J. Cole Reveals Roc Nation Debut Frustrations, "I Thought My Album Would've Been Out Around Now"

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
2 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #61
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,186 | Props total: 7363 7363
Cole = next Joe Budden

it doesn't help his first mixtape was with DJ On point now he's signed to Jay
 7 years ago '10        #62
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 80sbabyent said:
I think its a smart move for Jay and Roc Nation, Wiz was in a similar situation when he first came out with say yea, now look at him after he took a year or two to build a solid brand that would work. Jay is to smart not to let somebody like Cole debut half-cocked, weather he thinks he is ready or not. Patience always wins, especially when you have talent like J Cole.

Took Tip 3 years and 2 Albums and 3 Mixtapes, Took Wayne a couple years and a lot of mixtapes, It took So Far Gone damn near a year to catch a significant buzz. Patience is KING

Sounds like Cole is eager to go the Memph Bleek route, and it sounds like everybody up here wants Jay to push him like he did Bleek, which is crazy to me because we all know how that turned out.
Only a few people got sense, he is being developed properly, it used to be a thing called A&R, where an artist would be developed and taught how to write songs, and brought along on the road with established artist etc..etc. nowadays majors want a guy who's ready to sell or has an organic buzz. Cole went from a unknown in March of 09

to this

[video - click to view]

thats his show. He's not an opening act, there are at least 10k people there. He just has to remain patient and continue being an organic following through live shows these people will buy his album, continue the plan, and don't get caught up by your peers breaking through. It took Snoop grinding from 1991-1993, Nas caught fire in 91 and didn't drop until 94, It took Jay what years before he broke through, 50 grinded for a couple years, Wayne, this isn't overnight. I say he's at least another year away from dropping an album, and one more mixtape...he needs to sit back and have patience.
 7 years ago '10        #63
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
man cole shuda stayed indy or atleast use this time money n exposure to build a brand leave roc nation when he's done stack bread....he need a way to travel n record this dude got sumthn to say

i hate jay got him tho but to me cole is like a nas type of rapper dat boy get deep n his punchlines ill too

he really dnt need roc nation i wud part with them do my solo s**t cuz yo name already out their the longer u wait on a label the longer u gon be on the shelf

cole if u reading this get ur recording gear up bruh n go in f**k ah n*gga not puttin out yo album

put dat b**ch out indy print up sum copies n sale them urself hed do sum numbers like that

thats all currensy has been doing his whole career

jay still tryin to be hot n rap

i figured out why wale left....that label isnt catered to hiphop artist as it seems....a lot of other markets on their that will have a bigger buzz n sale wise then cole n wale
 7 years ago '10        #64
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
 GUNITZCAPO said:
man cole shuda stayed indy or atleast use this time money n exposure to build a brand leave roc nation when he's done stack bread....he need a way to travel n record this dude got sumthn to say

i hate jay got him tho but to me cole is like a nas type of rapper dat boy get deep n his punchlines ill too

he really dnt need roc nation i wud part with them do my solo s**t cuz yo name already out their the longer u wait on a label the longer u gon be on the shelf

cole if u reading this get ur recording gear up bruh n go in f**k ah n*gga not puttin out yo album

put dat b**ch out indy print up sum copies n sale them urself hed do sum numbers like that

i figured out why wale left....that label isnt catered to hiphop artist as it seems....a lot of other markets on their that will have a bigger buzz n sale wise then cole n wale
 12-16-2010, 02:00 PM         #65
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If he was as s3xy as Willow, it probably would be too.
 7 years ago '10        #66
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
noe of those rappers u guys have named where brought into the game like cole was they all started grinding on they own...like cole did but when they got signed they all dropped albums....fif didnt cuz he got shot...erbody else did...wayne was so yung he jus wrote cuz artist were their already

cole had a buzz befo signin to roc nation n he had mixtapes out befo roc nation so he ha been grinding....he met jay like a few times too prior being signed

cole not flashy or nun of that dude has his own lane

jay didnt wanna take a L by puttin a album out with drake ross kanye banks nicki n whoever else....but i say throw him in the fire cuz he can go

it couldve been his time this year he just didnt get treatment like drake got from his label

one thang bout cmr dey let u be u n if u hot dey gone ride u.....jae millz will never drop tho lol nah ion kno im messin
 7 years ago '04        #67
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,175 | Props total: 891 891
 ChickzNKickz said:
Friday Night Lights is the Mixtape of the year so far...

Def wanna hear his debut...

I liked FNL but i thought More about Nothin was better.....

I also think if dude is just patient he'll blow

Look how Kanye did...Jay kept him on the backburner for a minute

but when it was his time to shine....dude dropped 4 solid albums and 1 emotional rant...but he's still someone who has had an imprint on the game.

and he kept most of his following from the pre college dropout era
 7 years ago '04        #68
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
I thought he was ready to blow after that verse on Wale's album

enough n*ggas ain't hear that s**t because Wale ain't really do numbers
 12-16-2010, 02:10 PM         #69
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
J. Cole will have numerous diss tracks out towards camel by this time next year...quote me

I NEVER heard Who Dat on the radio outside of mix shows and only saw the video once There is a reason why Wale is managed by Roc Nation but not signed to them, there is also a reason why he already has an album out

Last edited by Krazy K; 12-16-2010 at 02:15 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #70
Affectz 132 heat pts132
space
space
$8,225 | Props total: 4557 4557
 GUNITZCAPO said:

J.cole would never go indie,if it wasnt for roc nation he wouldnt be as famous as he is now, hes gonna do the right thing and stay loyal,what cole needs to do is make hits ,thats what he wants,he doesnt wanna be indie,he wants to be mainstream obviously
 7 years ago '10        #71
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
 Krazy K said:
J. Cole will have numerous diss tracks out towards camel by this time next year...quote me

There is a reason why Wale is managed by Roc Nation but not signed to them, there is also a reason why he already has an album out
there is also a reason why it flopped.
 7 years ago '06        #72
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3537 3537
I been tellin' y'all since 2009 that J. Cole isn't dropping til 2012...this isn't news to me.
 7 years ago '04        #73
JHOVA6178 
space
space
$856 | Props total: 0 0
come on j.cole is hot but if he come out with a album now it will flop hard body... no question..
 7 years ago '05        #74
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
If ROC Nation is the Lakers, then J.Cole is Adam Morrison.
But Adam Morrison isn't a Laker
 12-16-2010, 02:29 PM         #75
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hustlershope84 said:
there is also a reason why it flopped.
Let's been real, Cole will not do numbers regardless. Good music rarely sells now by new cats...Drake was the last hot shot debut but alot of yall don't consider him "good"
 7 years ago '10        #76
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
 Krazy K said:
Let's been real, Cole will not do numbers regardless. Good music rarely sells now by new cats...Drake was the last hot shot debut but alot of yall don't consider him "good"

[video - click to view]

Cats gon be real suprised like damn Cole did way better than I thought, I thought he'd flop, the album bought some copies, I don't know who bumps J.cole..you know the standard excuses. Artist and Development its time to get back to the basics.
 12-16-2010, 02:53 PM         #77
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How cole can't get an album out but this n*gga
[pic - click to view]

eating
 12-16-2010, 02:56 PM         #78
truthfulness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
How cole can't get an album out but this n*gga
[pic - click to view]

eating
cause

kanye>>>jigga
 12-16-2010, 03:20 PM         #79
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 truthfulness said:
cause

kanye>>>jigga
Even if you believe that theres no excuse for this n*gga
[pic - click to view]

eating and cole getting shelved If people buying cudi what about a nigg wit actual skill?
 7 years ago '07        #80
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,627 | Props total: 2472 2472
 big blak afrika said:
Even if you believe that theres no excuse for this n*gga
[pic - click to view]

eating and cole getting shelved If people buying cudi what about a nigg wit actual skill?
that gif is priceless..but real s**t there's a whole bunch of salty a.ss doubters in here..I GURANTEE YOU n*ggaZ J COLE WILL SELL..and sell big at that..his fan base is huge and growing..he's a marketable artist with substance in his raps..he's a dope a.ss overall artist..if i had to compare him to a similar artist out now i'd have to say he reminds me of lupe fiasco..dope as f**k, can make tracks with substance in it that still have that mainstream appeal..like lupe he will enjoy mainstream success also, although limited..because let's be honest even though their music is the definition of GREAT HIP HOP..great hiip hop artist no longer sell these days, sadly ..EVERYONE WATCH though J COLE IS NEXT UP..there's no denying that..i gurantee that s**t
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy