People that only bench press

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props
 7 years ago '06        #1
20516 pageviews
31 comments

MyStYlEaRt 
space
space
$4,118 | Props total: 1158 1158
People that only bench press

I have been seeing this for a number of years. Kids and even adults who go to the gym and only BENCH PRESS! What is the point in only working out your chest and leaving everything else behind? Bench pressing is the most overated excercise know to man.

31 comments for "People that only bench press"

7 years ago '05        #2
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
i think bicep curls are the most overrated exercise...
 12-12-2010, 06:03 PM         #3
Killinit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real talk curls are overrated...bench press is a great exercise, so its not over rated, but yes, do know what your trying to say, too much emphasis is put on "what you bench"
 7 years ago '05        #4
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,305 | Props total: 4726 4726
I don't think it's overrated either. There's a reason why it's one of the main essential exercises: Bench, Squat, and Deadlift.
 7 years ago '10        #5
Rick Ross 224 heat pts224
space
space
$10,710 | Props total: 11198 11198
they learned it from Craig brah

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #6
MyStYlEaRt  OP
space
space
How many dudes when you refer to working out the first thing they ask is: how much can u bench? I gotten asked that a million times, there are so many other excercises that focus on the chest.
 7 years ago '04        #7
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
It's not overatted, definitely a great compound movement for upperbody, but people neglect the rest of their body, i agree with that. They're just worried about the part what people see, which is arms and chest and abs and dont fully understand how important working out legs and back is.
 7 years ago '05        #8
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
 Lucifer said:
It's not overatted, definitely a great compound movement for upperbody, but people neglect the rest of their body, i agree with that. They're just worried about the part what people see, which is arms and chest and abs and dont fully understand how important working out legs and back is.
conditioning and cardio is pretty important as well. i don't understand folk that lift all the time with no conditioning. I was running up stairs with this kid that lifts all the f**ken time. I mean he's a monster for real. I lift alot as well. This ma f**ker is just straight gassed after 4 flights of stairs. I was giving him hella s**t. I was like you gonna have hundreds of dollars on food and supplements and always at the gym and your cardio is weak.
 7 years ago '04        #9
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 MyStYlEaRt said:
How many dudes when you refer to working out the first thing they ask is: how much can u bench? I gotten asked that a million times, there are so many other excercises that focus on the chest.
If you wanna make their head explode say you don't bench. :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '08        #10
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 398 398
Word.

...and the thing those dudes don't realize is that doing squats and deadlifts would help their bench go up, but you can't tell s**t to people that already know everything.
 7 years ago '05        #11
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
the real issue is most people want to LOOK strong, but not actually BE strong (cuz that takes a lot of work)...

so they curl and bench instead in place of squats and deadlifts instead of in addition to squats and deadlifts...
 12-16-2010, 09:31 PM         #12
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thatruest said:
All people have their own individual agenda. Unless it benefits/enhances your career there's no true NEED to be strong. I see a lot of curl jockeys at the gym: Big f**king Delts, Traps and Arms. I used to be annoyed at the type when I was in High School. But to each their own.
"Strong people are harder to k!ll than weak people, and more useful in general."

Mark Rippetoe
 7 years ago '05        #13
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
 thatruest said:
All people have their own individual agenda. Unless it benefits/enhances your career there's no true NEED to be strong. I see a lot of curl jockeys at the gym: Big f**king Delts, Traps and Arms. I used to be annoyed at the type when I was in High School. But to each their own.
to each their own indeed, i never had a problem with people that only work glamour muscles....but the average joe just wants to get that swell on.....but honestly, getting both really isn't THAT hard...
 MrAmazing said:
"Strong people are harder to k!ll than weak people, and more useful in general."
Mark Rippetoe
 12-17-2010, 11:00 PM         #14
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrAmazing said:

Mark Rippetoe
this might be the greatest quote ever.
 7 years ago '04        #15
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 enetblazin4eva said:
If you wanna make their head explode say you don't bench. :dancingcool:
Lol.. Personally I don't benchpress.. I've got bone spurs in my wrist that make it extremely painful when I bench.. I use dumbbells
 12-18-2010, 10:43 AM         #16
Pstax916 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its an ego workout
 7 years ago '06        #17
MyStYlEaRt  OP
space
space
Thing that bothers me most is when you tell some one you workout and the first thing they ask you is how much can u bench. I been seeing this kid at the gym for the past 2 weeks, he's bout 6 foot maybe 130 - 140lbs and comes to the gym with his girl, spends 20mins stretching and another 40 benching the bar with no weights, then another 20 benching 65lbs.
 7 years ago '06        #18
therulersback 
space
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 5 5
 stacks050 said:
The barbell bench press is definitely overrated. Dumbbell bench press is much better than the bar because it uses more muscle for stabilization and stimulates your chest more than the bar.. the downside is that most gyms dont have DB's over 100lbs.

If I had to choose just 1 upper body pressing movement it would be the overhead press... to me overhead pressing your bodyweight or a grown man is more impressive than benching 400lbs
definitely agree with ya.
but i would say that the clean & press might be the most impressive. picking up someone off the ground and swinging them above your head =
 7 years ago '10        #19
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 akademiks said:
Lol.. Personally I don't benchpress.. I've got bone spurs in my wrist that make it extremely painful when I bench.. I use dumbbells
I don't bench either....

dumbbells are cool but I use other exercises and machines for chest workout.
 7 years ago '09        #20
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,116 | Props total: 1654 1654
i understand when i go to the gym i watch these two guys bench every f**king day and the fact is that bench press messes up your shoulders
EmJay23 slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy