Miami Hurricanes And Jon Gruden Close to a DEAL

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
139 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
34 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #261
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
Big O show 640am and Manny Navarro, confirmation that John Gruden didnt except the Miami Job. They also said Dan Mullen was on a plane now headed to S Florida. Food for thought
another rumor
 7 years ago '08        #262
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
Dan Mullen? why?
 7 years ago '07        #263
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,551 | Props total: 1164 1164
Dan Mullen been coaching his a.ss off

Cant we just get this over already....
 7 years ago '04        #264
space
space
Mike Leach, the most unusual candidate the Miami Hurricanes will ever consider to run their football program, applied for the head coaching position at Key West High School in 1996. Didn't get it, but man alive, did he ever want it. Enough, at the time, to take a sizable pay cut from his a.ssistant coaching position at Valdosta State and to risk stalling what turned out to be a highly successful and innovative major-college career. "Key West is such a unique and exciting place," said Leach, who lives there now and does a daily three-hour show on the Sirius satellite radio network from his island bungalow. "Back then, I figured my kids could grow up here and go scuba diving and fishing and do things that other kids aren't exposed to. Later they might move to the mountains or something and experience that. I thought it would be good diversification. Down here, it's kind of us against the world." Clearly, this is no common coach. Leach, who has a law degree from Pepperdine University and an enduring love for pirate lore, is no common anything. He's portrayed as some kind of outlaw, yet his Texas Tech football players graduated at a rate higher than at any other public university. He's painted as being some kind of counter-culture kook, but how many people who meet that description would feel comfortable, or loved, in Lubbock, Texas? Bottom line, the man is too bright and too valuable to be living at the tail end of an island chain in what amounts to exile from the coaching profession. He'd take the Miami job in a second, installing the same crazy "Air Raid" offense that made him a spectacle in 10 seasons at Texas Tech until his ugly firing last December. So far, though, there's been no contact with UM. "It's a great job and I think it would be a great fit," Leach said. "We'd have an exciting brand of football. We'll fill the seats and we'll win games and we'll win ACC championships. "If you look at the guys on NFL rosters, in the Big 12 Texas has 32, Oklahoma has 29, Nebraska has 28 and Texas Tech has nine. Still, my record against Nebraska was something like 5-1 and we beat Oklahoma three out of the last five times. "There are lots of Hurricanes on NFL rosters. That gives you an idea of what you can draw there. If you base it on resources and production, the chances of my success along with my staff are remarkably high." At the end of the 2006 season, when Miami was hunting a replacement for Larry Coker, Leach got an interview with the Hurricanes based on the nearly 450 yards in total offense he was averaging at Texas Tech and also on the Red Raiders' string, at the time, of four bowl victories in five years. Nothing came of the interview, which led to Miami hiring Randy Shannon instead, but you wouldn't believe the tall tales that came out of that whole deal, like how Leach supposedly showed up for the interview in a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of flip-flops and how he spooked Hurricanes officials with some of his wild answers. "No, no, nothing like that," said Paul Dee, the former Miami AD who interviewed Leach, Shannon and Rutgers' Greg Schiano at a New York City hotel. "Mike's a fine guy, an interesting guy, but we just didn't get the sense that he was as interested as we had been led to believe. "We were serious about him, though. We wouldn't have interviewed anybody we weren't seriously thinking about." Leach's recollection is that Miami didn't think he would take a salary cut to come. He was willing to work that out, he said, but couldn't agree to join the Hurricanes unless he could bring his own staff. Miami wanted several guys, Shannon included, to stay on with a new coach. "My experience is that nobody believes you will work for less than what you're getting," said Leach, "but I will because it's about quality of life and situations and challenges."Leach's biggest problem, the one that's keeping him on the sidelines, is the cloud that remains from his sudden parting witht Texas Tech. Texas Tech reserve Adam James, the son of ESPN analyst Craig James, alleged that he was locked in a dark electrical closet as punishment because of a concussion that prevented him from practicing. Leach denies that, has a stack of depositions to back him up, and is going to court soon in Texas with a lawsuit against ESPN and the PR firm hired by the James family for broadcasting what he calls a false story.
 7 years ago '04        #265
space
space
Source: 'Zero chance' Gruden to MiamiEmail Print CommentsESPN.com news servicesCORAL GABLES, Fla. -- An ESPN executive says he expects Jon Gruden to stay in broadcasting instead of returning to coaching, and a source close to Gruden told ESPN's Joe Schad there is "zero" chance Gruden will accept the Miami Hurricanes' head coaching job.A Miami source told Schad the discussions were "exploratory" and that the "search continues."The Super Bowl-winning former Tampa Bay and Oakland coach has been linked to the opening at Miami. Gruden was hired as an analyst for "Monday Night Football" before last season after being fired by the Buccaneers.On a conference call Wednesday about ESPN's new booth crew for "Sunday Night Baseball," executive vice president Norby Williamson was asked if he thought Gruden would remain with the network. His response was "absolutely.""My feeling is Jon is in Year 2 of a long-term contract, and we expect Jon to be on 'Monday Night Football' doing what he's been doing for a long time to come," Williamson said.But Williamson also said it was worth the risk to hire announcers who might soon return to coaching if it meant having the top talent, however briefly.Sources in Miami had indicated Tuesday night that Gruden was the Hurricanes' top choice. Gruden issued a statement Sunday night: "I am committed to 'Monday Night Football' and to ESPN. I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job."Miami fired coach Randy Shannon last weekend, hours after the Hurricanes lost to South Florida in their regular-season finale and finished the regular season 7-5. Information from The a.ssociated Press was used in this report.
 7 years ago '09        #266
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
Just give me Mullen already, Gruden ain't coming
 12-01-2010, 03:47 PM         #267
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thought the "sources" had it pegged as gruden coming to UM....

7 years ago '04        #268
space
space
Jon Gruden won't commit to Miami Hurricanes, keeps NFL options open*BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN and MICHELLE t appears Jon Gruden isn't as interested in the University of Miami as the school's fans and boosters are in him.UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt met with Gruden in Tampa early Wednesday morning. But according to several UM sources, a job offer was not made. It was purely an exploratory conversation.According to a UM Board of Trustee member, ``Gruden was cordial, he listened to everything UM had to say but no offer was made. He said he didn't want to go further because he is keeping all his options open, including the NFL. ``He didn't say yes. He didn't so no. But in effect, it's probably a no because it will take months before the NFL jobs come open and UM can't wait that long.''The search continues. Sources told The Miami Herald other candidates will be interviewed, some possibly as late as next week.
go after harbaugh doubt he comes
 7 years ago '04        #269
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
oh well... at least the school is trying regardless. .

Dan Mullen is a pretty good coach but... why not take a shot at hiring someone of a higher pedigree like Petersen or Harbough. I know Harbough most likley wouldn't leeave Stanford but Petersen on the other hand might think about it. It ain't gonna be until the next 2 or 3 years that his team will actually be able to get a shot at the BCS title game. He's just gonna have to get used to having the big schools pass him over on the rankings because they won't play anyone in the MWC.

I could care less if we run the spread down here. All I know is that Muller is doing a good job @ Miss St which is located in bumf**k starksville with average players and they only lost by 3 to Auburn, double OT against Arkansas. This team could easily be sitting at 10-2. He inherited a team that had gone 3-9 the year before with Croom.
 7 years ago '05        #270
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
It doesn't matter who you bum n*ggas hire.
 7 years ago '05        #271
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Cap Peeler said:
oh well... at least the school is trying regardless. .

Dan Mullen is a pretty good coach but... why not take a shot at hiring someone of a higher pedigree like Petersen or Harbough. I know Harbough most likley wouldn't leeave Stanford but Petersen on the other hand might think about it. It ain't gonna be until the next 2 or 3 years that his team will actually be able to get a shot at the BCS title game. He's just gonna have to get used to having the big schools pass him over on the rankings because they won't play anyone in the MWC.

I could care less if we run the spread down here. All I know is that Muller is doing a good job @ Miss St which is located in bumf**k starksville with average players and they only lost by 3 to Auburn, double OT against Arkansas. This team could easily be sitting at 10-2. He inherited a team that had gone 3-9 the year before with Croom.
Only way I see Harbaugh leaving Stanford is to head to Michigan. Or he gets an NFL shot, but I think he'd jump on the Michigan gig before he went NFL
 7 years ago '05        #272
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,051 | Props total: 645 645
i know its been pretty bleek so far, but ne updates....i been busy cramming doing school work and s**t
 7 years ago '04        #273
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:
i know its been pretty bleek so far, but ne updates....i been busy cramming doing school work and s**t
to be frank, nobody knows what the f**k is going on... not espn, not the local media, not the "insiders" nobody.

not too long ago it came out a report that said that gruden said thanks but not interested. The herald ran a story about how gruden had used UM to get more interest and s**t which is pathetic as f**k... like Gruden needs UM to gain a little more credibility for himself.

Point is, the "insides" keep claiming that he accepted and that there will be a team meeting tomorrow night.

Some media, like the herald are saying they were told by a "source" that he said he didn't want the job but thanks.

ESPN hasn't said a damn thing.

The media are now saying that Dan Muller is in Miami right now talking to the AD and he is now the #2 candidate.

but the "insiders" are expecting Gruden to sign the dotted line tonight and the announcement will be tomorrow.

Like I said, none of these n*ggas know a damn thing.

By the way, neither Gruden nor the university have come forward denying or accepting anything.

and i swear Manny from the herald is quoting people on the grassy forums
 7 years ago '04        #274
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
 P. Dedos said:
dan muller we gonna be a spread offense now???????????????????

look at his season in the SEC

he did nothing this yaer because beat nobodies

and hes a damn turn f**k man
 P. Dedos said:
go for tubberville !!!! insteaed of dan mullen

that's embarrassing

tuberville over mullen? really n*gga?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy