The 15 Best Movie Crackheads

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
28124 pageviews
32 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
The 15 Best Movie Crackheads

# 15

[pic - click to view]

Christian Bale gives an amazing performance as Ward's older brother and trainer, d!cky Eklund, a former boxer who was once known as "The Pride of Lowell" before he got addicted to crack and hit rock bottom (check him out in the trailer). Bale got to kick it with Eklund to study him, but he probably also studied some of cinema's classic crackhead performances.

[video - click to view]

THOMAS JEFFERSON BYRD AS CODY IN MACARTHUR PARK (2001)
MacArthur Park isn’t the most well known movie out there, but it might deserve a glance, due to Thomas Jefferson Byrd’s beyond respectable performance of a crackhead musician who tries to change his life after reconciling with his son.

[video - click to view]

TOBY KEBBELL AS JOHNNY QUID IN ROCKNROLLA (2008)
Even by crazy junkie rock star standards, Johnny Quid is pretty f**ked up. Whether it’s smoking through a gun, poking up a bouncer with a pencil, or shooting people, dude is just unstable.

[video - click to view]

ALEXIS ARQUETTE AS DAN IN JUMPIN' AT THE BONEYARD (1992)
When you see Tim Roth is headlining a movie about a crack fiend, you automatically think, “Wow! He’s perfect for that.” Well, the producers didn’t think so, because they used Roth for the sober character and used Alexis Arquette—sibling of David, Patricia, and Rosanna—as the leading crackhead. And she (Alexis is a transwoman) plays the hell out of the role in one of those early gritty '90s movies that has gone up in smoke and mostly been forgotten about.

[video - click to view]

OSAS IGHODARO AS SHINAE IN k!llA SEASON (2006)
How can you say our boy k!lla Cam doesn’t have a heart of gold? When poor Shinae was down and out, being abused by her boyfriend and smoking crack, who was there to put her back on her feet? His character Flea, that’s who. He cleaned her a.ss up and gave her the money she needed to get back into school. So what he k!lled endless amounts of people, sold kilos of drugs, helped mobsters chop up a “Habibi,” hit a dude over the head with a bottle and peed on him, and spit in a girl's face after bucking at her father—all of that is irrelevant, dog. What? You disagree? Yo, pardon our back, B! Pardon our back!

[video - click to view]

ANTHONY JOHNSON AS EZAL IN FRIDAY (1995)
First lesson you learn in the hood: Crackheads are a sneaky bunch. This characteristic is best showed by Ezal who, in the span of two minutes, beats Smokey over the head for a couple of bucks and tries to convince a storeowner he slipped and hurt himself in his store. You can't fool us though, Ezal, we're immune to your crackhead mind tricks.

[video - click to view]

ERIKA CHRISTENSEN AS CAROLINE WAKEFIELD IN TRAFFIC (1995)
A busy politician father. A preppie boyfriend who introduces freebasing as a means to make s3x even better. Like so many rich white girls, poor sweet Caroline never stood a chance in life.

[video - click to view]

RYAN GOSLING AS DAN DUNNE IN HALF NELSON (2006)
Watch that clip over there. Tell us something as powerful as that, with no actual words ever being spoken? Impossible. Listen, most of us grew up in the '80s and '90s, so we’re sure we had crackhead teachers. But, man, if we ever had to sell our teacher some crack, while he’s in a dirty room with some prostitutes and fellow junkies.

[video - click to view]

ROBERT DOWNEY JR. AS JULIAN WELLS IN LESS THAN ZERO (1987)
Robert Downey Jr.’s portrayal of Julian is notable for being the first time most moviegoers saw a white dude smoke rock (or turn tricks to get high). Despite his good family and privilege, he destroys all his relationships because he just can't kick the habit.

[video - click to view]

JERMAINE "HUGGY" HOPKINS AS THOMAS SAMS IN LEAN ON ME (1989)
Man, Principal Joe Clark (Morgan Freeman) was a d!ck. He sees that one of his students—Thomas Sams—is smoking crack, so what does he do? Kicks him out of school, publicly embarrasses him about the clothes he wears, and takes the boy up to the roof and tries to convince him to jump off the roof (with his rationale being he shouldn’t “f**k around with it” and just “do it expeditiously!”).

[video - click to view]

NICOLAS CAGE AS TERENCE MCDONAGH IN THE BAD LIEUTENANT: PORT OF CALL - NEW ORLEANS (2009)
Terence McDonagh is a G. After making lieutenant in the P.D., dude just hangs out in post-Katrina New Orleans stealing s**t from people, abusing drugs, gambling, and chilling out with his prostitute girlfriend. In this scene, McDonagh pulls over a young couple, interrogates them, finds a crackpipe and proceeds to take a hit of “kibble,” and then has s3x with the kid’s girl right in front of him—making sure he watches. Just living the life. Still, he’s not the craziest cop we’ve ever seen…

[video - click to view]

HARVEY KEITEL AS THE LIEUTENANT IN BAD LIEUTENANT (1992)
…now, Harvey Keitel, who’s simply known as "The Lieutenant" throughout Abel Ferrara's classic, was a loony mofo. The original Bad Lieutenant, which was rated NC-17 due to its graphic drug use, is probably the closest movie on this list to showcasing a functioning addict, considering that the lieutenant was highly respected, even with his random crack fits.

[video - click to view]

SAMUEL L. JACKSON AS GATOR PURIFY & HALLE BERRY AS VIVIAN IN JUNGLE FEVER (1991)
First of all: We know that there is some kind of hood stigma about hooking up with fiends around the way but, f**k that, Vivian can get it, man—and we don’t care how much money she takes from our wallet after we fall asleep. Really, she has to be the hottest fiend in history and way out of the league of fellow junky, Gator. Both Jackson and Berry put a foot in their roles, with Jackson basing his performance on real life (he really did once have a drug problem) and Berry preparing for the part by spending time in a crack den and not showering or shaving (ewww).

[video - click to view]

HALLE BERRY AS KHAILA RICHARDS IN LOSING ISAIAH (1995)
…Losing Isaiah! Four years after Halle made her movie debut playing a junkie in Jungle Fever, she got her first chance to carry a movie—playing a junkie. Even though she's not nearly as hot as she was in Jungle Fever (she had some weird braid s**t going on with her hair here), her performance as Khaila, a fiend who gives up her son for adoption and, years later, after she gets clean, f!ghts to get him back, easily tops her previous junkie role just off the fact that she dominates the screen time.

[video - click to view]

CHRIS ROCK AS POOKIE IN NEW JACK CITY (1991)
The most famous crackhead of all time? Has to be. There’s not a coke rapper alive who hasn’t used a Pookie punch line in at least one rhyme (Bobby, Whitney, Darryl Strawberry, and Len Bias round out the top five most cliche addict reference list.) So what makes Chris Rock’s performance still stand out nearly 20 years later? It’s the perfect fusion of iconic movie quotes (“It just be calling me, man. Calling me.”) mixed in with a real sadness and a touch of comedic over-exaggeration that makes Pookie our number one crackhead. A somewhat dubious honor, we know, but an honor nonetheless.

[pic - click to view]

www.Complex.com

32 comments for "The 15 Best Movie Crackheads"

7 years ago '04        #2
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,876 | Props total: 17414 17414
never seen those first few
 7 years ago '05        #3
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
Ezel is the best one. I'll clean all the s**t up for you for $2.00.
 12-10-2010, 01:37 PM         #4
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i steal i dont kiiiiil
 7 years ago '04        #5
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,861 | Props total: 2008 2008
as soon as I read the thread title I thought of Gator from jungle fever. Samuel L k!lls that role. The scene in the house with his mom towards the end is just crazy. First time I watched that I was blown away.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #6
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
Gator should have been number one

the crackhead song and dance did it for me...s**t was hilarious
 7 years ago '08        #7
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7

[video - click to view]

cgates142 gave props

12-10-2010, 02:37 PM         #8
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thread is invalid w/o Life Is Hot In Cracktown. Movie was awful but had ridiculous crackheads
 12-10-2010, 02:39 PM         #9
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bubbles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[video - click to view]

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 12-10-2010 at 02:47 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #10
Superboy504 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 147 147
I can agree with this list 50%. I've seem better crackheads in other movies though.
 7 years ago '06        #11
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3524 3524
 TheBallDontLie said:

The real GOAT crackhead...

...my favorite character from the series.

7 years ago '06        #12
bud10 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,865 | Props total: 800 800
that gator scene is hilarious...but no suprise i knew pookie would get #1
 12-10-2010, 09:29 PM         #13
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mathematic said:
Easily No. 1
 12-10-2010, 09:32 PM         #14
Jey Johnson88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ Menace II Society by username illsuckyod!ckman
 12-10-2010, 09:50 PM         #15
Grind Hard 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The crackhead in master p movie...im bout it>>
 7 years ago '10        #16
schlegel 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,568 | Props total: 0 0
I'm lookin forward to seein "The f!ghter"
 7 years ago '04        #17
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6476 6476
i forgot the dad was just sittin in the chair after he shot gator
 7 years ago '10        #18
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
 TheBallDontLie said:

This.

Pookie too >>>
 7 years ago '10        #19
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 102 102
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9csU5wStpoU&feature=related]YouTube - The Basketball Diaries: Mickey k!lls the dealer[/url

that lil spanish kid was the real dopey one, forgot how he got k!lled
 7 years ago '04        #20
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 Mathematic said:
Even BETTER:

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago