Waka Flocka Flame On Lyricism: "I'm Not In The Booth Trying To Goddamn Rap Big Words"

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #61
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
 thatruest said:
Because this certain division of rap is aimed for radio/club play. Kids aren't focused on "oh, that dude's smart" or "damn, that b**ch is intelligent" when they're bumping music en route to a party or at a club. At least not the vast majority of them. I listen to what I like which is what we should all do. If kids wanted better music they'd seek it out. They just want something that is uptempo so they could feed off of the positive energy.

I think you misinterprete what I was saying, I'm not saying, cut it off completely because that's just selfish and foolish. Music is a reflection of self in terms of the soul, I'm just saying when people promote the ignorant like an idol then that's a huge issue. If kids do it, ok they're young, it happens. But when a grown a.ss man is worshiping it like a God and many other adults too and show hatred to those who disagree with them, then yes, that's problematic AND pathetic
 7 years ago '10        #62
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,433 | Props total: 6251 6251
smh@thinkin using big words is being lyrical
 7 years ago '04        #63
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
 popsjenkins said:
You don't need words to be lyrical. Ghostface will never sound like Canibus, but I consider him to be a lyrical MC.
Ill interject and add that you dont need BIG words to be lyrical. Its not so much what you said but how you say it.

Of course kids these days dont understand that s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #64
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
The only reason I think this is fair is because I've never considered wacka and...lets say talib kweli in the same genre. No disrespect to anyone but I've just considered peeps like wacka,soulja boy, and the rest of them hip hop for those who are not interested in "substance rap". That doesn't make conscience rap better because thinking a type of music sucks is just your opinion. I rather listen to hip hop in full sentences. I compare the difference to grunge rock to rock n roll, its not the same. So anybody thats born before '88 just let these young bloods enjoy there music the same way when I was a teenager and all the old folk laugh at me for listening to a song called bling bling.

Last edited by jasonrcruz; 12-15-2010 at 07:28 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #65
thugworldorder 
space
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 20 20
 jasonrcruz said:
The only reason I think this is fair is because I've never considered wacka and...lets say talib kweli in the same genre. No disrespect to anyone but I've just considered peeps like wacka,soulja boy, and the rest of them hip hop for those who are not interested in "substance rap". That doesn't make conscience rap better because thinking a type of music sucks is just your opinion. I rather listen to hip hop in full sentences. I compare the difference to grunge rock to rock n roll, its not the same. So anybody thats born after '88 just let these young bloods enjoy there music the same way when I was a teenager and all the old folk laugh at me for listening to a song called bling bling.

[pic - click to view]

Bawse
 7 years ago '09        #66
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
lyricism good
 7 years ago '05        #67
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1487 1487
Why yall hatin on this man, his background maybe wasnt as prominent as yours he didnt come up in an area where education is always a priority. The fact is thats how some s**t is, why yall mad the n*gga doing his own thing the way he knows? Being lyrical isnt everything and it seems like n*ggas is mad that he realizes that, that he made it not being lyrical where some people view that as the main building block of music...its not music is pure entertainment. Thats what he delivers everybody not gonna speak right everybody grammar not gonna be 100% on point all the time, yall reading his words and applying them compared to your lives. Everybody dont think the same we just out here tryna make it anyway we can...as long as the n*gga can read n write what da f**k else he needs to do? The only reason n*ggas get a higher education is so u can get a great paying job..n*gga already got that
 12-15-2010, 06:17 PM         #68
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thatruest said:
There's ALWAYS this guy that ruins it for everybody. You live in a white man's country and b**ch? Lol. I'm hispanic but goddamn, know where you're living before you say some dumb s**t like that.
This country was built on native american land using black hispanic and asian labor.
 7 years ago '04        #69
xRipAnT24x 
space
space
$5,409 | Props total: 521 521
hahaha that s**t funny when people quick to judge OTHER people.. callin this n*gga stupid.. ignorant.. whatever else.. if this DUMB n*gga gettin all this money hes smarter than you think
 7 years ago '04        #70
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
Stupid boy.
 7 years ago '05        #71
GoDzSoN35 
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 0 0
 TBX said:
The writer lost Waka in the first sentence.
LMAO i thought i was the only one that caught that. After i read that first line i was like....

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by GoDzSoN35; 12-15-2010 at 08:05 PM..
 12-15-2010, 06:59 PM         #72
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thatruest said:
But yes at the moment this is a white man's country. Don't fool yourself, Kool-Aid.
This country was built on native american land using black hispanic and asian labor. You mean this post yea I dismissed it cause it says the same thing as the one before it.
[pic - click to view]

12-15-2010, 07:00 PM         #73
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xRipAnT24x said:
hahaha that s**t funny when people quick to judge OTHER people.. callin this n*gga stupid.. ignorant.. whatever else.. if this DUMB n*gga gettin all this money hes smarter than you think
so you think this dude come across as being intelligent? Just cause you get famous and get sum paper don't mean you smart.
 7 years ago '08        #74
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,543 | Props total: 17177 17177
Ghost Writers Lost
 7 years ago '10        #75
Megastorm 42 heat pts42
space
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 1246 1246
 cjstewar8 said:
i like what he's TRYING to say. why try to be somebody you're not?
Exactly. Everyone is not a Rakim wannabe nor a NY wannabe.
 12-15-2010, 07:19 PM         #76
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thatruest said:
At this moment, this is a white man's country. Good find.
The hispanics asians blacks native americans serving in this country's armed forces would like to sit down and have a word wit you.
 12-15-2010, 07:29 PM         #77
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So your four years are worth more than my sister's ten in the army she spent ten years f!ghting for this country and this isn't her country?

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by big blak afrika; 12-15-2010 at 08:32 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #78
xRipAnT24x 
space
space
$5,409 | Props total: 521 521
 antdog said:
so you think this dude come across as being intelligent? Just cause you get famous and get sum paper don't mean you smart.
yea i feel you.. just like if you dont use big words, doesnt make you stupid
 12-15-2010, 07:41 PM         #79
dizzydev513 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at the end of the day waka got rich being him self

just started rapping 2 yrs ago and has made millions

there are lyrical rappers that try hard to spit fire but get no where

why do ppl hate on waka when he made a way to get him and his family/friends out of the hood? think about it
 12-15-2010, 07:46 PM         #80
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thatruest said:
Who's making this a competition? This thread's not even about this s**t. I'm just saying this country depicts itself as a white country.
Oh that's what your saying I agree a majority of people believe this is a white man's country because a majority of people are white so they perceive it that way but perception does not always equal reality. As far as competition no it isn't a competition i'm saying when a black hispanic etc etc soldier is wounded in combat the pres before it was bush now obama shake their hand looks them in the eye and says you've been a service to your country.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
38 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
110 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
248 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy