Kanye West - Blame Game

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
49 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #1
8130 pageviews
45 comments

kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 4416 4416
Kanye West - Blame Game

At first you would think this is possibly about Amber Rose, but after listening to this track more and more I am starting to see this more about Kanye's Fame more than an actual female.

He recently revealed a few months back he contemplated suicide following his fall-out after the Taylor Swift incident. Kanye has also been accused of abusing fame numerous times and he runs his own name through the mud with all the stunts he pulls, but he doesn’t feel bad about it because he enjoys his life in the limelight (negative or positive).

Am I reaching?

45 comments for "Kanye West - Blame Game"

7 years ago '05        #2
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
songs are meant to be abstract... well good songs...

being str8 foward about s3x, drugs, and life... is for wack rappers..

smart rappers like jay, kanye, and lupe... make it vague enough, and ambigous enough to be implied that it "might" be a metaphor or an analogy... so u could be right..

or he could be talkin about his 6 year relationship with his fiance he had even BEFORE amber rose..
 12-08-2010, 11:04 AM         #3
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who's chloe mitchell?
 7 years ago '07        #4
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
 2D.... said:
who's chloe mitchell?
Supposedly a poet/writer on Twitter, I read the 3rd verse was one of her poems.
 7 years ago '07        #5
gjray 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,440 | Props total: 1253 1253
Naw I don't agree...I think its about Amber Rose or his old fiance... the skit at the end, and the rest of the lyrics doesn't fit the "Fame Theory". Plus he addressed his fame in all the other songs, why would he do it again on this one.

Its kinda weird cause sometimes when a Artist/Genius wants to make something simple it still gets viewed as something complex....
 7 years ago '07        #6
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
 Gm0ney85 said:
smart rappers like jay, kanye, and lupe... make it vague enough, and ambigous enough to be implied that it "might" be a metaphor or an analogy... so u could be right...
 7 years ago '07        #7
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
I never been to that part of pus*y town neither
 7 years ago '10        #8
Deelo Deniroz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,848 | Props total: 481 481
weird trak either way
 7 years ago '10        #9
Jessie19994 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,655 | Props total: 266 266
:cool-smiley-009: Yeezy Taught You Well.
 7 years ago '06        #10
maddbarber 
space
space
$62 | Props total: 0 0
Regardless of how it's interpreted or was meant to be, it's a good track to me....
 12-08-2010, 09:49 PM         #11
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fascinating discovery.

Well done chap.

We've decrypted another one of their creations.

Detectives - 14

Artists - 0
 7 years ago '10        #12
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
^^^
 7 years ago '04        #13
youngskeptik 
space
space
$388 | Props total: 1 1
"heard he bought some coke wit my money, that ain't right girl
Gettin blackmailed for that white girl"

Dunno how that would fit in with the fame theory
 12-08-2010, 10:44 PM         #14
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gjray said:
Naw I don't agree...I think its about Amber Rose or his old fiance... the skit at the end, and the rest of the lyrics doesn't fit the "Fame Theory". Plus he addressed his fame in all the other songs, why would he do it again on this one.

Its kinda weird cause sometimes when a Artist/Genius wants to make something simple it still gets viewed as something complex....
GOAT post! :agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:

I agree that it can be about both a girl and about his fame at the same time. the whole album is a big metaphor for his fame, hence the title My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Here's my run-down:

1.) Dark Fantasy - Classic hip hop on the verses and a catchy, telling, chorus, but is deep down a metaphor for him being on top of the world, a respected rapper-turned-pop-icon at the height of his career.

2.) Gorgeous - Another hard hip hop song akin to his earlier CD/LR days touching briefly on political and social issues but really meaning how gorgeous his life at the top of the world is.

3.) Power - A song about how he's starting to realize exactly what his fame brings with it, but still enjoying it for the most part. Kind of saying "Nobody should be this famous and powerful because when you fall you fall hard... but c'mon that'll never happen to me!"

4-5.) All Of The Lights - A song that really personifies his hype and fame yet manages to subtly hint at the darker sides of fame (i.e. "another n*gga tryna replace me? I had to take him to that ghetto university!" "MJ gone, our n*ggas dead!")

6.) Monster - He's "shooting the Lights out" here - by personifying what a Monster he is (the Taylor incident, obviously) by crafting a classic hip hop song about, what else?, monsters!

7. So Appalled - The public's reaction to the VMA incident and the fall out of it, even though he himself still hasn't quite faced his inner demons and realized what was so wrong about it.

8.) Devil in a New Dress - a classic song that really is a metaphor for falling into drugs in the wake of the VMAs ("she loves Jesus, but you can learn a lot from satan". Really about the seduction of drugs in your darkest hour and how they can numb the pain - you know its a Devil but it's in an attractive new dress due to your current situation.

9.) Runaway - While he's sulking and doing drugs in the wake of the VMA incident, his fans, the media and the general public are running as fast as they can away from him because he's such a f**king douchebag

10.) Hell of a Life - This song truly tells everything that's bad about the fame, the drugs, hookers, and sort-lived romantic flings. The hooks shows us that he's really turning a corner and changing the way he's been living.

11.) Blame Game - On one level it's about Amber, on another it's telling the world that he realizes what a double-edged sword his fame is and that he's starting to man up and put the blame where it belongs.

12-13.) Lost In The World/Who Will Survive In America? - Really personifies how he has put all the bulls**t of the past year behind him and is manning up both to his flaws and good qualities, and is starting to understand that to survive in this industry you need to find a good balance between who you are and who you HAVE to be to make it.

14.) BONUS: See Me Now - He's back, b**ches.

yeah, it's a long read and i'm super stoned right now but I think it all makes a lot of sense! :agreement6:
 7 years ago '06        #15
Jhnnyblz427 174 heat pts174
space
space
$35,215 | Props total: 18078 18078
 ngoogs said:

I agree that it can be about both a girl and about his fame at the same time. the whole album is a big metaphor for his fame, hence the title My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Here's my run-down:

1.) Dark Fantasy - Classic hip hop on the verses and a catchy, telling, chorus, but is deep down a metaphor for him being on top of the world, a respected rapper-turned-pop-icon at the height of his career.

2.) Gorgeous - Another hard hip hop song akin to his earlier CD/LR days touching briefly on political and social issues but really meaning how gorgeous his life at the top of the world is.

3.) Power - A song about how he's starting to realize exactly what his fame brings with it, but still enjoying it for the most part. Kind of saying "Nobody should be this famous and powerful because when you fall you fall hard... but c'mon that'll never happen to me!"

4-5.) All Of The Lights - A song that really personifies his hype and fame yet manages to subtly hint at the darker sides of fame (i.e. "another n*gga tryna replace me? I had to take him to that ghetto university!" "MJ gone, our n*ggas dead!")

6.) Monster - He's "shooting the Lights out" here - by personifying what a Monster he is (the Taylor incident, obviously) by crafting a classic hip hop song about, what else?, monsters!

7. So Appalled - The public's reaction to the VMA incident and the fall out of it, even though he himself still hasn't quite faced his inner demons and realized what was so wrong about it.

8.) Devil in a New Dress - a classic song that really is a metaphor for falling into drugs in the wake of the VMAs ("she loves Jesus, but you can learn a lot from satan". Really about the seduction of drugs in your darkest hour and how they can numb the pain - you know its a Devil but it's in an attractive new dress due to your current situation.

9.) Runaway - While he's sulking and doing drugs in the wake of the VMA incident, his fans, the media and the general public are running as fast as they can away from him because he's such a f**king douchebag

10.) Hell of a Life - This song truly tells everything that's bad about the fame, the drugs, hookers, and sort-lived romantic flings. The hooks shows us that he's really turning a corner and changing the way he's been living.

11.) Blame Game - On one level it's about Amber, on another it's telling the world that he realizes what a double-edged sword his fame is and that he's starting to man up and put the blame where it belongs.

12-13.) Lost In The World/Who Will Survive In America? - Really personifies how he has put all the bulls**t of the past year behind him and is manning up both to his flaws and good qualities, and is starting to understand that to survive in this industry you need to find a good balance between who you are and who you HAVE to be to make it.

yeah, it's a long read and i'm super stoned right now but I think it all makes a lot of sense! :agreement6:
:agreement6:
 12-09-2010, 12:07 AM         #16
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngskeptik said:
"heard he bought some coke wit my money, that ain't right girl
Gettin blackmailed for that white girl"

Dunno how that would fit in with the fame theory
my theory, and if you read my take on MBDTF that i posted in this thread, he picked up a Drug habit post-VMAs to hep cope with the fact that nearly everyone in both the industry and general public hated him. just my opinion, based on the meaning i took from the album and i'ts numerous drug references. even if he didn't do drugs, he incorporated drug-use into the story of the album. He may have taken artistic integrity with his life story to make it more interesting/exciting/dangerous and to tell a better story. that or these 4 percs and 2 christmas ale's are really getting to me. might make it 6... who knows?
 12-09-2010, 12:08 AM         #17
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LowaEastSide5 said:
:agreement6:
glad you appreciated it my man! i was really in the zone listening to the album/writing up that review.
 7 years ago '07        #18
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,838 | Props total: 2105 2105
 ngoogs said:

Here's my run-down:

Thats a deep post. I agree with a lot of it and makes me realize how genious Yeezy is but I just take the Runaway song as being about females. I dunno could be wrong.
 12-09-2010, 12:20 AM         #19
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CaliIsActive said:
Kanye stans are by far the most delusional posters.
Even em stans arent this bad
brah i'm not saying that i'm right and i'm not saying anybody is wrong. i'm simply telling boxden the meaning i took away from the album. i don't see the need for hate. the most beautiful thing about the concept of music (NOT hip hop or rock or jazz or country, but MUSIC as a WHOLE) is that it can mean different things to different people. I had an epiphany tonight about what this album meant to me, and i shared it because i thought other people might enjoy the read and maybe even benefit from it. i didn't mean to spit in your face or challenge any beliefs that you might have, so if you could please grow up a bit and stop acting like a r*ped your mother, i think the entire boxden community would appreciate it.
 12-09-2010, 12:23 AM         #20
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JordanWest86 said:
Thats a deep post. I agree with a lot of it and makes me realize how genious Yeezy is but I just take the Runaway song as being about females. I dunno could be wrong.
i agree that a lot of these songs, if not all of them, is both about two things. the things i mentioned and the more obvious reasons. I think that Runaway makes sense in that it could be about the public's reaction to the VMA incident, a girl that he's warning not to fall in love with him because he is a douche, and maybe you can read an apology to taylor swift in it if you look hard enough. the beauty of it all is that, i believe, it's really about all of these things at the same time.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now