Square Enix to File For Bankruptcy? Earnings Down 91%, Final Fantasy XIV to Blame

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
dblock278 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 7 7
 Khazano said:
Cant say Im suprised... There hasnt been a good FF game since IX...

Man I miss Squaresoft of the 90s...
I liked 12, goofy characters though.
 7 years ago '06        #42
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,486 | Props total: 735 735
the FF7 series(original and crisis core) convinced me to buy FF13, of course i waited until that sht was mad cheap(14 dollars) to buy it...story line is boring as fuk
 7 years ago '05        #43
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,980 | Props total: 3261 3261
All they have to do is make the third installment in the Chrono series already.
 7 years ago '05        #44
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
Yup, didnt even finish FF13 and i play some wack a.ss rpgs sometimes, s**t i think i enjoyed white knight chronicals more than i did FF13, waaay to linear, it had beautiful graphics to, could of been epic if they gave it some kind of heart, but there was nothing to it....
 7 years ago '04        #45
mrjam7 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 312 312
just wanted to say final fantasy tactics for the ps1 was the best ff game square ever did
 12-19-2010, 12:40 PM         #46
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blood Edge said:
it's because all their good employees left to make this game

[pic - click to view]

if u hav a 360, play it ASAP...it's a classic throwback RPG
took me forever and a day to beat that s**t..long as f**k

:cool-smiley-009: classic game duude
 7 years ago '06        #47
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,891 | Props total: 462 462
 Metalzoa said:
amen to that

i cant remember a final fantasy game i enjoyed. linear a.ss pieces of s**t.
My dude, have you ever played a Final Fantasy game? The only one that is linear is 13. And f**k the haters 13 is dope.
 7 years ago '07        #48
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 395 395
how are the mighty has fallen, talk about lack of creativity

i wish Enix was still a stand alone company, every since they got taken over by sqauresoft, s**ts just been down hill.

ps1>>>
 7 years ago '06        #49
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,891 | Props total: 462 462
The company as a whole was better when it was Squaresoft. But they still make quality games just not as good.
 12-19-2010, 06:09 PM         #50
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DEE JAY said:
Also a FF7 remake.
indeed, i have no clue why this hasnt happend.
 7 years ago '07        #51
Change167 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$404 | Props total: 2 2
Meh, was never into FF games, so IDC much @ all so eff Square Enix except for that game Chrono Trigger that was on SNES...s**t was crack when i was a young bull..:cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009:
 12-20-2010, 06:36 AM         #52
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Triple0 said:
My dude, have you ever played a Final Fantasy game? The only one that is linear is 13. And f**k the haters 13 is dope.
Played a few and never finished any. Boredom got me.

Im an online player.. story mode never gets played.
 7 years ago '04        #53
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,342 | Props total: 2767 2767
 ThaReapa420 said:
FF13 was the first FF I quit on as well...I keep tryna go back and play it but the battles are so f**kin boring it isn't even funny.

All you lames askin for an FF7 reboot should k!ll yourselves asap...the game doesn't need to be remade you can hop on PSN get it for 10 bucks and play it through now.

KH3 or a new Chrono game would be BEYOND dope and both will be first day buy's for me.

New Star Ocean game with the EXACT format of SO:2 would help...I love SO:TLHI though

New Sword of Mana game would be so much win my PS3 would explode.

But all in all where Squenix f**ked up most at is by forsaking Playstation loyalists to try and bank off X360. Last Remnant woulda been CLASSIC on PS3 cuz the slowdown problems during battles would've been nonexistent. SO:TLHI would've been better as a PS3 exclusive or even if they just got it at the same time as the XBots did. Waiting a year for a game you could've played and beaten on a different console already is never a good way to make money on a different console.

Oh and a REAL DQ game on a next gen console would be a major help as well...keep the DQ: Monsters and all that on handhelds but DQX needs to be on PS3/XBox

LMAO you mad because you only have a PS3 and the 360 has far better JRPG than the PS3 this gen.

Thank god i owned both so i can get great games from both system.

Tell me how Last Remnant woulda been a classic on PS3.

Really what f**ked Square over is their lack of innovation and their whole budget are in Final Fantasy, Kingdom heart, and Dragon Quest and their whole f**k up with final fantasy 14.
 7 years ago '05        #54
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 11 11
good that last final fantasy was crap & i bought a ps3 just for that game.
 7 years ago '06        #55
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
I'm in the minority.I like FF 13
 7 years ago '04        #56
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,380 | Props total: 88 88
 mrjam7 said:
just wanted to say final fantasy tactics for the ps1 was the best ff game square ever did

yess muthaf**kin +1
 7 years ago '06        #57
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1187 1187
 ThaReapa420 said:
FF13 was the first FF I quit on as well...I keep tryna go back and play it but the battles are so f**kin boring it isn't even funny.

All you lames askin for an FF7 reboot should k!ll yourselves asap...the game doesn't need to be remade you can hop on PSN get it for 10 bucks and play it through now.

KH3 or a new Chrono game would be BEYOND dope and both will be first day buy's for me.

New Star Ocean game with the EXACT format of SO:2 would help...I love SO:TLHI though

New Sword of Mana game would be so much win my PS3 would explode.

But all in all where Squenix f**ked up most at is by forsaking Playstation loyalists to try and bank off X360. Last Remnant woulda been CLASSIC on PS3 cuz the slowdown problems during battles would've been nonexistent. SO:TLHI would've been better as a PS3 exclusive or even if they just got it at the same time as the XBots did. Waiting a year for a game you could've played and beaten on a different console already is never a good way to make money on a different console.

Oh and a REAL DQ game on a next gen console would be a major help as well...keep the DQ: Monsters and all that on handhelds but DQX needs to be on PS3/XBox

Once you said Xbot I just tuned out. I'm not into fanboy wars. Going multiplat has nothing to do with Sqeenix failing. All these games they released on 360 wouldn't have sold any better on PS3, Xbox players buy more games even with rampant pirating. FF13 did sell more on PS3 but that is because people wit both systems for once opted to the PS3 because it wasnt simply a port.

The Last Hope, Last remnant, Infinite Undiscovery were not great games. The Last Hope was okay, the rest were not that good. Square needs to make great games and the sales will follow.

I don't know if you noticed but JRPG's don't sell well on consoles anymore.
 7 years ago '05        #58
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,730 | Props total: 2219 2219
Its their own fault. If they gave people what they wanted they wouldnt have this problem. we dont need any new final fantasy games, been playing them s**ts since regular 8 bit nintendo, the best ones imo were III, VII, X, and tactics. The rest of them was average at best. If they remade VII like we saw in that ps3 demo they would bank heavy. Sequels or remakes of the mana series on snes, Illusion of Gaia etc. And all them hot square games we had on ps1-ps2 like einhander, kingdom hearts etc. If they dont do what they need to do and still keep on with the bs they wont be a company anymore, nobody checkin for they new s**t like that. Its wack now.
 7 years ago '04        #59
gshag33 36 heat pts36
space
space
$13,665 | Props total: 4198 4198
just cause 2 is one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life.

i hope this doesn't mean no just cause 3
 12-22-2010, 04:26 AM         #60
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did Birth By Sleep flop in the states? I don't see any sales figures on it. I thought that would be a good holdover for SquareEnix.

I've never been a fan of their gameplay, but the graphics and music were always top notch and I always looked forward to a release. I still listen to the Kingdom Hearts 2 soundtrack. I just hate RPGs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago