Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
177 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
12283 pageviews
248 comments

GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
Dec 2 - NASA Finds Alien DNA in California

NASA has found DNA with a makeup we never thought possible.

[pic - click to view]

Earlier this week we learned that NASA was gearing up to share some important information relating to an astrobiological discovery. Of course, our minds immediately turned to aliens. Still, deep down, we knew that NASA would not report that it had found Krypton, ALF, ET, or a Cylon war zone. No, though it would likely be something substantial, it would be altogether much more mundane than actual, real life, extraterrestrial aliens.

NASA's event is still a few hours away, but what would embargoed information be if there wasn't someone prepared to leak it a couple of hours in advance? Thanks to Dutch magazine NOS, we know that NASA has indeed found alien life. It's just not extraterrestrial.

Present in the toxic, arsenic-riddled Mono Lake in California is a type of bacteria with a DNA makeup we never thought possible. That is, the building blocks of life -- carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur – are not all present. As opposed to phosphorus, this bacteria's DNA uses arsenic.

So it's not extraterrestrial life, but it's definitely alien to us, as we thought absolutely everything was made up of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur. The possibility of life outside this tiny, little planet we call home is now much more likely because we're not only looking for things with these specific building blocks.

[pic - click to view]

NASA Finds Alien DNA in Californian Lake

248 comments for "Dec 2 - NASA Finds Alien DNA in California"

7 years ago '10        #2
Moyo420 37 heat pts37
space
space
$1,312 | Props total: 35 35
damn, i was wondering what the information was. i thought it would be more interesting and more along the lines of space :/. but this is still dope, im actually interested in seeing what NASA has to say about it
 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM         #3
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats why we wont find aliens.......we keep think we are the key to life and looking for all these planets that are like ours........that s**t is dumb.......we are not the center of life just a small yet signifcant aspect of it......sooner we realize that the sooner we can evolve to a higher conciousness.....and stop destroying ourselves out of pride and arrogance
 7 years ago '07        #4
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
 Dos-effect said:
Thats why we wont find aliens.......we keep think we are the key to life and looking for all these planets that are like ours........that s**t is dumb.......we are not the center of life just a small yet signifcant aspect of it......sooner we realize that the sooner we can evolve to a higher conciousness.....and stop destroying ourselves out of pride and arrogance
I think it was understood that life as we knew it wasn't the only way it could occur.

But the problem is, how else can we search for it? Using our own formula is the most logical way to begin. Are we suppose to randomly think of different sequences of chemicals?

There's nothing arrogant about using common sense.
 7 years ago '10        #5
Moyo420 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Eddie.. said:
I think it was understood that life as we knew it wasn't the only way it could occur.

But the problem is, how else can we search for it? Using our own formula is the most logical way to begin. Are we suppose to randomly think of different sequences of chemicals?

true, but theres some things we a.ssume that i think are just absurd. I remember stephen hawkings saying if aliens were to vist they would rob us of our resources, but what if they dont have a concept of war and aren't even hostile. but idk i guess you can never be to safe
 7 years ago '05        #6
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7085 7085
 Eddie.. said:

This is all true.
 7 years ago '05        #7
space
space
 Moyo420 said:
true, but theres some things we a.ssume that i think are just absurd. I remember stephen hawkings saying if aliens were to vist they would rob us of our resources, but what if they dont have a concept of war and aren't even hostile. but idk i guess you can never be to safe
He said they COULD rob us of our resources, not "would." And what he said is true.
 12-02-2010, 11:45 AM         #8
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:

Common sense of what? The reason you know the color red is cause you were taught to recogonize that color as red, there is no such thing as a universal code. Because everything you know is from a human perspective, even the definition of space itsself and all of its variables. Thats not to say that red would not be red if you could recogonize it, but your brain will process what it is taught.

So imagine the odds of what our brains dont see because of what it is not computed to see, understand. Its a dummy mission, if life is truly undefinable then why do we feel we can define it? Because what we are looking for can literraly be right in front of our eyes, but we cant see it, taste it, smell it, or even hear it because our brains are wired to recogonize that which doesnt exist in this world.
 7 years ago '05        #9
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Common sense of what? The reason you know the color red is cause you were taught to recogonize that color as red, there is no such thing as a universal code. Because everything you know is from a human perspective, even the definition of space itsself and all of its variables. Thats not to say that red would not be red if you could recogonize it, but your brain will process what it is taught.

So imagine the odds of what our brains dont see because of what it is not computed to see, understand. Its a dummy mission, if life is truly undefinable then why do we feel we can define it? Because what we are looking for can literraly be right in front of our eyes, but we cant see it, taste it, smell it, or even hear it because our brains are wired to recogonize that which doesnt exist in this world.
This right here, folks, is a pseudo-intellectual post. Re-read the post you quoted. You are agreeing with him while sounding less logical.
 7 years ago '10        #10
Moyo420 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
He said they COULD rob us of our resources, not "would." And what he said is true.
oh s**t my bad, im in school and i was :rasta: before so im kinda off right now
 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM         #11
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
This right here, folks, is a pseudo-intellectual post. Re-read the post you quoted. You are agreeing with him while sounding less logical.
Im not agreeing with anything at all, his statement is use what we know to find we dont,

My argument is even with everything we know, we are literally setting ourselves up for fauilure because we are a aspect of life, not the epitome of it. Every single solitary thing we know is derrived from our own personal knowledge. Space, the past, time, colors, math, music........all of this is of our society. Now hile some may argue that these aspect of us have to be universal.....I think it is very likely its not. You cannot put our logic and sense to anything that exist outside of this our life on this planet because LIFE CANNOT BE DEFINED.....so instead of making all this money so we can look at all this logical explinations of life. We need to focus on us and how we can possibly form some sort of unity for our race.
 7 years ago '05        #12
space
space
 614FACE said:
this s**t is stupid. normal people with real problems dont care about s**t like this to make it a big announcement. i guess ill have to watch it to understand wht the big deal is.
 7 years ago '05        #13
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Im not agreeing with anything at all, his statement is use what we know to find we dont,

My argument is even with everything we know, we are literally setting ourselves up for fauilure because we are a aspect of life, not the epitome of it. Every single solitary thing we know is derrived from our own personal knowledge. Space, the past, time, colors, math, music........all of this is of our society. Now hile some may argue that these aspect of us have to be universal.....I think it is very likely its not. You cannot put our logic and sense to anything that exist outside of this our life on this planet because LIFE CANNOT BE DEFINED.....so instead of making all this money so we can look at all this logical explinations of life. We need to focus on us and how we can possibly form some sort of unity for our race.
 7 years ago '07        #14
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
 Dos-effect said:

So you think we shouldn't try at all? That's the only point I can get out of this angry rambling you're doing.
 12-02-2010, 12:23 PM         #15
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im saying for all you arrogance you cant wrap you mind around the fact that life as we know it, is just that. As we know it, for as long as the earth has been here with all the different speices that have existed before and most likely after we are blessed, but perhaps blessed without a purpose . We are not why life exist…..life is why we exist. To attempt to take such a bold stance and use these things that we have calculated to be dead center accurate is redundant. We have no other source to compare it too. I can tell a baby that the color red is really called blue and he will believe this unless someone tells him other wise. We have no one to tell us other wise. So we could be believing a pot of bulls**t and thinking we know the answers when we don’t. That’s all I’m saying. We can look and look and look, but if we are looking for aliens like us then it’s a wild goose chase. Because real aliens are not coming from earth life planets and their journey to get to an existence in life will most likely be nothing at all like ours.
 7 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Im saying for all you arrogance you cant wrap you mind around the fact that life as we know it, is just that. As we know it, for as long as the earth has been here with all the different speices that have existed before and most likely after we are blessed, but perhaps blessed without a purpose . We are not why life exist…..life is why we exist. To attempt to take such a bold stance and use these things that we have calculated to be dead center accurate is redundant. We have no other source to compare it too. I can tell a baby that the color red is really called blue and he will believe this unless someone tells him other wise. We have no one to tell us other wise. So we could be believing a pot of bulls**t and thinking we know the answers when we don’t. That’s all I’m saying. We can look and look and look, but if we are looking for aliens like us then it’s a wild goose chase. Because real aliens are not coming from earth life planets and their journey to get to an existence in life will most likely be nothing at all like ours.
Dude, holy hell, what are you wasting time typing this s**t for? You are agreeing with the guy you are arguing with. Obviously life as we know it isn't the end all be all. But what else exactly are we supposed to look for? How are we supposed to look for something that we have no basis for comparison? The only thing we can do is look for life as we know it until we discover some other form of life, which is apparently what this entire thread was made about. You are just ranting and raving about something that we agree with you on.
 12-02-2010, 12:35 PM         #17
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
i've been saying (roughly) this same thing since I was 8 years old. I don't see why it's been so unfathomable and, it turns out now, likely. at all these brilliant minds at NASA truly being dumbasses for so long.....
 12-02-2010, 12:41 PM         #18
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Dude, holy hell, what are you wasting time typing this s**t for? You are agreeing with the guy you are arguing with. Obviously life as we know it isn't the end all be all. But what else exactly are we supposed to look for? How are we supposed to look for something that we have no basis for comparison? The only thing we can do is look for life as we know it until we discover some other form of life, which is apparently what this entire thread was made about. You are just ranting and raving about something that we agree with you on.
why do you keep typing and telling me what I mean, if you actually read what Im saying its evident Im not agreeing at all dumbass.........regardless get of my d!ck b**ch
 7 years ago '06        #19
nasty17 
space
space
$158 | Props total: 0 0
isnt this still strange that NASA is reporting this?
shouldnt it be some biology journal and not the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
 7 years ago '05        #20
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
why do you keep typing and telling me what I mean, if you actually read what Im saying its evident Im not agreeing at all dumbass.........regardless get of my d!ck b**ch
You are misunderstanding what Eddie's point was and unintentionally agreeing with him. You, my friend, are the dumb a.ss. You mad?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
94 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy