Dec 2 - NASA Finds Alien DNA in California

most viewed right now
 154
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 59
May 20 - Europeans Clown US Gun Violence & The NRA - #MAGA
64 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 59
Video inside This was by far the best catfish
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 55
NBA Dude looking like he might take something smh
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 12-02-2010, 11:58 AM         #21
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.....so instead of making all this money so we can look at all this logical explinations of life. We need to focus on us and how we can possibly form some sort of unity for our race.

Thatís all Iím saying. We can look and look and look, but if we are looking for aliens like us then itís a wild goose chase. Because real aliens are not coming from earth life planets and their journey to get to an existence in life will most likely be nothing at all like ours


point stated look,read....STFU
 7 years ago '07        #22
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 1724 1724
 Dos-effect said:
read....
:hmm:

its weird how you obviously did this with my posts, but yet don't understand how dumb you look?

I don't understand you at all whatsoever. I understand what you're saying, because its actually what I'm saying, but what I don't understand is how you can not see what I'm saying.
 7 years ago '05        #23
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
 Dos-effect said:
.....so instead of making all this money so we can look at all this logical explinations of life. We need to focus on us and how we can possibly form some sort of unity for our race.

Thatís all Iím saying. We can look and look and look, but if we are looking for aliens like us then itís a wild goose chase. Because real aliens are not coming from earth life planets and their journey to get to an existence in life will most likely be nothing at all like ours


point stated look,read....STFU
You are acting as if there are not Earth like planets out there. We already know of some, and I'm sure there are thousands of earth like planets out there considering there are billions of planets. So that is where you start your search. It's common sense.

And what are you talking about when you say unity for our race? Are you suggesting "world peace," etc? Because if so, you are living in a fantasy world. We have a better chance of finding intelligent life out in the universe in our life time then achieving world peace in our life time. There has never been, and never will be, world peace. That's just human nature.
 7 years ago '05        #24
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
 Eddie.. said:
:hmm:

its weird how you obviously did this with my posts, but yet don't understand how dumb you look?

I don't understand you at all whatsoever. I understand what you're saying, because its actually what I'm saying, but what I don't understand is how you can not see what I'm saying.
 7 years ago '07        #25
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 1724 1724
or did you read my post? :hmm:
 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM         #26
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look stop sucking each other d!cks and comprehend we are taking 2 different stances. you are for looking for life on other planets that might resemble ours that WE WILL NEVER get to(who is in a fantasy world).......by the terms of what we know as human beings because you believe we have to start somewhere


I DONT CARE ABOUT LOOKING FOR PLANETS that are like ours, or the ailens that may or may not be on them because I dont believe we will ever find anything relatable to what we know as humans......two different stances in fact polar opposites

and by the way you 2 n*ggas are dumb and seem to get off thinking your smarter then others........you spend more time attempting to make them look dumb......but you fail to even acknoweledge thier arguments and objections have nothing to do with the other persons statements only your own........for that your both over zealous and a**holes.......and utterly retarded
 7 years ago '04        #27
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,787 | Props total: 493 493
The easiest way to make a point is to state it in 2-3 sentences or less. I've never seen so many contradictory statements involving people who are disagreeing to disagree in my entire life. For f**k sake people!
 7 years ago '07        #28
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 1724 1724
I mean I'm not going to argue my own point lol, I would just like to understand how he doesn't see that it is the same point, except he feels that its wasting time and I do not feel this way.

But he keeps saying "AS WE KNOW IT" as if I'm not the person who just worded it that way obviously on purpose lol.
 12-02-2010, 01:13 PM         #29
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't we all just drop ACID and get along?
 7 years ago '05        #30
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
 Dos-effect said:
Look stop sucking each other d!cks and comprehend we are taking 2 different stances. you are for looking for life on other planets that might resemble ours that WE WILL NEVER get to(who is in a fantasy world).......by the terms of what we know as human beings because you believe we have to start somewhere


I DONT CARE ABOUT LOOKING FOR PLANETS that are like ours, or the ailens that may or may not be on them because I dont believe we will ever find anything relatable to what we know as humans......two different stances in fact polar opposites

and by the way you 2 n*ggas are dumb and seem to get off thinking your smarter then others........you spend more time attempting to make them look dumb......but you fail to even acknoweledge thier arguments and objections have nothing to do with the other persons statements only your own........for that your both over zealous and a**holes.......and utterly retarded



Just go ahead and k!ll yourself. Get it over with.
 7 years ago '04        #31
mainevent23 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$438 | Props total: 1346 1346

[pic - click to view]



NASA scientists have discovered an entirely new form of life that shares no biological building blocks with anything currently known on Earth, the agency said today.

In a press conference held at NASA's Washington D.C. headquarters, scientists announced that they had discovered a new form of bacteria, known as GFAJ-1, in California's Mono Lake that has DNA completely foreign to anything ever before found on Earth. It substitutes arsenic at the DNA level for phosphorus.

That would distinguish it from every other form of life known to man, all of which, no matter how diverse, is comprised of the same six elements, phosphorus, sulfur, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. But the bacteria found in Mono Lake--which is known for its unusual chemistry, including very high levels of salinity, alkalinity, and arsenic--is made partly of arsenic, and has no phosphorus in its DNA.

"We've discovered an organism that can substitute one element for another," said Felisa Wolfe-Simon, a NASA astrobiology research fellow at the U.S. Geological Survey in Menlo Park, Calif. "We've cracked open the door to what's possible for life elsewhere in the universe.

Although there had been speculation that NASA's announcement would revolve around life--perhaps bacteria--found elsewhere, such as Mars, the news does keep us here on Earth.



But Wolfe-Simon said that by discovering a microbe that has a new form of DNA, it forces scientists to question what they've long held as true--that all life was based on the same six components.

"The newly discovered microbe, strain GFAJ-1, is a member of a common group of bacteria, the Gammaproteobacteria," NASA wrote in a release. "In the laboratory, the researchers successfully grew microbes from the lake on a diet that was very lean on phosphorus, but included generous helpings of arsenic. When researchers removed the phosphorus and replaced it with arsenic, the microbes continued to grow. Subsequent analyses indicated that the arsenic was being used to produce the building blocks of new GFAJ-1 cells."

NASA feels that this discovery is important because it will help scientists with many areas of future research, such as the "study of Earth's evolution, organic chemistry, biogeochemical cycles, disease mitigation, and Earth system research. These findings also will open up new frontiers in microbiology and other areas of research."


Source:
 7 years ago '09        #32
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
Agreeing with Eddie and Reppin on this one. Yall are agreeing to disagree to only kinda agree. We had to base some of the search on what we absolutely know works for life at the same time keep an open mind that life as we know it, isn't life as we know it else where. We had no basis of information previously to 100% support these claims however, so it was all guess work and scientific speculation in the end. Now that we know 100% for sure our biological make up isn't the only possible make up, even here on earth, it definately expands the search and makes it alot more hopeful, exciting, and less feeling of us wasting time, money, and resources up there poking around.


Last edited by Acid Rap; 12-02-2010 at 01:53 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #33
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
The other two threads at the top of the page already full of conversation about this weren't good enough for you?



 12-02-2010, 02:02 PM         #34
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's a good look :)
 12-02-2010, 02:06 PM         #35
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
You are acting as if there are not Earth like planets out there. We already know of some, and I'm sure there are thousands of earth like planets out there considering there are billions of planets. So that is where you start your search. It's common sense.

And what are you talking about when you say unity for our race? Are you suggesting "world peace," etc? Because if so, you are living in a fantasy world. We have a better chance of finding intelligent life out in the universe in our life time then achieving world peace in our life time. There has never been, and never will be, world peace. That's just human nature.
i could point out why you're the stupid one and Dos is actually making more sense than you and your camp but I'll let this go on a little longer.
 7 years ago '08        #36
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,706 | Props total: 140 140
WOW! Alien dna in Cali? This is no surprise at all, California has alot of aliens and we call them Mexicans.
 7 years ago '06        #37
johnny 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,180 | Props total: 341 341
softening the blow
 12-02-2010, 02:19 PM         #38
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Common sense of what? The reason you know the color red is cause you were taught to recogonize that color as red, there is no such thing as a universal code. Because everything you know is from a human perspective, even the definition of space itsself and all of its variables. Thats not to say that red would not be red if you could recogonize it, but your brain will process what it is taught.

So imagine the odds of what our brains dont see because of what it is not computed to see, understand. Its a dummy mission, if life is truly undefinable then why do we feel we can define it? Because what we are looking for can literraly be right in front of our eyes, but we cant see it, taste it, smell it, or even hear it because our brains are wired to recogonize that which doesnt exist in this world.
 Dos-effect said:
Im not agreeing with anything at all, his statement is use what we know to find we dont,

My argument is even with everything we know, we are literally setting ourselves up for fauilure because we are a aspect of life, not the epitome of it. Every single solitary thing we know is derrived from our own personal knowledge. Space, the past, time, colors, math, music........all of this is of our society. Now hile some may argue that these aspect of us have to be universal.....I think it is very likely its not. You cannot put our logic and sense to anything that exist outside of this our life on this planet because LIFE CANNOT BE DEFINED.....so instead of making all this money so we can look at all this logical explinations of life. We need to focus on us and how we can possibly form some sort of unity for our race.
its amazing how he typed so much and yet managed to say nothing
 7 years ago '06        #39
Storchaveli 96 heat pts96
space
avatar space
space
$28,301 | Props total: 5324 5324
This is pretty interesting. It's gonna be like the movie Evolution with organisms mutating and growing fast, crawling inside people and s**t.


[video - click to view]


 Eddie.. said:
:hmm:

its weird how you obviously did this with my posts, but yet don't understand how dumb you look?

I don't understand you at all whatsoever. I understand what you're saying, because its actually what I'm saying, but what I don't understand is how you can not see what I'm saying.


 Chief Dee said:
WOW! Alien dna in Cali? This is no surprise at all, California has alot of aliens and we call them Mexicans.
 7 years ago '05        #40
eric wright 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,363 | Props total: 751 751
aliens at the bottom of that lake
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 68
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 45
Drake interview on Joe Budden podcast soon?
72 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
Video inside Iíll take ďthings a brotha wouldnít doĒ for $200 Alex
128 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Most dangerous gym fails :obamalmao:
86 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside T.I. and Rihanna playing Illuminati games
106 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Im suckin toes and lickin asss. It must be something in the water. Do ..
33 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
138 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Twitter exposed SZA as FAKE Again ( CAREER FINALLY OVER?)
215 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy