Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #141
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,823 | Props total: 3434 3434
Obviously not...
 7 years ago '05        #142
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,823 | Props total: 3434 3434
You talk to everyone in that tone of voice?
 7 years ago '05        #143
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 rashcobar said:
Obviously not...
So we agree. Either way, you answered your own question in your original post.
 7 years ago '05        #144
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 rashcobar said:
Obviously not...
Opinions, opinions...

Well, the reason for not turning into something like "The Hulk" on command is that, again, they are at the mercy of the person who is going to be the victim of "Inception"... Even dreams have a logic and a balance...

That, at the very least, is how I see it.
 12-19-2010, 02:52 PM         #145
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cobb manipulated his Wife, so i can see why some say the movie was cold.
 7 years ago '05        #146
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
But, he was also dealing with feelings of guilt and self-doubt and regret because of this... It's pretty visible that there is this undercurrent of sadness to him. And, it's also visible that he manipulated his wife thinking that it would help her, but it did the exact opposite... So, the coldness does not come through to me, because there were actual honest-to-God consequences for his actions that are felt through the film.
 12-19-2010, 03:16 PM         #147
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But, he was also dealing with feelings of guilt and self-doubt and regret because of this... It's pretty visible that there is this undercurrent of sadness to him.
This is true.
And, it's also visible that he manipulated his wife thinking that it would help her, but it did the exact opposite... So, the coldness does not come through to me, because there were actual honest-to-God consequences for his actions that are felt through the film.
That still doesn't make it right, you can't justify something this significant without her knowing, that's betrayal and cruel.
 7 years ago '05        #148
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
That still doesn't make it right, you can't justify something this significant without her knowing, that's betrayal and cruel.
I'm not saying it is right, I'm saying that the emotion is there when you were saying it wasn't.

12-19-2010, 03:53 PM         #149
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
No it avoided the character development to show off the cool CGI, that and the fact that none of the characters had any sort of depth at all.
 12-19-2010, 03:54 PM         #150
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
But, he was also dealing with feelings of guilt and self-doubt and regret because of this... It's pretty visible that there is this undercurrent of sadness to him. And, it's also visible that he manipulated his wife thinking that it would help her, but it did the exact opposite... So, the coldness does not come through to me, because there were actual honest-to-God consequences for his actions that are felt through the film.
For its runtime I don't think they were shown nearly enough, possibly like 20 minutes at the most were focused on the character and his emotions?
 12-19-2010, 03:58 PM         #151
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
No it avoided the character development to show off the cool CGI, that and the fact that none of the characters had any sort of depth at all.
That's what ruin the potential in the movie for me.
 7 years ago '05        #152
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
For its runtime I don't think they were shown nearly enough, possibly like 20 minutes at the most were focused on the character and his emotions?
I think it's featured prominently enough. I mean, the reason why they're in as much trouble as they are is because of him not willing to let it go (the train)... I mean, he's constantly having his memories interfere with the dreams they are invading, and he doesn't know how to control them... I think that's enough of a character trait that develops him as a character...

12-19-2010, 05:03 PM         #153
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
hahahaha.... pretty much... Anyone who can look me in the face and say "Alice In Wonderland" was a good movie is someone I probably would never want to trust with movies.

And, "The Social Network" IS overrated. It's not groundbreaking, and it won't be talked about 5 years from now. Without any real true commentary on the cultural effects of facebook, all it will ever be is an over-dramatized docudrama... Not to say it is bad, it's a really good movie, just not better than what else is on my list.

Whether you accept it or not is your business... either way, the list isn't changing no matter how many times you scream points without backup.
ive screams points without backup.

maaaaan. whatever.

And you say Scott Pilgrim is the #2 best movie of the year. Please. Pleeeeeease. Im done with you. Please stop sharing your insights on bx because its obvious you dont have any.

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 12-19-2010 at 06:12 PM..
 12-19-2010, 05:19 PM         #154
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Has nothing to do with Aronofsky who adds to an already interesting story, Portman/Kunis are eye candy but not great actresses so I don't get your point.

It looks like a psychological thriller with parallels to movies that I love, and it isn't a cheap thriller either, that alone makes it a top watch for this year. Considering there isn't 3 movies worth seeing (this year) over it makes it a MUST SEE.
Never called Portman or Kunis great actresses, read again, I said good/decent which is a nice way of saying they are hot and passable for actresses.

The way you wrote that makes me think you think I was saying Black Swan shouldn't be a must see? On the contrary I was just saying that as an arguing point with the other dude about Exit Through the Gift Shop which wouldn't normally sound like a MUST SEE movie, just as Black Swan's synopsis doesn't sound like a must see to the average person.

I was saying because of the director and the love scenes between two "good" actresses aka hot actresses make it a Must see :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '06        #155
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2271 2271
Scott Pilgrim vs the World should not be on that list let alone #2. Everything else was solid choices with good explanations.
 7 years ago '05        #156
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:
ive screams points without backup.

maaaaan. whatever.

And you say Scott Pilgrim is the #2 best movie of the year. Please. Pleeeeeease. Im done with you. Please stop sharing your insights on bx because its obvious you dont have any.
I'm just unaware why one mans opinion means so much to you? I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim and I have no desire to, just looks corny and not my type of film, but this isn't my top ten list so I dropped my opinion and kept it moving. Make your own thread with your own top ten. The title of this thread clearly states it is the TS's top ten. The thread title isn't "The Indisputable Top 10 Movies of the year."

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 12-19-2010 at 06:26 PM..
 12-19-2010, 07:20 PM         #157
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I'm just unaware why one mans opinion means so much to you? I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim and I have no desire to, just looks corny and not my type of film, but this isn't my top ten list so I dropped my opinion and kept it moving. Make your own thread with your own top ten. The title of this thread clearly states it is the TS's top ten. The thread title isn't "The Indisputable Top 10 Movies of the year."
it doesnt actually, it wasnt his opinion on the film, because i stated what i thought and moved on, its the whole pentenious "oh i cant value your opinion because you like Alice in Wonderland" a**hole-nature of his and the other kid posts that lead to my rant.

I thought AiW was entertaining, if it were lucky id make it top 15 and certainly not top 2 so i dont get the baseless attacks on me for it. just desperate fanboys trying to grab straws, its ridiculous and childish

Like wow the guy that puts Scott Pilgrim as his #2 film of the year is really gonna try and talk down of someone else's movie opinion? youve got to be s**tting me.

i guess i would make a top 10....i wanted to make a top 5 on my own blog, but i doubt id put on on bx like that because guess im not that vain?

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 12-19-2010 at 07:23 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #158
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:
it doesnt actually, it wasnt his opinion on the film, because i stated what i thought and moved on, its the whole pentenious "oh i cant value your opinion because you like Alice in Wonderland" a**hole-nature of his and the other kid posts that lead to my rant.

I thought AiW was entertaining, if it were lucky id make it top 15 and certainly not top 2 so i dont get the baseless attacks on me for it. just desperate fanboys trying to grab straws, its ridiculous and childish

Like wow the guy that puts Scott Pilgrim as his #2 film of the year is really gonna try and talk down of someone else's movie opinion? youve got to be s**tting me.

i guess i would make a top 10....i wanted to make a top 5 on my own blog, but i doubt id put on on bx like that because guess im not that vain?
I'm interested in anybody's personal top ten so post it up or make the thread and I'll read it .
 12-19-2010, 07:47 PM         #159
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I'm interested in anybody's personal top ten so post it up or make the thread and I'll read it .
honestly, i dont think ive watched enough 2010 movies yet, to make a call, ive seen a good number, but, eh, im 50/50.

i might, if i do a cram session but the list would look very mainstream. sorry if i cant fit Exit Through The Gift Shop or some other art house film I missed in there. i might see it tho, since theres a good BRRip floating round

i might have something by the end of the year if i go see tron legacy and a few others

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 12-19-2010 at 07:49 PM..
 12-19-2010, 07:53 PM         #160
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i really have no qualms with the list, i dropped th whole black swan thing since i havent even seen it. but if this is a discussion forum, and you put a film like Scott Pilgrim at #2 of your top 10 then that needs to be discussed.

saying i had no point, when i specifically told you the film

1) Wasnt that original and reminded me of Idle Hands/Josie And The pus*ycats and other cult classics of that ilk

2) When Im asking you to classify the damn movie, is it a parody, or meant to have a real story with heart?

thats just bs
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy