Martyrs it f'ked with me

most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA KD is easily the best player in the NBA
32 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #121
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 8 8
 micseles said:
^^sounds cool. Any theories as to what she said, just by hearing/reading that i already have one. Ill check out the movie in a bit after i download
i think she told her something so beautiful...something so profound that the woman wanted to go meet her maker right away...another thing i thought abt later was maybe the girl controlled this chicks mind and told her to go off herself...from reading some of the posts what's your take?? and lemme know if it changes after watching da film
 7 years ago '09        #122
Akilleez 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 23 23
 micseles said:
^^sounds cool. Any theories as to what she said, just by hearing/reading that i already have one. Ill check out the movie in a bit after i download
she told her something completely obvious. something a child could have predicted. we are suposed to think its something entirely complex, and un-thought of, but its something thats already been said. it was ambiguous on purpose, becasue everybody knows the answer, but knowbody knows they know the answer.

that trancendance is possible to reach without having to meet death tho. read "allegory of the cave" by plato with an open mind and you'll definately reach it lmao (seriously tho.) after any of u read it, then come back here and i bet u know the answer.
 7 years ago '10        #123
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 Akilleez said:
she told her something completely obvious. something a child could have predicted. we are suposed to think its something entirely complex, and un-thought of, but its something thats already been said. it was ambiguous on purpose, becasue everybody knows the answer, but knowbody knows they know the answer.

that trancendance is possible to reach without having to meet death tho. read "allegory of the cave" by plato with an open mind and you'll definately reach it lmao (seriously tho.) after any of u read it, then come back here and i bet u know the answer.
thanks for that...i'll def check it out
 12-26-2010, 03:29 PM         #124
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ghengis said:
All though I think A Clockwork Orange is great, I'm going to have to disagree with your statement.
That is cool, ACO is like my 3rd or 4th favorite film so I would easily take it over anything mentioned here.
 7 years ago '10        #125
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
That is cool, ACO is like my 3rd or 4th favorite film so I would easily take it over anything mentioned here.
what is in your top 5 fave list?

have you seen this film?

[pic - click to view]

are you a fan of tarkovsky?
 12-27-2010, 03:50 AM         #126
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea I am a fan of Tarkovsky, I am up in the air about Stalker, very philosophical and I need to pay attention to it a second time.

I prefer his films Solyaris (similar to Stalker) and Andrei Rublyov (religious spiritual artistic film), Mirror is cool too. My top 5:

The Godfather I & II
Taxi Driver
A Clockwork Orange
Goodfellas
 7 years ago '10        #127
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Yea I am a fan of Tarkovsky, I am up in the air about Stalker, very philosophical and I need to pay attention to it a second time.

I prefer his films Solyaris (similar to Stalker) and Andrei Rublyov (religious spiritual artistic film), Mirror is cool too. My top 5:

The Godfather I & II
Taxi Driver
A Clockwork Orange
Goodfellas
yeah i really enjoyed solyaris...Andrei Rublyov is on my list...never got around to it...i'm with you on stalker thats why i brought it up...i def need to watch a 2nd time...it held my attention though...godfather 2 is my fave of the trilogy...
 7 years ago '05        #128
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,770 | Props total: 4255 4255
 obscuro77 said:
i think she told her something so beautiful...something so profound that the woman wanted to go meet her maker right away...another thing i thought abt later was maybe the girl controlled this chicks mind and told her to go off herself...from reading some of the posts what's your take?? and lemme know if it changes after watching da film
just from reading the basic synopsis of the movie and your explanation of events, id guess that she told her something to effect of there is no god/she saw nothing.

Imagine actually believing in somthing so much that you felt you were right in committing such horrible offenses and then having someone who went through "the nessary processes" come back and tell you that its all for not. just my take on it. Will have to check out the movie
 7 years ago '10        #129
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 micseles said:
just from reading the basic synopsis of the movie and your explanation of events, id guess that she told her something to effect of there is no god/she saw nothing.

Imagine actually believing in somthing so much that you felt you were right in committing such horrible offenses and then having someone who went through "the nessary processes" come back and tell you that its all for not. just my take on it. Will have to check out the movie
but, if that was the case then why would she go k!ll herself if that statement was true? I mean why be in such a hurry to off yourself if you discover there is nothing but a void after death? wouldn't she want to continue living as long as possible realizing that LIFE is it...
 7 years ago '05        #130
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,770 | Props total: 4255 4255
or she realizes that life is purposless and there is no reward for whatever you do here.

understand that people who "serve" a higher power do so believing that what they do here on earth will eventually equal some divine reward in the afterlife. Realizing there is nothing/life is empty and worthless could be reason for someone to end it all

Last edited by micseles; 12-27-2010 at 02:09 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #131
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 micseles said:
or she realizes that life is purposless and there is no reward for whatever you do here.

understand that people who "serve" a higher power do so believing that what they do here on earth will eventually equal some divine reward in the afterlife. Realizing there is nothing/life is empty and worthless could be reason for someone to end it all
good point...if anything the movie makes for great discussions like this
 12-27-2010, 04:39 PM         #132
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 obscuro77 said:
yeah i really enjoyed solyaris...Andrei Rublyov is on my list...never got around to it...i'm with you on stalker thats why i brought it up...i def need to watch a 2nd time...it held my attention though...godfather 2 is my fave of the trilogy...
His films are like paintings, so slow and moving, not the easiest to watch but rewarding and beautiful.

Here is another classic surreal movie I recently watched, it is funny and strange about some Spanish high class bourgeois at a party, they have too much class to leave and everything is going wrong but nobody can explain why. If you are not familiar with Luis Bunuel check out his work, fits in with strange, surreal, and disturbing as well.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #133
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
His films are like paintings, so slow and moving, not the easiest to watch but rewarding and beautiful.

Here is another classic surreal movie I recently watched, it is funny and strange about some Spanish high class bourgeois at a party, they have too much class to leave and everything is going wrong but nobody can explain why. If you are not familiar with Luis Bunuel check out his work, fits in with strange, surreal, and disturbing as well.

[pic - click to view]

funny you mention Bunuel...I was just abt to bring him up to you...I am familiar with his work...i havent seen this one but i'll def check it out...have you seen these by Luis?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

all great films that should be explored if you haven't seen them already...especially un chien andalou...
 12-28-2010, 11:26 AM         #134
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea Un Chien Andalou is my favorite of his, its a very important and influential film and paved the way for a lot of these surreal films after it. 10/10 masterpiece imo.

Los Olivadados is good too, after Un Chien Andalou I would go with this as his second best:

Belle De Jour about a housewife/prostitute who has surreal dreams of being r*ped and embarrassed. Catherine Deneuve stars who was also in 'Repulsion' (by Polanski) a surreal horror masterpiece if you haven't seen these two check them out.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #135
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Yea Un Chien Andalou is my favorite of his, its a very important and influential film and paved the way for a lot of these surreal films after it. 10/10 masterpiece imo.

Los Olivadados is good too, after Un Chien Andalou I would go with this as his second best:

Belle De Jour about a housewife/prostitute who has surreal dreams of being r*ped and embarrassed. Catherine Deneuve stars who was also in 'Repulsion' (by Polanski) a surreal horror masterpiece if you haven't seen these two check them out.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

yeah i LOVED Belle DE Jour...i think i may have seen repulsion but i'll def revisit it...spot on with your a.ssessment of Un Chien Andalou...without it many of these films wouldn't exist...
 12-30-2010, 05:41 PM         #136
Sexy-K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Never heard of this...maybe i'll check it out
 7 years ago '05        #137
Super-C 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,437 | Props total: 1 1
props on irreversible and i stand alone

here are some good movies that arent foreign

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #138
obscuro77 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 Super-C said:
props on irreversible and i stand alone

here are some good movies that arent foreign

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

def gonna give these films a look
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
87 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
99 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
56 comments
20 hours ago