Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-03-2010, 02:06 PM         #141
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Bro, you have literally been on an Internet forum arguing with a bunch of people you don't know, about a topic you have no impact on, since 8:14 AM. You have made 23 posts today in this thread alone so far trying to prove a point because you are afraid of looking like you lost an argument to damage your reputation on an internet forum .

You were up until 2:50 AM last night arguing with a different group of people about the same subject in the same thread. You literally got less then 6 hours of sleep, only to be glued to your computer screen with the...

[pic - click to view]

Going on.

It's truly pathetic. Like I said, I feel sorry for you, and I don't feel like multi-quoting all 23 of your posts from today in this thread and sitting here wasting an hour of my time making you look like an idiot, because that has already been done by several people in the past 7 hours.

Under your avy, it says you are retiring from Boxden. Take your pseudo-intellectual a.ss and log the f**k off. Weren't you the one who created that "Real Life" thread? Go live it, God damn.

people in glass houses love to throw stones huh? smh..........
 12-03-2010, 02:09 PM         #142
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Basically. When it was him and his cronies picking on ya I didn't see him caring about his impact on the topic or how long it took or how many posts.

Now he's here blaming me for the same thing.

I filet the feelings of these felines

feel me?
 12-03-2010, 02:18 PM         #143
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't see a problem with debating the topic, I think his point is stupid but that doesn't mean it can't be debated .

Back on topic:

I think you have a some what understandable point that there isn't enough incentive to spend the money it would cost to do the actual exploration vs the cost of the research that still needs to be done. But scientific progress isn't linear, all of the different science fields progress at difference paces and a break through in one field can lead to progress in others.
 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM         #144
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
You just said you didn't read all of that stuff cause it was too long. Want to revise your statement?

I will treat you with respect if you approach me with respect. You all have insinuated im stupid yet most have refused to address the fact or information presented. Worse yet, others have made shockingly ignorant statements and used that as argument to make it seem like im stupid, only for me to post a link and disprove their statement with the quickness.

I didn't ask them for an apology and I suggest you man up cause im not wiping your tears. Better lick that salt water and get to addressing the issue or stay away from discussions completely.

Real quote:

Metalzoa said:
You just said you didn't read all of that stuff cause it was too long. Want to revise your statement?

I will treat you with respect if you approach me with respect. You all have insinuated im stupid yet most have refused to address the fact or information presented. Worse yet, others have made shockingly ignorant statements and used that as argument to make it seem like im stupid, only for me to post a link and disprove their statement with the quickness.

I didn't ask them for an apology and I suggest you man up cause im not wiping your tears. Better lick that salt water and get to addressing the issue or stay away from discussions completely.
Do you wish to revise your statement? thats it.... f**k you dude

im sick of you going on like this skitzin back and forth on whether your going to be a d!ck or not

Did you even know what you typed? you musnt of because that post you just quoted was about the last section of your post which, when i scanned through, noticed the most and put a quick reply to before going downstairs

me wipe my tears? i havnt apologized for s**t, you seem to be ignoring the fact i took the p!ss outta you, which shows you aint taking it to well behind that screen of yours

i cant be arsed to argue with a person who thinks hes the best yet ignores the obvious,

peace

and then your gonna come with a smug comment... just please dude, save the quote and argue with someone else pointlessly whilst slightly changing your agenda

oh and p.s. your statement is hypocritical as f**k

i quoted the wrong statement thus the edit

oh and why dont you start sticking to the argument you originally intended for instead of changing your aspect and thoughts to make it seem as though you have won?

again i dont expect a reply as i aint going to reply to a arrogant f**k ( unlike what you are doing when you have obviously been proven wrong* yet when you argue a different topic you seem to make it though as if you have won * )

:slap:

x 1 TRILLION ( like the cost of a space probe )
n im done, thought id get the last of it in there before i move out, apologies to the rest of yall if its a mumbling post

peace

Last edited by Sniggit; 12-03-2010 at 02:29 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #145
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 Dos-effect said:
I made, what, less then 10 posts over a 7 hour period yesterday AFTERNOON before I went out to the bar to, ya know, live real life on a Thursday night. I was laughing at the fact that Meta literally has been in this thread all hours of the night and early morning. It's embarrassing . But I digress.

-BigC- said:
I don't see a problem with debating the topic, I think his point is stupid but that doesn't mean it can't be debated .

Back on topic:

I think you have a some what understandable point that there isn't enough incentive to spend the money it would cost to do the actual exploration vs the cost of the research that still needs to be done. But scientific progress isn't linear, all of the different science fields progress at difference paces and a break through in one field can lead to progress in others.
I'm not talking about you. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy debate that you can learn something from, but Meta is so close minded that he cannot even begin to understand my stance on the subject, as well as yours apparently. You have made, what, 5-10 posts in this entire thread? You are casually checking it at your leisure. Meta is seemingly just chilling in this thread, clicking refresh every few minutes to see who disagrees with him so he can immediately respond to save his reputation on an internet forum .
 12-03-2010, 02:29 PM         #146
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:

Back on topic:

I agree. This is what a priority system is about.

We do need to learn about the universe, but it currently takes us a long time to travel any notable distance so it is still advantageous to worry about making sure Earth can support humans as long as it takes till we have the knowledge and technology to venture into space safely.

There's not much landing on the moon told us that we couldn't tell from Earth already. As usual, most of these things are about national pride than anything else. We still have a lot of research to do about earth and surrounding space so my stance is to research locally much more thoroughly and plan much better.

There's no rush to fire off that much money in space just yet. We can make bigger advances for less, cause as you have noted: scientific discovery isn't linear.
 12-03-2010, 02:31 PM         #147
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sniggit said:
Real quote:

Do you wish to revise your statement? thats it.... f**k you dude

im sick of you going on like this skitzin back and forth on whether your going to be a d!ck or not

Did you even know what you typed? you musnt of because that post you just quoted was about the last section of your post which, when i scanned through, noticed the most and put a quick reply to before going downstairs

me wipe my tears? i havnt apologized for s**t, you seem to be ignoring the fact i took the p!ss outta you, which shows you aint taking it to well behind that screen of yours

i cant be arsed to argue with a person who thinks hes the best yet ignores the obvious,

peace

and then your gonna come with a smug comment... just please dude, save the quote and argue with someone else pointlessly whilst slightly changing your agenda

oh and p.s. your statement is hypocritical as f**k

i quoted the wrong statement thus the edit

oh and why dont you start sticking to the argument you originally intended for instead of changing your aspect and thoughts to make it seem as though you have won?

again i dont expect a reply as i aint going to reply to a arrogant f**k ( unlike what you are doing when you have obviously been proven wrong* yet when you argue a different topic you seem to make it though as if you have won * )

:slap:

x 1 TRILLION ( like the cost of a space probe )
n im done, thought id get the last of it in there before i move out, apologies to the rest of yall if its a mumbling post

peace
another one bites the dust.
you will not be missed so there was no need to announce your absence. this thread was going on fine before you came and will continue when you resign to lurking it again.
 12-03-2010, 02:55 PM         #148
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
I agree. This is what a priority system is about.

We do need to learn about the universe, but it currently takes us a long time to travel any notable distance so it is still advantageous to worry about making sure Earth can support humans as long as it takes till we have the knowledge and technology to venture into space safely.

There's not much landing on the moon told us that we couldn't tell from Earth already. As usual, most of these things are about national pride than anything else. We still have a lot of research to do about earth and surrounding space so my stance is to research locally much more thoroughly and plan much better.

There's no rush to fire off that much money in space just yet. We can make bigger advances for less, cause as you have noted: scientific discovery isn't linear.
In our economy I agree it isn't very smart to spend a ton of money on something that might give nothing in return. But then again using the money towards science is better then it going else where, and any scientific funding is better then none. Because while it might appear that the billions being used for a project to get a monkey to Mars, there is actually potential for scientific advancement along the way. The funding is never going to be perfect, but its money going in a direction that can be used for science and at the end of the day its better then most of the other s**t we spend money on.
 12-03-2010, 02:57 PM         #149
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I made, what, less then 10 posts over a 7 hour period yesterday AFTERNOON before I went out to the bar to, ya know, live real life on a Thursday night. I was laughing at the fact that Meta literally has been in this thread all hours of the night and early morning. It's embarrassing . But I digress.

I'm not talking about you. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy debate that you can learn something from, but Meta is so close minded that he cannot even begin to understand my stance on the subject, as well as yours apparently. You have made, what, 5-10 posts in this entire thread? You are casually checking it at your leisure. Meta is seemingly just chilling in this thread, clicking refresh every few minutes to see who disagrees with him so he can immediately respond to save his reputation on an internet forum .
Its his life to do with as he pleases and if he wants to camp the thread so he can respond to each point as it gets made thats up to him. I am in the thread while I am studying for finals, so I have probably hit refresh as much as him but I just don't always jump in
 12-03-2010, 03:04 PM         #150
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
In our economy I agree it isn't very smart to spend a ton of money on something that might give nothing in return. But then again using the money towards science is better then it going else where, and any scientific funding is better then none. Because while it might appear that the billions being used for a project to get a monkey to Mars, there is actually potential for scientific advancement along the way. The funding is never going to be perfect, but its money going in a direction that can be used for science and at the end of the day its better then most of the other s**t we spend money on.
Agreed.

You're the only one who is bothering to try and discuss and make me rethink my stance carefully. i appreciate that. You're right about that, but then im tunnel visioning on the benefit of one method or the other.

I think the Columbus analogy will help me explain this a bit better.

There is more than one way to get to India. They already knew one way thoroughly well, they just wanted alternate ways of getting to the same place.

Columbus cost more and took way longer but he came back with better benefits. The royals and investors signed off on it. It was affordable to do.

Trillions or billions or even hundreds of millions is not affordable right now. All of that can go to better science and technology, we reap longer term rewards that allow us to study the universe more effectively.
 12-03-2010, 03:14 PM         #151
MAY LAY LOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
figures it be california, but if it was actually in space it might sound believable
 7 years ago '07        #152
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,338 | Props total: 380 380
this thread went downhill pretty quick.
 7 years ago '10        #153
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
Aliens, like UFO? Or illegal aliens?
 7 years ago '07        #154
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,385 | Props total: 16057 16057
funny how things in online always stray away from topic to personal attacks..smh
 12-03-2010, 04:24 PM         #155
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just seems to me as if theirs 2 diff kinds of people in this thread, one who wants to go find out whats on the other side of the mountain and the other who wants to do all the research they can so the trip has a higher success rate, even if it takes 100 years.
 7 years ago '05        #156
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 Ni2 said:
just seems to me as if theirs 2 diff kinds of people in this thread, one who wants to go find out whats on the other side of the mountain and the other who wants to do all the research they can so the trip has a higher success rate, even if it takes 100 years.
I could agree with that. I'll be on the other side of the mountain looking around at uncharted territory discovering new things accidentally while they are planning to make the trip a century from now for a discount price.
 12-03-2010, 04:28 PM         #157
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I could agree with that. I'll be on the other side of the mountain looking around at uncharted territory discovering new things accidentally while they are planning to make the trip a century from now for a discount price.
exactly. if columbus did his research how much longer would it have taken europeans to discover the continents, then how much longer would it have been before they colonized it(especially if they bothered to research natives, the land, etc.) and how much father behind would nasa be right now, we wouldnt even be having this debate.
 12-03-2010, 04:32 PM         #158
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
Agreed.

You're the only one who is bothering to try and discuss and make me rethink my stance carefully. i appreciate that. You're right about that, but then im tunnel visioning on the benefit of one method or the other.

I think the Columbus analogy will help me explain this a bit better.

There is more than one way to get to India. They already knew one way thoroughly well, they just wanted alternate ways of getting to the same place.

Columbus cost more and took way longer but he came back with better benefits. The royals and investors signed off on it. It was affordable to do.

Trillions or billions or even hundreds of millions is not affordable right now. All of that can go to better science and technology, we reap longer term rewards that allow us to study the universe more effectively.
But they didn't really know what he might come back with. As of right now it appears its not effective, but all it takes is one discovery to potentially change man kind forever. One discovery could advance our civilization faster then we ever could by just doing research here on Earth. Honestly with how dumbed down America has become, any money towards a legitimate science is ok with me regardless of it appearing wasteful. Plus its stuff like this that draws interest, there is a reason they called this alien DNA and made sure to attach NASA to it. The majority of people wouldn't give two s**ts if they just said some biological organization discovered a new life form that contradicts what we thought we knew. We need interesting crap like the exploration into space just to draw some attention and interest future generations into science.
 12-03-2010, 04:36 PM         #159
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well the difference between the exploration into space vs exploration of a region over a mountain is we pretty much know whats where. We can see and observe things a lot further then we could ever really reach. But sending probes to gather s**t in my opinion can do nothing but give us more information that could potentially lead to new discoveries. But it is pretty weak to compare it to going over a mountain and walking around .
 12-03-2010, 04:43 PM         #160
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^i mean its just a stupid analogy, but granted they thought there was monsters and s**t especially in the ocean and they thought for many years the earth was flat and you would fall off, so how long did that hinder are ability to advance our fields of science, especially earth science. all because they was scared to look.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy