Waka Flocka Flame On Lyricism: "I'm Not In The Booth Trying To Goddamn Rap Big Words"

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
70 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
7117 pageviews
131 comments

SM 38217 heat pts38217
space
space
$128,102 | Props total: 68209 68209
Waka Flocka Flame On Lyricism: "I'm Not In The Booth Trying To Goddamn Rap Big Words"

Southern rapper Waka Flocka Flame recently discussed his stance on lyrical dexterity, and said he still does not feel motivated to kick complex rhymes.

Flocka believes his love for music outweighs an urge to perfect his rhymes on records.

"I don't feel like I'm no lyricist. I'm not in the booth trying to godd*mn rap big words," Flocka explained in an interview. "I'm not tryin' to show off my intelligence. Anybody could memorize big words, put 'em together. I could do that. But if I don't use the words on an everyday basis, why use the words in my rap? I just like music. I'm a lover of making music. It could be a big record, small record--as long as I'm making songs. One day it'll pop; that's how I look at it. Yeah. What I did in one year--one year--a lot of people accomplish in 10 years. A lot of people don't like that. They feel I don't deserve what I got. I'm a hard-a** worker. And I'm here for a reason. This sh*t ain't luck. I don't believe in luck." (RESPECT)
Earlier this year, Flocka said he did not place a large emphasis on rap lyrics.

Waka Flocka phoned into Whoo Kid's show on Shade 45 yesterday (February 13) to talk about his music projects, visiting Gucci and being lyrically deficient. In fact, he says the most lyrical rappers are the ones that aren't making the most money. And for those who are wondering who penned Diddy's verse, Waka says it was Diddy himself. (Rap Radar)
A few months ago, SOHH talked to Twista about co-signing Flocka, and why he chose to feature him on his new album, The Perfect Storm.

"The connection with a Twista and Waka, people think lyrics," Twista told SOHH. "So they're thinking, 'How did he...?,' but the connection with me and Waka is the street vibe. Waka Flocka's vibe and the stuff he talks about reminds me of my hood, the city of Chicago. So my vibe with him is more so on a street level and I kind of vibe with him on a street level. I also understand we're in different times. I know if an artist picks up a pen and tries to write something, he's definitely trying to make something. So when I hear music, I feel like I can sometimes hear the artistry in music faster than other people. Some people have to wait for a song to blow up to realize an artist has potential, but when I hear him, I hear a hood n*gga having fun. [laughs] That's my whole vibe with it. That's my connection with him, I felt like I connected with him on that street level rather than his rhymes or whether he could rap. I pride myself in being able to make a song with anybody, so we got it in and did what we did." (SOHH)

Rapper Soulja Boy Tell Em recently explained why he also chose not to be to be "super lyrical".

"[XXL Magazine] didn't [publish] my whole statement. And basically, the interviewer dude, he was asking me why do I make lyrical songs like 'Only God Knows,' 'Born'... 'The World So Cold,' and why do I make non-lyrical songs like 'Crank That' and 'Pretty Boy Swag?' And he was like, why don't I just be lyrical all the time? And I was telling him on [a] specific song, like 'Pretty Boy Swag,' I ain't wanna be all lyrical. I just wanted to be straight-up, and just be simple, [so] people can get what I'm saying 'cause it's a club song. But I wasn't saying as far as my whole music [output, with] all of my songs, that I don't wanna be rappin' like Lupe Fiasco. And they took it the wrong way, or whatever, and they blew it up. But I don't even care, 'cause controversy sells. And when that hit, Lupe hit me up and he was like, 'Yo man, what's up?' I was like, 'Nah man, they just blew it outta proportion. I actually was giving you compliments.' And after that we chopped it up. We 'bout to do a song [together]." (Hip Hop DX)

[pic - click to view]

Waka Flocka Flame On Lyricism: "I'm Not In The Booth Trying To Godd*mn Rap Big Words" | SOHH.COM

131 comments for "Waka Flocka Flame On Lyricism: "I'm Not In The Booth Trying To Goddamn Rap Big Words""

12-15-2010, 11:07 AM         #2
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's right. At the end of the day, big words is just a facade to confuse the masses.
 12-15-2010, 11:09 AM         #3
WordisBond 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THey both garbage and could never be lyrical if they tried which IM sure they have tried
 7 years ago '09        #4
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,276 | Props total: 19433 19433
 theoriginaljay said:
Being intelligent in this world is undervalued
 7 years ago '07        #5
cjstewar8 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 558 558
i like what he's TRYING to say. why try to be somebody you're not?
 7 years ago '05        #6
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2181 2181
when the ignorant justify ignorance... everyone loses..

especially the ones who say.. "damn he's right"... cuz they following a dumb a.ss to the point of believing what they say actually makes sense...

its like he saying, i dont gotta be smart in my music.. cuz im not smart in real life..lol

well it aint about being smart in lyrics...its more about the real life.. at least TRY to get more intelligent instead of being content with being stupid..then your lyrics will improve at the same time..

Last edited by Gm0ney85; 12-15-2010 at 11:21 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #7
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
This n*gga is a joke
 12-15-2010, 11:20 AM         #8
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he dropped one hot a.ss album but this n*gga got alot of growing up to do
 7 years ago '08        #9
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
You don't need words to be lyrical. Ghostface will never sound like Canibus, but I consider him to be a lyrical MC.
 7 years ago '04        #10
TBX 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,937 | Props total: 615 615
Southern rapper Waka Flocka Flame recently discussed his stance on lyrical dexterity, and said he still does not feel motivated to kick complex rhymes.
The writer lost Waka in the first sentence.

Probably can't understand his contract either.
 12-15-2010, 11:29 AM         #11
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And after that we chopped it up. We 'bout to do a song [together]." (Hip Hop DX)

7 years ago '06        #12
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,700 | Props total: 8662 8662
I respect what these guys said everybody isnt a lyrical rapper and everybody shouldnt have to be a lyrical. Every rapper is different and brings something different to the table. Yea real lyrical rappers dont get as much shine as the ones who arent but the music business has always shown you that non-lyrical rappers sell better and get more shine than lyrical rappers. You can get your point across about what every you choose to talk about without being lyrical. I love both non-lyrical and lyrical rappers because there music I always play for certain reasons and different situations.
 7 years ago '09        #13
kickzrme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 1643 1643
every time dude speak i have a blank look on my face like

[pic - click to view]

just cause u drop out dont mean you have to be stupid...butt stupid people making the money so you see where the world going
 7 years ago '08        #14
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 Joe Budden said:
He's right. At the end of the day, big words is just a facade to confuse the masses.
Nah, just the ignorant and uneducated.

cjstewar8 said:
i like what he's TRYING to say. why try to be somebody you're not?
This, however, is fair enough
 7 years ago '05        #15
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 theoriginaljay said:
Being intelligent in this world is undervalued
more like, overstating intelligence is valued in this world.

Too many people swear they're conscious, and intelligent, yet recycle the same a.ss topics, concepts, and ideas as the last. I applaud for being more aware than most, but recycling good ideas are what smart people do, intelligent people make their own. I'm glad Waka isn't trying to "Goddamn rap big words," too many are doing it, and fail miserably.

Conscious and lyrical music, is no more bulls**t than mainstream.
 12-15-2010, 11:49 AM         #16
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if he was white people woulndt say s**t
 7 years ago '10        #17
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
 bigree61 said:
if he was white people woulndt say s**t
How come race always has to come up on BX?
 7 years ago '09        #18
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,276 | Props total: 19433 19433
lol at the n*ggas cosigning this hip hop lost again
 7 years ago '05        #19
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 7 years ago '06        #20
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
f**k i hate **** a.ss ******s
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy