How can i pay off my car loan without the interest??

most viewed right now
 89
Video inside Taxstone & Ebro Want You To Know...
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 80
Image(s) inside Johnny Depp’s Lawyer Says Amber Heard Is ‘Attempting To Secure’ Financ..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 67
NBA JR Smith Seems Like One of The Best Teammates Ever
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 62
NBA New Orleans Pelican Bryce DeJean Jones passes away at age 23
218 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
11155 pageviews
21 comments


Calamity 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,097 | Props total: 145 145
How can i pay off my car loan without the interest??
 

 
i need help... so i went through the process of buying this car, down payment,got financed,agreed to loan terms,ect and now ive been paying my car note every month for a while... and im wondering if i can just pay the original price of the car out. because the car was originally ______ dollars but with my APR it came out to be _____________ dollars lol am i stuck with paying that whole loan price? or can i somehow pay that original price out and be done with it?
 
 5 years ago '08        #2
Keno 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$5,880 | Props total: 299 299
You have pay interest for something you got financed dumb a.ss.
 
 5 years ago '05        #3
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,217 | Props total: 0 0
^^This guy above me doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't listen to him.

The interest is accrued month after month. So the sooner you pay the car off, the less interest you have to pay. If you pay the total amount off no, you won't have to worry about the interest for the remaining months.
 
 12-07-2010, 10:37 AM         #4
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Keno024 said:
You have pay interest for something you got financed dumb a.ss.
at your complete lack of knowledge, dumb a.ss.
 
 5 years ago '05        #5
dmunson318 
space
avatar space
space
$7,676 | Props total: 72 72
and then he called the guy a dumb a.ss is whats so bad!
 
 5 years ago '06        #6
ClevelandRay 
space
avatar space
space
$2,394 | Props total: 2 2
Well he is not totally wrong, you might have to check your loan agreement. Some banks have an early term fee but it's usually no where as high as the intrest. The best thing to do is to go to the bank and ask about an early payoff amount. Also if you have been on time you can ask the bank for better rate for your loan. I know it does not get rid of the intrest but it can help bring the rate down
 
 5 years ago '05        #7
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,217 | Props total: 0 0
 ClevelandRay said:
Well he is not totally wrong, you might have to check your loan agreement. Some banks have an early term fee but it's usually no where as high as the intrest. The best thing to do is to go to the bank and ask about an early payoff amount. Also if you have been on time you can ask the bank for better rate for your loan. I know it does not get rid of the intrest but it can help bring the rate down
Exactly.

A pre payment penalty does not equate to the accumulation of interest over the life of the loan. Not even close. Dude was nowhere near right.
 
 5 years ago '04        #8
Calamity 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,097 | Props total: 145 145
i guess i am kind of dumb... at least to this subject so thanks to all... except keno024...
 
 5 years ago '07        #9
cmryals 
space
avatar space
space
$590 | Props total: 0 0
When I buy a car I finance it as long as possible for the lowest interest possible with no intent on even taking that amt of time to pay it off. For intense, I just bought a truck for $18k I financed that for 75mo @ 3.4% with no early pay off penalty fee. Now I know I can afford to pay $800mo. So monthly I pay the $240 and send the other $560 to principle. So in the end they will barely make anything off my loan and even if you trade it off before paying it off you can come out on top instead of being upside down like a lot of people who pay the exact amt month to month while the car depreciates faster than they can pay it down.
 
 5 years ago '04        #10
prawfitt 
space
avatar space
space
$499 | Props total: 0 0
it all depends on your loan agreement...i know for my car i have to make X amount of payments...so im stuck paying the interest...just read your contract..it should be outlined there...
 
 5 years ago '04        #11
Calamity 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,097 | Props total: 145 145
 cmryals said:
When I buy a car I finance it as long as possible for the lowest interest possible with no intent on even taking that amt of time to pay it off. For intense, I just bought a truck for $18k I financed that for 75mo @ 3.4% with no early pay off penalty fee. Now I know I can afford to pay $800mo. So monthly I pay the $240 and send the other $560 to principle. So in the end they will barely make anything off my loan and even if you trade it off before paying it off you can come out on top instead of being upside down like a lot of people who pay the exact amt month to month while the car depreciates faster than they can pay it down.
^^^thats hot^^^ lol
 
 12-08-2010, 07:53 AM         #12
Bamf55 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cmryals said:
When I buy a car I finance it as long as possible for the lowest interest possible with no intent on even taking that amt of time to pay it off. For intense, I just bought a truck for $18k I financed that for 75mo @ 3.4% with no early pay off penalty fee. Now I know I can afford to pay $800mo. So monthly I pay the $240 and send the other $560 to principle. So in the end they will barely make anything off my loan and even if you trade it off before paying it off you can come out on top instead of being upside down like a lot of people who pay the exact amt month to month while the car depreciates faster than they can pay it down.




how did u get a 75 month loan? did u go through a credit union or a "regular" bank or what? or is it cause u have amazing credit..? im still learning a lot about this stuff...
 
 5 years ago '10        #13
J AL7 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,740 | Props total: 74 74
 cmryals said:
When I buy a car I finance it as long as possible for the lowest interest possible with no intent on even taking that amt of time to pay it off. For intense, I just bought a truck for $18k I financed that for 75mo @ 3.4% with no early pay off penalty fee. Now I know I can afford to pay $800mo. So monthly I pay the $240 and send the other $560 to principle. So in the end they will barely make anything off my loan and even if you trade it off before paying it off you can come out on top instead of being upside down like a lot of people who pay the exact amt month to month while the car depreciates faster than they can pay it down.

This is a good idea but most people dont know that you can send in your payment via mail and notate on the check/money order/cashiers check to "apply to principle" the interest is accrued on the principle balance, the lower the principle the lower the interest.
 
 5 years ago '07        #14
cmryals 
space
avatar space
space
$590 | Props total: 0 0
 Bamf55 said:
how did u get a 75 month loan? did u go through a credit union or a "regular" bank or what? or is it cause u have amazing credit..? im still learning a lot about this stuff...
Believe it or not the Dealership found a credit union offering that and my credit is pretty damn good as well.


Last edited by cmryals; 12-08-2010 at 06:00 PM..
 
 5 years ago '07        #15
cmryals 
space
avatar space
space
$590 | Props total: 0 0
 J AL7 said:
This is a good idea but most people dont know that you can send in your payment via mail and notate on the check/money order/cashiers check to "apply to principle" the interest is accrued on the principle balance, the lower the principle the lower the interest.
Yeah i had to explain it to my wife. She was making large payment on her car and all the bank did was push her payments out so she wouldnt have a payment due for like 3 months. I refinanced her car to a bank where at the click of a check box she could submit a Principle Payment at any time for any amt online and had here base payment draft on auto every two weeks. made it alot easier to pay down.

Rule of thumb: Lower the principle as fast as possible.

My rules for buying a car is: Decent Down Payment + Finanace as Long As Possible + Lowest Interest Rate % Possible + Paying as much as possible to Priciple = Loan paid off in shorter amt of time with little intrest charges


Last edited by cmryals; 12-08-2010 at 06:12 PM..
 
 12-08-2010, 09:43 PM         #16
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow your stupid !
 
 5 years ago '04        #17
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,058 | Props total: 10 10
 cmryals said:
Yeah i had to explain it to my wife. She was making large payment on her car and all the bank did was push her payments out so she wouldnt have a payment due for like 3 months. I refinanced her car to a bank where at the click of a check box she could submit a Principle Payment at any time for any amt online and had here base payment draft on auto every two weeks. made it alot easier to pay down.

Rule of thumb: Lower the principle as fast as possible.

My rules for buying a car is: Decent Down Payment + Finanace as Long As Possible + Lowest Interest Rate % Possible + Paying as much as possible to Priciple = Loan paid off in shorter amt of time with little intrest charges
How about you just save your money, stack it up, and buy the car straight out for a much lower price... or buy a used cash car, great shape, and have no car payment every month...
 
 5 years ago '04        #18
Calamity 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,097 | Props total: 145 145
 egotistical said:
How about you just save your money, stack it up, and buy the car straight out for a much lower price... or buy a used cash car, great shape, and have no car payment every month...
wheres a cmon son gif when you need one?.....
 
 5 years ago '10        #19
J AL7 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,740 | Props total: 74 74
 egotistical said:
How about you just save your money, stack it up, and buy the car straight out for a much lower price... or buy a used cash car, great shape, and have no car payment every month...

The reason you don't want to do it that was is because TransUnion/Experian/Equifax cant certify you as a credible buyer with financial obligations to track your payment history and build your credit score. The way that the other guy does it still requires a length of time to pay but he pays less interest and at the same time builds his credit score up.
 
 5 years ago '04        #20
Calamity 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,097 | Props total: 145 145
 J AL7 said:
The reason you don't want to do it that was is because TransUnion/Experian/Equifax cant certify you as a credible buyer with financial obligations to track your payment history and build your credit score. The way that the other guy does it still requires a length of time to pay but he pays less interest and at the same time builds his credit score up.
yes! yes! yes! im in the process of building my credit up sir
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 105
Was Taxstone The Guy Troyave fought before shots were fired?
441 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
Video inside Add Gucci Mane on snapchat: GuwopSnap
96 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
That broad gonna be the downfall of GU
58 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
Video inside Video Footage Of Troy Ave Shooting Examined
206 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside The Girl That Got shot in the Leg, Maino's Girlfriend
75 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 22
NBA You heard of Hot Sauce, well here's Soy Sauce
54 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 17
Troy Ave - Lower Level #NutSax (Taxstone diss)
35 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 17
NBA NBA All Overrated team
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy