Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-17-2010, 03:26 PM         #1
10737 pageviews
20 comments

adambalbaa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A Question on L-Glutamine

I just bought GNC brand L-glutamine and the bottle says "can take up for 30 days",
other l-glutamine products iv bought have never said this,
anyone know if i should be taking this for only 30 days, then taking a rest?

20 comments for "A Question on L-Glutamine"

12-17-2010, 03:29 PM         #2
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's perfectly fine to take it everyday.
 7 years ago '05        #3
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
U don't have to cycle glutamine because its a useless supplement. The amount required to make any significant difference is enormous and doesn't justify the price tag. Next time, don't buy it and save your money. I used to take glutamine before but I stopped and haven't noticed a damn thing. David barr has an excellent article regarding the scam that is glutamine. Google it.
 7 years ago '04        #4
TYT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,441 | Props total: 61 61
ive noticed that im less sore after using this.... back in high school i didnt take s**t and would be sore after coming back to workouts. now i take monster milk and cyto gainer with glutamine and havent really been sore in years

i dont think it got me bigger though... just faster recovery
 7 years ago '06        #5
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
its nearly impossible to take too much glutamine
 7 years ago '05        #6
Rubix 
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
its nearly impossible to take too much glutamine
:wtf:
 7 years ago '08        #7
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 1 1
I've been using it for 2-3 weeks, haven't noticed s**t, I still get sore as f**k... :jay:
 7 years ago '04        #8
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
I use it and I definitely see benefits of it. My knees are s**t and get sore really easily. I've been taking it pretty regularly for about 2 months. I didn't notice too much when I was taking it, but since I haven't bought any recently my knees are starting to get sore more easily.

And you can't take too much because like many vitamins and minerals, you'll just pee out whatever your body doesn't absorb.
 7 years ago '07        #9
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
i don't take the supps. i feel i get enough of it in my protein shakes and food i eat. but hey if u notice a difference when u take it keep doing what you're doing.
 7 years ago '05        #10
Rubix 
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I use it and I definitely see benefits of it. My knees are s**t and get sore really easily. I've been taking it pretty regularly for about 2 months. I didn't notice too much when I was taking it, but since I haven't bought any recently my knees are starting to get sore more easily.

And you can't take too much because like many vitamins and minerals, you'll just pee out whatever your body doesn't absorb.
Where are u guys getting ur information from? Wtf? Taking too much of ANYTHING can be harmful. U just don't "pee out" what u don't absorb, wtf?
 7 years ago '04        #11
space
space
 Rubix said:
Where are u guys getting ur information from? Wtf? Taking too much of ANYTHING can be harmful. U just don't "pee out" what u don't absorb, wtf?
First off:

if you read the article, you can get an upset stomach from taking excessive amounts but that's it. You can get an upset stomach from eating too much broccoli too.

And it's not like you're gonna try and overdose and take the whole bottle or some s**t. That'd be retarded when you're paying for it.

Your body can only absorb a certain amount of any particular vitamin. Just like you can't take too much vitamin C. You'll pee out what you can't absorb. Do you have something that suggests otherwise?
 7 years ago '05        #12
Rubix 
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
First off:

if you read the article, you can get an upset stomach from taking excessive amounts but that's it. You can get an upset stomach from eating too much broccoli too.

And it's not like you're gonna try and overdose and take the whole bottle or some s**t. That'd be retarded when you're paying for it.

Your body can only absorb a certain amount of any particular vitamin. Just like you can't take too much vitamin C. You'll pee out what you can't absorb. Do you have something that suggests otherwise?
What are the Various Glutamine Side-Effects?
Glutamine supplement is potent enough to have potent medicinal properties. Therefore, apart from the above mentioned reasons, it is reasonable to a.ssume that there are certain side effects of glutamine, a.ssociated with its use.

* A rise in the level of liver enzymes.
* Difficult micturition. The urine production suddenly decreases and mild pain is felt in the lower back where the kidneys are located.
* Development of manic depression in the patients of bipolar disorder.
* In many people, glutamine cause chills, lightheadedness, dizziness, severe headaches, fainting, fever, puffiness of the face or tongue, tightness in the chest, stomachache and tachycardia.
* Development of some psychological disorder due to the excess of glutamine by-products such as glutamate and ammonia in the body.
* Increase in the risk of seizures occurrence.
* Many glutamine supplement takers experience coughing, hoarseness of the throat and frequent urge to defecate.
* Many people, who are on long-term use of glutamine, experience glutamine side effects of yellowing of skin color, a decrease in touch sensation, cold hands and feet, depression, discoloration of finger nails or toe nails, change in v*ginal discharge, lack of concentration, and a general feeling of weakness.
* Many other glutamine side effects include constipation, body ache, brea$t pain, indigestion, lack of appetite, emesis of food or blood, flatulence, nausea, swelling around the anus, gas, congestion, dry or sore throat, and runny nose.

Glutamine Powder Side Effects
By Hayley Harrison, eHow Contributor

Glutamine is a type of amino acid. It is sometimes taken in powder form by bodybuilders in the hopes of adding additional muscle and bulk. There are some side effects that prospective users should be aware of before taking glutamine.

Severe Side Effects
1. According to the Mayo Clinic, glutamine powder can cause chills, dizziness or lightheadedness, fainting, fever, severe headaches, rapid heartbeat, puffiness of the face or tongue, severe stomach pain, hives, tightness in the chest or wheezing. These can be signs of a serious reaction to glumatime and require prompt medical attention.
Urinary Complication
2. Glutamine powder can cause difficulty in urinating, a sudden decrease of urine production, painful frequent urination or pain in the lower back where the kidneys are located. The Mayo Clinic categorizes these as warning signs and urges those experiencing them to seek emergency medical care.
Common Mild Side Effects
3. People taking glutamine may experience coughing, hoarseness of the throat and the frequent urge to defecate accompanied by straining.
Minor Side Effects
4. Minor side effects that are not life threatening can also occur from taking glutamine. These include back pain, body aches, stiffness, muscle aches and pains, brea$t pain, lack of appetite, indigestion, vomiting of food or blood, nausea, stomach bloat, flatulence, gas, rectal bleeding, constipation or blood in stools, pale colored stools, swelling around the anus, diarrhea, painful or dark urine, congestion, dry or sore throat and a runny nose.
Additional Side Effects
5. Other side effects may occur from taking glutamine. The Mayo Clinic reports changes in skin color such as yellowing, cold hands and feet, decreased touch sensation, aggravated symptoms in patients with Crohn's disease, difficulty in moving, feelings of discouragement or sadness, discoloration of the fingernails or toenails, hearing problems, joint pain, irritability, lack of s3x drive, rash, change in v*ginal discharge, joint pain, sleeplessness, sunken eyes, sweating, swelling, thirst, trouble concentrating, bad breath, tiredness and voice changes.

Read more: Glutamine Powder Side Effects | eHow.com

^these are some side effects of over-consumption of glutamine.

now consider this:

^studies have shown that guys who are taking massive amounts of glutamine (45g per day! equalling about $1200 USD per year for a 200 lb guy) showed no difference in 1rm compared to a placebo group in either squat or bench press; and they also showed no difference in lean body mass (muscle mass gained) compared to the placebo group.

so all in all, if you were taking 45 grams of glutmine, not only will you not see any significant results, you can possibly develop some side effects. but hey, if it's working for you guys, go right ahead and keep taking it. it aint my wallet.
 7 years ago '05        #13
Rubix 
space
space
and just for the record:

Is Too Much Vitamin C Harmful?
Vitamin C is indeed beneficial for the body, but it is important to understand how much vitamin c is good. A vitamin c overdose can have adverse effects on the body which can disrupt the functioning of several of the body organs. Read more on vitamin c overdose. Let's read further to find what can a high vitamin c intake cause.

* Diarrhea: Vitamin C helps in the f!ght against constipation, but too much vitamin c causes diarrhea. If you have been taking an extra dose of vitamin c in your diet, apart from your daily dose of fruits and vegetables, talk to your health care professional, to find out if vitamin C is the factor causing diarrhea.
* Nausea: Over dose of vitamin C can cause nausea in some patients. Therefore, it is a good thought to have a dose of vitamin C prescribed from your health care professional instead of you administering it on your own.
* Renal Failure: Hemochromatosis, is an inherited condition, where there is an overload of iron. Since vitamin C aids in iron absorption, people suffering from hemochromatosis should not be prescribed Vitamin C. It can cause renal failure in such patients.
* Fatigue: Although vitamin C aids in absorption of iron, overdose of it, can cause fatigue in some people.
* Abdominal Cramps: The other side effect of overdose of vitamin C is that it causes abdominal cramps.
* Kidney Stones: The extra vitamins present in the body are normally flushed out of the body. However in the case of vitamin C, if it is not flushed out, it can cause kidney stones, as along with iron, vitamin C also helps in the absorption of calcium. High amounts of calcium can cause kidney stones. Therefore, the intake of vitamin C should be in moderation.
* Hindrance in Cancer Treatment: It has been noted that, too much of vitamin C can cause a hindrance in certain cancer treatments.
* Indigestion: If a person has a history of heartburn or indigestion, too much of vitamin C can aggravate the condition.
* Insomnia: Among various side effects of vitamin C, insomnia is caused due to an overdose.
* Irritation of Esophagus: Like indigestion, too much of vitamin C can cause acid reflux, hence the irritation of the esophagus. Read more on acid reflux disease.
* Drowsiness: One of the side effects of overdose of vitamin C is drowsiness.
* Decreased Vitamin B12: Excessive amounts of Vitamin C can cause decreased levels of Vitamin B12 in the body.
* Increased Demand of Oxygen: If you take too much of vitamin C it can give rise to an increased demand for oxygen, which can result in added pressure on the heart.
* Gastritis: Inflammation of the stomach lining is called gastritis. Overdose of vitamin C can cause inflammation of the stomach lining.
* Erosion of Teeth: If a person has been using chew-able vitamin C for a very long period of time, it can cause erosion of the teeth as well.
* Deep Vein Thrombosis: Although Vitamin C is beneficial, mega-doses of vitamin C can cause deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
* Harmful to Red Blood Cells: Excessive amounts of vitamin C can be harmful to the red blood cells, as it causes the destruction of these cells.

it would be nice if we just "pee out" whatever we don't need, wouldn't it? unfortunately, s**t doesn't work that way.
 7 years ago '04        #14
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
:nope: Getting trolled by the glutamine troll.
 7 years ago '06        #15
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
 Rubix said:
:wtf:
i mean if hes taking like 5 tablespoons a day then its a problem. If he doses before and after a workout then its not bad. If he takes 3 servings a day its not bad.
 7 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 Rubix said:
and just for the record:

it would be nice if we just "pee out" whatever we don't need, wouldn't it? unfortunately, s**t doesn't work that way.
Honestly, if you're trying to intentionally overdose on the s**t, yea you'll get some adverse health effects.

But for your average guy who goes to the gym, 5-10g / day isn't anywhere close.
 7 years ago '05        #17
Rubix 
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Honestly, if you're trying to intentionally overdose on the s**t, yea you'll get some adverse health effects.

But for your average guy who goes to the gym, 5-10g / day isn't anywhere close.
.. do u guys just skim through posts? The point I made was that glutamine, even at high doses (45 g's per day), didn't show any difference in 1RM's or lean body mass..so what do u guys think 10 g's is doing? Now I also posted that glutamine at high doses carry the potential for certain side effects. I no longer trust the logic of bx posters anymore so I'll lay it out for u guys easy:

A - Studies have been done that show glutamine at high doses (far exceeding anything "regular" people take) show no significant results.
B - glutamine at high doses carry potential side effects.

therefore, if you take glutamine, even at high doses, you can potentially suffer from the side effects at you won't see any significant results.

..And you'll also have lighter pockets.

This is just food for thought. If you wanna keep taking glutamine, then go for it...but that 5-10g ur taking aint doing jack s**t. The link I posted written by david barr shows that its one of the most expensive supplements in terms of how much u need vs. Price. Its also backed with sources so there u have it.
 7 years ago '04        #18
space
space
 Rubix said:
.. do u guys just skim through posts? The point I made was that glutamine, even at high doses (45 g's per day), didn't show any difference in 1RM's or lean body mass..so what do u guys think 10 g's is doing? Now I also posted that glutamine at high doses carry the potential for certain side effects. I no longer trust the logic of bx posters anymore so I'll lay it out for u guys easy:

A - Studies have been done that show glutamine at high doses (far exceeding anything "regular" people take) show no significant results.
B - glutamine at high doses carry potential side effects.

therefore, if you take glutamine, even at high doses, you can potentially suffer from the side effects at you won't see any significant results.

..And you'll also have lighter pockets.

This is just food for thought. If you wanna keep taking glutamine, then go for it...but that 5-10g ur taking aint doing jack s**t. The link I posted written by david barr shows that its one of the most expensive supplements in terms of how much u need vs. Price. Its also backed with sources so there u have it.

ok that may be where we missed eachother. I don't use and wouldn't recommend glutamine for anyone who is looking for gains. It's not protein. I just used it for recovery because it decreased soreness after working out.
 7 years ago '04        #19
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
ok that may be where we missed eachother. I don't use and wouldn't recommend glutamine for anyone who is looking for gains. It's not protein. I just used it for recovery because it decreased soreness after working out.
 7 years ago '05        #20
Rubix 
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
You're better off taking generic creatine monohydrate for recovery but w/e. I'm done with this thread
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy