Square Enix to File For Bankruptcy? Earnings Down 91%, Final Fantasy XIV to Blame

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
60 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '04        #61
mista_millz 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,744 | Props total: 1275 1275
 SuppaSlick said:
Once you said Xbot I just tuned out. I'm not into fanboy wars. Going multiplat has nothing to do with Sqeenix failing. All these games they released on 360 wouldn't have sold any better on PS3, Xbox players buy more games even with rampant pirating. FF13 did sell more on PS3 but that is because people wit both systems for once opted to the PS3 because it wasnt simply a port.

The Last Hope, Last remnant, Infinite Undiscovery were not great games. The Last Hope was okay, the rest were not that good. Square needs to make great games and the sales will follow.

I don't know if you noticed but JRPG's don't sell well on consoles anymore.
because there are none.

they need to make those games semi online or something
 7 years ago '10        #62
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
How is Square Enix going to respond to this fail? By making a remake of a remake that was remade 3x before. I can almost hear the weeaboos creating excuses for this catastrophe
 7 years ago '10        #63
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
 mrjam7 said:
just wanted to say final fantasy tactics for the ps1 was the best ff game square ever did

Congratulations, you've earned rep for that

And to those who liked FF13, let me ask you how? Seriously, why play a game that wants little to nothing to do with you as possible? Anytime an RPG gives you the option of Auto-Battle, is automatic fail to astronomical levels. The characters are the most dull and foolish throughout the FF franchise, with some serious stereotypical BS. Seriously, Sach looks like Mike Epps with a bush and his... Daughter/son look like Gary Coleman, and this is acceptable?

The story is like an ant pushing a brick across the desert and anytime you have to put in 20+ hours just to make a game tolerable, you f**ked up big time. This game is so boring and half a.ssed, that if you suffered from insomnia and you watched someone play this for 5 minutes, you'll actually would know what sleep feels like.

Personally, this was coming, and when the reviews came out, all Square Enix said was, "well we can't please them all."

So yeah, I'm not buying anything Square Enix related until they fix the bulls**t
 7 years ago '04        #64
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,046 | Props total: 9 9
So its pretty safe to say no exclusives since they need all the money they can get.
 7 years ago '05        #65
kaseemromani 41 heat pts41
space
space
$2,735 | Props total: 246 246
 ThaReapa420 said:
FF13 was the first FF I quit on as well...I keep tryna go back and play it but the battles are so f**kin boring it isn't even funny.

All you lames askin for an FF7 reboot should k!ll yourselves asap...the game doesn't need to be remade you can hop on PSN get it for 10 bucks and play it through now.

KH3 or a new Chrono game would be BEYOND dope and both will be first day buy's for me.

New Star Ocean game with the EXACT format of SO:2 would help...I love SO:TLHI though

New Sword of Mana game would be so much win my PS3 would explode.

But all in all where Squenix f**ked up most at is by forsaking Playstation loyalists to try and bank off X360. Last Remnant woulda been CLASSIC on PS3 cuz the slowdown problems during battles would've been nonexistent. SO:TLHI would've been better as a PS3 exclusive or even if they just got it at the same time as the XBots did. Waiting a year for a game you could've played and beaten on a different console already is never a good way to make money on a different console.

Oh and a REAL DQ game on a next gen console would be a major help as well...keep the DQ: Monsters and all that on handhelds but DQX needs to be on PS3/XBox
you do know dragon quest X has been announced for the wii right?

[pic - click to view]

also lol@u guys square is still posting a profit unlike most western 3rd parties so gtfoh with this filing for bankruptcy talk

Last edited by kaseemromani; 12-23-2010 at 08:10 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #66
kaydigi 
space
space
space
$161 | Props total: 3 3
People are dying for FF7 to be remade, just do it already. More real sequels to main FF games, people would probably k!ll for VI part 2.
 7 years ago '04        #67
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Stop making all these trash games like Star Ocean, The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery. Don't make FFXIII the biggest disappointment ever in the series. That might be the only FF that makes me cringe at the thought of playing it again.

They haven't been right since the Enix merge IMO. Give us the FFVII remake, smarten up and make a real FF again and not some linear on rails hold your hand through the game RPG. By the time it opened up in the end the quests became annoying travelling around the planet only for the sake of getting achievements.

They did this to themselves thinking people would continue to purchase anything they put out. I'd rather go back and play Brave Fencer Musashi than anything they've put on this generation tbh.
 7 years ago '04        #68
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Yeah you guys brought me back with some of your mentions. Kingdom Hearts (never played part two), Secret of Mana, Vagrant Story (not sure how many people enjoyed this), Final Fantasy IV / VI (I think IV was slept on), Super Mario RPG (tell me this wasn't fun).

Chrono Trigger and XENOGEARS are two of the best games I've ever played, period. Xenogears is probably my favorite RPG of all time. I could pick that up and play it again any time.

Final Fantasy started losing me when they put in all the side bonus card games. I swear I have OCD and have to complete every single facet of an RPG.

Anybody played Resonance of Fate? That game has always enticed me but the battle system looks wild suspect.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy