Doc's son Austin Rivers Goes OFF for 42 Points; Best Player In Nation has NBA Ready Game

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #61
mixtapelive 272 heat pts272 OP
space
space
space
$3,401 | Props total: 2489 2489
 jplaydadon said:
there is a reason there are no hands in his face. its called mastering the triple threat. the way he uses jabs and shoots off the dribble is highy impressive and those moves work on any level. i guarantee you he honed that s**t playing with and against pros. and at 6'5 he will be able to get those shots of esp looking at how quick his first step and hesitation moves are. and there are so many athletes that dont shine in the nba. you can look at shannon brown. he aint goin in dunkin on n*ggas every play. you only get a one or two highlights a damn game. athleticism is important at the nba level but its not everything, dude is number one for a reason
Preach preacha!

too many ppl blinded by hate in here
 7 years ago '07        #62
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
well at least hes much better than his dad.
 12-23-2010, 11:45 PM         #63
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The amount of retarded comments in this thread are mind boggling. "telfair used to drop 50 on a regular."

First off, he did it in 3 quarters... second, Telfair wasn't playing in a tournament with the most elite high school talent there is and dropping 50.... Dropping 50 on the retards down the street isn't the same a dropping 50 on one of the better teams in the nation.
 7 years ago '05        #64
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
He's nice, but on the next level I see him being more Brandon Roy type.. He doesn't even look that fast on the H.S level, and the NBA game is x10 as fast, but his skillset makes up for it.. He has a nice basketball savvy and you can tell he gets that from his dad being a coach..

He is not a PG, not sure why they list him as such(they even did that with o.j and tyreke), , he'll eventually make that move to 2 gaurd on the next level.. Hopefully Coach K develops him into a 2 gaurd and doesn't force him to play PG..

One thing is for sure if he don't hit the weight room, then he'll be more Kevin Martin than B.Roy..

Last edited by Hold That; 12-23-2010 at 11:58 PM..
 12-24-2010, 12:24 AM         #65
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
He's nice, but on the next level I see him being more Brandon Roy type.. He doesn't even look that fast on the H.S level, and the NBA game is x10 as fast, but his skillset makes up for it.. He has a nice basketball savvy and you can tell he gets that from his dad being a coach..

He is not a PG, not sure why they list him as such(they even did that with o.j and tyreke), , he'll eventually make that move to 2 gaurd on the next level.. Hopefully Coach K develops him into a 2 gaurd and doesn't force him to play PG..

One thing is for sure if he don't hit the weight room, then he'll be more Kevin Martin than B.Roy..

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #66
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,069 | Props total: 6971 6971
who caressssssssssssssssssssss that chinese n*gga was clownin Wall......
 7 years ago '05        #67
space
space
 Bezerk said:
Kirk Hinrich has crossed up almost every PG in the league same with Steve Blake.. You perform a cross perfectly, it will work almost every time..

Wall was a half second away from beating that s**t off the back board to btw, Rivers first step is not that impressive.

Last edited by Hold That; 12-24-2010 at 01:06 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #68
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,725 | Props total: 13121 13121
Hopefully he's not a bust like the "nba ready" Evan Turner.
 12-24-2010, 11:01 AM         #69
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
Kirk Hinrich has crossed up almost every PG in the league same with Steve Blake.. You perform a cross perfectly, it will work almost every time..

Wall was a half second away from beating that s**t off the back board to btw, Rivers first step is not that impressive.
Your a.ssessment of talent is so awful that it's not even funny.
 7 years ago '05        #70
space
space
 Bezerk said:
Your a.ssessment of talent is so awful that it's not even funny.
you posted a simple cross, yet is that somehow suppose to prove he has blazing speed? Cross is nothign more than a hesitation move to get the defender off balance to go past him.. nothing more.. Like I said if you perform a cross perfectly it will work almost every time..

show me a play where Austin just uses nothing more than his first step to blow past a player.. I forgot though, anything less than ultimate praise to any Duke player is deemed unacceptable for you though..

but heres what i see, he's not that much of a playmaking PG, he's not really strong, and he doesn't have blazing speed like most of the PG's who have come out lately.. He is technically sound, has a good jumper, and solid size at 6'5.. And looks more like a scorer, and has decent height to play SG.. How is this a.ssessment laughable? Is it because I'm not proclaiming him the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Last edited by Hold That; 12-24-2010 at 11:15 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #71
mixtapelive 272 heat pts272 OP
space
space
space
$3,401 | Props total: 2489 2489
Did that fool really just say his first step isn't anything impressive?
 12-24-2010, 11:45 AM         #72
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^LOL!^^ Please tell him what you just saw at the City of Palms this week.

Hold That said:
you posted a simple cross, yet is that somehow suppose to prove he has blazing speed? Cross is nothign more than a hesitation move to get the defender off balance to go past him.. nothing more.. Like I said if you perform a cross perfectly it will work almost every time..

show me a play where Austin just uses nothing more than his first step to blow past a player.. I forgot though, anything less than ultimate praise to any Duke player is deemed unacceptable for you though..

but heres what i see, he's not that much of a playmaking PG, he's not really strong, and he doesn't have blazing speed like most of the PG's who have come out lately.. He is technically sound, has a good jumper, and solid size at 6'5.. And looks more like a scorer, and has decent height to play SG.. How is this a.ssessment laughable? Is it because I'm not proclaiming him the greatest thing since sliced bread?
You are an idiot who thinks athleticism is everything and you are making an a.ss out of yourself.

Second, I didn't mention his speed to you, so why do you keep talking about it to me? You just questioned him getting by NBA talent, and I silenced it.

Duke has not s**t to do with Rivers. He had the highest of praises from me when he was a Florida commit. I was singing his praises in summer of 2009 on here when I saw him go 12 of 14 from 3 at AAU Nationals.

The fact that his game is the most NBA ready that we've seen in high school in years and you can't even see that is f**king laughable my man. You put way too much on athleticism, but at the same time, Austin has above average athleticism.
The fact that you can't see how disgusting his first step is says it all. And like I said, he's more fluid than those other guards you are comparing him to at this stage. Fluidity is almost more important than f**king athleticism.

But real talk, why the f**k do you keep talking about PG? Who the f**k says he's a PG? Where are you getting that from? He's listed as the No. 1 SG on like everyone's rankings. WTF are you talking about?

PS: Shouts to the idiot that said he's not a shooter and that he's just a scorer and that he's streaky. Jesus Christ this thread is hilarious
 7 years ago '07        #73
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Bezerk said:
^^LOL!^^ Please tell him what you just saw at the City of Palms this week.

The fact that his game is the most NBA ready that we've seen in high school in years and you can't even see that is f**king laughable my man. You put way too much on athleticism, but at the same time, Austin has above average athleticism.
Dog, stop bulls**ttin. And I thought you were the guru to high school talent. Dude is not more NBA ready than Derrick Rose, John Wall, Kevin Durant, and other top flight nba prospects
 7 years ago '05        #74
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,069 | Props total: 6971 6971
 THEINFAMOUS said:

Austin was hitting shots.
shut yo dumbass up b**ch before i end yo f**kin life
 12-24-2010, 12:19 PM         #75
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ttime236 said:
Dog, stop bulls**ttin. And I thought you were the guru to high school talent. Dude is not more NBA ready than Derrick Rose, John Wall, Kevin Durant, and other top flight nba prospects
You're an idiot and doesn't understand what "NBA ready" means

There's a difference between having upside, potential and being NBA Ready.

John Wall and Derrick Rose in high school had POTENTIAL... They had UPSIDE... They had ELITE ATHLETICISM that can translate to the NBA. But hat doesn't mean they are NBA ready.
They can be combed and molded in the NBA with the potential they oozed.

Austin Rivers makes NBA moves right now that NBA players can't make that has not s**t to do with potential OR god-given talents like Wall and Rose. Wall and Rose can't jab step and pull up from anywhere on the court. His hesitation to create just a slither of space is all he needs and then he buries a f**king shot in your face with a k!ller instinct.

The lack of basketball knowledge on this forum is like the funniest s**t i've ever seen in my life.

As far as Durant goes, he was a weight room or two away... but even if he's the example you go with (I'm not sayin you are right at all)... but for arguments sake... Durant was 2006, Rivers is 2011... I said "Years" right? That's 5 years. sit down.

Last edited by Bezerk; 12-24-2010 at 12:27 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #76
space
space
 mixtapelive said:
Did that fool really just say his first step isn't anything impressive?
arent you the fool who creates mixtapes of every f**king h.s kid in the nation who can dunk a basketball and lables them "the next best thing"..
 7 years ago '08        #77
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11627 11627
These n*ggas said Rondo and Evan Turner
 7 years ago '05        #78
space
space
 Bezerk said:
You're an idiot and doesn't understand what "NBA ready" means

There's a difference between having upside, potential and being NBA Ready.

John Wall and Derrick Rose in high school had POTENTIAL... They had UPSIDE... They had ELITE ATHLETICISM that can translate to the NBA. But hat doesn't mean they are NBA ready.
They can be combed and molded in the NBA with the potential they oozed.
Derrick Rose was NBA ready right out of high school.. College basketball did VERY LITTLE for his game.. Especially coach Cal's scheme which pretty much tied down Rose throughout the regular season.. STOP IT. Rose had the NBA Body, speed,quickness, knack for scoring and a plethora of moves to get in the rim to make an impact immediately.. And the fact that he would have been doing basketball 24/7, practicing with the greatest trainers and coaches in the world would have only accelerated his development quicker, based on his work ethic.. Same goes for Durant AND Wall who DOMINATED college basketball as freshman, college did NOTHING for these n*ggas STOP IT.
Austin Rivers makes NBA moves right now that NBA players can't make that has not s**t to do with potential OR god-given talents like Wall and Rose. Wall and Rose can't jab step and pull up from anywhere on the court. His hesitation to create just a slither of space is all he needs and then he buries a f**king shot in your face with a k!ller instinct.
Did I not say the kid was technicially sound, and had impressive moves, the only thing I said, he's not a true PG and doesn't having blazing speed which is why he's more suited to play the 2 and would have success at it.. But that some how registers in your brain as me saying hes garbage.. STOP IT.

The lack of basketball knowledge on this forum is like the funniest s**t i've ever seen in my life.
Yet you continue to post here..
As far as Durant goes, he was a weight room or two away... but even if he's the example you go with (I'm not sayin you are right at all)... but for arguments sake... Durant was 2006, Rivers is 2011... I said "Years" right? That's 5 years. sit down.
Durant is a freakish athlete thats 6'10 who can dribble like a SG.. Weight is not needed for him as he's normally on the perimeter forcing SF's and PF's to gaurd him extending far out as to the three point line..If a SG gaurds him he wont drive he will just raise up and shoot over him.. If he was back to the basket then weight would be an issue.. But since he's extremely long, fast as hell for HIS POSITION(unlike rivers), and can do so many things, to cause mismatches, weight is not needed.. Rivers is not fast for his position, he's long for a PG, but he's not much of a playmaker in terms of racking up asisst, he's more of a pure scorer.. Durant analogy is pointless. Steph Curry playmaking skills blow Rivers out of the water, which is why Steph can play PG..

Last edited by Hold That; 12-24-2010 at 12:41 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #79
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
^^^^

wish I could prop this man. Well said
 7 years ago '05        #80
space
space
 ttime236 said:
He's not even on none of their levels in terms of prospects coming out in the same age.. This n*gga is just overrating this guy because he committed to Duke..

And it's even worse that the BallisLife mixtape n*gga is co-signing this clown, because that BallisLife guy is like the FunkFlex of sports.. n*gga overhypes and d!ck rides almost every prospect..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
99 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
55 comments
1 day ago