Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-02-2010, 07:06 PM         #61
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ calling it alien just to get some attention

and even calling it an astrobiological discovery
 12-02-2010, 07:08 PM         #62
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And this idiot went ahead to say he's glad im not on the board in charge of exploration.

Okay .. so doing a bit of research before we go out there is a stupid plan?

You sound like the type of idiot who thought it would be a good idea to make boats with wings so when they sail off the edge of the world they can fly and come back.

Do some research and learn what the world really looks like before wasting time to build boats with wings, f**got.
 7 years ago '04        #63
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,632 | Props total: 3163 3163
 Storchaveli said:
This is pretty interesting. It's gonna be like the movie Evolution with organisms mutating and growing fast, crawling inside people and s**t.

i wonder if n*ggas remeber that those organisms that they found in Evolution also was made up of arsenic....
 12-02-2010, 07:40 PM         #64
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dos-effect 'disagreeing' with Eddie yet to dense to realize he actually is agreeing with him.

I've said this years ago though, about life having a different chemical composition. I'm no chemist/biologist, but it always bothered me that they(scientist) insist that carbon based life-forms were the ones they only bothered to look for. I mean it makes sense because we've only found carbon based life. But this is a rather significant find. This could potentially increase the likelihood of life in outer space by order of magnitudes.
 12-02-2010, 07:49 PM         #65
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
precisely.

you want to launch machines out there to look with our primitive knowledge, each project costing trillions of dollars and incalculable man and computing power and other resources to launch probes that:

i. may not actually be able to detect the life forms it encounters
ii. may not actually encounter any life form for thousands of years
iii. may never encounter life

As opposed to Dos and I's perspective where we should broaden our scope as wide as possible (while our technology is getting better and cheaper to mass produce) so by the time we are confident in our understanding of life, we can effectively search far and near (maybe even visit?) when we discover life.
ya but come on. i mean aint this exactly what they taught us about columbus or any other explorer. how they didnt know exactly where they were going, exactly how far it took them to get there or anything. basically i. ii. ii. to some extent.

our knowledge is limited to our experiences. so it would be hard to sit here on earth and try to understand how broad life might be.

my perspective is, we could have sat where we were and said lets not explore earth til we know more, but exploring is what advanced us faster then we could have ever dreamed of. even if we stay here(on earth) and advance all aspects of our technology we are still limited, because we are limiting ourselves to our own experiences. meaning if we would have sat around and advanced our tech. thousands of years ago just to explore earth we wouldnt have experienced a lot of animals, insects, life in the oceans, etc. for how many years. which would have slowed us down in the end.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-02-2010 at 08:02 PM..
 12-02-2010, 08:02 PM         #66
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
ya but come on. i mean aint this exactly what they taught us about columbus or any other explorer. how they didnt know exactly where they were going, exactly how far it took them to get there or anything. basically i. ii. ii. to some extent.

our knowledge is limited to our experiences. so it would be hard to sit here on earth and try to understand how broad life might be.
so is that supposed to justify spending money to go out there on the chance that we might run into one that we might be able to detect in a timeline that might not be great progress in science?

before you go out there galivanting the universe like some bad tv show, first spend the time researching and understanding. You must not realize how many scientists and dollars are dedicated to this project. We could use 1/10th of that to focus on learning to understand all the possible permutations of "life" before we send out inferior devices out there to find it.

do you realize it is possible that there are aliens right here on earth but we just don't have the capability to detect them? if you can not tell me for certain there are no aliens on earth without a doubt, then the odds are you will not be able to correctly tell me if there are aliens in space, where they are and what type they are.

Abraham Lincoln once said (and I paraphrase) if his task was to chop down a tree, he would spend 60% of the time sharpening the axe. Why? Because it will maximize the efficiency of that cutting time.

If you want to find aliens, first understand all you can possibly know about them before building devices to try and detect them.
 12-02-2010, 08:11 PM         #67
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but aint what your saying exactly what they told columbus. just out there gallivanting the oceans like an idiot spending money that could be used elsewhere

youre telling us not to use resources similar to columbus. but in the end didnt he find enough resources to advance us faster then if we sat around. thats all im saying

Last edited by Ni2; 12-02-2010 at 08:16 PM..
 12-02-2010, 08:17 PM         #68
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok so you want to compare sailing a boat on an ocean to find a whole continent or two with the odds of finding life given these conditions?

i really hope you don't gamble because you will lose all your money very quickly.

what exactly is the rush to pay trillions of dollars today when we can launch out 50 years from now with better technology, better knowledge and lower cost overall? seriously.

are you willing to bet if the probe launches today it will find life in the next 50 years or something?
 12-02-2010, 08:18 PM         #69
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we arent just looking for life tho, we dont know what is out there. columbus wasnt looking for america

and yes thats exactly what im comparing it to. what were the chances of him finding a new continent or two, slim to none? i mean given the knowledge of people at the time.

these probes that look for life are also taking pictures sending us info about all kinds of things. how limited would our knowledge of the universe be without them.

youre viewing sailing an ocean as such an easy task, which back then they didnt have a f**king clue where they was, how far or long it took to get there, anything.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-02-2010 at 08:23 PM..
 12-02-2010, 08:29 PM         #70
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
we arent just looking for life tho, we dont know what is out there. columbus wasnt looking for america

and yes thats exactly what im comparing it to. what were the chances of him finding a new continent or two, slim to none? i mean given the knowledge of people at the time.

these probes that look for life are also taking pictures sending us info about all kinds of things. how limited would our knowledge of the universe be without them.

youre viewing sailing an ocean as such an easy task, which back then they didnt have a f**king clue where they was, how far or long it took to get there, anything.
please dont be an idiot.

people have crossed the same distance (if not more) in smaller crafts. a continent is damn near impossible to miss as long as you sail AWAY from where you started from.
it doesn't matter what their general knowledge at the time is ... the fact is that continents are actually pretty easy to discover if you get out there and apply some knowledge.

therein lies the problem: you are discounting the importance of getting knowledge and think it is justifiable to waste people's money and scientific minds or resources to go on a gamble when you can just do research and work smarter not harder.

but im sure you feel like no progress is being made unless we are firing probes into space, no matter hoe inferior or low the actual success rate.
 12-02-2010, 08:33 PM         #71
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it completely matters what their general knowledge of the time was because thats exactly what you are arguing.

do you not see how much of a gamble columbus was. he discovered faster trade routes, more resources, besides all that other s**t. you simply dont know what they could find if they were looking thats the point, but you dont want to look.

was it justifiable all the money columbus wasted, the answer is obviously yes. so you gotta learn from history man. you cant just sit around and care about something as stupid as money. f**k money, money aint the problem with why people are starving and whatnot, the underlining problem is nobody cares. but since money must be an issue jsut imagine if they discovered a new form of energy or something, then we can save all that f**king money on rocket fuel.

columbus discovered s**t he wasnt even looking for. how can you do that if you arent looking. did those trade routes not advance us faster then if we sat around.

you can sit there and say, oh continents are huge obviously theyd be seen, but how, how can you see something if you arent looking.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-02-2010 at 08:43 PM..
 12-02-2010, 08:38 PM         #72
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the odds of columbus failing was slim to none. follow the sun rising and setting, you will eventually get to a continent. vikings did it. a lot of primitive cultures did it. why is columbus' any more significant? simply because it was the first noted one in recorded history.

his gamble had a lower chance of failure than most NBA players have in landing a 3 pointer.

i dont know if you're trying to address the real point that the odds are slim to none that we will detect life with our expensive yet inferior technology or you're too busy trying to draw parallels between columbus like that will justify what is clearly a bad idea ... but imma let you finish.
 7 years ago '04        #73
TBX 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,936 | Props total: 609 609
f**kin' Boxden where great threads get bloated by pions.

Anyways, this is gigantic, the string of discoveries this year alone is unbelievable! Trapping Dark Matter for a significant amount of time and carbonless life in the span of 1 month! Holy s**t!
 12-02-2010, 08:54 PM         #74
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
are you serious. do you just not want to give up your stance. i mean look, the odds of him failing were extremely great. if you dont know distances you could run out of supplies and die.

exactly because he is known for it so he is used as an example.

you really cant possibly think his odds were greater then someone making a 3 pointer. you know what you can believe that, because hindsight. general knowledge of the people of the time said he was crazy, the whole point.

clearly what columbus did was a bad idea just like you say exploring space is. why would he have to go to such lengths just to get funding if its such a good idea. i guess it falls back to hindsight, general knowledge of the time but now its just getting redundant so im done.

do you not understand how inferior sail boats are to cross large distances with no real knowledge of how far that distance is.
 12-02-2010, 09:19 PM         #75
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
are you serious. do you just not want to give up your stance. i mean look, the odds of him failing were extremely great. if you dont know distances you could run out of supplies and die.

exactly because he is known for it so he is used as an example.

you really cant possibly think his odds were greater then someone making a 3 pointer. you know what you can believe that, because hindsight. general knowledge of the people of the time said he was crazy, the whole point.

clearly what columbus did was a bad idea just like you say exploring space is. why would he have to go to such lengths just to get funding if its such a good idea. i guess it falls back to hindsight, general knowledge of the time but now its just getting redundant so im done.

do you not understand how inferior sail boats are to cross large distances with no real knowledge of how far that distance is.
Seeing as your arrogance is excessive, trying reading this before responding.

12-02-2010, 09:27 PM         #76
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^what exactly is the relevance of that

isnt the point of it they ventured off where noone else would go, ultimately leading to better trading or advancing there civilization faster then if they sat around learning about the ocean

Last edited by Ni2; 12-02-2010 at 09:32 PM..
 12-02-2010, 09:43 PM         #77
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you think columbus' work was so hard when it wasn't even difficult with the right knowledge and pretty much any boat.

the same way you think sending probes is the best or most productive way .. you just need a little bit more knowledge and you can save money while being more resourceful.

u can give the n*gga a space probe but you can't take the idiot out of the n*gga.
 12-02-2010, 09:46 PM         #78
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no you have just turned this into something else to win an argument. obviously my point was he discovered things he wasnt even looking for, also finding more resources and trade routes. which you cant do if you are sitting around studying the ocean.

just look at the phoenicians, they would have died if they didnt venture off into the ocean. you think they knew much about it.

when they started putting all there resources into the ocean, building boats and s**t, dont you think a bunch of people was like hold up, we could do what we know already and hope that works, but in the end its what saved them, or made them more resourceful.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-02-2010 at 09:57 PM..
 12-02-2010, 09:57 PM         #79
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ni2 is right you need to give up
 7 years ago '06        #80
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,425 | Props total: 3136 3136
I've always thought it didn't make sense that scientists knew what to look for when it comes to life outside of our planet, cuz i bet there is a s**tload of different things that make up the "building blocks" for life outside of what we know. Also the estimate for 300 s3xtillion or whatever stars is dumb as s**t, i guarantee theres alot more than that, are our scientists really this damn dumb to be making a.ssumptions like these?
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
48 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
159 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy