Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #101
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
latest from manny

Manny_Navarro Manny Navarro
Hearing Jon Gruden has agreed to $3.4 mil deal to become #UM's next coach. Trying hard to confirm it officially.
3 minutes ago
 7 years ago '04        #102
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
Hearing Jon Gruden has agreed to $3.4 mil deal to become #UM's next coach. Trying hard to confirm it officially.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYY

HIUHISDOOIDOHIFDOIFDSH

HFDSIFOPDSHOIDOSHIFOSHIDFS

f**k YEAH
 7 years ago '08        #103
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 7 years ago '04        #104
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 Cap Peeler said:

If academic standards were such an issue then why doesn't LSU, Arkansas, Georgia have more national championships.. or at least bcs bowl wins ??
Because National Championships are HARD AS f**k to win . In a system where 1 loss ends your season, the days of dynasty in college ball are over.

I agree with you on everything else, but I just don't see Gruden being THAT good of a coach to get you a National Chip in 2-3 years. I don't think this hire is worth the risks when can implode your program if it doesn't work out. The risks with Gruden are much higher than the rewards, where as with someone else, you'll pay less and have more stability. Right now Miami is just swinging a stick hoping to hit something. Giving Shannon the extension, and then paying him off to leave shows no forwards thinking, and it's all reaction with no thought. Hiring Gruden to me is the same thing.

I honestly think that almost anyone Miami hires can come in and win the ACC, the conference is terrible, and Miami was supposed to win it this year. We all know that fans expect championships and Gruden isn't going to be patient enough to sit through a full recruiting class. There are plenty of other coaches who can turn this program around, I just don't understand why you would go for the riskiest proposition of them all .

This feels like Charlie Weis with Notre Dame to me TBH...
 7 years ago '04        #105
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #106
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
 Cap Peeler said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYY

HIUHISDOOIDOHIFDOIFDSH

HFDSIFOPDSHOIDOSHIFOSHIDFS

f**k YEAH

YESSSSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:: ohnoes:

ITS OVER b**chES:agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #107
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Dis show am gud!!!!!
 7 years ago '05        #108
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #109
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
 TheMagicMan said:
Because National Championships are HARD AS f**k to win . In a system where 1 loss ends your season, the days of dynasty in college ball are over.

I agree with you on everything else, but I just don't see Gruden being THAT good of a coach to get you a National Chip in 2-3 years. I don't think this hire is worth the risks when can implode your program if it doesn't work out. The risks with Gruden are much higher than the rewards, where as with someone else, you'll pay less and have more stability. Right now Miami is just swinging a stick hoping to hit something. Giving Shannon the extension, and then paying him off to leave shows no forwards thinking, and it's all reaction with no thought. Hiring Gruden to me is the same thing.

I honestly think that almost anyone Miami hires can come in and win the ACC, the conference is terrible, and Miami was supposed to win it this year. We all know that fans expect championships and Gruden isn't going to be patient enough to sit through a full recruiting class. There are plenty of other coaches who can turn this program around, I just don't understand why you would go for the riskiest proposition of them all .

This feels like Charlie Weis with Notre Dame to me TBH...
Shannon deserved the contract extension last year, no doubt in my mind. He was just coming off a 9-3 season where we could have ended up 10-2 if it wasn't because we let clemson hang around for too long and for kicking it to CJ Spiller. The team had made huge strides, we often faltered in november but we didn't. We filled voids when we got injured and depth was getting better and better.

With that said, he built the hype that this was to be our year to at least make it to the ACC championship game. s**t, he didn't have to win it, just making it would have been enough. He didn't even have to win at Ohio State, just deliver a great performance. Instead, this team underachieved, came crashing down. I don't care if Jascary got injured against Virginia, it was inexcusable to lose against them. It was also inexcusable to get BLOWN OUT against our biggest rival, Florida State at home. It was also inexcusable to get pushed around in the 4th quarter by our second biggest rival, Virginia Tech at home once again when we had the slim chance to possibly make it to the championship game. Finally, it was even more inexcusable to lose at home in OT or to even win by less than 2 TDs against one of the Big East's worst teams.
 7 years ago '05        #110
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,083 | Props total: 6981 6981
i give him no more than 3 years
 7 years ago '05        #111
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
:banana::party2::party3:
 7 years ago '04        #112
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
a source just told me this process has been going on for a month..which is why this seems like it is all happening so fast

allcanesradio tweet
 7 years ago '05        #113
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Gruden doesn't play on the field suckas.....we still gonna trash your soft a.ss team
 7 years ago '04        #114
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
a source just told me this process has been going on for a month..which is why this seems like it is all happening so fast

allcanesradio tweet
 7 years ago '05        #115
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,779 | Props total: 3235 3235
x3524050049290 trillion
 7 years ago '04        #116
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 Cap Peeler said:
Shannon deserved the contract extension last year, no doubt in my mind. He was just coming off a 9-3 season where we could have ended up 10-2 if it wasn't because we let clemson hang around for too long and for kicking it to CJ Spiller. The team had made huge strides, we often faltered in november but we didn't. We filled voids when we got injured and depth was getting better and better.

With that said, he built the hype that this was to be our year to at least make it to the ACC championship game. s**t, he didn't have to win it, just making it would have been enough. He didn't even have to win at Ohio State, just deliver a great performance. Instead, this team underachieved, came crashing down. I don't care if Jascary got injured against Virginia, it was inexcusable to lose against them. It was also inexcusable to get BLOWN OUT against our biggest rival, Florida State at home. It was also inexcusable to get pushed around in the 4th quarter by our second biggest rival, Virginia Tech at home once again when we had the slim chance to possibly make it to the championship game. Finally, it was even more inexcusable to lose at home in OT or to even win by less than 2 TDs against one of the Big East's worst teams.
I agree, inexcusable loses and I too would've fired Shannon, but I also wouldn't have given him the extension. Shannon wasn't going to go anywhere and THIS was the year that was supposed to be that next step to bringing the program back. Giving him the extension was supposed to be a show of patients and confidence and instead it was throwing good money for past work.

If Gruden happens, I hope it works out, but this looks like a short term band-aid over a program that needs some serious stitches to fix some of these issues.
 7 years ago '05        #117
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #118
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
SaveUMFootball Papa Cane
Done deal, in principle. Board of Trustees to be notified. 2 sources say the same thing.
 7 years ago '04        #119
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
done

fsu, uf, ncaa, acc, virginia tech =
[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #120
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
wooooo we so scared
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
87 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy