Donovan McNabb benched - Grossman to start against Dallas

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #101
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,024 | Props total: 22352 22352
Shanahan is such a b**ch man.
 7 years ago '07        #102
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,376 | Props total: 21436 21436
 01seay said:
- Rex Grossman (2007 interview excerpt)

When the Legend was Born.....

12-17-2010, 03:51 PM         #103
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think there is a serious story behind all of this...

Shanny didn't bench him because he doesn't like him, or because he is playing poor, there is something behind all of this that explains this well..

and im not going to be one of the people that quick triggers Shanny and questions him about his moves.. i will give him this next draft and FA period for him to put his stamp on this team..

with the limited talent and limited picks and the fall out of the REAL DEAL that ended up with us stuck with mcnabb hes been shoved into a rough place..

imo i think he makes a play for luck this offseason.. Kyle and Mike are tired of Mcnabb and his ways of not wanting to work on things (footwork to improve accuracy) and they want to groom their own QB into their own system.. seems to me like this QB move they made in the off season was a plan B for when Plan A (Bradford Trade) fell threw..
 7 years ago '04        #104
TBX 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,936 | Props total: 609 609
Welcome to DC?

[pic - click to view]

We ain't much better tho.
 7 years ago '09        #105
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
dam Mcnab fell off so bad

Nas won
 12-17-2010, 03:57 PM         #106
MsToi2U  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW REALLY?! And when was the last time he started... Bears in '08?
 7 years ago '04        #107
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
Look like mike and chillie will be watching the season together from the comfront of their own homes. That what happen when coaches making stupid decisions.
 7 years ago '05        #108
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
what is this f**kery?
 12-17-2010, 06:35 PM         #109
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, i remeber back in 05 mac was having a even better season then vick...people forget so easily...oh well...i wish him well....hes a eagle forlife
 7 years ago '05        #110
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 Legit1 said:
I'm a Eagles fan which happens to live in Maryland so I see all the Redskins games. I see Donovan as an rapidly declining Quarterback who has had a great career. But I also see in-depth with the situation, you have a QB you have traded a 2nd and a likely 3rd for who is struggling. I see I have Rex Grossman who is terrible knowing he is not even a prospect with potential to be considered as the starting QB for the Redskins. I see myself with a oline that would be best to have McNabb under center due to his marginal scrambling ability remaining. I see there are no young QB's on the roster that could even to entertain the thought that they could be the future for the redskins to even spark the idea of benching the best QB by far in McNabb on the roster.

Bottom line the Redskins should let this season ride out with McNabb starting and release him if you don't want him. You might as well get investment for who you just gave up precious draft picks for. But to disrespect a guy of his resume with a REX GROSSMAN benching is unbelievable.
This like Peyton Manning getting benched for Painter.
you arent going to get an investment for what you gave up, they found that out and thats why they are doing what they're doing. i think they just realized that they made a mistake ever getting this guy because he isnt who they thought he was. i know people may feel differently from what im about to say but a different quarterback gets you more wins this year then 5 does. he has made a TON of bad decisions and thats really why he's getting benched and i dont blame Shanny.

and this isnt like manning getting benched for painter because 5 isnt manning, and this isnt disrespect HE PLAYED HIMSELF OUT OF THE JOB. if he would have played better he wouldnt have been benched.

Last edited by StateProperty88; 12-17-2010 at 06:41 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #111
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 DrX said:
damn, i remeber back in 05 mac was having a even better season then vick...people forget so easily...oh well...i wish him well....hes a eagle forlife
its not a matter of people forgetting homie, its a matter of it not being 2005
 7 years ago '08        #112
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,408 | Props total: 422 422
 Lowkey18 said:
i think there is a serious story behind all of this...

Shanny didn't bench him because he doesn't like him, or because he is playing poor, there is something behind all of this that explains this well..

and im not going to be one of the people that quick triggers Shanny and questions him about his moves.. i will give him this next draft and FA period for him to put his stamp on this team..

with the limited talent and limited picks and the fall out of the REAL DEAL that ended up with us stuck with mcnabb hes been shoved into a rough place..

imo i think he makes a play for luck this offseason.. Kyle and Mike are tired of Mcnabb and his ways of not wanting to work on things (footwork to improve accuracy) and they want to groom their own QB into their own system.. seems to me like this QB move they made in the off season was a plan B for when Plan A (Bradford Trade) fell threw..
I'm starting to believe he benched him because he was playing poor and it feels like more and more this wasn't his idea. No way in hell you watch this man play as an Eagle and see the weaknesses he posses and know damn well he can hamper the offense you're trying to accomplish. He has always struggled with those easy passes and you tellin' me lil Kyle Shanahan can fix his 12 year problem?

This leads me to believe Dan Snyder pushed for this. One last horah. If that was Mike Shanahan's man ain't no way you give up on him by week 8. Of course Kyle hates him too.

Thinking about it now I see the Cowboys blowing us out on Sunday. 51 players are watching a "healthy" Donovan McNabb on the bench while they see Rex Grossman starting? No effort will be given that day.

After I've calmed down and watched this play out I do wanna see what happens. We've already wasted this past 2nd rounder and now another 3rd. Lets see what we get back for McNabb and Haynesworth. The dumb part is they should have let this ride out instead of devaluing McNabb like that.
 7 years ago '04        #113
YoungForcers 
space
space
$2,089 | Props total: 147 147
 luv4music said:
Eagles won
yup we sure did and we're winning games too
 12-17-2010, 07:17 PM         #114
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AnyGiven said:
I'm starting to believe he benched him because he was playing poor and it feels like more and more this wasn't his idea. No way in hell you watch this man play as an Eagle and see the weaknesses he posses and know damn well he can hamper the offense you're trying to accomplish. He has always struggled with those easy passes and you tellin' me lil Kyle Shanahan can fix his 12 year problem?

This leads me to believe Dan Snyder pushed for this. One last horah. If that was Mike Shanahan's man ain't no way you give up on him by week 8. Of course Kyle hates him too.

Thinking about it now I see the Cowboys blowing us out on Sunday. 51 players are watching a "healthy" Donovan McNabb on the bench while they see Rex Grossman starting? No effort will be given that day.

After I've calmed down and watched this play out I do wanna see what happens. We've already wasted this past 2nd rounder and now another 3rd. Lets see what we get back for McNabb and Haynesworth. The dumb part is they should have let this ride out instead of devaluing McNabb like that.

AMEN.....

i would actually do this... lil outlandish but i would do it

McNabb
Albert
our 1st Rounder (top 6 probably)
2012 3rd and 4th

for

Panthers 1st Overall Pick (Andrew Luck)

we keep all of our picks this year that we have and get a future QB that Mike and Kyle want to Groom...

Sign Davin (this probably will happen because Bruce Drafted him in TB)
Sign Kalil (doubt it but id love it)
Sign Soliai (could happen)
 7 years ago '10        #115
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 StateProperty88 said:
there's a difference between struggling and just playing bad. 5 is out there making bad decisions period, i dont what circumstances you're in if you're a vet like he is you shouldnt make some of the decisions ive seen him make this year
I don't think you're being entirely fair here. I won't argue against all of your points but still

Among others, I watched most of the Skins games this year. So when you say things like "a different Qb would have done better", I don't think that's entirely true at all unless his name is Michael Vick(due to his mobility).

So that said I've seen how he's done on the Skins. He has his flaws, but at the same time I saw plenty of other things that you've failed to mention. Rushed throws, 37 sacks...88 hits on the QB. Those 88 hits are more than any other team in the league....and that doesn't even include the probably 15-20 sacks I've seen dude break this season.

I've always said, you can have a bad O-line but have good weapons. But bad of both? Combined with a poor inconsistent running game? There were some bad throws, bad decisions, etc. etc. But in my honest opinion...those things became highlighted even more due to all the other things that were falling apart around him. If everything was set around him....those 10-12 bad interceptions would be the normal NFL quarterback numbers and those throws or decisions would be minimized because conditions would be better. Football is a game of sequence, one thing leading to another. McNabb has had little help this season and that should be what's 1st and foremost stated. I would agree with you if he was struggling on a good team. THEN we can be like

Last edited by Smoke500; 12-17-2010 at 07:24 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #116
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 VerbalAssassin said:
McNabb should be like
[pic - click to view]

phillyCANNON said:
Shanny has been secretly hired by Andy Reid to destroy the Redskins!

ThaShark316 said:
McNabb to ARI 2k11.
 youngt22 said:
welcome to the sf 49ers next yr. :D
Both of these would make some sense

faceoffizhere said:
shanahan is confused smh da mcnabb aint the problem obviously people gonna see rex aint as mobile he gonna get hit way more.
37 sacks, 88 Qb hits when McNabb was QB. The good news is though that the O-line has looked a lil better, and Rex hasn't been tormented all season with that line

DrX said:
People do forget easily...a lot of sh!t actually

Lowkey18 said:
AMEN.....

i would actually do this... lil outlandish but i would do it

McNabb
Albert
our 1st Rounder (top 6 probably)
2012 3rd and 4th

for

Panthers 1st Overall Pick (Andrew Luck)

we keep all of our picks this year that we have and get a future QB that Mike and Kyle want to Groom...

Sign Davin (this probably will happen because Bruce Drafted him in TB)
Sign Kalil (doubt it but id love it)
Sign Soliai (could happen)
If you want this to happen...you'll probably have to give up your 2012 1st rounder too
 7 years ago '05        #117
arabofthechi 8 heat pts
space
space
$838 | Props total: 0 0
Both went to a super bowl both winning % are similar. One wasnt throwing up in the huddle and the other has no fear no matter how bad he's playing.
 12-17-2010, 07:26 PM         #118
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Smoke500 said:

Both of these would make some sense

37 sacks, 88 Qb hits when McNabb was QB. The good news is though that the O-line has looked a lil better, and Rex hasn't been tormented all season with that line

People do forget easily...a lot of sh!t actually

If you want this to happen...you'll probably have to give up your 2012 1st rounder too

id give up the next year 2nd and 4th...
 7 years ago '04        #119
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
this n*gga lowkey be thinking other teams are stupid or something...he be having some of the dumbest trade ideas I've ever seen
 12-17-2010, 07:33 PM         #120
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
its not a matter of people forgetting homie, its a matter of it not being 2005
donovan is old and has alotta wear and tear thanks to reid dropping him back 45 times a game and him taking all those hits like vick is taking now...egale fans act like mike is the second coming when donovan had this same winning record damn near every year
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy