most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
eric wright 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 552 552
 YOUNGZERO said:
Can't we all just drop ACID and get along?
thats what im sayin!
 7 years ago '07        #42
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 Dos-effect said:
Thats why we wont find aliens.......we keep think we are the key to life and looking for all these planets that are like ours........that s**t is dumb.......we are not the center of life just a small yet signifcant aspect of it......sooner we realize that the sooner we can evolve to a higher conciousness.....and stop destroying ourselves out of pride and arrogance
That's kind of the point of this finding. Initially, the search was to see if any planets could sustain life as we know it. But finding something that exists with different components is key to understanding how and if it could survive in other atmospheres.

I remember I questioned a professor on this in junior high, and he looked at me like I was crazy. I wanted to know if just because we couldn't survive elsewhere, if it also meant something else -- genetically different -- couldn't. Eventually, he said "Sure, it's possible," but the self-centered nature of humanity ended the discussion.

It's pretty basic, look at all the different forms of life on earth and how we co-exist. Since the majority of us accept evolution and natural selection, why can't we accept that as true in other atmospheres?

EDIT: Looks like I'm late to the party here. Y'all have fun.

Last edited by KeithHernandez; 12-02-2010 at 03:52 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #44
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,338 | Props total: 380 380
 Dos-effect said:
Thats why we wont find aliens.......we keep think we are the key to life and looking for all these planets that are like ours........that s**t is dumb.......we are not the center of life just a small yet signifcant aspect of it......sooner we realize that the sooner we can evolve to a higher conciousness.....and stop destroying ourselves out of pride and arrogance

scientists have speculated for a while that life could exists in forms unrecognizable to us. one in particular is life based on silicon instead of carbon. the problem is that it's difficult to get funding for that kind of research. nasa has a pretty small budget and it's gotten even smaller just recently so they really can't afford to take risks. they're more likely to take the safe route.
 7 years ago '04        #45
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
I never understood why water was the key to all life

how we know there isn't an alien life form that thrives off of radon gas or something

and why in movies are all the aliens always evil or all of them are all good...like why can't some of them be cool and some be jerks...think about it folks...think about it
 7 years ago '05        #46
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 Metalzoa said:
i could point out why you're the stupid one and Dos is actually making more sense than you and your camp but I'll let this go on a little longer.
Enlighten me, oh great one.
 7 years ago '07        #47
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
I never understood why water was the key to all life

how we know there isn't an alien life form that thrives off of radon gas or something

and why in movies are all the aliens always evil or all of them are all good...like why can't some of them be cool and some be jerks...think about it folks...think about it

cell's are made up of 90% water. it's needed for many metabolic processes.

plants use water, light and C02 to produce sugar and oxygen (which is released into the atmosphere and we breathe in)

there's other reasons as well.
 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM         #48
GrimRah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 614FACE said:
this s**t is stupid. normal people with real problems dont care about s**t like this to make it a big announcement. i guess ill have to watch it to understand wht the big deal is.

What real problems, like how most of world is two fuxxin stupid to see that total unification through less sub-culture B.S is the way to go. Most of the problems you think are serious is really a result of petty bickering by the ADULTS OF EARTH. Most of the time it's a case of pure Coward-ess of top officials and those wh oare too greedy to admit defeat. If only those at the head of the line would just move on to the back and keep the rotation going. Naw they want to stay at the head of the line, already satisfied and still stay there, while so many others starve, and support the greedies in the front. Just don't make sense.
 7 years ago '07        #49
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
lol, I'm considered a whole camp
 12-02-2010, 04:55 PM         #50
GrimRah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 young moolah said:

plants use water, light and C02 to produce sugar and oxygen (which is released into the atmosphere and we breathe in)

Ok, but how do you explain the sun. Its a living thing and has not water....
 7 years ago '04        #51
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
 young moolah said:

that's true for our environment and our understanding but why can there be a galaxy with ecosystems with life based on other stuff

it could be a bunch of 7 foot mofos walking around on a planet that drinks acid to live
 7 years ago '07        #52
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
 GrimRah said:
Ok, but how do you explain the sun. Its a living thing and has not water....
the sun is not a living thing.
 12-02-2010, 05:16 PM         #53
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Since you asked so nicely (or was that sarcasm? hmm) I'll share my thoughts.

1. The point is to find life outside earth
2. If we can not correctly define life, what exactly are we spending money to look for?
 7 years ago '10        #54
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
interesting
 7 years ago '06        #55
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18801 18801
wtf....they gonna start the disclosure process here? I guess it makes sense, but damn, they better move it along pretty quick...
 7 years ago '05        #56
space
space
 NO RELIGION said:
too many Urkels in your camp...that's why you're a Winslow

(B4 any of you pull your panties down and hop on my d!ck I was joking. I know how the punchline goes)

I messaged you back, by the way.
 7 years ago '05        #57
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
Since you asked so nicely (or was that sarcasm? hmm) I'll share my thoughts.

1. The point is to find life outside earth
2. If we can not correctly define life, what exactly are we spending money to look for?
1. Correct
2. As Eddie said, are you saying we should just halt the entire process because we don't know every kind of evolutionary process possible? Waste decades/centuries studying different types of ways that life could possibly evolve before trying to look for life that we already know is possible? If so, then I'm glad your not at the head of any of these agencies. They barely have a budget in the grand scheme of things as it is. If the government devoted more money to those types of programs then they could do both at once as aggressively as they should be. You are telling me you have the mindset of, "Well since we don't know every evolutionary process that is conceivable, we should just give up and not look for anything at all."

That was the original point of the debate, it seems as though that is the stance that you guys are taking.
 7 years ago '05        #58
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,029 | Props total: 1226 1226
Is this honestly really news? As said by many scientist over again .."The human mind will never be able to understand what it has not yet discovered" and "Things that are impossible are only impossible to us who have not yet deemed it possible"

We think we know everything when we really dont know s**t there is millions of years of discoveries we will never scratch the surface of
 12-02-2010, 06:45 PM         #59
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im surprised you guys arent mad they are looking for life farther then we can ever reach, on some we need to invent better tech. before we even look that far argument.
 12-02-2010, 07:03 PM         #60
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
1. Correct
2. As Eddie said, are you saying we should just halt the entire process because we don't know every kind of evolutionary process possible? Waste decades/centuries studying different types of ways that life could possibly evolve before trying to look for life that we already know is possible?
precisely.

you want to launch machines out there to look with our primitive knowledge, each project costing trillions of dollars and incalculable man and computing power and other resources to launch probes that:

i. may not actually be able to detect the life forms it encounters
ii. may not actually encounter any life form for thousands of years
iii. may never encounter life

As opposed to Dos and I's perspective where we should broaden our scope as wide as possible (while our technology is getting better and cheaper to mass produce) so by the time we are confident in our understanding of life, we can effectively search far and near (maybe even visit?) when we discover life.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
239 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
92 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy