most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
at Meta getting f**king owned over an entire page .

at you saying Columbus' chances were better then an NBA player making a 3 point shot.

12-02-2010, 10:56 PM         #82
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
at Meta getting f**king owned over an entire page .
By owned you mean you guys not addressing the fundamental points, just chanting "rush to space" when you can't even properly explain what you are looking for. You must think it is easy to write programs for machines the way you expect it to identify things you can not even imagine at the moment.

Or the stupidest argument about Columbus when Phoenicians and Vikings did the same thing (if not more) with smaller boats.

Reppindaburghh you like to act like you're really smart but it doesn't take much to see you're just some arrogant clown who can not actually accept your idea is stupid.
If not then please explain where I'm not making sense so I can break it down and we can end this back and forth quickly.
 12-02-2010, 11:03 PM         #83
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its so ridiculous what you take from the columbus example.
 7 years ago '05        #84
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 Metalzoa said:
By owned you mean you guys not addressing the fundamental points, just chanting "rush to space" when you can't even properly explain what you are looking for. You must think it is easy to write programs for machines the way you expect it to identify things you can not even imagine at the moment.

Or the stupidest argument about Columbus when Phoenicians and Vikings did the same thing (if not more) with smaller boats.

Reppindaburghh you like to act like you're really smart but it doesn't take much to see you're just some arrogant clown who can not actually accept your idea is stupid.
If not then please explain where I'm not making sense so I can break it down and we can end this back and forth quickly.
Hold up why all of a sudden did you decide to start using (almost) proper grammar after typing like an 11th grader for the past 2 pages?

:hmm:

It's past midnight though and I've been at the bar watching the Heat game for several hours. I'm gonna hold off on this thread till I'm sober tomorrow.

12-02-2010, 11:11 PM         #85
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
its so ridiculous what you take from the columbus example.
Whether it is ridiculous or not, it is simple fact that YOU did not take from it and refuse to look at because that is not what you want to get from it.

Its clear you enjoy ignorance when you're here arguing why it makes sense not to research before exploring space.
 12-02-2010, 11:13 PM         #86
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Hold up why all of a sudden did you decide to start using (almost) proper grammar after typing like an 11th grader for the past 2 pages?

It's past midnight though and I've been at the bar watching the Heat game for several hours. I'm gonna hold off on this thread till I'm sober tomorrow.

drunk enough not to stay on topic but sober enough to study my typing patterns for the last two pages huh

yea ok.
call me when you're ready to stick to the issue about exploring space vs research.
 12-02-2010, 11:38 PM         #87
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look at the amount of time and science we have spent just to find out that life can exist in the absence of phosphorus. Previously all our detection would require all the pre-conceived 6 notions required for life. Now we have to write algorithms and provide equipment to detect if tte object being analyzed for life is using substitute elements or if it exists even if in absence of any of the 6 or alternatives.

It basically changes everything right down to HOW we look for alien life. It pays to identify properly before heading out based on a.ssumptions and ignorance.
 12-03-2010, 12:52 AM         #88
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Are you trying to say just because we don't know what to look for we shouldn't go looking?There could be new elements that alien life is made of, which would make that pointless...
 12-03-2010, 12:56 AM         #89
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No.

Im saying go looking when you have a better idea of what to look for.
 12-03-2010, 01:10 AM         #90
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And we could potentially never know what to look for...
 12-03-2010, 01:25 AM         #91
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess that means we shouldn't try to find out by researching then huh.

Im sure it wasn't research that just helped us broaden our scope on aliens.

Research is definitely not the reason why we are having this discussion about aliens. Its because we went out in the world and just walked around not knowing what to look for.
 12-03-2010, 01:28 AM         #92
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I detect sarcasm but I feel like your being an idiot so I can't even tell what your trying to be sarcastic about
 12-03-2010, 01:50 AM         #93
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess if you're the one having trouble keeping up then Im the idiot ;)

Run along now, alias.

You can't say I haven't played with you long enough.
 7 years ago '07        #94
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
 Metalzoa said:
his gamble had a lower chance of failure than most NBA players have in landing a 3 pointer.
lolwatwat

Columbus was looking for India for starters, so actually he failed.

But I won't go into further details with you. I actually just lost a lot of respect from you reading this post. I know you're going to start getting mad and start name-calling or whatever but I refuse to even engage with members of the board who share the same thought processes you have.

Last edited by Eddie..; 12-03-2010 at 07:13 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #95
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
And by thought processes I mean obviously trying to win an argument vs. hearing people out and understanding that's its ok to have a less logical view on things from time to time.

I have debated with people and understood their points and even occasionally concede defeat. It's nothing wrong with learning new information and adjusting views.

I will be the first to tell you I'm not perfect. I'll be the last to speak out the side of my neck to appear to win an argument.
 12-03-2010, 07:26 AM         #96
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:
lolwatwat

Columbus was looking for India for starters, so actually he failed.
This is my point exactly.

He started off looking for India and completely failed, but the reality is that its not really hard to discover continents on the ocean if you use common sense. He discovered two continents by accident (Spanish beat him to the second, but it didn't mean he didn't still find it by accident).

He failed in finding the precise continent he was looking for, but ended up finding other continents since its that easy to find them. Eddie ill be the first to tell you quickly that nobody's respect here means anything to me. I haven't even addressed you and you're catching feelings?

Aiight I guess Reppindaburgh and I are sworn enemies now cause we bumped heads over an issue then. :rolleyes:

Don't come at me on this sentimental tip bout respect and looking at you differently. If you want to talk about logic, science and fact ... use those as your primary driver. Once you stop talking about that, the rest is just irrelevant drivel that you could pm me about instead of make a public situation.
 12-03-2010, 07:33 AM         #97
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i guess its ok to have a less logical view, but then act like your view is correct and everyone else is stupid is a tad arrogant.

I came in here and I watched the topic, agreed with a lesser view and pointed out arguments can be made and you guys would end up looking stupid, but I won;t even step in. Even when Repp came at me sideways I let him know I saw the sarcasm but I'll still play objectively.

Once the insults came out the Streets in me came out and now everyone is acting hurt.
Dont start what you can't finish is my point. Do research before shooting other people down.

Y'all aren't able to address me on the research end so you're coming at the issue sideways.

Explain why it makes more sense to spend trillions making inferior technology now when we could be spending millions (or hundred thousands) 100 years from now, mass producing probes that do a way better detection job than what we can do now.

Do that for me and we're straight.
 7 years ago '07        #98
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
I'm not catching feelings at all, in fact I feel dumb for even responding. You're stance is to win an argument.

Like for instance, what probes are you talking about? Only probes I know of are sent out to gather information about objects in our solar system, I can't think of a probe sent out with the sole mission to find an alien being.

That's why I asked if you and whoever else was "debating", if that's what you want to call it, my point wanted to put a halt to searching for new information on other celestial objects, and continue searching in a lab for different a combination that could POSSIBLY exist?

Should we start exploring knowing one (now two) definite ways to start with or should we just sit here and wait a hundred years to try and find other ways here on Earth, even though we are admittedly acknowledging that there are infinite combos anyway?
 12-03-2010, 08:15 AM         #99
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:
I'm not catching feelings at all, in fact I feel dumb for even responding. You're stance is to win an argument.
My stance is to point out that you guys are stupid, but you're relying on group appeal to sell your idea. Address the issue directly and we can have a discussion. Too many Urkels on your team, that's why your wins low.

Eddie.. said:
Like for instance, what probes are you talking about? Only probes I know of are sent out to gather information about objects in our solar system, I can't think of a probe sent out with the sole mission to find an alien being.

The process of detecting life is complicated (since we can't really define life to a machine) so we have to use them to collect information and we make the objective analysis ourselves.

So no ... there are no probes with a sole mission to find alien life. The probes are sent to collect soil, atmospheric and other related data so we can calculate and determine if it is worth a closer look or not.

Eddie.. said:
That's why I asked if you and whoever else was "debating", if that's what you want to call it, my point wanted to put a halt to searching for new information on other celestial objects, and continue searching in a lab for different a combination that could POSSIBLY exist?
I guess that is not included under my argument for research before launching probes huh.
Ok then.

Eddie.. said:
Should we start exploring knowing one (now two) definite ways to start with or should we just sit here and wait a hundred years to try and find other ways here on Earth, even though we are admittedly acknowledging that there are infinite combos anyway?
Yes.

We may know there are infinite combos, but how can you explain that to a robot several millions of miles out in space so that you can make the most of your research time and dollars? If our former breakdown of what life is has been found to be faulty, why would you continue working on that principle when you know its broken?

Revise your search criteria ... get the best minds to look over it and come to a workable consensus then send a better equipped and smarter probe.
 12-03-2010, 08:32 AM         #100
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me put this in idiot-friendly terms:

You are browsing circle jerk pr0n like you normally do, and you get a virus. You run Norton Antivirus and it returns with no virus found.

Do you:

i. re-run the scan and hope it finds it this time
ii. update the virus definition list before re-running the scan

Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy