Dec 2 - NASA Finds Alien DNA in California

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-02-2010, 12:58 PM         #21
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.....so instead of making all this money so we can look at all this logical explinations of life. We need to focus on us and how we can possibly form some sort of unity for our race.

Thatís all Iím saying. We can look and look and look, but if we are looking for aliens like us then itís a wild goose chase. Because real aliens are not coming from earth life planets and their journey to get to an existence in life will most likely be nothing at all like ours

point stated look,read....STFU
 7 years ago '07        #22
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,088 | Props total: 1527 1527
 Dos-effect said:
read....
:hmm:

its weird how you obviously did this with my posts, but yet don't understand how dumb you look?

I don't understand you at all whatsoever. I understand what you're saying, because its actually what I'm saying, but what I don't understand is how you can not see what I'm saying.
 7 years ago '05        #23
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 Dos-effect said:
.....so instead of making all this money so we can look at all this logical explinations of life. We need to focus on us and how we can possibly form some sort of unity for our race.

Thatís all Iím saying. We can look and look and look, but if we are looking for aliens like us then itís a wild goose chase. Because real aliens are not coming from earth life planets and their journey to get to an existence in life will most likely be nothing at all like ours

point stated look,read....STFU
You are acting as if there are not Earth like planets out there. We already know of some, and I'm sure there are thousands of earth like planets out there considering there are billions of planets. So that is where you start your search. It's common sense.

And what are you talking about when you say unity for our race? Are you suggesting "world peace," etc? Because if so, you are living in a fantasy world. We have a better chance of finding intelligent life out in the universe in our life time then achieving world peace in our life time. There has never been, and never will be, world peace. That's just human nature.
 7 years ago '05        #24
space
space
 Eddie.. said:

its weird how you obviously did this with my posts, but yet don't understand how dumb you look?

I don't understand you at all whatsoever. I understand what you're saying, because its actually what I'm saying, but what I don't understand is how you can not see what I'm saying.
 7 years ago '07        #25
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
or did you read my post? :hmm:
 12-02-2010, 01:18 PM         #26
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look stop sucking each other d!cks and comprehend we are taking 2 different stances. you are for looking for life on other planets that might resemble ours that WE WILL NEVER get to(who is in a fantasy world).......by the terms of what we know as human beings because you believe we have to start somewhere

I DONT CARE ABOUT LOOKING FOR PLANETS that are like ours, or the ailens that may or may not be on them because I dont believe we will ever find anything relatable to what we know as humans......two different stances in fact polar opposites

and by the way you 2 n*ggas are dumb and seem to get off thinking your smarter then others........you spend more time attempting to make them look dumb......but you fail to even acknoweledge thier arguments and objections have nothing to do with the other persons statements only your own........for that your both over zealous and a**holes.......and utterly retarded
 7 years ago '04        #27
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
The easiest way to make a point is to state it in 2-3 sentences or less. I've never seen so many contradictory statements involving people who are disagreeing to disagree in my entire life. For f**k sake people!
 7 years ago '07        #28
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
I mean I'm not going to argue my own point lol, I would just like to understand how he doesn't see that it is the same point, except he feels that its wasting time and I do not feel this way.

But he keeps saying "AS WE KNOW IT" as if I'm not the person who just worded it that way obviously on purpose lol.
 12-02-2010, 02:13 PM         #29
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't we all just drop ACID and get along?
 7 years ago '05        #30
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Look stop sucking each other d!cks and comprehend we are taking 2 different stances. you are for looking for life on other planets that might resemble ours that WE WILL NEVER get to(who is in a fantasy world).......by the terms of what we know as human beings because you believe we have to start somewhere

I DONT CARE ABOUT LOOKING FOR PLANETS that are like ours, or the ailens that may or may not be on them because I dont believe we will ever find anything relatable to what we know as humans......two different stances in fact polar opposites

and by the way you 2 n*ggas are dumb and seem to get off thinking your smarter then others........you spend more time attempting to make them look dumb......but you fail to even acknoweledge thier arguments and objections have nothing to do with the other persons statements only your own........for that your both over zealous and a**holes.......and utterly retarded

Just go ahead and k!ll yourself. Get it over with.
 7 years ago '04        #31
mainevent23 54 heat pts54
space
space
$405 | Props total: 1243 1243

[pic - click to view]

NASA scientists have discovered an entirely new form of life that shares no biological building blocks with anything currently known on Earth, the agency said today.

In a press conference held at NASA's Washington D.C. headquarters, scientists announced that they had discovered a new form of bacteria, known as GFAJ-1, in California's Mono Lake that has DNA completely foreign to anything ever before found on Earth. It substitutes arsenic at the DNA level for phosphorus.

That would distinguish it from every other form of life known to man, all of which, no matter how diverse, is comprised of the same six elements, phosphorus, sulfur, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. But the bacteria found in Mono Lake--which is known for its unusual chemistry, including very high levels of salinity, alkalinity, and arsenic--is made partly of arsenic, and has no phosphorus in its DNA.

"We've discovered an organism that can substitute one element for another," said Felisa Wolfe-Simon, a NASA astrobiology research fellow at the U.S. Geological Survey in Menlo Park, Calif. "We've cracked open the door to what's possible for life elsewhere in the universe.

Although there had been speculation that NASA's announcement would revolve around life--perhaps bacteria--found elsewhere, such as Mars, the news does keep us here on Earth.

But Wolfe-Simon said that by discovering a microbe that has a new form of DNA, it forces scientists to question what they've long held as true--that all life was based on the same six components.

"The newly discovered microbe, strain GFAJ-1, is a member of a common group of bacteria, the Gammaproteobacteria," NASA wrote in a release. "In the laboratory, the researchers successfully grew microbes from the lake on a diet that was very lean on phosphorus, but included generous helpings of arsenic. When researchers removed the phosphorus and replaced it with arsenic, the microbes continued to grow. Subsequent analyses indicated that the arsenic was being used to produce the building blocks of new GFAJ-1 cells."

NASA feels that this discovery is important because it will help scientists with many areas of future research, such as the "study of Earth's evolution, organic chemistry, biogeochemical cycles, disease mitigation, and Earth system research. These findings also will open up new frontiers in microbiology and other areas of research."

Source:
 7 years ago '09        #32
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
Agreeing with Eddie and Reppin on this one. Yall are agreeing to disagree to only kinda agree. We had to base some of the search on what we absolutely know works for life at the same time keep an open mind that life as we know it, isn't life as we know it else where. We had no basis of information previously to 100% support these claims however, so it was all guess work and scientific speculation in the end. Now that we know 100% for sure our biological make up isn't the only possible make up, even here on earth, it definately expands the search and makes it alot more hopeful, exciting, and less feeling of us wasting time, money, and resources up there poking around.

Last edited by Acid Rap; 12-02-2010 at 02:53 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #33
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
The other two threads at the top of the page already full of conversation about this weren't good enough for you?

12-02-2010, 03:02 PM         #34
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's a good look :)
 12-02-2010, 03:06 PM         #35
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
You are acting as if there are not Earth like planets out there. We already know of some, and I'm sure there are thousands of earth like planets out there considering there are billions of planets. So that is where you start your search. It's common sense.

And what are you talking about when you say unity for our race? Are you suggesting "world peace," etc? Because if so, you are living in a fantasy world. We have a better chance of finding intelligent life out in the universe in our life time then achieving world peace in our life time. There has never been, and never will be, world peace. That's just human nature.
i could point out why you're the stupid one and Dos is actually making more sense than you and your camp but I'll let this go on a little longer.
 7 years ago '08        #36
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
WOW! Alien dna in Cali? This is no surprise at all, California has alot of aliens and we call them Mexicans.
 7 years ago '06        #37
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,103 | Props total: 224 224
softening the blow
 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM         #38
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Common sense of what? The reason you know the color red is cause you were taught to recogonize that color as red, there is no such thing as a universal code. Because everything you know is from a human perspective, even the definition of space itsself and all of its variables. Thats not to say that red would not be red if you could recogonize it, but your brain will process what it is taught.

So imagine the odds of what our brains dont see because of what it is not computed to see, understand. Its a dummy mission, if life is truly undefinable then why do we feel we can define it? Because what we are looking for can literraly be right in front of our eyes, but we cant see it, taste it, smell it, or even hear it because our brains are wired to recogonize that which doesnt exist in this world.
 Dos-effect said:
Im not agreeing with anything at all, his statement is use what we know to find we dont,

My argument is even with everything we know, we are literally setting ourselves up for fauilure because we are a aspect of life, not the epitome of it. Every single solitary thing we know is derrived from our own personal knowledge. Space, the past, time, colors, math, music........all of this is of our society. Now hile some may argue that these aspect of us have to be universal.....I think it is very likely its not. You cannot put our logic and sense to anything that exist outside of this our life on this planet because LIFE CANNOT BE DEFINED.....so instead of making all this money so we can look at all this logical explinations of life. We need to focus on us and how we can possibly form some sort of unity for our race.
its amazing how he typed so much and yet managed to say nothing
 7 years ago '06        #39
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,991 | Props total: 4022 4022
This is pretty interesting. It's gonna be like the movie Evolution with organisms mutating and growing fast, crawling inside people and s**t.

[video - click to view]

Eddie.. said:

Chief Dee said:
WOW! Alien dna in Cali? This is no surprise at all, California has alot of aliens and we call them Mexicans.
 7 years ago '05        #40
eric wright 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 552 552
aliens at the bottom of that lake
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? ďEnough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago