Dec 2 - NASA Finds Alien DNA in California

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-04-2010, 10:07 AM         #181
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude your argument was only research, no exploration. ours was do both, now yours is do both. so what are you talking about.

research and exploration do not contradict each other.

but saying all exploration should be stopped entirely to agreeing with nasas process does.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-04-2010 at 10:13 AM..
 12-04-2010, 10:12 AM         #182
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
dude your argument was only research, no exploration. ours was do both, now yours is do both. so what are you talking about.
 Metalzoa said:
precisely.

you want to launch machines out there to look with our primitive knowledge, each project costing trillions of dollars and incalculable man and computing power and other resources to launch probes that:

i. may not actually be able to detect the life forms it encounters
ii. may not actually encounter any life form for thousands of years
iii. may never encounter life

As opposed to Dos and I's perspective where we should broaden our scope as wide as possible (while our technology is getting better and cheaper to mass produce) so by the time we are confident in our understanding of life, we can effectively search far and near (maybe even visit?) when we discover life.
what are YOU talking about?
 12-04-2010, 10:16 AM         #183
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ni2 get your story straight before posting, you're just showing how much of an idiot you are with every keystroke.

Keep it up

12-04-2010, 10:17 AM         #184
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hold on whats my stance again. that we shouldnt stop exploration all together. yet you feel we should stop it entirely.
 12-04-2010, 10:18 AM         #185
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k it launch now.

now you got a leg to stand on.
 12-04-2010, 10:20 AM         #186
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
hold on whats my stance again. that we shouldnt stop exploration all together. yet you feel we should stop it entirely.
Again with the lack of basic comprehension skills.

Metalzoa said:
precisely.

you want to launch machines out there to look with our primitive knowledge, each project costing trillions of dollars and incalculable man and computing power and other resources to launch probes that:

As opposed to Dos and I's perspective where we should broaden our scope as wide as possible (while our technology is getting better and cheaper to mass produce) so by the time we are confident in our understanding of life, we can effectively search far and near (maybe even visit?) when we discover life.
Now tell me where I said stop all exploration.

I said don't start launching to explore with this new knowledge of life till you do a lot more research on life in general and you are more certain about what you are talking about and looking for.

What does this have to do with ALL exploration?
 12-04-2010, 10:25 AM         #187
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
f**k it launch now.

now you got a leg to stand on.
No need to do me any favors, you already f**ked up.

Ni2 said:
just seems to me as if theirs 2 diff kinds of people in this thread, one who wants to go find out whats on the other side of the mountain and the other who wants to do all the research they can so the trip has a higher success rate, even if it takes 100 years.
 Reppindaburghh said:
I could agree with that. I'll be on the other side of the mountain looking around at uncharted territory discovering new things accidentally while they are planning to make the trip a century from now for a discount price.

Ni2 said:
exactly. if columbus did his research how much longer would it have taken europeans to discover the continents, then how much longer would it have been before they colonized it(especially if they bothered to research natives, the land, etc.) and how much father behind would nasa be right now, we wouldnt even be having this debate.
You already told us you won't wait to do the proper research, you'd want to get out there as soon as possible.
 12-04-2010, 10:29 AM         #188
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first of all dont put me and burghh quotes together as if i was even caring about what he said to you. secondly you were the one on the me and dos say this, me and dos say that.

all i did was question why we would halt exploration for 100 years. and i did it with a grade school lesson.

why do you think its either or. i either gotta be for exploring or i gotta be for research, why did you draw a line in the sand there. that also makes as little sense to me as halting all exploration, but you gotta do that to win this argument i guess.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-04-2010 at 10:33 AM..
 12-04-2010, 10:30 AM         #189
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Huge news. Hopefully we can be on good terms with these aliens so we can all bunk up on their planet when we eventually f**k ours up to the point of no return.
 12-04-2010, 10:39 AM         #190
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
first of all dont put me and burghh quotes together as if i was even caring about what he said to you. secondly you were the one on the me and dos say this, me and dos say that.
Ok so you said something, he replied and gave his opinion and you said EXACTLY and now you're telling me not to take his comments as what you would have said?

What a waste of time. This is not a discussion, this is a beatdown.

You're running on the defensive with every post, never making objective analysis and can't even make sense of simple grammatical structure or idiosyncrasies and you want to discuss something that is currently blowing the minds of scientists.

You're ambitious to be smart. I see that.
But you need to get your high school diploma first before taking on things like this. It's clearly too much for you.
 12-04-2010, 10:40 AM         #191
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you are so set out to make me look wrong you dont even realize my only argument was why the hell would we stop exploration sometimes that advances you faster then you could imagine. are you still trying to tell me im wrong cause its a waste of money or are you trying to take this all over the place.

and yes i stick by that exactly, cause my whole point, which you fail to realize, is that sometimes just going out there will benefit you more then learning everything you can before you go. not that learning as much as you can is bad, thats not the case, but halting all space exploration to only do research sounds stupid to me, im sorry.

and you are right this is not a discussion anymore because you dont address the points, only the trivial.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-04-2010 at 10:46 AM..
 12-04-2010, 10:47 AM         #192
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is the only place im taking it:

Metalzoa said:
precisely.

Anything else is what you guys have derailed the issue to and I've addressed appropriately.
 12-04-2010, 10:52 AM         #193
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yes exactly its your argument why space exploration should be stopped, which you went on to say for like 100 years, which you later changed to 10.
 12-04-2010, 10:52 AM         #194
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
and yes i stick by that exactly, cause my whole point, which you fail to realize , is that sometimes just going out there will benefit you more then learning everything you can before you go. not that learning as much as you can is bad, thats not the case, but halting all space exploration to only do research sounds stupid to me, im sorry.
Now just show me where I said stop all space exploration and we can clear this up where the stupidity is coming from.
 12-04-2010, 10:57 AM         #195
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you are seriously gonna act like that wasnt your argument the whole time? what was all that money talk. yes i understand you dont want it to stop forever, but you wanted it to stop until we can learn everything we possibly can, and til we can build s**t cheaper, you said that stuff 100x over the course of this thread. im not going to waste my time when you can just click on any page and find you saying it.
 12-04-2010, 10:59 AM         #196
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just make a quote about where I said it. Its not that hard, and unlike you .. 99% of my posts have not been edited.
 12-04-2010, 11:18 AM         #197
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
doesnt the post you quote yourself saying give that impression?

2. As Eddie said, are you saying we should just halt the entire process because we don't know every kind of evolutionary process possible? Waste decades/centuries studying different types of ways that life could possibly evolve before trying to look for life that we already know is possible?
precisely.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-04-2010 at 11:22 AM..
 12-04-2010, 11:29 AM         #198
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Correct.

Now if you understand the meaning of discussion in context, Reppin clearly meant exploration for life ... which is what the whole topic has been about.

We are clearly talking about the process of finding life outside earth, not all space exploration.

There are probes that work in sync, taking snapshots and collecting data within our solar systems and have been doing so for decades. Why would I be asking for them to be shut down? They clearly do what they were designed to do ...
 12-04-2010, 11:33 AM         #199
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you werent asking them to be shut down you were asking to stop sending probes into space. what probe has the sole purpose of finding life.

and if it does so through taking snapshots and/or collecting data then what is your argument now.

Last edited by Ni2; 12-04-2010 at 11:36 AM..
 12-04-2010, 11:35 AM         #200
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Are you serious?

So if they wanted to launch a probe to monitor the atmosphere on Venus, what relevance does that probe have to do with what we are discussing?

Its clearly not for DETECTING LIFE.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy