Happy Birthday To Da G.O.A.T A K A Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
38 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11563 11563
 4REAL said:
You're only talking about the skills portion. What about the rest? The Best MC has the best body of work, originality, mic presence, skills, stage presence, work ethic, diversity/variety, influence, impact, appeal, etc. And lol at Pac made some good music. 2Pac has everything on the list. 2Pac has about 4-5 classics back to back to back and more. Jay-Z is not even a diverse MC. He releases the same style of songs for singles every time. Don't even put Jay-Z on Pac's level. You can call Pac overrated all you like. Every GOAT is overrated to an extent but it's funny how you try to call one person overrated while defending Jay-Z who himself is overrated.
i love pac but to say jay is not diverse is crazy look @ his last couple of singles nothing sounds like it @ all and if u look @ it jay has all those qualities as well, pac didnt go out of his genre and do songs with rock artists so your diversity and variety point is flawed pac had alot of the same records as well. and yes jay is on pacs level and personally overall i think hes better but thats my opinion but to say he doesnt have the most influence impact appeal right now u got to crazy
 12-04-2010, 07:33 AM         #82
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everyone knows having the most money = GOAT. Everyone knows Joe Budden can never be better than Jay because his money doesn't add up.
 12-04-2010, 07:36 AM         #83
CaNiBuS100 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
happy birthday jay-Z
 12-04-2010, 07:38 AM         #84
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas catalog

Illmatic: 5/5
It Was Written: 4.5/5
I Am: 2.5/5
Nastradamus: 1.5/5
Stillmatic: 4/5
Lost Tapes: 4/5
God’s Son: 3/5
Streets Disciple: 2.5/5
HHID: 3.5/5
Untitled: 4/5
Distant Relatives: 4/5

Jay Catalog

Reasonable Doubt: 4.5/5
Vol 1: 3.5/5
Vol 2: 2.5/5
Vol 3: 2.5/5
Dynasty: 2.5/5
BP1: 5/5
BP2: 3/5
Black Album: 4.5/5
Kingdom Come: 2.5/5
American Gangster: 4/5
BP3: 3.5/5

Both artists have a lot of classic songs and are obviously two of the best who have ever done it, but much of their discography gets overrated by people around here. Anyway, happy birthday to Hov!
 7 years ago '06        #85
taboo1169 
space
space
$1,450 | Props total: 0 0
Hova is the Goat.... hands down... I mean where he has elevated himself in the bigger picture of the game of life only seperates him from every other rapper living... I am not mentioning those supposed resting in Heaven... Pac and Big.... But Jigga you gotta love the dude... or hate....

Is it better to have had and lost, or is it worst not having at all? Hov...
 12-04-2010, 07:48 AM         #86
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just don't understand how people can crown someone as the greatest of all time. When you actually think about, there are too many variables, too many things you can't measure. You just can't list albums and expect people to agree with you. There is no way of judging this.
 7 years ago '05        #87
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
I would of never knew it was his birthday if i didn't come looking for music today

quit riding jay-z d!ck so hard
 7 years ago '08        #88
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 kuruption said:
That's because he's 41......
i know that.....he looks more than 41. :slap:
 7 years ago '08        #89
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
why cant yall just wish the man a happy birthday and leave without arguing over whos better or whos not :slap:
 7 years ago '05        #90
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:
I would of never knew it was his birthday if i didn't come looking for music today

quit riding jay-z d!ck so hard
if you're a jay fan you would know his birthday is today...it has nothing to do with being a d!ck rider...maybe you should stop hating
 7 years ago '08        #91
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 StrictlyBiznez said:
Still waiting on a valid argument on why he ain't the GOAT. Sure, Nas is a better lyricist but can he make a club banger or anything else apart from the same old flow over the same wack beats. Eminem HAD a better flow but far too inconsistent to be considered. Pac is hella overrated IMO, made some good music but he's no better than a 3stacks or Immortal Tech, defo not GOAT. Jay delivered some of the greatest albums and is the most versatile MC. You want a club banger> Dirt Off Your Shoulder Street Anthem: Dirt Off and Hard Knock Life, you can search through his discography for any type of song.

PEOPLE on BX fail to remember ONE thing: the best rapper is that with the BEST lyrics, BEST flow, MOST mic presence, MOST originality. NOT just someone who can string a few thoughtful rhymes together.
And you fail to remember that Jay-Z doesn't even come close to having the best lyrics.....Flow is debatable....
 7 years ago '08        #92
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 DJ Maximum said:
Goat!!!!

Check the stats 40 year old still k!lling the rap game and remaining relevant?
If you mean he's the best in the game right now by k!lling the game, then you're wrong...And it's not hard to remain relevant when almost half of your career you were a business man...
 12-04-2010, 08:42 AM         #93
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas riding his d!ck like Charlie Sheen rode Gekko's d!ck, you see where that went?
 7 years ago '05        #94
space
space
 Jade Yorker said:
If you mean he's the best in the game right now by k!lling the game, then you're wrong...And it's not hard to remain relevant when almost half of your career you were a business man...
diddy isnt relevant in hip hop right now , hov is relevant and is k!lling the game because at 40 he's still better then 95% of whats out there. whether or not he's the best is debatable and no reason to go in depth about
 7 years ago '04        #95
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11563 11563
 Jade Yorker said:
hes been the most relevant artist since 98 man didnt do a hiatus except for the "retirement" even then he was still relevant dropped a lack luster album with kingdom come came back with a classic his body of work is unmatched
 7 years ago '10        #96
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
Happy Birthday but he isn't the GOAT and never will be.
 7 years ago '09        #97
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
hey since this is jay's birthday does this count as a "hump day" (no homo)

how many humps do camels have....1 or 2
 12-04-2010, 08:52 AM         #98
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
diddy isnt relevant in hip hop right now , hov is relevant and is k!lling the game because at 40 he's still better then 95% of whats out there. whether or not he's the best is debatable and no reason to go in depth about
It's easy to be good when you have creative control. You act like people actually want to hear nice emcees. If people wanted to hear nice emcees, we'd have them all over the radio and everywhere.

Only reason Hov is on right now, is, he enter the business when it was skyrocketing. Now it's declining.

You know how people say, "boy, if I would have invested in... I'd be rich now." This applies to Hov. Everything was flying off the shelf then.
 7 years ago '05        #99
space
space
 Joe Budden said:
It's easy to be good when you have creative control. You act like people actually want to hear nice emcees. If people wanted to hear nice emcees, we'd have them all over the radio and everywhere.

Only reason Hov is on right now, is, he enter the business when it was skyrocketing. Now it's declining.
uh...what does this have to do with what i said?
 12-04-2010, 09:00 AM         #100
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
uh...what does this have to do with what i said?
You say he's better than 95% of the game. But people aren't demanding that the artist be lyrical. Hov selling his image, not his lyrics. All people every say is, "I respect Hov, he a hustler."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
42 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
250 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
155 comments
2 days ago