Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
39 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-19-2010, 12:06 AM         #81
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can't wait to see The f!ghter and Black Swan. Scott Pilgrim was boring to me. idk

i LOVED kick-ass!, though! :D
 12-19-2010, 12:09 AM         #82
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
NO.

NO.

NO.

Scott Pilgrim is number 2?!?!? i dont care that is some STRAIGHT. FANBOY. s**t. RIGHT THERE.

AND I LIKED PILGRIM.
you sound like a Fanboy yourself with the way you wrote that honestly

I get you thought the satire was too forced or something, but trying to say a Tim Burton movie is better???

Coooooommmme onn buddy....

only thing that bugged me about Scott Pilgrim was Michael Cera's haircut. But then i get that a running joke was how he needed a haircut or whatever. But yeah, that s**t did bother me throughout the movie

Alice in Wonderland??... trash bro. Charlie & the Chocolate Factory pt. 2. Burton fell off a decade ago dude

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 12-19-2010 at 12:11 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #83
BigPervy 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 29 29
 DaOmega_1 said:
So, here we are, the year is winding down... And, honestly unless "Gulliver's Travels in 3D" is majorly better than expected, I don't see this year really producing any other good movies in the two weeks we have left. So, now is a good time for me to reflect upon the year, and share what movies are my personal favorites that I have seen this year.

Now, let's begin...

10). The f!ghter

[pic - click to view]

If this film had been with any other cast of people, it might've been just good... But, since the solid script is backed by an intensely great cast, it makes it all the more better. There is not a single bad performance to be found here. The transcendent work here is that of Christian Bale. He has thrown himself in this role so completely, that at some point, you forget it's Christian Bale. I think this may be the reason why the weak link may be Mark Whalberg's character... This is a mindful choice because the writers and the director wanted to show the differences between their characters. Whereas Whalberg is quietly dealing with it all, Bale is constantly vibrant, but in a way that is desperate. This is a smart choice, and this relationship dynamic between them is what drives the movie dramatically... A really great family drama that is masquerading (rather successfully) as a sports drama.
Score: 9.0 (out of 10)

9). The Social Network

[pic - click to view]

Since this movie is on EVERYONE'S top 10 list, it's safe to a.ssume that anyone who disagrees may be wrong (or, according to some, just people who don't want to follow a trend). I must admit, I was a little disappointed with this film. If only because of the fact that I was expecting more social commentary on the effect that facebook has had on our collective culture. However, the movie was less about that, and more about the (clearly over-dramatized) start of facebook and how it became the biggest thing ever. So, while I am not in the opinion that it is a groundbreaking classic, I do agree, however, that the movie is fantastically written (really, the dialogue is f*cking phenomenal), incredibly well-acted, and near-flawlessly directed. Why it's not higher on my list may be because I (rather biased, I'll admit) wanted more of the pointed commentary about our culture in the wake of facebook. While it may not be what I hoped for, I love it nonetheless, and it still is one of the best movies of the year.
Score: 9.0

8). 127 Hours

[pic - click to view]

I can safely say that there isn't alot of other movies that I think about daily... This is the one, only because of the truly disturbing (and non-exploitive) arm cutting scene is just engraved into my memory. That isn't to say that it is the only thing that is good about the movie, because it is truly an emotionally rich and engaging thriller. James Franco, as Aron Ralston (the guy who had to cut his arm off), has a difficult job with this movie... Simply because through most of it, the only character he is bouncing off of is himself. There is no one else really in the movie that is featured significantly... It is mostly all him... And, that (if you ask me) is pretty damn impressive. Danny Boyle is in top form here, and his editing style and pacing totally works in this film. Maybe it isn't the arm cutting that is the reason why it has stuck with me so long, maybe it's that the level of emotion and true energy in the movie is so honest, that it makes that one pivotal moment matter.

If there is one thing that mystifies me, it is some of the hate this movie is getting. I've been hearing the same over the past few weeks. It's in your right to hate this movie if you want, but you know what? I love it. That's right. I think it's absolutely a great heist film in the tradition of something like "Heat", except this may be more of a character-driven film than "Heat" was. Ben Affleck can no longer be laughed at. He has proven himself with two films that are absolutely great. The writing and the dialogue is among some of the best dialogue in ANY crime drama from this (or last) year. There are wall-to-wall great performances from everyone (even Affleck himself). The direction of some of these action scenes (including a chase scene that is truly a showstopper) elevates this above alot of what I've seen this year... I know there is ONE person in particular (you know who you are) who hates this on here... And, I know he'll probably debate to no end about how bad he thinks it is... But honestly... f*ck it. I love the movie. Now, get mad.

6). Toy Story 3

[pic - click to view]

This may be the only movie this year with the title of making everyone cry like a little girl collective in the theater... I went to see this in an audience of 20-somethings who grew up with the original "Toy Story", and everyone left weeping... As for me, it almost got me... Maybe this is because this is a grand send-off to our childhood... The film does this beautifully... It's about getting old, it's about realizing your limits as an adult, it's about growing up and growing away... But, it never gets too depressing to the point that it is unbearable. It is also an adventure movie, and creates a true sense of excitment... with toys? Yes. With toys. And, it represents how to do a 3rd film in a franchise correctly... Other filmmakers (even Christopher Nolan with "The Dark Knight Rises") should be taking notes.

5). Shutter Island

[pic - click to view]

Martin Scorsese's psychological thriller, "Shutter Island", is a very divisive film. The common complaint seems to be about it's ending. Let me clarify this: THIS IS NOT A TWIST. This film isn't about the ending, it's a study of a character. There are clear hints throughout that already allude to the ending, so don't go in thinking about the ending. Now, if you ask me, I love the sh*t out of this film. I think Scorsese knocks this one out of the part, and knows how to create a sense of dread and tension that's building steadily throughout. It's Scorsese unrestrained. And, it's also Leo unrestrained too. Of his performances (in both this & Inception), I label this as the better one. Leo got to explore so many dimensions here, and it shows... Plus, that scene towards the end with Michelle Williams is a true KNOCKOUT, it hits me in the gut like few scenes in this year. Truly phenomenal.
Score: 9.5

4). Let Me In

[pic - click to view]

We complain about remakes alot... lets admit it. Sometimes, we complain about them just because it may seem like the cool thing to do. So, what happens when a remake can not only match but (in only a few ways) surpass it's original? Well, then you'd get "Let Me In", a remake of the Swedish film "Let The Right One In", which itself is based on a novel. What struck me was that it didn't feel very Americanized at all... It's almost the same movie, except with a slightly quicker pace, and a little more allusions to the terrible things occurring. I'm glad that they kept the right things, and changed the right things. Matt Reeves (who previously directed Cloverfield) has proven himself to be a director who may be a force to reckon with. His confidence here is shown through the gorgeous cinematography, the powerful performances, and the truly terrifying feel that reverberates throughout the entire film. DAMN, this movie is the sh*t.

3). Inception

[pic - click to view]

Chris Nolan's existential heist film is a movie bursting with imagination to spare. This one, too, has been getting late-in-the-game hate. Which, I don't understand why... Because, from my perception, I thought the film was near flawless. I thought the way they staged these grand dream sequences, managed to create a mythology that makes sense in the context of that world, AND still managed to make a kick-ass sci-fi action film is incredible. It's a smart and intellectually tight film, and also a very emotionally powerful one too. I've been hearing this complaint that the film is "cold"... That's wrong. In fact, I found Leo's journey in trying to return to his kids and get over the
[spoiler - click to view]

to be very powerful. Which brings us to Marion Cotillard, who brings a STELLAR performance here. She is damned powerful... In fact, the entire cast brings their A game. It's a truly unique sci-fi action film that also has the story and the emotion to defend itself from it's haters...

2). Scott Pilgrim VS The World

[pic - click to view]

Call it a hipster film if you want, but you'd be ignoring (or maybe you just missed) the fact that it is actually a SATIRE of hipster culture... and a damn brilliant and perfect one too. I loved this film on a level that I wasn't expecting to love this year. Here is a film you can truly say is unlike anything that came before it, drawing inspiration from pop culture in all the RIGHT ways, and not crassly. The biggest thing is that, while visually it's top notch, it never ever neglects its story and its characters. All of that is intact, and is more prominent than I was expecting. Edgar Wright is 3 for 3 here... I think this is not only his masterpiece, but a masterpiece in this genre itself. It WAS the best film of the year, but unfortunately was beaten by my number one film...
Score: 10

1). BLACK SWAN

[pic - click to view]

Darren Aronofsky has created a massive work of art. A perfect symphony of imagery, music, performance, and creativity. There aren't many movies that can claim to be as creative as this film. And, the level of remarkable craftsmanship is daunting. Natalie Portman has created a destined-to-be-nominated performance here that shows her true dedication to this role. She is INCREDIBLE here. In fact, everyone in the cast (including the underrated Barbara Hershey in a devastating performance) is incredible. With beautiful cinematography, an amazing score, and excellent writing, I cannot think of anything I've seen this (or last) year that boasted such an excellent level of quality. If you haven't yet, I urge you... RUN, do not walk, to see this movie.
Score: 10
Omega, have to give respect to your list. I haven't seen all the films on your list so far but I'll make sure to get to the one I haven't seen sooner or later. But I have to admit, Scott Pilgram vs The World was somewhat of a let down to me. I don't know why but I just couldn't get into this movie like everyone else I know. My list would most likely move Incepction in the 1st and Shutter Island in 2. My third would be Date Movie with Steve Carroll and Tina Fey.
 12-19-2010, 12:10 AM         #84
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at TheBallDontLie being a moron hahaha obvious troll is obvious
 12-19-2010, 12:14 AM         #85
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ngoogs said:
at TheBallDontLie being a moron hahaha obvious troll is obvious
Do you think I'm a moron or acting like one? Clear this up.
 12-19-2010, 12:14 AM         #86
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ngoogs said:
i can't wait to see The f!ghter and Black Swan. Scott Pilgrim was boring to me. idk

i LOVED kick-ass!, though! :D
Oh yea. Oh god yes Kick a.ss was lightyears better than Scott Pilgrim at doing exactly the same thing Scott Pilgrim was trying to do.

Thank you.
 12-19-2010, 12:22 AM         #87
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
you sound like a Fanboy yourself with the way you wrote that honestly

I get you thought the satire was too forced or something, but trying to say a Tim Burton movie is better???

Coooooommmme onn buddy....

only thing that bugged me about Scott Pilgrim was Michael Cera's haircut. But then i get that a running joke was how he needed a haircut or whatever. But yeah, that s**t did bother me throughout the movie

Alice in Wonderland??... trash bro. Charlie & the Chocolate Factory pt. 2. Burton fell off a decade ago dude

Alice in Wonderland is dazzling. Honestly the only thing that bothered me on Alice 2010 was some of J Depp's overacting and his need for screen time. The effects are grand and they should have focused more on Alice's plight in Wonderland rather than these "others characters" but whatever it looks amazing on Blu Ray

I really didnt care for Pilgrim's characters after the movie was over. None of seemed "iconic"....the "Vegan Powers" guy had a shot, but hes on for so little...

COMEEE ONNNNN

[spoiler - click to view]

1st time, "ha, 3rd time: "eh."

dont make me bash this movie any more.

Theres no way you can say Pilgrim is 2 but Kick a.ss is nowhere on the list? Just switch those out, put Inception at #2 and we'll be fiinnnneeee. For now.
 12-19-2010, 12:23 AM         #88
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
Oh yea. Oh god yes Kick a.ss was lightyears better than Scott Pilgrim at doing exactly the same thing Scott Pilgrim was trying to do.

Thank you.

[video - click to view]

12-19-2010, 12:29 AM         #89
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
Do you think I'm a moron or acting like one? Clear this up.

[pic - click to view]

okay, my bad. you're ACTING like a moron haha
 12-19-2010, 12:32 AM         #90
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ngoogs said:

[pic - click to view]

okay, my bad. you're ACTING like a moron haha
And how is this? I can easily tell some random guy walking down a street "you are acting like a moron". See how easy that is?
 12-19-2010, 12:34 AM         #91
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
Seen it.

Make Scott Pilgrim looks better than it is.

Scott Pilgrim or Kick a.ss?

It's easy after that.

Come on now.
 12-19-2010, 12:39 AM         #92
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
And how is this? I can easily tell some random guy walking down a street "you are acting like a moron". See how easy that is?
were you not the guy trying to tell us all that Leo's character in Shutter Island and Incpetion were basically the same?

[pic - click to view]

12-19-2010, 12:40 AM         #93
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
Seen it.

Make Scott Pilgrim looks better than it is.

Scott Pilgrim or Kick a.ss?

It's easy after that.

Come on now.
Scott Pilgrim for me easily. Kick-Ass is dope, too.
 12-19-2010, 12:43 AM         #94
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ngoogs said:
were you not the guy trying to tell us all that Leo's character in Shutter Island and Incpetion were basically the same?

[pic - click to view]

Where did i state this?
 12-19-2010, 12:49 AM         #95
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
Scott Pilgrim for me easily. Kick-Ass is dope, too.

Yes but. No.

and @ The Social Network being #9 of the year. What are you gonna do 10 years from now when they talk about this movie in the same breath as The Graduate, Malcolm X, Boogie Nights and other highly dramatized bio pic classics?
 12-19-2010, 12:53 AM         #96
Turk Turkleton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you had a top 20 would Iron Man 2 be on there?
 12-19-2010, 12:55 AM         #97
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:

Yes but. No.

and @ The Social Network being #9 of the year. What are you gonna do 10 years from now when they talk about this movie in the same breath as The Graduate, Malcolm X, Boogie Nights and other highly dramatized bio pic classics?
Exit Through the Gift Shop > Social Network which doesn't manipulate the script to portray a compelling movie..

Edit: illstreet keeps on peeking in this thread.
 12-19-2010, 01:01 AM         #98
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got my whole crew fiending for that Exit Through the Gift Shop.

I showed it to one friend and he can't stop talking about it now everyone wants to see that s**t. I tried to catch it when I was in Nashville at this cool theatre they got there which shows older films too and has beer and s**t. Cheap tickets as well.

I wish i didn't live in s**tty South Florida. Nashville isn't great though, I wanna move back to San Diego :\
 7 years ago '04        #99
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 WorldsStrangest said:

Yes but. No.

That's not going to happen. And no one is still talking about Boogie Nights and Malcolm X. The Social Network is a good movie, but extremely overrated.
 12-19-2010, 01:02 AM         #100
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
Exit Through the Gift Shop > Social Network which doesn't manipulate the script to portray a compelling movie..

Edit: illstreet keeps on peeking in this thread.
Ive heard of ETTGS before, a friend asked me if I had, couple months back, told him I hadnt heard of it. Couple weeks later the rip pops up and I read the synopsis...

Tagline: The incredible true story of how the world's greatest Street Art movie was never made...
Storyline: The story of how an eccentric French shop keeper and amateur film maker attempted to locate and befriend Banksy...

Now....forgive me when i say this, but, and really, with all sincerity....sorry....but that really doesnt sound appealing to me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
171 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy