The 2011 Grammy Nominations Are In

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-02-2010, 01:55 AM         #41
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Happy Justin Beiber isn't gonna be sweeping the show. Glad to see R Les up there, even though it should be his debut nominated as it was the better album even though Transition was still good, and Em shouldn't be taking home any of the awards he's in IMO, but he'll grab a couple. Hoping to see Cee-Lo win, Arcade Fire win, The Roots and Florence and the Machine win in their respective categories.

EDIT: Realized the cutoff was from Sept 2009 - Sept 2010 making Ryan's debut ineligible, but still glad Transition is up there.

Last edited by ><>Young'n<><; 12-02-2010 at 02:02 AM..
 12-02-2010, 01:59 AM         #42
RurourniK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How is drake a new artist?

Lil late..
 7 years ago '09        #43
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,233 | Props total: 19339 19339
 Sticks said:
grammys don't mean s**t in rap anymore

eminem is going to win rap album of the year over the roots, which is dumb as f**k
yea grammy don't mean s**t in rap i remember when carter 3 won over the cool and when relapse won over the renaissance...
 7 years ago '10        #44
mrme2 3 heat pts
space
space
$167 | Props total: 0 0
no Distant Relatives?

Nas Lost
 12-02-2010, 03:02 AM         #45
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RurourniK said:
How is drake a new artist?

Lil late..
His debut album was released within this Grammy cycle.
 12-02-2010, 03:05 AM         #46
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Grammy voters are very weird about hip hop. Watch out for Arcade Fire or Lady Antibellum to get Album of the Year because of Grammy Voters' tendency to appreciate Rock or Country records over Hip Hop (even if it is Em).
 12-02-2010, 03:09 AM         #47
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
Grammy voters are very weird about hip hop. Watch out for Arcade Fire or Lady Antibellum to get Album of the Year because of Grammy Voters' tendency to appreciate Rock or Country records over Hip Hop (even if it is Em).
Arcade Fire was a great album though..but I agree that hiphop at the Grammies is a joke
 7 years ago '06        #48
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
I hope Janelle shocks erybody with a win for the r&b album awards. That album is like a f**kin movie form top to bottom. She deserves. And then Usher behind that. And if Jay and Alicia Keys don't win one, then that's bulls**t. Erybody know the best new artist awards is going to Biber. That's a given....
 12-02-2010, 03:26 AM         #49
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pretty terrible list

disgrace to music
 7 years ago '10        #50
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,172 | Props total: 462 462
 mrme2 said:
no distant relatives?

Nas lost
thats sad..............one of the best albums of the year.......................wtf
 7 years ago '04        #51
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,464 | Props total: 6618 6618
 StateProperty88 said:
hope the roots get some love and get the win for best rap album...i think they deserve it
 JeeQ said:

These right here have been quoted for truth...their Rap Album of the Year canidates is ACTUALLY pretty damn decent this time around. Even though I would have have Big Boi Sir Lucious Left Foot in there instead of Drakes Thank Me Now, I would have even put Bun B and as's joint in there before Drake's...The Roots better get this s**t.

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 12-02-2010 at 07:25 AM..
 12-02-2010, 08:03 AM         #52
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GRAMMY'S don't mean sh*t....... all those songs are f*cking mainstream as F*CK...... they don't have real music enthusiasts..... just dumbass soundscan readers...

Their electronic dance selection is ridiculously laughable.... they have no respect from me.... whatsoever...
 12-02-2010, 08:37 AM         #53
Faizup 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn Em is really k!lling em..
 12-02-2010, 08:52 AM         #54
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Roots win Best Rap Album and Arcade Fire win AotY, it might restore my faith in humanity.
 7 years ago '07        #55
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 SM said:

Each year the music biz waits with bated breath to see who'll get nominated for the industry's hugest accolade, a Grammy Award. People like to pretend it doesn't matter, but it does. This year's urban entertainment names in contention? Drake, Eminem, B.o.B. (What a come-up!), Bruno Mars and, yep, Justin Bieber.

Who might be grabbing up a gold Grammophone come February? The Recording Academy announced the nominees on this first of the month during a nominations concert. See the list of nominees in major categories we'll be checking for below. And get the full list of nominees (with all the country folks, etc, here) Do you agree, disagree or care less? The 2011 Grammys airs on February 13 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

Album of the Year
Recovery – Eminem
Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
The Fame Monster – Lady Gaga
Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
The Suburbs – Arcade Fire

Record of the Year
“Love the Way You Lie” – Eminem & Rihanna
“Nothin’ on You” – B.o.B & Bruno Mars
“Empire State of Mind” – Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
“Need You Now” – Lady Antebellum
“F**k You” – Cee Lo Green

Song of the Year
“F**k You”- Cee Lo Green
“The House That Built Me” – Miranda Lambert
“Beg, Steal, or Borrow” – Ray LaMontagne
“Need You Now” – Lady Antebellum

Best New Artist
Drake
Esperanza Spalding
Justin Bieber
Florence + the Machine
Mumford & Sons

Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals
“Don’t Stop Believin’ (Regionals Version)” – “Glee”
Cast “Misery” – Maroon 5
“The Only Exception” – Paramore
“Babyfather” – Sade
“Hey, Soul Sister (Live)” – Train

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
Sara Bareilles – “King of Anything”
Beyoncé – “Halo”
Norah Jones – “Chasing Pirates”
Lady Gaga – “Bad Romance”
Katy Perry – “Teenage Dream”

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
Michael Bublé – “Haven’t Met You Yet”
Michael Jackson – “This Is It”
Adam Lambert – “Whataya Want From Me”
Bruno Mars – “Just the Way You Are”
John Mayer – “Half of My Heart”

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals
“Airplanes II” — B.o.B, Eminem & Hayley Williams
“Imagine” — Herbie Hancock, Pink, India.Arie, Seal, Konono No. 1, Jeff Beck & Oumou Sangare
“If It Wasn’t For Bad” — Elton John & Leon Russell
“Telephone” — Lady Gaga & Beyoncé
“California Gurls” — Katy Perry & Snoop Dogg

Best Dance Recording
“Rocket” – Goldfrapp
“In For The k!ll” – La Roux
“Dance in the Dark” – Lady Gaga
“Only Girl (In The World)” – Rihanna
“Dancing on My Own” – Robyn

Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals
“Take My Time” – Chris Brown & Tank
“Love” – Chuck Brown, Jill Scott & Marcus Miller
“You’ve Got A Friend” – Ronald Isley & Aretha Franklin
“Shine” – John Legend & The Roots
“Soldier of Love” – Sade

Best Contemporary R&B Album
Graffiti – Chris Brown
Untitled – R. Kelly
Transition – Ryan Leslie
The ArchAndroid – Janelle Monáe
Raymond v. Raymond – Usher

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
“Nothin’ on You” – B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
“Deuces” – Chris Brown, Tyga & Kevin McCall
“Empire State of Mind” – Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
“Wake Up! Everybody” – John Legend, The Roots, Melanie Fiona & Common

Best Rap Song
“Empire State Of Mind” – Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
“Not Afraid” – Eminem

“Nothin’ on You” – B.o.B & Bruno Mars
“On to the Next One” — Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz

Best Rap Album
The Adventures of Bobby Ray – B.o.B
Thank Me Later – Drake
Recovery – Eminem
The Blueprint 3 – Jay-Z
How I Got Over – The Roots

View the complete list .

Eminem Dominates Grammy Nominations

[pic - click to view]

Rapper scores a leading 10 mentions, including his third career nom for album of the year.

The Recording Academy certainly is doing its part to aid in Eminem's recovery.

The veteran Detroit rapper scored a leading 10 Grammy nominations Wednesday, including song and record of the year (for "Love the Way You Lie," featuring Rihanna) and his third career nom for album of the year. His Recovery also is up for rap album of the year, a prize he has taken four times. This looks like the erstwhile Marshall Mathers' year to break through in the top category.

Singer-songwriter-producer Bruno Mars is next with seven mentions, followed by Jay-Z, Lady Antebellum and Lady Gaga with six apiece. Jeff Beck, B.o.B, David Frost, Philip Lawrence and John Legend drew five noms each.

There weren't a tremendous number of surprises among the major categories, though there is plenty of fresh blood in the album of the year race. Lady Gaga nabbed her second consecutive nom in the category with The Fame Monster, but three first-timers made the cut: Nashville country trio Lady Antebellum (Need You Now), Canadian rock band Arcade Fire (The Suburbs) and California pop/tabloid queen Katy Perry (Teenage Dream).

The latter is the only real stunner. Perry, a phenomenally successful singles act, gets an album of the year mention but was shut out of the song and record categories. Her set debuted at No. 1 in late summer but sold only a middling 192,000 units despite including a No. 1 single ("California Gurls") and another ("Teenage Dream") that topped the chart a week after the album's release.

Among the hopefuls left on the outside looking in for album of the year: Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3, the Roots' How I Got Over -- both of which are up for rap album of the year -- and Miranda Lambert's Revolution, which is vying for country album honors.

There are a few eyebrow-raisers among the biggest categories: the Glee cast scoring a nom for best pop performance by a duo or group for "Don't Stop Believin' (Regionals Version)," upright-bass jazz act Esperanza Spalding snagging a best new artist mention -- leaving B.o.B on the outside -- and Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs sneaking a nom for song of the year with "Beg Steal or Borrow."

CBS' telecast of the 53rd annual Grammy Awards on Feb. 13 from Staples Center in Los Angeles should draw more than the usual attention from the FCC and the Parents Television Council. Why? The song and record of the year noms for Cee Lo Green's "F--- You." Co-written by Mars, the bird-flipping nyah-nyah of a song was "Forget You" in its radio edit. It will be interesting to see how it's referred to onstage -- and sung, if Cee-Lo is invited to perform it during the show.

Joining "Love the Way You Lie" and "F--- You" as double nominees for song and record of the year is Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now." For song of the year -- a songwriter's award -- they'll compete against "Beg Steal or Borrow" and Lambert's "The House That Built Me."

The other hopefuls for record of the year -- which goes to the artist, producer and engineer and/or mixer -- are "Nothin' on You," by B.o.B featuring Mars, and "Empire State of Mind," from Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.

Other than Spalding, the new artist race features nonsurprise nominees Justin Bieber, Drake, Florence & the Machine and Mumford & Sons.

Up against Eminem, Jay-Z and the Roots for best rap album are Drake's Thank Me Later and B.o.B's The Adventures of Bobby Ray. Vying with Lambert and Lady Antebellum for the country album nod are Dierks Bentley's Up on the Ridge, Zac Brown Band's You Get What You Give and Jamey Johnson's The Guitar Song.

The lineup for best hard rock performance reads like a history lesson: ultraveteran Ozzy Osbourne is up against the '90s-bred Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots plus the generational supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, comprising Foo f!ghters frontman Dave Grohl, Queens of the Stone Age vet Josh Homme and Led Zeppelin stalwart John Paul Jones.

The noms were announced during the third annual The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! -- Countdown to Music's Biggest Night, which aired in primetime on CBS from Club Nokia in Los Angeles.

geeee i wonder who will win in those categories
 12-02-2010, 08:58 AM         #56
GrimRah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:
Lady Gaga and Eminem will murder all
Not to sound like the obvious is not staring oyu in the face, but does anyone see a real big problem with the nominations.... I thought grammy awards were for creative/acclaimed not a ex-drug head or pizza skirt wearer or anyone else who has not been around for the last three years bringing heat n skillz. Just saying
 7 years ago '08        #57
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,004 | Props total: 19909 19909
cee lo, em, janelle, and gaga :cool-smiley-009:

HIM shouldve been on there for best rock album... ugh
 12-02-2010, 10:16 AM         #58
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Unlike wasting my time watching the VMA's (TALK ABOUT WASTING 4 HOURS OF MY LIFE) I won't be watching this s**t. No thanks.
 12-02-2010, 10:31 AM         #59
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when eminem makes the list, you know it's all sad a.ss music....thanks to tip being locked up, nas being MIA, and jay-z only re-releasing the same s**t..f**kin garbage a.ss em, so hilarious
 12-02-2010, 11:11 AM         #60
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TIP2009 said:
when eminem makes the list, you know it's all sad a.ss music....thanks to tip being locked up, nas being MIA, and jay-z only re-releasing the same s**t..f**kin garbage a.ss em, so hilarious
Not only Em for hip hop... but all of the other artist in their respective genres suck too. All I'm seeing is a bunch of talentless muthaf**kas that are the best of a f**k up or terrible situation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago