J. Cole Reveals Roc Nation Debut Frustrations, "I Thought My Album Would've Been Out Around Now"

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #121
renothebest 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 0 0
lol yo it seems like jayz dont even like his music that much... seems like he doesn't really f**k with him...just signed him cus he didnt get drake. I don't know...obviously jay knows hes talented with his lyrics but he just seems like he dont' care about him right now.
 7 years ago '07        #122
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
I think that J. Cole may be too "realistic" to win over fans who love to d!ckride by living bicuriously through artists. Look at how many of the successful artists you see are stylistically exaggerated by the machine or are on the more eccentric side. J. Cole appeals to a distinct indie crowd. The trick with him is to drop one or two more hits to lure the more casual rap listeners into buying his album.
 7 years ago '10        #123
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 AbsLikeJesus said:
4,000...but it sold out in a week and 2-ish days. Pretty beastly
So he probably could sell out 10k a couple weeks.
 12-17-2010, 04:15 PM         #124
jwsincla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cole album will be str8 heat
 7 years ago '10        #125
gmurphy78 
space
space
space
$34 | Props total: 0 0
 primetimemookie said:
i am almost sure i would bet willow's cd sells more than j.cole. boxden is probably going to get pissy over that statement but its true and its business.
i agree guy its sad what they doing to hip hop today
 7 years ago '09        #126
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,914 | Props total: 1669 1669
Jay-Z about to do this boy dirty lol, I called it just wait....
 7 years ago '10        #127
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
 MichaelKnight said:
He should get with BluRoc, DD172 instead....
Dame won......
This gonna be like when Spitta was with YM and his s**t kept gettin pushed back & eventually never released an album n left lol
 7 years ago '07        #128
Seb.201 
space
space
$387 | Props total: 12 12
J Cole also produces well so he's more of a complete artist. He needs to go into the studio and just keep putting out tracks taking advantage of that studio time and its true make all the connects that he can. Patience is a virtue he should just tour get that merchandise money sell his mixtapes at his shows and stack that paper and invest wisely so he don't wind up like Lil Scrappy.
 7 years ago '10        #129
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
 Seb.201 said:
J Cole also produces well so he's more of a complete artist. He needs to go into the studio and just keep putting out tracks taking advantage of that studio time and its true make all the connects that he can. Patience is a virtue he should just tour get that merchandise money sell his mixtapes at his shows and stack that paper and invest wisely so he don't wind up like Lil Scrappy.
label get a piece of that too, he's in a 360 deal.
 7 years ago '06        #130
Affectz 132 heat pts132
space
space
$8,224 | Props total: 4535 4535
 J Rob said:
This generation is just too used to seeing artists blow up overnight....J. Cole situation is very similar to the way it was in the early/mid 90s. It took Nas 3 years to release an album and 5 years to go mainstream....it took Common 8 years after his first album to go mainstream. Cole is pretty much in the same boat....I doubt he'll go mainstream, but he'll have a very loyal fanbase...which is much better in the long run (unless you become a superstar, which doesn't happen very often anyway)

Anyway, whatever happened to discussing MUSIC? I honestly don't give two f**ks if he ever puts an album out, let alone how much that album would sell. As long as he puts out quality music, why should we care about anything else?
cuz cole wants to be mainstream and we want whats best for cole
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
86 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy