most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #41
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 b_ee_z said:
is there a like button somewhere? it boggles my mind how some people sign something w/o reading it first!
You have to understand that most of these artist don't have knowledge of the music industry before they get in it. They aquire that knowledge afterwards. You take a couple kids off the street, wave money in their face, and promise them all these things. Then yeah, they are going to sign that contract, because it looks good. Who says they didn't read it? They did. They just didn't know what was what in the contract. Hell they didn't even know you could get a separate lawyer from the record company. Back then.

Which by the way, Puff provided their lawyer. They were young at the time, and broke. They were just happy to be on. They didn't know anything about the music business. They didn't know anything about the legal jargon a record contract contains, to say one thing but mean another. They didn't know anything about percentages, points, publishing rights, branding rights, retaining rights to your work. They were just happy to be on and rap. Since Puff knew thay had this lack of knowledge, he played the situation up to his advantage. He took from them and didn't even know it. Until way later after they came into that knowledge. So they were f!ghting to get it back. And eventually they did.

Of course, the Lox weren't the only ones struggling with this. Plenty of artist were and still are. Even the successful quote unquote platinum selling rappers, have the same problem. However, they aren't going to vocalize it as much as the like of the Lox did. Because their record companies are giants. They can't f!ght that. So they're a slave. They don't have a choice.
 7 years ago '06        #42
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
 Mathematic said:
actually it does....the question is:

Is it morally wrong for him to take advantage of artists? I would say its def wrong but thats the nature of the beast(industry)..its a still a business at the end of the day....any artist who signs with diddy can only blame them selves...just ask Loon, G-Dep, Mase, Total, Da Band, Dream, Danity kane, day26 and the rest of the badboy roster.....im not sayin i agree wit puff raping his artists but its a business....
You're right too. It def is an ugly business. And Puff was no different from Clive Davis, Jimmy Iovone, Tommy Matola and every other record company out there. I can't really say I blame him. He was just doing what every other CEO does.
 7 years ago '08        #43
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 MissLoveOne said:
You're right too. It def is an ugly business. And Puff was no different from Clive Davis, Jimmy Iovone, Tommy Matola and every other record company out there. I can't really say I blame him. He was just doing what every other CEO does.
you make a good point here, too....but let me ask you this:

If puff is no different from the other CEO's, why are his artists always voicing their issues when it comes to MONEY, in public? Are they not afraid of him? You rarely hear anything about Jimmy or other white CEOs raping their artist, even though we all know they're most likely are. You may hear about an artist issue with the "record label" but to single out and individual? Puff gets that spot...The only other artist that i can think of that brought an issue in public, was MJ, against Tommy Mattola...but to think about it..was that about money or him wanting to get off the label? I can remember...

Last edited by supervillain; 12-06-2010 at 09:43 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #44
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
 Mathematic said:
you make a good point here, too....but let me ask you this:

If puff is no different from the other CEO's, why are his artists always voicing their issues when it comes to MONEY, in public? Are they not afraid of him? You rarely hear anything about Jimmy or other white CEOs raping their artist, even though we all know they're most likely are. You may hear about an artists displease with an record label but to single out and individual? The only other artist that i can think of that brought an issue in public, was MJ, against Tommy Mattola..
I don't know, maybe they aren't afraid of him. At least maybe they feel they can try him, when they can do the same with others.
 7 years ago '07        #45
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 wtr1906 said:
.... but why did he wait 13 years to tell this story???
cuz these n*ggas aint b**ches jus runnin they mouths
 7 years ago '09        #46
K0ntrast 64 heat pts64
space
space
$29,705 | Props total: 13292 13292
Yea whoever told BIG that he had to go check somethin out is the n*gga that set him
*cough cough*SUGE*cough cough*
 12-06-2010, 10:00 AM         #47
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe big just didnt want them lame n*ggas riding in his van.

BIG: "somebody tell them wack n*ggas to ride in the church van

*lox doesnt listen, tries to get in BIG's van*

BIG: i gotta go do something first, get in the other van
 7 years ago '05        #48
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,258 | Props total: 9720 9720
 wtr1906 said:
.... but why did he wait 13 years to tell this story???
my thoughts exactly.
 7 years ago '09        #49
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
he probably had some weed he didnt want to share with them or something.
 7 years ago '07        #50
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4207 4207
 Doc D said:
Why would they wait all that time to tell us that?".
the lox losin that fanbase man, thats why they quick to spit biggie name on s**t. you already know the youngins aint feelin that real s**t man.
 12-06-2010, 10:34 AM         #51
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey s**t does happen for a reason, but like everyone said why wait so f**king long to tell the story?
 7 years ago '05        #52
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
They say that people always know when they are about to die
 7 years ago '10        #53
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,853 | Props total: 8216 8216
 meercy said:
Angie: So wat u want the ppl to do when they see him ?
Kiss: *Raspy Voice* Steal on Him..... Lean On Him In The Club....

I didnt kno tha s**t was around the piggy bank dilema wit 50 cent eithier....
Dayum they put puff on the spot... The buisness side of the s**t is crazy......
Ol gurl at the end knew da buis too...

& wtf puff ? U own all of biggie s**t and aint gave it to the fam ?
I was thnkin the same s**t.I remember cease sayin on chronicles of junior mafia dat BIG sold his publishing to puff for $200,000. This is after the fact dat biggie had a multi platinum album.Puff knew he would make millions off it but made it look like it was minor.Knowing these n*ggaz from the hood n know nothing about publishing. I think if BIG was still alive, he would've pull dis n*gga puff card as well n wouldn't even f**k wit dude. For u rappers, u betta kno wat u signing b4 u sign it or you'll end up like these n*ggaz.
 7 years ago '05        #54
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,202 | Props total: 11808 11808
 Swisher sweet said:
They say that people always know when they are about to die
 7 years ago '07        #55
silenced_shotty 
space
space
$1,502 | Props total: 168 168
 Punonni Donni said:
Oh....
lmao son....WFT is on the feet of ur avatar?
 7 years ago '05        #56
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 THEINFAMOUS said:
That's what they say that you can like feeeeel it coming. I dunno
 12-06-2010, 11:17 AM         #57
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
had them n*ggas lookin like nick cannon
 7 years ago '05        #58
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,693 | Props total: 2239 2239
big was prolly trying to get some cut or aint want to share his weed. I dont think sheek is saying biggie knew he was gon die he was saying biggie had some s**t to do that was too important for the lox to be a part of
 7 years ago '10        #59
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,324 | Props total: 424 424
who gives a f**k
 7 years ago '07        #60
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,743 | Props total: 159 159
f**king with Puff had them n*ggas on Nickolodeon. But I'm still a Lox fan

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy