You know how I know 2pac is mad overrated?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
15 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,079 | Props total: 10755 10755
Curtis just ended the thread lovely, and i f**k wit pac
 7 years ago '04        #82
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,558 | Props total: 2827 2827
 kiddrocay said:
laughing5::laughi ng5:

now your getting angry

first you try to base your argument on a diss......... failed

then you were talking as if you knew everyone's opinion about pac back in the day........ failed again

now your trying to argue the sales bs like sales will tell if the rapper is overrated...... failed once more

of course people are gonna feel like pac's overrated because everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you are trying to force your failed opinions on people about why you think hes overrated
rofl. . .ay my man

you the trifecta though

white, european, AND born in the mid to late 80s

justsaying. . .your pac experience is primarily Thug Angel DVDs

feel me?
 7 years ago '05        #83
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,431 | Props total: 1371 1371
 Curtisimo said:
pfffffttt

Come on nobody really f**ked with Pac atleast in NYC

He wasn't more popular than Nas, Biggie, ATCQ, Wu Tang, Snoop, Dr. Dre s**t Im a even throw LL cool J in the mix intill he got shot.

I don't remember talking to anybody saying that Pac was one of their favorite rappers

Nobody is disrespecting Pac please I listened to when Pac first came out when his sound was more NWA, Ice Cube ish, and honestly I wasn't feeling homeboy besides the singles he released intill he droped MATW.

Now if Pac was the s**t in your little a.ss town when Snoop And Dre (and other death row Artist) were the face of the West and Biggie bought Eastcoast back and every one was f**king with ATCQ and Wu Tang then I'm sorry and I apologize but Pac wasn't praised like he was the best in the game that intill his beef with Biggie and he switched his style up a bit when linked up with death Row.

I admit 95-96 Pac was popular but homie was dropping albums since 91 there's something that happened in November 1994 that caused this spike in interest in Pac.

And even though musicly he got better his image and antics is what people were most interested in.

Tryin to deny that is like saying eminem being white has no part in him being the highest selling rapper ever or saying 50cent didn't use him getting shot didn't create his buzz for GRODT.

I don't think it's a coincidence that all 3 of these rappers were/are on interscope records

Now if yall wanna get offended, call me young, call me a hater, whatever this is just how I see it. In no way am I trying to pursuad people that he wasn't good rapper because he was a great rapper and made classic records that effected and touched people deeply. But what the hell is wrong with trying to call a spade a spade.

And to the OP point yes how the hell did Pac have a whole coast shook, when Prodigy, Lil Kim, DMX, chino Xl ,dissed the sit out of him??
nobody was scared of Pac during the time considering n*ggaz out here wanted him k!lled for dry snitching on n*ggaz on the East getting money but that's another thread
Really does it matter that 2Pac didn't start making classics and selling records out the gate when he first came out? People try to take away from him for that factor? 2Pac was an artists that improved with time. When he dropped his first album he was only about 19-20. As he grew, so did his music, so did his views, and so did his sound. He evolved. 2Pac didn't really start getting hot until 1994 when he made "Above The Rim" and did songs like "So Much Pain". He then went onto drop Thug Life which was an underrated hip hop classic that went under the radar due to all of his trouble. His peak didn't come until 1996. In 1996, he was above the world but you can't just be a controversial artists and sell records. He made good music. At the end of the day, if his music was garbage, he wouldn't have the fans that he has now.
 7 years ago '04        #84
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 kiddrocay said:

[pic - click to view]

strong comeback. . .

funny how I called all of that without knowing s**t about you though. Now what that say about you?
 7 years ago '04        #85
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
sure i did. . .
 7 years ago '06        #86
hawk48202 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,608 | Props total: 349 349
 abstractq said:
far from that

i f**ks with Pac music every now and then and i hold no ill will towards him

Just every now and then i might read some of the s**t you n*ggas say about the life and times of tupac shakur, and you n*ggas be goin overboard to the point of downing other MCs. Stretchin the truth all crazy.

Look at this thread by itself. . .n*ggas sayin that people wasnt sayin 2pacs name because they was scared. FOH. . .I came up in that era and wasnt NOBODY scared to say 2pacs name. There was a gang of East coast n*ggas that brought it to pac, from kim to Mobb, to

Then other n*ggas sayin Pac made BIG. . .like really? It wasnt even until the quad city shooting that I even knew that they knew who each other were like that. Wasnt no major Pac and BIG collabs to blow big up

Yo I never knew Chino responded. He had a few lines in there too. But not enough to reverse the damage Pac did. But props for posting this homie. I never heard it b4
 12-05-2010, 10:49 AM         #87
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sorry pac didnt make music for white kids so of course all wont even begin to understand
 7 years ago '06        #88
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,234 | Props total: 1717 1717
 abstractq said:
1st off, BIG went diamond after he died

2nd off, Pac's popularity stems from the controversies, not just his death. He was a middle level rapper in terms of popularity before

1. The quad city shooting
2. The r*pe charge
3. The jail time
4. The beef with BIG

By the time all that was done, pac had a whole new image and was running with it and was crazy popular by then

But when it was just him and the music, you woulda been hard pressed to find someone say thatPac was their FAVORITE rapper. It was all about Snoop, Dre, Wu at that time. And underground heads loved Nas. . .the white boys loved ATCQ. . .well actually everybody f**ked with ATCQ
biggie sold 10 mill with "life after death" but only sold 5.1 mill overall with "ready to die." 15 mill all together. 2pac sold 75 mill worldwide. 37.5 in the US. Rolling Stone's named him one of the greatest artists of all times. that's how big *no pun intended* and how much of an impact 2pac had.

with the controversy, what's your point? so, that's the reason he sold 75 mil worldwide and was named one of the greatest? a r*pe charge brings up your sells? so biggie wasn't in the beef? there wasn't controversy built around him? why wasn't he named one of the greatest by rolling stone? why isn't he selling as much after he died or while he was alive? micheal jackson dangled children outside of a window and was accused of molestation. how good of an artist he was, made all that irrelevant. kanye west has numerous of controversy, but his talent is undeniable, so he sells. pretty weak argument and you're running out defenses.

can't find one person say he was their favorite? that's all hate and pretty silly too. if a person sells 5 mill within 2 weeks, you think it would be hard to find someone that would say 2pac was their favorite? I heard a number of them on the west say that. people out east too. stop with the silly a.ssumptions..

Last edited by Don Kaliko; 12-05-2010 at 11:02 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #89
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Yup so we just gone act like the albums after his death didn't count for half those sales.
What does it matter anyway if he sold lots of records after his death? He had lots of posthumous albums and they all sold very well? People liked his music and they went out and bought it. At the end of the day, it's all about the music. ODB was controversial as well but did he sell? No he didn't because his music didn't reach the masses like Pac. When it's said and done, it's about the music. You all can sit up here and talk about Pac not being able to sell until all the controversy began but the point is that he backed his controversy up with great music. 2Pac has the greatest body of work in hip hop today and that is a quote from Melly Mel.
 7 years ago '05        #90
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Melly Mel the steriod up coke head???

come on 5 stop it
You trying to tell me a hip hop legend like Mel doesn't have credibility? Over a million other people also believe that as well.
 7 years ago '04        #91
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,387 | Props total: 29542 29542
 JoeyTheGod said:
Lol @ these two f**gots giving each other reacharounds.

Tupac sucks.
lmao this dude stays talkin s**t.
 7 years ago '06        #92
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Yup so we just gone act like the albums after his death didn't count for half those sales.

Studio albums
Year Album Peak chart positions
[110][111][112][113][114] Certifications
[115][116][117]
US US R&B US CAN
1991 2Pacalypse Now 64 13 Gold
1993 Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. 24 4 Platinum
1994 Thug Life: Volume 1 (with Thug Life) 42 6 Gold
1995 Me Against the World 1 1 2 Platinum
1996 All Eyez on Me 1 1 9 Platinum Platinum
1996 The Don k!lluminati: The 7 Day Theory 1 1 4 Platinum Gold

Posthumous albums
Year Album Peak chart positions
[114][118][119] Certifications
[115][115][117]
US US R&B US CAN
1997 R U Still Down? (Remember Me) 2 1 4 Platinum
1998 Greatest Hits 2 1 9 Platinum
1999 Still I Rise (with the Outlawz) 6 2 Platinum Gold
2001 Until the End of Time 1 1 3 Platinum 2 Platinum
2002 Better Dayz 5 1 2 Platinum 3 Platinum
2003 Tupac Resurrection 2 3 Platinum
2004 Loyal to the Game 1 1 Platinum
2006 Pac's Life 9 3
micheal jackson sold more after he died. are we gonna act like he wasn't that big or good of an artist when he was alive? what point are you actually trying to make?

Last edited by Don Kaliko; 12-05-2010 at 11:32 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #93
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 Don Kaliko said:
micheal jackson sold more after he died, then when he was present. are we gonna act like he wasn't that big or good of an artist when he was alive? what point are you actually trying to make?
 7 years ago '06        #94
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
 nkflier54 said:
Is this a serious post? This can't be life, it can't be............
Are we gonna act like mike jack has really sold more dead than alive
Ronnie ban this stupid a.ss n*gga
google it. his record sells boosted up over 60 mill in the US alone after he died.
 12-05-2010, 11:38 AM         #95
SwaggerBazzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pac is kinda funny. He wasn't necessarily that n*gga his whole career. When he got on death Row, All the hits and classics he had before become glittered with gold because of him being on the right team now. Its like when KG went to the celtics from Boston. We knew he was that n*gga but how could he do it around others. Pac is a revolutionist. No way around it. He had a work ethic that rappers didn't have before him,when he was around or even know. Wayne is the closest,but wayne will put out some dumb s**t to call it a song. Pac is not overrated. He is bigger than music. College teachers wouldn't agree to teach about him if they didnt feel he was worthy of dissecting...
 7 years ago '04        #96
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
 abstractq said:
Strictly for my n*ggaz was certified plat on 4/19/1995

like i said after the beef got started and he had got shot. Once pac did the whole 'Oh I got shot/Oh I r*ped a b**ch/Oh Im in jail/Oh i dont like BIG' spiel, THATS when n*ggas started hoppin on his sack. It was never the music

Ready to die was Plat within 5 months and double plat in a year

again. . .just the facts
lmao at facts... its an opinion....u think he overrated...cool...but come on son, knock it off with oh its facts bulls**t...
 7 years ago '04        #97
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 youngmic said:
lmao at facts... its an opinion....u think he overrated...cool...but come on son, knock it off with oh its facts bulls**t...

Pac not going plat till after he was shot = fact

Ready to Die going plat in 5 months and double plat in a year = also facts

sorry. . .the FACT is, pac was a mid level rap star in the game before he got shot the first time. After that he started selling albums

BIG was more popular that pac off the strength of 1LP before pac got shot and did his jail bid

again, sorry, just facts
 7 years ago '04        #98
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
 abstractq said:
Pac not going plat till after he was shot = fact

Ready to Die going plat in 5 months and double plat in a year = also facts

sorry. . .the FACT is, pac was a mid level rap star in the game before he got shot the first time. After that he started selling albums

BIG was more popular that pac off the strength of 1LP before pac got shot and did his jail bid

again, sorry, just facts

im not sayin anything about big...but for you to sit here n play God like u knew in every1s minds that they were sayin oh yeah let me pick up the 2pac album cuz he was shot...lol f**k outta here...sure there were fans that think that...but lotta people just plain n simple loved his music, period. dear mama peaked cuz it was just a good song to hella people, i bought his albums just cuz i liked his music....your talkin out your a.ss tryin to make your opinion into facts....all eyez on me was months after he was shot...so stop it fam....overrated or not he sold wat he sold, made an impact all over the world, and is considered a legend to many...u dont like that then continue to cry on it but dont sit here n say oh its facts, lol u sounding touchy over the dude...big n pac both made good music, end of story....using a mobb deep track as your back up..lol gtfoh...
 7 years ago '06        #99
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
 SwaggerBazzle said:
Pac was that n*gga his whole career but When he got on death Row, All the hits and classics he had before become glittered with gold because of him being on the right team now. Its like when KG went to the celtics from Boston. We knew he was that n*gga but how could he do it around others. Pac is a revolutionist. No way around it. He had a work ethic that rappers didn't have before him,when he was around or even know. Wayne is the closest,but wayne will put out some dumb s**t to call it a song. Pac is not overrated. He is bigger than music. College teachers wouldn't agree to teach about him if they didnt feel he was worthy of dissecting...
fixed
 7 years ago '04        #100
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
All eyes on me was like a year and a half after he got shot famo. . .lol@ months. . .
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
226 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
46 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now