Kanye West - Blame Game

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
42 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #21
Big Louie Champ 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,739 | Props total: 7613 7613
 ngoogs said:
GOAT post! :agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:

I agree that it can be about both a girl and about his fame at the same time. the whole album is a big metaphor for his fame, hence the title My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Here's my run-down:

1.) Dark Fantasy - Classic hip hop on the verses and a catchy, telling, chorus, but is deep down a metaphor for him being on top of the world, a respected rapper-turned-pop-icon at the height of his career.

2.) Gorgeous - Another hard hip hop song akin to his earlier CD/LR days touching briefly on political and social issues but really meaning how gorgeous his life at the top of the world is.

3.) Power - A song about how he's starting to realize exactly what his fame brings with it, but still enjoying it for the most part. Kind of saying "Nobody should be this famous and powerful because when you fall you fall hard... but c'mon that'll never happen to me!"

4-5.) All Of The Lights - A song that really personifies his hype and fame yet manages to subtly hint at the darker sides of fame (i.e. "another n*gga tryna replace me? I had to take him to that ghetto university!" "MJ gone, our n*ggas dead!")

6.) Monster - He's "shooting the Lights out" here - by personifying what a Monster he is (the Taylor incident, obviously) by crafting a classic hip hop song about, what else?, monsters!

7. So Appalled - The public's reaction to the VMA incident and the fall out of it, even though he himself still hasn't quite faced his inner demons and realized what was so wrong about it.

8.) Devil in a New Dress - a classic song that really is a metaphor for falling into drugs in the wake of the VMAs ("she loves Jesus, but you can learn a lot from satan". Really about the seduction of drugs in your darkest hour and how they can numb the pain - you know its a Devil but it's in an attractive new dress due to your current situation.

9.) Runaway - While he's sulking and doing drugs in the wake of the VMA incident, his fans, the media and the general public are running as fast as they can away from him because he's such a f**king douchebag

10.) Hell of a Life - This song truly tells everything that's bad about the fame, the drugs, hookers, and sort-lived romantic flings. The hooks shows us that he's really turning a corner and changing the way he's been living.

11.) Blame Game - On one level it's about Amber, on another it's telling the world that he realizes what a double-edged sword his fame is and that he's starting to man up and put the blame where it belongs.

12-13.) Lost In The World/Who Will Survive In America? - Really personifies how he has put all the bulls**t of the past year behind him and is manning up both to his flaws and good qualities, and is starting to understand that to survive in this industry you need to find a good balance between who you are and who you HAVE to be to make it.

14.) BONUS: See Me Now - He's back, b**ches.

yeah, it's a long read and i'm super stoned right now but I think it all makes a lot of sense! :agreement6:
come on son u reahcin
 7 years ago '04        #22
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 ngoogs said:

I agree that it can be about both a girl and about his fame at the same time. the whole album is a big metaphor for his fame, hence the title My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Here's my run-down:

1.) Dark Fantasy - Classic hip hop on the verses and a catchy, telling, chorus, but is deep down a metaphor for him being on top of the world, a respected rapper-turned-pop-icon at the height of his career.

2.) Gorgeous - Another hard hip hop song akin to his earlier CD/LR days touching briefly on political and social issues but really meaning how gorgeous his life at the top of the world is.

3.) Power - A song about how he's starting to realize exactly what his fame brings with it, but still enjoying it for the most part. Kind of saying "Nobody should be this famous and powerful because when you fall you fall hard... but c'mon that'll never happen to me!"

4-5.) All Of The Lights - A song that really personifies his hype and fame yet manages to subtly hint at the darker sides of fame (i.e. "another n*gga tryna replace me? I had to take him to that ghetto university!" "MJ gone, our n*ggas dead!")

6.) Monster - He's "shooting the Lights out" here - by personifying what a Monster he is (the Taylor incident, obviously) by crafting a classic hip hop song about, what else?, monsters!

7. So Appalled - The public's reaction to the VMA incident and the fall out of it, even though he himself still hasn't quite faced his inner demons and realized what was so wrong about it.

8.) Devil in a New Dress - a classic song that really is a metaphor for falling into drugs in the wake of the VMAs ("she loves Jesus, but you can learn a lot from satan". Really about the seduction of drugs in your darkest hour and how they can numb the pain - you know its a Devil but it's in an attractive new dress due to your current situation.

9.) Runaway - While he's sulking and doing drugs in the wake of the VMA incident, his fans, the media and the general public are running as fast as they can away from him because he's such a f**king douchebag

10.) Hell of a Life - This song truly tells everything that's bad about the fame, the drugs, hookers, and sort-lived romantic flings. The hooks shows us that he's really turning a corner and changing the way he's been living.

11.) Blame Game - On one level it's about Amber, on another it's telling the world that he realizes what a double-edged sword his fame is and that he's starting to man up and put the blame where it belongs.

12-13.) Lost In The World/Who Will Survive In America? - Really personifies how he has put all the bulls**t of the past year behind him and is manning up both to his flaws and good qualities, and is starting to understand that to survive in this industry you need to find a good balance between who you are and who you HAVE to be to make it.

yeah, it's a long read and i'm super stoned right now but I think it all makes a lot of sense! :agreement6:

good breakdown
 12-09-2010, 12:24 AM         #23
manox 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Even if son reaching I give him props for dropping a pretty elegant interpretation
 12-09-2010, 12:37 AM         #24
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yunglouie said:
come on son u reahcin
you know what? I very well might be, but that's just what the music says to me when i sit and think about it. The way the songs are arranged on the album, the tone of the songs and the recent events that we KNOW of that have happened in Kanye's life all added together, plus some interpretation on my part, lead me to this conclusion. I'm not asking anybody to agree with me, nor am i trying to sway anyone's own interpretation of the album. I was just sharing what the album says to me. Like I said, the beauty of music is that a song can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. That's why i love music as much as I do. :agreement6::agreement6:

manox said:
Even if son reaching I give him props for dropping a pretty elegant interpretation
I appreciate that my man! it's always nice to encounter open-minded and respectful people, be it on boxen or in real life.... but especially on boxden!
 7 years ago '09        #25
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,223 | Props total: 19332 19332
at people over thinking the new album s**t had dope songs and good content but you guys are reaching kanye album was nice but the whatever message or concept he was trying to convey didn't come off well at all dude isn't jay or lupe
 12-09-2010, 12:39 AM         #26
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
at people over thinking the new album s**t had dope songs and good content but you guys are reaching kanye album was nice but the whatever message or concept he was trying to convey didn't come off well at all dude isn't jay or lupe
i don't understand why so many people are hardheaded and arrogant enough to think that just because a particular song or album or whatever doesn't connect with them, that there's no way somebody with a different opinion can be right, too. Music isn't math, it's subjective.

Hate given, d!ck.

Also, just because Kanye hasn't been that deep in his career (and I admit that no other kanye album has narrated a story to be before, although i do like them all) doesn't mean he hasn't been trying to. Who does he surround himself with, afterall? Jay and Lupe, to name a few. I wouldn't say my breakdown is unreasonable. Maybe not everyone can agree on it, but it isn't as ridiculous or appalling as saying that, while stoned, the equation 2+2 gave across the interpretation that the answer was 7 and not 4.

Last edited by ngoogs; 12-09-2010 at 12:42 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #27
Big Louie Champ 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,739 | Props total: 7613 7613
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
good breakdown
bruh shut the f**k

7 years ago '06        #28
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,362 | Props total: 5601 5601
Listen to that s**t high

"wa wa we wa"-borat
 7 years ago '09        #29
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
 ngoogs said:
i don't understand why so many people are hardheaded and arrogant enough to think that just because a particular song or album or whatever doesn't connect with them, that there's no way somebody with a different opinion can be right, too. Music isn't math, it's subjective.

Hate given, d!ck.
i call mr.fantastic tell em stop REACHING! get mad! even if the album is deeper than i think kanye imo didn't do a good job portraying the concept he was going for plus there were some pointless verses on the album basically that didn't add to a specific track which also could have thrown out the consistency of whatever concept he was going for...if kanye tries another concept record again i suggest he should get artist who will add to it not the opposite.
 12-09-2010, 12:48 AM         #30
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangab**ch said:
Listen to that s**t high

"wa wa we wa"-borat

for real son. you do that and you end up having the music speak to you and going off on ignorant f**ks on two internet message boards.

btw, let me say to all of these people hating on me in here, I gave you my VERY DETAILED reasoning why I think this way... yet none of you can come up with more than a one or two sentence rebuttle that consists of "no you're a stan/reaching/dumb/wrong."

I thoroughly enjoy thought provoking conversations, especially in my current state, so come at with some reasoning as to why i am FOR SURE wrong. I never said I was FOR SURE right, but ya'll are acting like i've been teaching your kids in math class that 2+2=7.

7 years ago '08        #31
FlyboyCaz 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 805 805
 ngoogs said:

Here's my run-down:

Son lemme get your connects number !!! I need a pound f what your smokin asap !
 12-09-2010, 12:53 AM         #32
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
i call mr.fantastic tell em stop REACHING! get mad! even if the album is deeper than i think kanye imo didn't do a good job portraying the concept he was going for plus there were some pointless verses on the album basically that didn't add to a specific track which also could have thrown out the consistency of whatever concept he was going for...if kanye tries another concept record again i suggest he should get artist who will add to it not the opposite.
I agree that this album isn't perfect. as a matter of fact, a lot of things about the album bother me. Why is Swizz on it? why is ross on Devil in a new dress? why is Cyhi on So Appalled? none of these things really add to the album. All Of The Lights was a good song but he could have executed it better, imo.

but at the end of the day, people's opinions of music are entirely their own. i was hoping that i could provide a little insight to some people on here about the album and maybe answer the OP's question by giving him a larger-scale example. Since you're acting like a 1st grader who got called a mean name on the playground, I've obviously offended you personally somehow in this thread. For that, I'm sorry. That was not my intention in the least. :greetings10:
 12-09-2010, 12:56 AM         #33
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlyboyCaz said:
Son lemme get your connects number !!! I need a pound f what your smokin asap !
hahahahah it's really great. just some percoset, if we're all being bros around here. have taken i think 4 tonight. very enjoyable. i see some people on here don't really agree with me, but i mean, i had quite an enjoyable time tonight listening to this album. it's very pretty music. blame game is my favorite kanye song when i'm sober, so it was especially good tonight.

as a side note, sorry i'm typing so much in here, call it a side effect. just trying to be real and we're all bros around here. also, eminem's word play on SSLP is something else right now... bout to listen to some reasonable doubt. :cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '09        #34
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
 ngoogs said:
I agree that this album isn't perfect. as a matter of fact, a lot of things about the album bother me. Why is Swizz on it? why is ross on Devil in a new dress? why is Cyhi on So Appalled? none of these things really add to the album. All Of The Lights was a good song but he could have executed it better, imo.

but at the end of the day, people's opinions of music are entirely their own. i was hoping that i could provide a little insight to some people on here about the album and maybe answer the OP's question by giving him a larger-scale example. Since you're acting like a 1st grader who got called a mean name on the playground, I've obviously offended you personally somehow in this thread. For that, I'm sorry. That was not my intention in the least. :greetings10:
see you post opinions on music is entirely there own then you tried to give me hate for feeling the album concept was not delivered very well but i agree with most you posted no reason to throw insults my dude.
 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM         #35
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yunglouie said:
bruh shut the f**k

bruh u so mad at the world that u cant even give a nig props for breakin down his perception of an album?....bruh
 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM         #36
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
see you post opinions on music is entirely there own then you tried to give me hate for feeling the album concept was not delivered very well but i agree with most you posted no reason to throw insults my dude.
i gotchu bro. no hate intended at you directly i just wasn't sure why i was catching flack for this. i appreciate that you came through with a reason why the album wasn't what i said it was (poor execution) instead of an ignorant one sentence reply!
 12-09-2010, 11:49 AM         #37
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:wow: i was on another planet last night

still makes sense to me, though. although i have a feeling that i'm still a little stoned.
 7 years ago '04        #38
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,385 | Props total: 3844 3844
 ngoogs said:

Here's my run-down:

:applause:
 7 years ago '10        #39
Moyo420 37 heat pts37
space
space
$1,312 | Props total: 35 35
 ngoogs said:

Here's my run-down:

:rasta:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy