a good team so that shouldn't be an issue of getting a.ssist right?
 7 years ago '09        #86
devilinsider 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 1770 1770
I stopped reading when this dumb f*ck said Austin's first step wasn't that quick....lol He prob has the quickest first step in the country. Nice analysis....
 12-24-2010, 01:19 PM         #87
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
I just looked up Rivers stats this season this n*gga averages 2.5 ast and 1.7 in his junior year, and these n*ggas trying to convince us he's a PG...

On the H.S level if you have a shred of playmaking passing ability you will stumble into 4ast per game on accident..

I asked you who said he was a PG... you never answered, yet you keep talking about PG.

Also, a.ssists in high school is the stupidest stat in life. Have you seen some of these n*ggas teammates? YOu can throw them ball with no one inside the 3-point line and they will still miss (I'm not even joking, i saw it this weekend).

Some players HAVE to score vs. getting a.ssists. It's not even an option.

I'm just going to stop. Until you n*ggas fully grasp the high school game and elite players on a national level, you will never understand. And that's not going to happen any time soon.
 7 years ago '05        #88
space
space
 devilinsider said:
I stopped reading when this dumb f*ck said Austin's first step wasn't that quick....lol He prob has the quickest first step in the country. Nice analysis....
sorry that would go to Teague.. and no it's not that quick based on NBA standards.. sorry.
 12-24-2010, 01:28 PM         #89
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 devilinsider said:
Some people just don't get it.
 7 years ago '05        #90
space
space
 Bezerk said:
I asked you who said he was a PG... you never answered, yet you keep talking about PG.

Also, a.ssists in high school is the stupidest stat in life. Have you seen some of these n*ggas teammates? YOu can throw them ball with no one inside the 3-point line and they will still miss (I'm not even joking, i saw it this weekend).

Some players HAVE to score vs. getting a.ssists. It's not even an option.

I'm just going to stop. Until you n*ggas fully grasp the high school game and elite players on a national level, you will never understand. And that's not going to happen any time soon.
I just see that you said he's on the same level as Rose/Wall and Durant comming out.. and it boggled my mind a little bit.. Rose had no problem average 25/9 in high school his senior year Thats what playmakers do, they find easy shots for their teammates no matter how s**tty you can stumble into 4 ast a game.. But i mean, didn't you jump on me for saying he needs weight for the 2 Gaurd spot because he's not a PG I said he could be B.Roy because his skillset is so advanced, and he does have athleticism but not outstanding like some of the athletes of the past.. Seems like you took the B.Roy, and Kevin Martin(if he doesnt gain weight) as a insult those are 20ppg scorers in the league, thats not an insult in my book..
 12-24-2010, 01:30 PM         #91
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
sorry that would go to Teague.. and no it's not that quick based on NBA standards.. sorry.
No it wouldn't.

And what you fail to realize is Austin's first step comes with deception as well as athleticism. Teague was getting worked by Trey Lyles. #CmonSon
 7 years ago '05        #92
space
space
we'll just agree to disagree, he's going to Duke you will defend him to the death, I get it.. no need to keep this going.. I'm highly skepticle about him, he'll be a stud on the college level of course, but in the pro's he's not going to be in the same league as Rose/Durant/Wall EVER..

I see nothing more than a classic combo gaurd undersized 2.

Last edited by Hold That; 12-24-2010 at 01:34 PM..
 12-24-2010, 01:38 PM         #93
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
I just see that you said he's on the same level as Rose/Wall and Durant comming out.. and it boggled my mind a little bit.. Rose had no problem average 25/9 in high school his senior year Thats what playmakers do, they find easy shots for their teammates no matter how s**tty you can stumble into 4 ast a game.. But i mean, didn't you jump on me for saying he needs weight for the 2 Gaurd spot because he's not a PG I said he could be B.Roy because his skillset is so advanced, and he does have athleticism but not outstanding like some of the athletes of the past.. Seems like you took the B.Roy, and Kevin Martin(if he doesnt gain weight) as a insult those are 20ppg scorers in the league, thats not an insult in my book..
Man, you are so f**king like... i don't know what to say.

No one is comparing impact in the NBA or potential. We are talking about basketball skill sets.
You keep talking about coming out, he hasn't even finished maturing of his body. Plus (excuse me if I'm wrong) but Rose and Wall were a year older were they not? I knwo for a fact Wall was. Austin hasn't even finished half of his senior year.

I'm telling you, that today... where Austin stands, as compared to where Rose and Wall stood at this point in their HS careers, Austin is more skilled basketball wise and has more NBA-ready moves than both of them combined.
How hard of a concept is that to understand?

How hard is it to understand that when Wall and Rose lose a step, their skill sets right now would fail them. As to where Austin has the skill set to be going Kobe strong in his mid-30s.

How do you not comprehend these simple fact. You are the dumbest n*gga to talk to cuz all you want to focus on his athleticism.

And I never said s**t about yuor comparison cuz I could give about who you think he compares to in the league and that s**t is irrelevant. Stop talkign about irrelevant factors like you ALWAYS do.
 12-24-2010, 01:40 PM         #94
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
we'll just agree to disagree, he's going to Duke you will defend him to the death, I get it.. no need to keep this going.. I'm highly skepticle about him, he'll be a stud on the college level of course, but in the pro's he's not going to be in the same league as Rose/Durant/Wall EVER..

I see nothing more than a classic combo gaurd undersized 2.
you're an idiot. John Wall went to UK, I defended him. What's up next?

Austin was committed to Floida, I spoke the same awy then, What's next?

You want to talk about something else that has not s**t to do with s**t?

I spoke highly about Kyrie before he was at Duke and sonned the s**t out of these Boxden idiots. Look who was right about that and who was wrong.....

Duke has nothing to do with anything. Only you d!ck ride players that are affiliated with Calipari and the Bulls.
 7 years ago '05        #95
space
space
 Bezerk said:

Duke has nothing to do with anything. Only you d!ck ride players that are affiliated with Calipari and the Bulls.
Aint my fault me and Coach Cal have similar taste in players

[pic - click to view]

when Coach Cal recruits you, thats the stamp of approval you nice..

Last edited by Hold That; 12-24-2010 at 01:48 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #96
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,067 | Props total: 6969 6969
Tyrone Johnson > Austin Rivers

/thread
 7 years ago '06        #97
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
seen him get yoked on by some kid from Mater Dei High School the other night on ESPNU
 7 years ago '04        #98
Socer38910 
space
space
$2,834 | Props total: 63 63
 mixtapelive said:
Preach preacha!

too many ppl blinded by hate in here
wait is that ballislife posting on boxden???

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Socer38910; 12-24-2010 at 09:09 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
97 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy