So We Gonna Act Like Lil' Kim, Didn't Do Numbers Too...!?!?!

most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '05        #21
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 bw5011 said:
if this was the 90's or early 2000.. Nicki would do Vita, Amil and or Charlie Baltimore numbers.. fo real.... now kids are buying music.. 90%of her fans are in high school...
If this was the 90's or early 2000's Nicki would have went platinum out the gate and Kanye would have did like 2 milli. Eminem would have went diamond in like 2 months. People bought album way more back then.
 11-30-2010, 08:23 PM         #22
nuff sed 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Massive Attack was dropped any time between 1995 and 2005, Nicki would have been the first rapper ever to be banned from hip-hop. Actually, I don't think she would have even been able to get a deal back then, let alone release an album. But she does well in this climate
 11-30-2010, 08:34 PM         #23
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's good Nicki had a good album debut and all but what Kim's numbers show is longevity. This thread won't be relevant until Nicki has more than 1 (platinum?) album under her belt and her career spans more than just a year or 2.
She's hot now but will she be hot enough to go platinum 5 years later?
 7 years ago '09        #24
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,392 | Props total: 5096 5096
 Quasi said:
That's good Nicki had a good album debut and all but what Kim's numbers show is longevity. This thread won't be relevant until Nicki has more than 1 (platinum?) album under her belt and her career spans more than just a year or 2.
She's hot now but will she be hot enough to go platinum 5 years later?
 7 years ago '09        #25
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,704 | Props total: 6199 6199
 Swisher sweet said:
If this was the 90's or early 2000's Nicki would have went platinum out the gate and Kanye would have did like 2 milli. Eminem would have went diamond in like 2 months. People bought album way more back then.
Wake up nobody would of bought that s**t back then as it was a different era of fans and im 100% sure they would not of been into that trash shes making and therefore she would of sold less then.

Very few rappers went "platinum out the gate"then and neither of those 2 would of joined the list
 11-30-2010, 09:17 PM         #26
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bkid said:
she has her name on the trophy so...
come on son. really? so we're just going to prance that award around like she merited in any kind of way?
 7 years ago '05        #27
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Wake up nobody would of bought that s**t back then as it was a different era of fans and im 100% sure they would not of been into that trash shes making and therefore she would of sold less then.

Very few rappers went "platinum out the gate"then and neither of those 2 would of joined the list
She wouldn't be making the same music she is now. She would be rapping like when she first started rapping. At the end of the day rap has changed. Kanye's album probably wouldn't be as well received back then either. And don't act like Recovery didn't have a different feel from what Em dropped back in 1999.

It has changed and rappers know they need to reinvent or get lost in a world of relevant rappers.

There are girls that didn't give two s**ts about Eminem until he did Romans Revenge. And the song with Pink and Rihanna? Two songs with Wayne? Your boy is also trying to step out the box and find change.

Who remembers when Trina first came out? b**ches loved her. But she has not stepped her game up so she fell off the map. You have to go with what's current.
 7 years ago '09        #28
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,704 | Props total: 6199 6199
 Swisher sweet said:
She wouldn't be making the same music she is now. She would be rapping like when she first started rapping. At the end of the day rap has changed. Kanye's album probably wouldn't be as well received back then either. And don't act like Recovery didn't have a different feel from what Em dropped back in 1999.

It has changed and rappers know they need to reinvent or get lost in a world of relevant rappers.

There are girls that didn't give two s**ts about Eminem until he did Romans Revenge. And the song with Pink and Rihanna? Two songs with Wayne? Your boy is also trying to step out the box and find change.

Who remembers when Trina first came out? b**ches loved her. But she has not stepped her game up so she fell off the map. You have to go with what's current.
I dont think Romans Revenge would of helped smother himself in glory if people didnt know him,having said that with Not Afraid and LTWYL you would have had to of been living under a rock not to of known about him this year.

He is working with new people but does he need them? no because Relapse did over 600k 1st week with only 2 songs with features on the album not forgetting he did every single hook himself.Also not forgetting it was a horrorcore album which is unusual to be sitting on top of the charts

You say that about Trina but many suffered the same faith(not just girls,look at Nelly and even 50 dropped off massively with BISD)and id say chances are it will happen to Nicki

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 11-30-2010 at 09:40 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #29
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
so we going to act like kim didn't top 12 dudes off and get her stomach pumped
 7 years ago '09        #30
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,392 | Props total: 5096 5096
 rdrake said:
proof?

she gonna have to get her stomach pumped when i get with her cuz imma be f**kin her every 5 min i don't care if we at a restaurant grocery store or church :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '06        #31
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,949 | Props total: 13571 13571
everybody sold back then..she cant do that now
 7 years ago '08        #32
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17159 17159
Long Live The Queen!

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #33
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 TheMindOf said:
Different Time.. Different Climate in sales.. Back then ANYBODY who could get a hot single on the radio could have a platinum album..

this is not true at all.
 7 years ago '05        #34
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
I dont think Romans Revenge would of helped smother himself in glory if people didnt know him,having said that with Not Afraid and LTWYL you would have had to of been living under a rock not to of known about him this year.

He is working with new people but does he need them? no because Relapse did over 600k 1st week with only 2 songs with features on the album not forgetting he did every single hook himself.Also not forgetting it was a horrorcore album which is unusual to be sitting on top of the charts

You say that about Trina but many suffered the same faith(not just girls,look at Nelly and even 50 dropped off massively with BISD)and id say chances are it will happen to Nicki
Not saying Eminem was unknown but the extreme girly girls that like Nicki probably actually LISTENED to their first Em verse on that song.

And I know a lot of people that don't give a f**k about an Eminem album. I know this one dude that thought LTWYL was Rihanna's song. I had to correct him. But then again he's an idiot so i guess that does not count

And that album was NOT that hardcore MMLP was way more hardcore then that. The beats were very poppy to me on Recovery IMO. Look at what he used for his lead singles. Em singing on a track meant to be serious? That s**t blew my mind

And you are right if Nicki does not change with the times she will fall off like Trina and 50.

Wayne reinvented himself like 3 times now lol That's why he's still going. Same with Jay. Em saw the responses Relapse got and he switched. Don't front lol
 7 years ago '05        #35
space
space
 rdrake said:
 King Bee said:
proof?

she gonna have to get her stomach pumped when i get with her cuz imma be f**kin her every 5 min i don't care if we at a restaurant grocery store or church :dancingcool:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #36
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,869 | Props total: 30080 30080
i still have her first cd and the cover smells like her perfume i copped that and ill na na at nobody beats the wiz
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
212 comments
22 hours ago
@news