Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-03-2010, 12:17 PM         #121
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
Really.

So the cost of the craft, the cost of the fuel, the cost of the scientists and engineers spending years working on it, the cost of the research involved, the cost of maintaining the crew on earth who monitors the bots and make sure everything is going on fine ... all of that s**t is going to cost less than 1 trillion dollars? Really?

I could go ahead and disprove you but this would just be an argument about semantics.

My point is that it currently costs less to be on earth and do research here than it would to launch a bot in space and do the research via proxy. You're just going to argue about the overall price tag, but the fact is that research is cheaper than launching probes right now.
dude, it aint been even invented yet, i was gonna mention it in the previous post but it would be too much ether-isation

so you cant prove s**t. for all we know, INTER-STELLAR ( if im right in thinking its across huge distances, im probably wrong ) could cost next to nothing if we come up with a cheap, alternative fuel

and your on about probes, not manned flights, they are 2 different things

only reason im coming at you cos you seem to be acting like a c*cky twat for no reason

show me 1 robotic probe that has cost more than a trillion n ill give you a

oh and if you read my s**t, again, i wasnt disputing or saying you would have to travel huge distances, my original post stated that its good because you only have to do the research here since its on earth :) i argued against your point that whats the point in looking for something or some s**t like that if it hasnt been discovered.

*- I mis read the middle so disregard my manned flights bit, since you said crew i a.ssumed you were on about manned flights. Still, they cost next to nothing in terms of ratio compared to a billion.

Last edited by Sniggit; 12-03-2010 at 12:24 PM..
 12-03-2010, 12:22 PM         #122
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obviously i was not talking about the exact craft in the link. Did you look at the fiscal breakdowns of calculations and when costs become feasable? Thats probably an optimistic outlook, but it doesn't negate the fact that it costs too much to be launching right now. Too many dollar eggs in one basket.

We don't know everything about earth and the immediate space around us, whats the rush to blow so much cash on s**t that is nothing more than a status symbol?

A lot of the groundbreaking research about space comes from labs on earth, not probes in space. Do the math.
 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM         #123
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You gotta be trolling with all this bulls**t
 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM         #124
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Funny thing is that the more you guys post the more I can see y'all just a bunch of ignorant kids who are allergic to reading.

Talking bout the only way to know if the earth is round is by sailing it.

Where were you in Grade 5 science? You can make devices to observe the curvature of the earth with household materials.

Just stop arguing with me and do research. Lazy n*ggas want to launch robots to do it for us when the simple fact is that sitting down and reading a book and applying your mind can tell you a lot more than wasting time gambling on robots.

im a coding and computer nerd and trust me ... u really want to take my word on this one, if nothing else.
 12-03-2010, 12:30 PM         #125
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
You gotta be trolling with all this bulls**t

Wikipedia and all them dudes are in on it.
The whole internet conspired to troll some f**ktards on BX. That must be it.
 12-03-2010, 12:31 PM         #126
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
Obviously i was not talking about the exact craft in the link. Did you look at the fiscal breakdowns of calculations and when costs become feasable? Thats probably an optimistic outlook, but it doesn't negate the fact that it costs too much to be launching right now. Too many dollar eggs in one basket.

We don't know everything about earth and the immediate space around us, whats the rush to blow so much cash on s**t that is nothing more than a status symbol?

A lot of the groundbreaking research about space comes from labs on earth, not probes in space. Do the math.
As said again in my original post, if you can discover life and how it works ( and i didnt even start arguing or making my points about searching space for life via probes, i mentioned telescopes mainly with an explantion as to why :) as far as i can remember anyway ) then you can come up with things that would save lives & money, which is better than any amount of money man can come up with ie discovering new medicines.

How do we know the laws of physics dont change in different galaxies or at different distances? Only thing we know is what we have based on reality is from Earth. Just because Einstein and several other groundbreaking Physicians predicted ( and so far it makes sense ) physics, doesnt mean it applies everywhere for the fact we havnt even been there.

You may see it as a waste and just a status symbol if we pursued it, but me personally I dont. We should always be trying to break boundaries and the technology our species is capable of, if we dont well always be stuck in the s**thole we call life. Maybe something like an alien would actually make the world come together, because it doesnt matter where you are from, you will either see them as Gods or extra-terrestrial life forms, which will band together people and our species

blah i just went on

were kids? kids argue till theyre is no tomorrow which is what you are doing, your the one whos posted the most, so

and computer nerd and coder? why the f**k aint you computing and coding then? you been on boxden all fkn day

you must be camron if you think your a computer nerd

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Sniggit; 12-03-2010 at 12:35 PM..
 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM         #127
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We can do all the research in the world and still not get anywhere. We could explore all we want and still no get anywhere

Without doing both we are decreasing the odds of discovery
 12-03-2010, 12:37 PM         #128
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sniggit said:
As said again in my original post, if you can discover life and how it works ( and i didnt even start arguing or making my points about searching space for life via probes, i mentioned telescopes mainly with an explantion as to why :) as far as i can remember anyway ) then you can come up with things that would save lives & money, which is better than any amount of money man can come up with ie discovering new medicines.

How do we know the laws of physics dont change in different galaxies or at different distances? Only thing we know is what we have based on reality is from Earth. Just because Einstein and several other groundbreaking Physicians predicted ( and so far it makes sense ) physics, doesnt mean it applies everywhere for the fact we havnt even been there.

You may see it as a waste and just a status symbol if we pursued it, but me personally I dont. We should always be trying to break boundaries and the technology our species is capable of, if we dont well always be stuck in the s**thole we call life. Maybe something like an alien would actually make the world come together, because it doesnt matter where you are from, you will either see them as Gods or extra-terrestrial life forms, which will band together people and our species

blah i just went on

good! now we're getting a discussion going :)

I accept your point here and I agree with you.
It is beneficial to know the laws of physics we understand is really not universal but specific to our galaxy or solar system. I completely concede the most effective way to know is to send a bot there.

However this research comes at a cost. A cost that comes from people's tax dollars. The knowledge may be useful, but it doesn't affect us or our finances in this galaxy or solar system.

Thus, we can wait till its cheaper to do so (while still boning up on our knowledge and checking in efficient and affordable ways) while not bankrupting the nation to find out something that really could have waited.

We could have solved world hunger and fixed a lot of education systems so we can raise better scientists with the price tag of a couple probes. Those scientists in turn would have not wasted time thinking about making earth sustainable, they'd be focused on finding out whats going on out there and completing our knowledge of the galaxy or solar system we are in.
 12-03-2010, 12:40 PM         #129
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Do you think we should stop research into non essential medical fields and just throw every doctor on finding a way to cure aids as well? You think that would get a cure faster?
 12-03-2010, 12:42 PM         #130
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
We can do all the research in the world and still not get anywhere. We could explore all we want and still no get anywhere

Without doing both we are decreasing the odds of discovery
Hmmm.

First statement is a conditional statement. We already do research and we get a long way (case in point, original topic). We already know research will get us a long way but you're right. There is a chance it may not get us anywhere.

Second statement is conditional as well. Probes are good at detecting what they are built to detect and can communicate to us millions of miles out in space with reliability. They do get us a long way, but you're right. There is a chance it may not get us anywhere.

Third is straight up false. Those are just means to finding out the same thing. As long as we find out, it doesn't matter which route we took. We are not decreasing our chances by not doing both. Each has its unique benefits but at the end of the day they get to the same point.
 12-03-2010, 12:43 PM         #131
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:

Do you think we should stop research into non essential medical fields and just throw every doctor on finding a way to cure aids as well? You think that would get a cure faster?
strawman argument.

i dont find aids research is critical. its a disease that will eventually get eradicated.
its just a matter of time.
 12-03-2010, 12:47 PM         #132
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
good! now we're getting a discussion going :)

I accept your point here and I agree with you.
It is beneficial to know the laws of physics we understand is really not universal but specific to our galaxy or solar system. I completely concede the most effective way to know is to send a bot there.

However this research comes at a cost. A cost that comes from people's tax dollars. The knowledge may be useful, but it doesn't affect us or our finances in this galaxy or solar system.

Thus, we can wait till its cheaper to do so (while still boning up on our knowledge and checking in efficient and affordable ways) while not bankrupting the nation to find out something that really could have waited.

We could have solved world hunger and fixed a lot of education systems so we can raise better scientists with the price tag of a couple probes. Those scientists in turn would have not wasted time thinking about making earth sustainable, they'd be focused on finding out whats going on out there and completing our knowledge of the galaxy or solar system we are in.

Ill edit later cos i wana relax n have a drink, still not happy about your kids comment and then you suddenly act nice dude, your being to c*cky and im not being forceful but you should apologize for the way your posts have had a patronizing tone. Your the one who seems to be starting the sarcasm n d!ckness from what ive read

We could of solved world hunger if we didnt bail the banks with taxpayers dollars, its the way of life. Fact is most of that money goes to people in charge of the charities anyway, you could solve world hunger without money if you gave the incentive for people to work for free for their brothers.

Poverty and hunger is always going to be there, why?

People are born everyday and the human mind is so corrupt and volatile that no one will ever be perfect, so if you made everyone hungerless now, in 2 seconds theyre would be another disregarded baby that needs feeding.
 12-03-2010, 12:47 PM         #133
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pick a topic then

Throwing your eggs all in one basket is not the best way to solve anything...
 12-03-2010, 12:52 PM         #134
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sniggit said:
Ill edit later cos i wana relax n have a drink, still not happy about your kids comment and then you suddenly act nice dude, your being to c*cky and im not being forceful but you should apologize for the way your posts have had a patronizing tone. Your the one who seems to be starting the sarcasm n d!ckness from what ive read
You just said you didn't read all of that stuff cause it was too long. Want to revise your statement?

I will treat you with respect if you approach me with respect. You all have insinuated im stupid yet most have refused to address the fact or information presented. Worse yet, others have made shockingly ignorant statements and used that as argument to make it seem like im stupid, only for me to post a link and disprove their statement with the quickness.

I didn't ask them for an apology and I suggest you man up cause im not wiping your tears. Better lick that salt water and get to addressing the issue or stay away from discussions completely.
 7 years ago '04        #135
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 2028 2028
was just talking about this with my boss and he brought up an interesting point. The lake they found this from is less than 100 miles away from where we've done nuclear and other testing in nevade. Coincidence??
 7 years ago '05        #136
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7117 7117
at Meta in here playing victim acting as if we are a "group" that has the sole purpose of winning an argument with him .

I cannot even dignify you with a proper response, sorry bro. I'm honestly embarrassed for you .
 12-03-2010, 01:46 PM         #137
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 notoriousthugzz said:
was just talking about this with my boss and he brought up an interesting point. The lake they found this from is less than 100 miles away from where we've done nuclear and other testing in nevade. Coincidence??
probably is coincidence.

the fact is that it is just a simple case of adaptation or an evolutionary process but the implications is far reaching. this experiment can be replicated with the bacteria and right conditions. Radioactivity is not one of them.
 12-03-2010, 01:48 PM         #138
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
at Meta in here playing victim acting as if we are a "group" that has the sole purpose of winning an argument with him .

I cannot even dignify you with a proper response, sorry bro. I'm honestly embarrassed for you .
Be sorry for yourself. You are yet to post anything worth considering and as you can see your presence was not missed in the thread.

And save your embarrassment for yourself, concocting stories about me playing a victim. I came at every one of you directly, and y'all backed down.

Who's really the victim?
Me still in here with points you will never address or Camp Winslow, trying to find out why Im hurting their feelings?

7 years ago '05        #139
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7117 7117
Bro, you have literally been on an Internet forum arguing with a bunch of people you don't know, about a topic you have no impact on, since 8:14 AM. You have made 23 posts today in this thread alone so far trying to prove a point because you are afraid of looking like you lost an argument to damage your reputation on an internet forum .

You were up until 2:50 AM last night arguing with a different group of people about the same subject in the same thread. You literally got less then 6 hours of sleep, only to be glued to your computer screen with the...

[pic - click to view]

Going on.

It's truly pathetic. Like I said, I feel sorry for you, and I don't feel like multi-quoting all 23 of your posts from today in this thread and sitting here wasting an hour of my time making you look like an idiot, because that has already been done by several people in the past 7 hours.

Under your avy, it says you are retiring from Boxden. Take your pseudo-intellectual a.ss and log the f**k off. Weren't you the one who created that "Real Life" thread? Go live it, God damn.
 12-03-2010, 02:04 PM         #140
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All that typing after you were embarrassed for me and yet you still can not address the issue of research versus exploration.

if you must know, i work for myself. i work on my own time. i get paid well for what i do and my clients are happy with pretty much everything i've put out. i can choose to take a day off and f**k around and constantly do so whenever i can afford to.

i work hard, read a lot and play hard.
and ive enjoyed playing with you guys for a while. i could go make some money right now, but i think ill take a bit longer, kick my feet up and see if anyone else wants to actually talk about science (which i love doing and do all the time) or if yall want some therapy (which i will have to charge you for).
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy