Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4135 4135
 TheBallDontLie said:
Do it then, this statement is just air without and shouldn't be taken serious without back up.
Well, he's right. One is insane, the other isn't. One is psychologically active, while the other is psychologically passive.

The themes that are different is basically that in Shutter Island, his mind is consciously choosing to forget what really happened, and him having to face the finality of that. In Inception, he is so aware of what has happened, and the fact that him not willing to let go is what is going to k!ll him and everybody in the dream levels... In Shutter Island, it is only affecting him. In Inception, everyone around Leo will suffer.
 12-18-2010, 11:20 PM         #62
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
Do it then, this statement is just air without and shouldn't be taken serious without back up.
Fam, it's 12am Saturday night, I'm not gonna type up an obvious list of reasons why they are dramatically different films...

You troll around this section a lot anyways, posting Armond White reviews and s**t, so I don't know why I even bothered responding seriously. That's my L.

12-18-2010, 11:20 PM         #63
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And to take it one step further, the struggle to let go of something that has been lost to you... Was an extremely powerful theme for me.
From your own words.

What happens in both of these movies? Cobb tries to relive those moments with his wife, living in his dreams, avoiding reality.

Teddy creates in his own mind to not deal with reality.

Both films his wife has abandoned him.

Are you really are going to discredit me for saying these movies both have lots of similarity.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 12-18-2010 at 11:24 PM..
 12-18-2010, 11:23 PM         #64
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Fam, it's 12am Saturday night, I'm not gonna type up an obvious list of reasons why they are dramatically different films...

You troll around this section a lot anyways, posting Armond White reviews and s**t, so I don't know why I even bothered responding seriously. That's my L.

Yeah, that's what i thought you call someone a joke and don't back it up your statements. Who's the joke now? That :bsflag: doesn't fly with me.

So i post armond white reviews? He sometimes makes excellent points. What's your point? We both comment on omega reviews..
 12-18-2010, 11:25 PM         #65
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
From your own words.

What happens in both of these movies? Cobb tries to relive those moments with his wife.

Teddy creates in his own mind to not deal with reality.

Both films his wife has abandoned him.
Yet another difference right there...

One chooses to embrace his indulgence in such fantasies, even to the point of
[spoiler - click to view]

...(Shutter Island)

While the other chooses to finally let go... Which is much harder by the way...(Inception)
 7 years ago '04        #66
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3473 3473
I'm not going to lie, I thought Shutter Island and Inception had a lot of parallels, which are just accentuated by Leo playing the lead in both movies.
 12-18-2010, 11:27 PM         #67
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
I'm not going to lie, I thought Shutter Island and Inception had a lot of parallels, which are just accentuated by Leo playing the lead in both movies.
^^^That's it.

If say, Daniel Day-Lewis has played "Teddy" in "Shutter Island", no one would make the correlation.
 12-18-2010, 11:28 PM         #68
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
And this guy is really basically calling me a clown for stating i see similarities, really?

I know he obviously doesn't like me, but show some respect when someone backs up their claims in a respectable manner, then again he idolize Jay-Z a 40 year old still stuck in the childlike mind state.
 12-18-2010, 11:30 PM         #69
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NO.

NO.

NO.

Scott Pilgrim is number 2?!?!? i dont care that is some STRAIGHT. FANBOY. s**t. RIGHT THERE.

AND I LIKED PILGRIM.
 12-18-2010, 11:33 PM         #70
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
And this guy is really basically calling me a clown for stating i see similarities, really?

I know he obviously doesn't like me, but show some respect when someone backs up their claims.
I didn't call you a clown for saying that you see "similarities".

I s**t on your opinion, because you said that the main emotional theme that Dom Cobb deals with, is the same one that Teddy deals with...

Which isn't the case.

One is living a psychotic fantasy

, while the other

... Actually has kids to get back to... And actually has consequences for his actions that can be felt by everyone around him in a very real way.

It's really night and day.

Sorry you can't seem to grasp it.

Last edited by Illstreet; 12-18-2010 at 11:37 PM..
 12-18-2010, 11:39 PM         #71
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
I didn't call you a clown for saying that you see "similarities".

I s**t on your opinion, because you said that the main emotional theme that Dom Cobb deals with, is the same one that Teddy deals with...

Which isn't the case.

One is living a psychotic fantasy, while the other Edit:worded it the wrong way... Actually has kids to get back to... And actually has consequences for his actions that can be felt by everyone around him in a very real way.

It's really night and day.

Sorry you can't seem to grasp it.
Um, they BOTH escape reality to deal with losing their wife and basically try to change the past in their mind, dream state or insanity.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 12-18-2010 at 11:44 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #72
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:
NO.

NO.

NO.

Scott Pilgrim is number 2?!?!? i dont care that is some STRAIGHT. FANBOY. s**t. RIGHT THERE.

AND I LIKED PILGRIM.
Yes.

yes.

Yes.

I loved it, and it's staying at number 2. No fanboy sh*t over here. For me, I thought it was great, and definitely deserves to be in that two spot. Deal with it.
 12-18-2010, 11:42 PM         #73
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Yes.

yes.

Yes.

I loved it, and it's staying at number 2. No fanboy sh*t over here. For me, I thought it was great, and definitely deserves to be in that two spot. Deal with it.

[pic - click to view]

12-18-2010, 11:45 PM         #74
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
Um, they BOTH escape reality to deal with losing their wife and basically try to change the past within their mind, dream state or insanity.
I miss typed what I was trying to say in that post, and edited it to reflect the point I was trying to make... Re-read it now.

And essentially, I disagree... For the most part, Teddy(in Shutter Island), has come to grips with and accepted that his wife is dead... He has fake memories and occassional visions of her, but he doesn't dwell on her like Dom does...

In a very real way, the tragedy of Teddy is that

Where as, Dom's tragedy is that his Wife is dead, and he can't be with her anymore.

Dom also barely talks about his dead wife, while Teddy freely discusses what happened(or what he created to have happened) with his wife's death...

They're just very different characters.

I'm truly sorry that you don't see it.
 12-18-2010, 11:46 PM         #75
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Glorified kids film. An over budget cult classic. How can a movie be so innovative and so contrived at the same time? Need I go on?

Alice in Wonderland > Scott Pilgrim
 7 years ago '05        #76
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:

Glorified kids film. An over budget cult classic. How can a movie be so innovative and so contrived at the same time? Need I go on?

Alice in Wonderland > Scott Pilgrim
Please, you mean Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" aka "The same damned movie I make every year just to sell Hot Topic T Shirts"? F*ck outta here, dude. Talk about contrived when you compare SP to the most contrived and pointless film of the year...

Alice In Wonderland personifies everything I hate about Tim Burton, take the same themes, the same visual motifs, even the same score, and replay them in every single f*cking film you make to the point where its monotonous and meaningless. Alice In Wonderland is one big giant pop-up coloring book.

The list ain't changing. Explain your points as to WHY it's contrived?

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 12-18-2010 at 11:53 PM..
 12-18-2010, 11:51 PM         #77
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
I miss typed what I was trying to say in that post, and edited it to reflect the point I was trying to make... Re-read it now.

And essentially, I disagree... For the most part, Teddy(in Shutter Island), has come to grips with and accepted that his wife is dead... He has fake memories and occassional visions of her, but he doesn't dwell in her like Dom does...

Dom also barely talks about his dead wife, while Teddy freely discusses what happened(or what he created to have happened) with his wife's death...

They're just very different characters.

I'm truly sorry that you don't see it.
Answer me this like you said "struggle to let go of something that has been lost to you". Teddy is obviously struggling with the LOST of his wife and kids. So he recreates in his mind to forget about it = not living in reality = avoiding reality

Cobb uses the dream state to relive the moments with his wife = not living in reality = avoiding reality

Teddy only stops living like this because he is forced too.

Cobb is probably not living in reality but he is not forced to live out of reality.

So like i said in that aspect that i QUOTED you is deals with kinda of the same similarities of the theme.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 12-18-2010 at 11:55 PM..
 12-18-2010, 11:57 PM         #78
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Please, you Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" aka "The same damned movie I make every year just to sell Hot Topic T Shirts"? F*ck outta here, dude. Talk about contrived when you compare SP to the most contrived and pointless film of the year...

The list ain't changing. Explain your points as to WHY it's contrived?
Why was it so contrived? what! You could have played that Seinfeld Laugh Track throughout the whole movie. Where does the laugh end and the story begin? Was it a movie or an extended music video? A Superhero film or a parody??

It really reminded me of movies like Idle Hands and Josie And The pus*ycats (2000) sans the Nintendo SFX it wasnt really as cutting egde as the fans want it to be. Its good, its just not that good, I laughed more in The Social Network than Scott Pilgrim.

Hopefully there will be a sequel to fill in the gaps to make a real story and not just "whats the craziest, hippest way we can get from point A to B"

And Alice in Wonderland is based on a 100 year old classic tale, i hardly doubt it was made to sell Hot Topic T Shirts
 12-18-2010, 11:58 PM         #79
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
Answer me this like you said "struggle to let go of something that has been lost to you". Teddy is obviously struggling with the LOST of his wife and kids. So he recreates in his mind to forget about it = not living in reality = avoiding reality

Cobb uses the dream state to relive the moments with his wife = not living in reality = avoiding reality

Teddy only stops living like this because he is forced too.

Cobb is probably not living in reality but he is not forced to live out of reality.

So like i said in that aspect that i QUOTED you is deals with kinda of the same similarities of the theme.
It's not the same... I've already explained why...

And I already said about 5-6 posts ago I wasn't going to fall for this trap with you... Here I am, an hour later, stating obvious differences, just like I said I wouldn't... On a Saturday night.

I lost.

Later.
 12-19-2010, 12:04 AM         #80
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
It's not the same... I've already explained why...

And I already said about 5-6 posts ago I wasn't going to fall for this trap with you... Here I am, an hour later, stating obvious differences, just like I said I wouldn't... On a Saturday night.

I lost.

Later.

This could even be a subliminal character imprint - Like Keanu Reeves in Johnny Mnemonic and The Matrix.

Run away now and bump your mindless self-inducing Jay-Z music.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 12-19-2010 at 12:11 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now