most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #161
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456

[pic - click to view]

11-29-2010, 12:49 PM         #162
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 #21 said:
NFL Radio also just reported gruden has denied any interest the Miami job

Gruden never denied interest. He said that "he's committed to ESPN and Monday Night Football."

Translation: I want more money.
 7 years ago '05        #163
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
I'll be severly disappointed if we hire Gruden. I never fully liked Shannon's coaching style. He kind of took the swag out of this team. I remember the first year when he had them all wear no named Jerseys. That s**t was whack as f**k. Whipple is a horrible OC. Who the f**ks throws on 3rd down when you're in field goal range for the game winning fg. f**king stupid.
 7 years ago '06        #164
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
This would never happen - he is a football rat and NCAA rules won't let him have the free range he needs. Besides he could have his way in Minnesota, Dallas, Cincy & Carolina for starters.

it was a good joke though
 7 years ago '05        #165
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
So what now?
 7 years ago '05        #166
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,064 | Props total: 6968 6968
lol @ this thread, dumb a.ss Miami fans.......
 7 years ago '05        #167
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
I think if they're smart they're gonna wait till either bowl week or right after to see how everything works out.
 7 years ago '09        #168
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 2771 2771
They should wait until bowl season has cleared. Because they can start throwing money out there to some coaches who are interested in a prestigeous job, i.e. Tuberville Patterson, or s**t Mike Leach is unemployed. Still a few NFL Coordinators that might want the job. Gruden sounded good, but he wants somewhere around 5-6 million, making more than Mack Brown who makes about 5 mil a year.
 7 years ago '05        #169
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
 BoSox84 said:
So what now?
according to gary ferman

randy edsall and dan mullen are the top candidates or other coaches that fit that mold
 7 years ago '05        #170
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Chris Petersen or bust if we can't get Gruden. That's how I feel. Well, I'd be fine with Tuberville as I've always wanted him here.... but I'm actually EVEN on Gruden and Petersen.

I thought Patterson was a realistic candidate for the opportunity, but with TCU moving to the Big East you can scratch him.

If we hire another coordinator I am done with this program.
 7 years ago '05        #171
BoSox84 
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
according to gary ferman

randy edsall and dan mullen are the top candidates or other coaches that fit that mold
Randy Edsall is a solid a.ss coach. I dunno how things would work out with him at Miami and the increased recruiting/talent edge he would have there, but his teams would sure as hell play disciplined football
 7 years ago '05        #172
BoSox84 
space
space
Could Leavitt land with ex-player at Miami?

Whenever we've talked about the scenarios where former USF coach Jim Leavitt could resurface as a college coach, we've mentioned that it would likely take a situation where the athletic director were willing to vouch for him to a university president.

Could Miami be that situation? It seems unlikely to think Leavitt could land on his feet with such a coveted job, but he has a strong connection to Hurricanes athletic director Kirby Hocutt, who played linebacker for him in college when Leavitt was an a.ssistant at Kansas State.

"You won’t find any coach in the country that has more energy and is more intense than Coach Leavitt," Hocutt told the Times a year ago this week, before last year's USF-Miami game. "I have so many great memories and friendships from those five years that have obviously had a strong impact on me, who I am today as a person, as a leader. I’m not the least bit surprised with the success he’s had at South Florida."

Leavitt, who has not commented publicly on the Miami opening, was mentioned as a candidate in a story in Monday's Miami Herald, identified by former Hurricanes linebacker Dan Morgan as a "name" he's been hearing. The story said Leavitt "will get consideration," citing unnamed sources. Leavitt spoke last year about the close relationship he still has with Hocutt.

"When we had some of those great defenses at Kansas State, Kirby was real instrumental in those defenses," Leavitt said. "He was such a hard worker, so focused, and really a good football player, a great leader. … He’s one of the most impressive people you’ll ever meet. We’re very close. I think the world of Kirby and couldn’t say enough good things about him."

Other coaches with solid resumes and less mitigating factors are also being mentioned as potential candidates for the Miami job, like Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville and Rutgers coach Greg Schiano, among others. Former Bucs coach Jon Gruden has been mentioned, though subsequent reports have him unlikely to leave the broadcast booth to coach the Hurricanes.

Leavitt, of course, was fired in January after a USF investigation found that he grabbed then- walk-on running back Joel Miller by the throat and hit him twice in the face during halftime of USF's November 2009 win against Louisville, then interfered with USF's investigation. Leavitt has denied all charges against him and has a wrongful termination suit ongoing against USF, seeking up to the $7.1-million that he would have been paid had he been fired "without cause." That suit isn't likely to be heard by a jury until sometime next fall at the earliest.

For Leavitt to take over a program as prominent as Miami, he'd certainly have to earn the approval of Miami president Donna Shalala, who spent eight years in President Bill Clinton's cabinet as Secretary of Health and Human Services. And if he chose Leavitt, Hocutt would very much be marrying his own future to Leavitt's success with the football program. Randy Shannon was fired Saturday night, just hours after the Hurricanes lost 23-20 to USF in Miami.

Leavitt addressed the Bulls' milestone win in a text message Monday afternoon. "Hope u understand so PROUD of the USF players. This is a very talented team. As I said, hope they win the BE," he wrote.

7 years ago '05        #173
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
I listened to the entire segment with Sid & Ferman. Some interesting points:

- There is MUTUAL interest between Miami and Gruden
- Talks will resume tomorrow
- Miami is willing to spend $3-4 million to land Gruden
- If we fail to land Gruden, the next top candidates are Randy Edsall, Dan Mullen, and Tommy Tuberville

I like all three. Edsall is a no nonsense type of coach, and Mullen is definitely on the come up. People tend to talk about Florida's offense post Tebow, but I think it's more of a post Mullen effect. I heart Tuby though.
 7 years ago '05        #174
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
please get leavitttttt pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lmfaooooooooooooo
 7 years ago '05        #175
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
you not gettin Gruden, Bucs still payin him 5 milly a year and he's gettin easy MNF money.....he on vacation the rest of his life
 11-29-2010, 03:43 PM         #176
100 Rounds 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is a plus for NCAA Football. NCAA better when Miami is at top.

I miss those Ohio State vs Miami games
 7 years ago '05        #177
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Junior G said:
you not gettin Gruden, Bucs still payin him 5 milly a year and he's gettin easy MNF money.....he on vacation the rest of his life
That's stupid to think (not the Miami/Gruden part of it).... Gruden is a f**king football fanatic. He's a freak for the game. He desperately wants to get back on the sidelines. I don't think money is his biggest motivation to coach. To me it's simple though.... he can land an NFL job if he wants to.
 7 years ago '05        #178
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Junior G said:
please get leavitttttt pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lmfaooooooooooooo
I will pretend as if college football does not exist if we go that route.

I would honestly prefer Randy Shannon. Hell, I'd rather hire Whipple and start his garbage a.ss son at QB next season.
 7 years ago '04        #179
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456
 P. Dedos said:
next year we gonna mop up ohio state with a real coach
baaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!! :laugh ing5:
 7 years ago '09        #180
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
Mullen is a beast. If they don't get Gruden, that is who should be the next target
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago