Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
29 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '09        #361
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128 OP
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
Jason Pierre-Paul Tallies First Two Sacks Of The Season In Breakout Performance

[pic - click to view]

Jason Pierre-Paul understands the expectations that come with being a first-round pick. He also knows the Giants’ depth chart restricts him from becoming a starting defensive end and receiving the playing time he needs to produce inspiring statistics.

But after going through 10 regular-season games without recording a sack, the 21-year-old rookie heard about it from his teammates.

“Hopefully they’ll get off my back,” Pierre-Paul said with a smile after the Giants’ 24-20 victory against Jacksonville.

That’s because Pierre-Paul lived up to his billing in Sunday’s second half, recording his first two sacks of the season and stripping Jaguars quarterback David Garrard both times. The second and most convincing sack came on Jacksonville’s final drive.

“We knew it was just a matter of time,” defensive lineman Chris Canty said.

When Pierre-Paul returned to the locker room after the game, those veteran defensive linemen congratulated him with a dose of mockery.

“You finally got a sack, huh?” they asked.

Those same teammates have gushed since training camp about the raw tools Pierre-Paul presents. He was drafted based on potential — Pierre-Paul played only four years of organized football before earning a $20-million contract — and the franchise knew it needed to exercise patience.

But his development moved to an accelerated schedule when Mathias Kiwanuka was lost for the season in early October. Pierre-Paul gained a better understanding of the NFL after Week 4, when he realized the schemes changed each week.

Even though Pierre-Paul plays in pass-rushing situations, he often lines up inside, where he cannot simply speed around the edge. He was able to penetrate the Jaguars’ depleted offensive line yesterday and also benefited from playing against a mobile quarterback.

Because Garrard’s holds the ball longer than a less mobile quarterback, Pierre-Paul had more time to chase him.

“I was just playing defense, man,” Pierre-Paul said. “I rushed up the middle and he rolled out. So when he rolled out, I got him.”

Kiwanuka’s injury left the Giants with a void to fill. He led the team in sacks at the time of his injury. Although the defensive tackles are capable pass rushers, the defense thrived during the past five seasons when it had multiple defensive ends to rotate in and rush the passer.

Defensive tackle Barry Cofield made sure to point out that the team had more than three pass rushers when Kiwanuka was healthy, but an emerging Pierre-Paul would add an entirely new dynamic to the defense.

“Once you get the first one, it seems like a waterfall,” Cofield said.

Fellow end Justin Tuck pulled Pierre-Paul aside during the game with a message: “I don’t care what schemes they’re giving you, I don’t care what they’re doing, just play fast.”

Tuck finally saw that from the Giants’ first-round pick Sunday, and hoped that it could serve as a stepping stone for the final month of the season.

“I’ve always said JPP is one of the most athletic big men I’ve ever seen in my life,” Tuck said. “He’s a guy who, once he puts it all together on the defensive line like we ask him to do, he’s going to be a force to be reckoned with.”

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #362
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 Ricky Towel said:
Stirring halftime speech awakens sleeping Giants

7 years ago '07        #363
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
 Ricky Towel said:
Stirring halftime speech awakens sleeping Giants

Thats my d-end...
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
206 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy