Waka Flocka Flame On Lyricism: "I'm Not In The Booth Trying To Goddamn Rap Big Words"

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #81
cjstewar8 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 558 558
 Megastorm said:
Exactly. Everyone is not a Rakim wannabe nor a NY wannabe.
cosign. lol dude is playing to his strengths, which are making club bangers and hood music. he's still relevant right now so he's gotta be doing something right. if the rest y'all don't like the dude then don't enter the thread or comment on what he's doing. keep it moving

and as for the dudes disagreeing with what i was saying...i don't condone not going to college and furthering your education. really, i have no sympathy for people like him who'd rather be robbing and shooting mf'ers than getting a degree and or starting a career
 7 years ago '05        #82
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1488 1488
 cjstewar8 said:

and as for the dudes disagreeing with what i was saying...i don't condone not going to college and furthering your education. really, i have no sympathy for people like him who'd rather be robbing and shooting mf'ers than getting a degree and or starting a career
everybody dont earn a scholar ship..everybody doesnt have parents to push them through college. I went to a school were we had to share books but down the street they was f**king good. Im in college but alot of my peoples not..college isnt for everybody what if a person decides to go to the military they dont have a degree..u cant say u dont condone not going to college for some people its not even an option

but other than that i agree wit u all the way
 7 years ago '10        #83
Megastorm 42 heat pts42
space
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 1246 1246
 bigree61 said:
if he was white people woulndt say s**t
Exactly. That's whatso sad about hip hop. It's community filled with hate.

White ppl get to be who the wanna be, but if you're black u gotta worry bout some Psuedo-intellectual/NOI/NGE influenced mothafucca bringin u down every chance they get. The s**t is sickening.

I don't listen to Waka outside of his singles, but I wish him the best. I'm always down with anyone thats getting unfair treatment. I hope he stays on top for as long as he wants.
 7 years ago '06        #84
taboo1169 
space
space
$1,450 | Props total: 0 0
See the first thing we have to realize is that being lyrical doesnt mean you are rapping words out of a dictionary.... being lyrical is more than just the use of big words..... Its a mental thing, and that part of the music is whats missing... See dont be misled to think that being lyrical means rhyming big words, its more about being clever and witty, and thats a sign of a certain level of intelligence... Speaking big words, and you dont even use them everyday is true, but you should use your mind everyday.... You know, I know money makes the world go round and all that good stuff, but at the end of the day when you can't take that money with you what are people going to remember you for? Pac and Biggie.... I mean prime example... Juicy... Big was spitting.... on some lyrical... Having fun type stuff... but he was lyrical he was putting thoughts and words together painting you a mental picture... These new niccas is horrible... Cole World!
 12-15-2010, 09:09 PM         #85
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
more like, overstating intelligence is valued in this world.

Too many people swear they're conscious, and intelligent, yet recycle the same a.ss topics, concepts, and ideas as the last. I applaud for being more aware than most, but recycling good ideas are what smart people do, intelligent people make their own. I'm glad Waka isn't trying to "Goddamn rap big words," too many are doing it, and fail miserably.

Conscious and lyrical music, is no more bulls**t than mainstream.
this man is always dropping gems
 7 years ago '07        #86
rkelley6045 1 heat pts
space
space
$416 | Props total: 0 0
The point is that humanity should be striving to better themselves and not being content with the situation at hand. Waka should try and better his music by expanding lyrically. I think his music sucks but thats my opinion. People obviously like it so he is doing something right. I'm not hating on his hustle I just think there is always room for improvement. Now I digress to educate yall......... RON PAUL 2012 President! smarten up people Federal deficit means terrible life for youre kids! We gotta be belichicky and plan ahead now.
 7 years ago '10        #87
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
this clown dont make good music he need to step off and get bullied and dissed the f**k up or somethin
 7 years ago '06        #88
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
n*ggas are f**king stupid I swear to god.
 7 years ago '08        #89
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 649 649
boxden good
 7 years ago '06        #90
j-gip 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,330 | Props total: 573 573
Waka is just a reflection of the new generation of kids that live in this "dumb down" nation. I really don't blame him. He picked the only career path (other than Basketball) that he could really excel in giving his educational background. His blatant ignorance in his lyrics is just a reflection of how he acts in "real life". What other career path is there for a high school dropout?
 12-16-2010, 11:03 PM         #91
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TBX said:
The writer lost Waka in the first sentence.

Probably can't understand his contract either.
 7 years ago '05        #92
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,956 | Props total: 10875 10875
 taboo1169 said:
See the first thing we have to realize is that being lyrical doesnt mean you are rapping words out of a dictionary.... being lyrical is more than just the use of big words..... Its a mental thing, and that part of the music is whats missing... See dont be misled to think that being lyrical means rhyming big words, its more about being clever and witty, and thats a sign of a certain level of intelligence... Speaking big words, and you dont even use them everyday is true, but you should use your mind everyday.... You know, I know money makes the world go round and all that good stuff, but at the end of the day when you can't take that money with you what are people going to remember you for? Pac and Biggie.... I mean prime example... Juicy... Big was spitting.... on some lyrical... Having fun type stuff... but he was lyrical he was putting thoughts and words together painting you a mental picture... These new niccas is horrible... Cole World!
I 100% agree. You don't have to use big intelligent words to be lyrical. Being lyrical is all about being creative, artful, poetic, and innovative. You can use simple easy common everyday words and be lyrical. Tupac was a perfect example, and so was Kanye West's College Dropout and Late Registration days as well.

EDIT: Lupe Fiasco is good, but he is an example of trying too hard to be lyrical and rap super big a.ss words when he really doesn't need to. And then he gets mad when labels tell him to dumb it down. Nobody is saying dumb down your music in to rappin about bulls**t. Just simplify your vocabulary and words and make your concepts and subjects easier to understand at 1st listen. All that goin over people's heads s**t bores them and turns them off.

Last edited by Sivraj; 12-17-2010 at 01:23 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #93
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,348 | Props total: 2063 2063
 TBX said:
The writer lost Waka in the first sentence.

Probably can't understand his contract either.
most people dont. thats why we hire lawyers
 12-17-2010, 04:13 AM         #94
sirnel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
waka is not lyrical, obviously.. nor is he a good rapper..

but understand this.. HE DOESN'T MAKE MUSIC.

his producers make sick beats, he says some dumb s**t into the mic, and they throw it together.. he's just some random f**k with an image that can sell this s**t to all the people who want to buy into the dream that anyone can become a millionaire and successful in america by being a hood a.ss rapper.. kids in the cities eat it up, as do white kids in the suburbs.. and apparently ya'll on here..

and that's the f**king problem. how many successful s**tty rappers are there (waka, gucci, soulja?) how many rappers who can at least rhyme words other than "n*gga" with "n*gga"? that'd be the rest of the new rappers... cudi, drake, wale, wiz khalifa, currensy.. look at the most successful rappers, all amazing lyricists, and none mentally challenged either.. whether its eminem, jay-z, 50, yeezy, weezy, whoever..

this image of being stupid and yet successful is something that's wrong with our whole damn country, and waka is just a symbol of that.. and that's why i can't stand him. well that and cuz he can't rap for s**t, and i actually enjoy real hip-hop. bring on the hate.
 7 years ago '06        #95
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,961 | Props total: 13581 13581
 Nawf' pid='247247' dateline='1292437819 said:
:ya::ya::ya:

Not every type of music needs to be on some lyrical type s**t. That would get old. Twista said how I feel. You don't listen to Waka, Gucci or anyone like that for lyrics. Every music has it's place and niche.

Waka's music is on some street, really ignorant, wilding out s**t. :bravo:
 12-17-2010, 04:18 AM         #96
sirnel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
proof.. anyone can sound good with solid production. and ALSO you can have a really low IQ but still not be ignorant about it. 50 tyson >>>>> waka

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #97
GST 
space
space
$14,834 | Props total: 2407 2407
who the f**k is talking bout big words? just rap with some cotdamn sense..if your vocabulary is limited n*gga just say that
 12-17-2010, 06:42 AM         #98
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 theoriginaljay said:
Being intelligent in this world is undervalued
It's like a crime... n*ggas be 30 years old still talking about rappers street cred tho..
 12-17-2010, 06:47 AM         #99
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I respect Waka for rising up and living his dream but this is ridiculous. He makes it sound like the rappers have a dictionary beside their studio. Lool maybe they do, but they at least understand some of the words they spitten out. This guy is Very far behind in his studies and probably never even finished middle school. Though he is an iddiot I give the n*gga props for mAking it big with such little intelligence.
 12-17-2010, 07:42 AM         #100
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggie, Redman, and little brother never used big words from what I remember.

I got seven Mac-11's, about eight, .38's
Nine 9's, ten Mac-10's, the s**ts never end
You can't touch my riches
Even if you had MC Hammer and them 357 b**ches
Biggie Smalls, the millionaire, the mansion, the yacht
The two weed spots, the two hot glocks
HAH, that's how I got the weed spot
I shot dread in the head, took the bread and the landspread
Lil' Gotti got the shotty to your body
So don't resist, or you might miss Christmas
I tote guns, I make number runs
I give emcees the runs drippin;
when I throw my clip in the A.K., I slay from far away
Everybody hit the D-E-C-K
My slow flows remarkable

Peace to Matteo
Now we smoke weed like Tony Montana sniff the yayo

That's crazy blunts, mad L's
My voice excels from the avenue to jailcells
Oh my God I'm droppin s**t like a pigeon
I hope you're listenin, smackin babies at they christening
So you better grab your pistol
cause if you sit still, I'm gonna make your f**kin s**t spill
And I'm talkin bout buckets, why did I have to do it?
Sadat said f**k it, you got a gun, n*gga bust it
Cause I got mo' shots to pop-ya
Big Pop-pa, breakin you off somethin proper
Signin off is the hardcore rap singer
a.k.a. crack slinger, bring it anytime n*gga

Notorius B.I.G.

Doesn't sound too hard to me. Waka you're just an idiot justifying your ignorance.

Last edited by Old Man Quillis; 12-17-2010 at 07:44 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago