SERIOUS QUESTION: Why was Collinsworth calling him "Mike Vick" all night??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
95 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
160 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #121
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,968 | Props total: 5535 5535
 Illstreet said:
No, but I have learned that you're either a spoiled and uncultered white kid or a Uncle Tom by your Muhammed Ali comment...

Always nice to know who they are around here.
lol And I've learned you're most likely a whiney black kid who starts racial debates over nothing so he can make an attempt at feeling important.

Nice to see you had no idea what I was talking about with Cosell/Ali and you still pretend to think you do.
 12-13-2010, 11:24 AM         #122
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luckluck said:
Let me ask you this, what if a commentator called Steve Nash "Steven" all night? Would that bother you? Is it more that Collinsworth was referring to him casually or because he wasn't referring to what you think Michael Vick wants to be called?
Yeah, I would be bothered of Van Gundy or someone called Nash "Steven" for an entire broadcast...

If he wanted to be called that, he'd list that as his name.

I was bothered by the fact that Collinsworth was calling him "Mike", because while watching the game, it honestly hit me like "Why does he keep f**king saying Mike? Did anyone ever call Jordan Mike Jordan? Da f**k?"

Those were my exact thoughts, and while reading the Eagles/Cowboys threads this morning, it came back to mind.

It just annoyed me, and stuck me as extremely unprofessional.
 7 years ago '04        #123
born wisdom 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,006 | Props total: 951 951
Damn A.O. who is that in ur avy.
 12-13-2010, 11:25 AM         #124
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrBenrexi said:
Ain't like he called him Ron Mexico.
Atleast that would have actually been funny...
 12-13-2010, 11:27 AM         #125
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
A gay joke, unexpected. Btw don't call them the Pats, that is pure disrespect.
I'm not a commentator who is Paid Millions of Dollars to broadcast games on National TV...

But I'm not suprised that your dense a.ss still hasn't gotten the point you dumb f**k.
 12-13-2010, 11:29 AM         #126
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 born wisdom said:
Damn A.O. who is that in ur avy.
For real, bring light to this s**t topic.
 12-13-2010, 11:31 AM         #127
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
lol And I've learned you're most likely a whiney black kid who starts racial debates over nothing so he can make an attempt at feeling important.

Nice to see you had no idea what I was talking about with Cosell/Ali and you still pretend to think you do.
Ok Hayden... Or Preston... Or Noah... Or whatever your name is...

And btw, there was nothing Racial about this thread.

Last edited by Illstreet; 12-13-2010 at 11:44 AM..
 12-13-2010, 11:33 AM         #128
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
For real, bring light to this s**t topic.
And I just got another Prop for this thread while you posted that...
 7 years ago '09        #129
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
f**king BALLS.

my local fox affiliate was refused the rights to show the giants game tonight.

f**k.

sorry its offtopic but i dont give a s**t. im upset.
 12-13-2010, 11:38 AM         #130
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ricky Towel said:
f**king BALLS.

my local fox affiliate was refused the rights to show the giants game tonight.

f**k.

sorry its offtopic but i dont give a s**t. im upset.

Na, I feel for you on this... That is pure bulls**t.

And I really feel bad for all the Giants fans who are gonna get stuck without the game because of the dumbass black out rules...

Thankfully because they have Training Camp here in Albany and John Mara pulled some strings for us fans here, we're getting the game.

But I was out of town and couldn't watch the Seahawks game where I was and isntead had to listen to it...

s**t was horrible.

Last edited by Illstreet; 12-13-2010 at 11:41 AM..
 12-13-2010, 11:39 AM         #131
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
And I just got another Prop for this thread while you posted that...
That has to be a new record.
 12-13-2010, 11:41 AM         #132
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
That has to be a new record.
Reality clashing with the sad world you've created for yourself in your head must be a tough thing...

I wish I could say I sympathize...

But I don't.
 7 years ago '05        #133
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8404 8404
realistically illstreet is right. you dont use nicknames in situations like this...it is unprofessional, no matter how trivial you think it is, its unprofessional

the part that i disagree with illstreet with is i would like to think that collingsworth did his due diligence and asked mike if he wanted to be called mike during the game and mike gave him the go head
 7 years ago '04        #134
knives 
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 24 24
 jay964 said:
maybe michael vick prefers mike
he actually mentioned once that he didn't like be called mike vick. this was back in the day when he was in ATL tho. maybe he doesn't care anymore.

threadstarter made a good point though, i never heard mj called mike jordan...cuz he name was michael...
 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM         #135
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
realistically illstreet is right. you dont use nicknames in situations like this...it is unprofessional, no matter how trivial you think it is, its unprofessional

the part that i disagree with illstreet with is i would like to think that collingsworth did his due diligence and asked mike if he wanted to be called mike during the game and mike gave him the go head
@ The Bolded... If that was the case, then I'd be fine with it...

But just the thought of that interaction sounds unlikely... And if it did happen that way, then Al Michaels would most likely have been there to, and would be doing the same thing.

Al Michaels never calls him "Mike Vick".

But there's nothing suprising about that, as Al Michaels(althought getting old and slips from time to time) is a consumate professional broadcaster.

Last edited by Illstreet; 12-13-2010 at 12:07 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #136
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15698 15698
 StateProperty88 said:

Do you think everyone would just randomly call him Mike if he already hadnt said thats what he preferred.
 12-13-2010, 12:01 PM         #137
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knives said:
he actually mentioned once that he didn't like be called mike vick. this was back in the day when he was in ATL tho. maybe he doesn't care anymore.

threadstarter made a good point though, i never heard mj called mike jordan...cuz he name was michael...
^^^This is now 4 Different people(including myself) who have posted in here and remember this taking place...
 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM         #138
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lboog1423 said:
Do you think everyone would just randomly call him Mike if he already hadnt said thats what he preferred.
But that's just it... No Broadcasters do call him "Mike Vick".

And if they ever have(someone said they think Aikman might have once), they don't do it for an entire game, to the point of never calling him "Michael" once...

Like Collinsworth did last night.

I'm not just pointing this s**t out for the hell of it... ... It was irregular fam.
 7 years ago '07        #139
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
I didn't notice it all. And btw calling somebody named Thomas (or Tom), Tommy or Ben, Benny is not the same as calling somebody named Michael, Mike. Adding a 'y' to somebody's shorthand name most of the time is done to be condescending. EG - Mikey. If Collinsworth was calling Vick, Mikey all night that would've been some disrespectful s**t but I don't see anything wrong w/ calling him Mike.
 12-13-2010, 12:09 PM         #140
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris Cassius said:
I didn't notice it all. And btw calling somebody named Thomas (or Tom), Tommy or Ben, Benny is not the same as calling somebody named Michael, Mike. Adding a 'y' to somebody's shorthand name most of the time is done to be condescending. EG - Mikey. If Collinsworth was calling Vick, Mikey all night that would've been some disrespectful s**t but I don't see anything wrong w/ calling him Mike.
Fair enough...

I disagree, but I appreciate you stating your opinion in a respectful and thought out manner.

Props Given.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy