OFFICIAL Battle for the AFC North: Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's Gonna Lose?
Pissburgh 8 28.57%
Baltimore 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-01-2010, 01:29 PM         #1
10804 pageviews
499 comments

Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OFFICIAL Battle for the AFC North: Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread

ARE YOU READY FOR THE MOST INTENSE RIVALRY IN THE NFL??!?!?!?!

The Ravens are looking to continue their dominance over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Baltimore.

Since 2003, the Ravens are 6-1 at home against Pittsburgh. That has included three overtime wins (2003, 2005 and 2009) and one shutout (2006).

The Ravens' only loss to the Steelers at home during that span was 2008, when the Ravens fell 13-9 on a controversial touchdown catch by Santonio Holmes with 43 seconds remaining.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

• Gerry Dulac of the Post-Gazette traces the origins of the rivalry to a series of back-and-forths among players from the early part of the decade in an article also from Jan. 16, 2009.

Back in 2003, an injured Joey Porter, upset that some of the Ravens' players mocked his trademark "boot kick" while he was on the sideline nursing a gunshot wound, went to the Ravens' team bus and challenged their top dog, Ray Lewis, to get off and f!ght. A year earlier, wide receiver Plaxico Burress and Ravens cornerback James Trapp were ejected from a game in Baltimore when Burress took exception to an aggressive play by Trapp. The play? Trapp stomped on his head while Burress was on the ground.

• ESPN.com's Greg Garber mentions the spitting incident between former Ravens defensive back Frank Walker and former Steelers punter Mitch Berger as an indicator of the intensity between the teams.

Welcome to the Ravens-Steelers rivalry, arguably the nastiest in all of sports. If a punter and a little-used cornerback can create this kind of smear and loathing, what happens when you throw the irresistible force that is Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward and the immovable object that is Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis onto the same field?

• Barry Barnes, the NFL writer for AOL Fanhouse, wrote earlier this season that what makes the Ravens-Steelers rivalry so special is the passion the teams' players exhibit.

Most rivalries over the years have watered down because the players are "boys" and they don't approach their supposedly hated opponents with the fiery passion that their fans expect them to have. Except for the Ravens and Steelers.

• Teresa Varley wrote on Steelers.com before this season's first meeting between the teams that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin had high praise for the Baltimore-Pittsburgh rivalry.

Coach Mike Tomlin called the Steelers-Ravens rivalry the best in football during his weekly press conference. Others agreed with him, including Ravens Coach John Harbaugh. "I think it is," said Harbaugh during a conference call. "Maybe he and I are biased because we are in it all of the time, but I don't see a better one out there. It's a great rivalry and it is an honor to be a part of it."

• USA Today's Mike Lopresti viewed the rivalry with a sense of nostalgia in a column that previewed the January 2009 matchup between the teams.

This rivalry is for people who like their coffee black and their ice cream vanilla. It is for those who still make their calls on landline phones, still mail postcards, still listen to music on CDs. It is black and white television, and the milkman coming to the door. As straightforward as a f!ght on the playground. This rivalry is about today, but smacks of yesterday.

• Gregg Rosenthal of NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk wrote earlier this season that trash talk between the teams is "cool."

The fans want the two teams to hate each other as much as the fans do. And so Steelers fans (and Ravens fans) likely appreciate the comments of Pittsburgh safety Ryan Clark. "To me, the Ravens are just another football team," Clark said, per Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "They don't come in here wearing a cape. I am not scared they are going to take my lunch money."

Since I gotta work on Sunday and I'll probably go catch the game at a bar when I get off... I wanna get all my s**t talking in early.... so suck a d!ck you inbred rednecksimage

499 comments for "OFFICIAL Battle for the AFC North: Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread"

12-01-2010, 07:26 PM         #2
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ya f*gs
 7 years ago '04        #3
likwitcrewmembe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,655 | Props total: 19 19
Steelers all the way over the ballmore f*gans. f*gs bbarely beat the mighty steelers without having ben as our qb. When big ben plays steelers are 6-1 and dominate the series. Go lose to the Bungels again!
 12-01-2010, 07:44 PM         #4
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We barely beat you without Ed Reed and Stallworth... but the fact remains

We still beat you toothless f**ks... go cry about it
 12-02-2010, 10:59 AM         #5
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All that primantis got you delusional
 7 years ago '06        #6
thaflawless1 
space
space
space
$1,159 | Props total: 0 0
Ima be there
 7 years ago '10        #7
Big Louie Champ 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,816 | Props total: 7805 7805
i got the bmore ravens for this one... f**k those steelers:yayo:
 12-02-2010, 11:32 AM         #8
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We don't want your support younglouie
 7 years ago '07        #9
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,088 | Props total: 1527 1527
change the poll you gayven fan
 12-02-2010, 01:45 PM         #10
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:
change the poll you gayven fan
Too late
 7 years ago '08        #11
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,652 | Props total: 1221 1221
Joey Porter, upset that some of the Ravens' players mocked his trademark "boot kick" while he was on the sideline nursing a gunshot wound, went to the Ravens' team bus and challenged their top dog, Ray Lewis, to get off and f!ght.

f!ght never happend so

RAY RAY GOT CHUMPED!

on the real tho

seeing as what buffalo did to our offensive line...this game..uhhhhh..its gonna be bad

not to mention ben got a hurt foot.and he needs all the help in his legs he can get for this one since are o line is soft as hellllllllll

we can pull this off tho..but its all up to our o line
 7 years ago '05        #12
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,240 | Props total: 15795 15795
Ravens better win...divison title on the line. f**k the squeelers.
 7 years ago '10        #13
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,381 | Props total: 9660 9660
Pittsburgh bout 2 sh!t on the ravens
 7 years ago '06        #14
adub123 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,969 | Props total: 11821 11821
mannnnnnnnnn, im hype for this game. you already know were having a late thanksgiving dinner and ravens are on the menu.

nom nom nom, sacked lunch!

seriously though, its like christmas came early first we play the sunday night game against the ravens for the number 1 spot in our division. then monday night its jets-pats for their division. feel like a little kid again :D
 12-02-2010, 03:46 PM         #15
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blkboipurp said:
Pittsburgh bout 2 sh!t on the ravens
10-9
 7 years ago '10        #16
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,381 | Props total: 9660 9660
 MY_name said:
10-9

[pic - click to view]

9-2 record b!tch
 7 years ago '06        #17
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
ARE YOU READY FOR THE MOST INTENSE RIVALRY IN THE NFL??!?!?!?!
I would def say that Colts/Pats >>>> Ravens/Steelers even though it is a good rivalry.

I have the Ravens winning this game though.....Rapistberger got an ankle thing, prob won't be able to move much and Ravens pass rush will k!ll him.
 7 years ago '04        #18
likwitcrewmembe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,655 | Props total: 19 19
Faggo will be on the sidelines pouting like a little b**ch like the rest of the ravens after the first half when woodley and harrison and timmons pound that a.ss into the ground. Then they will b**ch that ward is playing too tough. Go lose to the bungles again! Steelers may be hurt at a lot of positions but we have more heart then then crybaby ravens.
 7 years ago '07        #19
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,088 | Props total: 1527 1527
 Steelerfan1 said:
2 players dont make a good Rivalry
man don't pay attention to him. that's what he wants
 12-03-2010, 03:40 PM         #20
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mike Wallace scares me.. our secondary is weak so I'm hoping Reed keeps an eye on him all game

And I hope Hines Ward gets injured
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy