DreamWorks working with Eminem on movie titled 'Southpaw', 1st (and only) feature role since 8mile

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
6971 pageviews
63 comments

ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
DreamWorks working with Eminem on movie titled 'Southpaw', 1st (and only) feature role since 8mile

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

DreamWorks Teams With Eminem And Kurt Sutter For ‘Southpaw’ – Deadline.com

EXCLUSIVE: DreamWorks has made a preemptive acquisition of Southpaw, a pitch for a star vehicle for Eminem (Marshall Mathers) that will be written by Sons of Anarchy creator/exec producer Kurt Sutter. Like in Eminem's 2002 screen starring debut 8 Mile, Southpaw will be fueled by the struggles that inform Eminem's music and mirror his life. Eminem will play a fast-rising welterweight boxer who brawls his way to the title, only to see his world crash down around him due to tragedy. The movie is about his f!ght to reclaim past glory.

The pitch was bought in the room by DreamWorks co chairman/CEO Stacey Snider, who got first crack because she championed 8 Mile when she was Universal Pictures chief. The film will be produced by Eminem's Shady Films' managers and producing partners Paul Rosenberg and Stuart Parr, and Alan and Peter Riche of Riche Productions. The deal comes as Eminem's comeback album, Recovery, just got 10 Grammy Awards nominations.

Sutter, who just completed the third season of his FX series, said the project was borne out of his observation of Eminem's struggles. "I took meetings with Marshall's producing partners over the past 7 years, looking for something to do together," Sutter told me. "I know he's very selective and doesn't do a lot. But he shared so much of his personal struggle in this raw and very honest album, one that I connected with on a lot of levels. He is very interested in the boxing genre, and it seemed like an apt metaphor, because his own life has been a brawl. In a way, this is a continuation of the 8 Mile story, but rather than a literal biography, we are doing a metaphorical narrative of the second chapter of his life. He'll play a world champion boxer who really hits a hard bottom, and has to f!ght to win back his life for his young daughter. At its core, this is a retelling of his struggles over the last five years of his life, using the boxing analogy. I love that the title refers to Marshall being a lefty, which is to boxing what a white rapper is to hip hop; dangerous, unwanted and completely unorthodox. It's a much harder road for a southpaw than a right handed boxer."

Sutter will begin writing immediately, and he will complete a draft by February, before he and his Anarchy writers begin to plot the fourth season of the series.

"There is a rich story her that references his own experience, and I was honored to be able to continue a relationship that began with 8 Mile," Snider told me. She'll steer the project with DreamWorks co-president Marc Sourian. Sutter and Eminem are repped by ICM. David Schiff will be exec producer.

Producers Twitter

[pic - click to view]

kurt sutter (sutterink) on Twitter

[video - click to view]

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 12-13-2010 at 07:13 PM..

63 comments for "DreamWorks working with Eminem on movie titled 'Southpaw', 1st (and only) feature role since 8mile"

12-13-2010, 06:46 PM         #2
tonyk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sounds like it will be a dope movie
 7 years ago '09        #3
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244 OP
space
space
 tonyk said:
sounds like it will be a dope movie
He has said constantly he was waiting for he right role so he would want to have picked a good movie after all that time,lets hope he throws a soundtrack out with it

He was good at acting in 8mile but that was to easy a role this role should see if he can act or not

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 12-13-2010 at 06:53 PM..
 12-13-2010, 06:51 PM         #4
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh whaaat? Pacquiao vs Eminem
 12-13-2010, 06:53 PM         #5
goodbarz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
idk

that movie the f!ghter with the white rapper, marky mark, looks better...
 7 years ago '05        #6
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
em as a boxer? :hmm:

we'll see
 7 years ago '09        #7
space
space
 goodbarz said:
idk

that movie the f!ghter with the white rapper, marky mark, looks better...
He was rumoured to be in that(doubtful now),The f!ghter i think its called
 7 years ago '09        #8
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:
50 need to get em to star in one of his upcoming movies.
straight #1 hit
50 would be wiser staying out of the films he is making
 7 years ago '10        #9
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,364 | Props total: 49 49
 CaliIsActive said:
50 need to get em to star in one of his upcoming movies.
straight #1 hit
50 should stop making movies,or at least stop starring in them he's a horrible actor. I respect the grind,but again horrible actor.

On the flip side this sounds interesting at least.Em's name alone is gonna draw a crowd.I do wanna see if he can really act.His cameo on entourage isn't enough to judge from.
 7 years ago '10        #10
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:
k!ll yourself if you think 50 a terrible actor

50>>>>>Tom cruise, Bruce Willis wack a.sses
:laughing9: You actually believe that?
 12-13-2010, 07:14 PM         #11
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
8 Mile is one of my favorite movies, so I definitely look forward to this.
 7 years ago '09        #12
space
space
 2113 said:
:laughing9: You actually believe that?
I hope he doesnt.I do like 50 as a rapper and his interviews and all are hilarious but when it comes to acting he is lacking
 7 years ago '04        #13
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,167 | Props total: 1625 1625
As good as he did on 8 Mile I wouldn't be surprised if he k!lls it in this
 7 years ago '10        #14
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:
50 is 2 years in was miles ahead of Tom Cruise ..True Story

Even white people know Tom cruise cant act for sh*t
Tom Cruise at his worst is better than 50 at his best...turn that stannery down a notch.
 12-13-2010, 07:27 PM         #15
ajeana 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

This sounds like a fantastic combination of talents….According to Deadline Hollywood, Eminem has signed on to do a movie called Southpaw, written by Kurt Sutter, the creator/executive producer of the critically acclaimed FX series Sons of Anarchy.

Like in Eminem’s 2002 screen starring debut 8 Mile, Southpaw will be fueled by the struggles that inform Eminem’s music and mirror his life. Eminem will play a fast-rising welterweight boxer who brawls his way to the title, only to see his world crash down around him due to tragedy. The movie is about his f!ght to reclaim past glory.

It’s nice to see that after one of the biggest year’s of Em’s career, he’s taking on a film project that shows that he cares about the team involved (ie Sutter), as opposed to some of the crap movies vehicles that many rappers take on as vanity projects, padded with their own inexperienced handlers and homeboys. The project involves some of the same movie studio people that worked with Em on 8 Mile, and will be produced by his manager Paul Rosenberg and Stuart Parr.

Sutter tells DH that he sees a parallel between being a lefty (southpaw) in boxing, and being a white guy in hip hop…and he also sees this new movie, as a continuation of 8 Mile.

Read his comments….
after the jump

Kurt Sutter (Sons of Anarchy) says:

“I’ve had a bunch of meetings with Marshall, and I know he’s very selective and doesn’t do a lot,” Sutter told me. “But he shared so much of his personal struggle in this raw and very honest album, one that I connected with on a lot of levels. He is very interested in the boxing genre, and it seemed like an apt metaphor, because his own life has been a brawl. In a way, this is a continuation of the 8 Mile story, but rather than a literal biography, we are doing a metaphorical narrative of the second chapter of his life. He’ll play a world champion boxer who really hits a hard bottom, and has to f!ght to win back his life for his young daughter. At its core, this is a retelling of his struggles over the last five years of his life, using the boxing analogy. I love that the title refers to Marshall being a lefty, which is to boxing what a white rapper is to hip hop; dangerous, unwanted and completely unorthodox. It’s a much harder road for a southpaw than a right handed boxer.”

Source:MissInfo
 12-13-2010, 07:27 PM         #16
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Eminem will play a fast-rising welterweight boxer who brawls his way to the title, only to see his world crash down around him due to tragedy. The movie is about his f!ght to reclaim past glory.

this gon be yet another white guy beats all the odds by defeatin black men in a competitive sport that caucasians dont dominate. white movie goers live vicariously thru Eminem while seein they fantasies played out on the silver screen, just like 8 Mile

watch my word shawty, this a Marvin Hagler guarantee
 12-13-2010, 07:28 PM         #17
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'll be looking for this to hit
 12-13-2010, 07:29 PM         #18
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marvin Hagler said:
this gon be yet another white guy beats all the odds by defeatin black men in a competitive sport that caucasians dont dominate. white movie goers live vicariously thru Eminem while seein they fantasies played out on the silver screen, just like 8 Mile

watch my word shawty, this a Marvin Hagler guarantee

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #19
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 787 787
Could have sworn I've been hearing about Em and a boxing movie for like 6 years now
 7 years ago '04        #20
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,916 | Props total: 0 0
Tom Cruise was the definition of badass in Collateral.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to this movie. It's being written by Kurt Sutter, who's been involved in two of the best shows of the last decade (Sons of Anarchy and The Shield).
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago