Revis : "I Showed him (T.O.) how an average Corner plays"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #101
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
I have an example. Well Rodgers himself doesn't do a lot of talking but the media did and there were a lot of threads made about him this year. Supposedly some fans said some things. It is about the hype and not where a player plays. What the fans say about him, and how that player talks to the media.
 7 years ago '05        #102
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
 Gattsau said:
if they were being made against revis ud be correct. but there not so once again you are wrong.

It just shows how much tougher his job is esp considering the blitzes are not getting to the qb.
I won't argue with you on this because I have no idea. But what you're saying is the Jets blitz, the quarterback has forever to throw, and eventually a receiver can't break free from Revis? There's only so long the coverage can hold up eventually that receiver is gonna be open.
 7 years ago '05        #103
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 Blkboipurp said:
Yea but if thats the case T.O should have kept his mouth shut.I agree that carson is trash and his O-line is suspect but at the same time if your gonna call some1 average U better be able 2 back it up
 Chuck Hustle said:
6yrds/catch is average for who though?
the avg for Qb Yards per pass is 9.0 so yea 6;0 is about avg b**ch

get your info rite before u try to clown look it up. but he did not shut him down T.O caught 75 percent of passes thrown to him what more can he do carson is a scrub
 7 years ago '04        #104
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 1850 1850
give t.o a good quarterback and n*ggaz gon get that wood... all day
 7 years ago '07        #105
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,643 | Props total: 437 437
 -BigC- said:
it has nothing to do with where he plays

Its the hype you jets fans give him.
even you dont believe that yaself
 7 years ago '10        #106
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,374 | Props total: 9645 9645
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
the avg for Qb Yards per pass is 9.0 so yea 6;0 is about avg b**ch

get your info rite before u try to clown look it up. but he did not shut him down T.O caught 75 percent of passes thrown to him what more can he do carson is a scrub
Homie I ain't tryna clown you i'm telling you like it is that revis shut homie down last night and as far as carson being his QB................ no1 put a gun to T.o's head and made him go sign with the bengals lol.

As for T.O catching 75 percent lets bring up how many yards he managed 2 get last night and tell me again that he wasn't shut down lol
 7 years ago '05        #107
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
 Gattsau said:
comeon now your exaggereting and you know it.

the avg a qb has is what 5-7 seconds.

im not saying qbs have 15 secs vs our bltizes.

but you do realize that blitzing leaves guys uncovered or man to man right?

Revis is only covering one guy.

When that blitz comes if the qb has time he will find the open man.

jets have been getting by k!lled slot wideouts/tes all year since they are man to man with our nickels/safeties who cant cover. I can bring out examples from every game this year.

Desspite this revis is still locking up big time players. Why do you think hes so valueable to our team and such a big deal was made of his hold out? You think it was that big of a deal because he was a vg cb who was getting carried by his teams pass rush
I believe in team defense and not two corners that can cover. And just the fact that Revis is a good corner it just makes sense to throw to their nickle and dime corners. The Packers love to do this. Even if a corner is just average the chances are higher when they can attack your nickle and dime corners. Revis is locking up elite receivers because he's a good corner. He's getting help. That's a part of it. It doesn't even matter if TO was right or wrong. His comments were stupid. And Revis's comments after the game were as stupid.
 7 years ago '10        #108
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 Fly 2ndComing said:
This right here is why I'm losing respect for Revis man. He watches film and will see he was beaten a few times and Palmer couldnt get the ball there either because of a s**tty throw or Revis teammates getting pressure. Revis should be saying I wanna thank Calvin, Shaun, B Scott and the others for helping my job be so easy.
But no, he will take the credit for a job he didnt do. Now, thats some selfish f**king s**t right there man. QBs and RBs dont get up there and say I did this all myself. They always prop their O Line, even buy them gifts. Revis has a lot to learn, I'm still a fan but not like I used to be

Oh yeah, he should thank his safeties because there were several times a ball was thrown Owens' way and I saw three green jerseys around him.

Can we cut this bullsh!t? So what did you say when TO was talking sh!t before?? In fact, aren't you the one that said T.O was entitled to speak about McNabb? So why can't Revis speak out against T.O when he pretty much called him out as average????

It's funny. For weeks now everyone has been saying "Oh T.O is the only one doing sh!t on that team. Palmer sucks but T.O putting in work!". Now T.O gets shut down and the only reason he got shut down was because of Palmer ??

I mean taking credit for a job he didn't do? There are several great defenses in this league...some of them better than the Jets defense. But yet you see some top receivers struggling against the Jets defense and you think it has nothing to do with Revis? Would T.O have 3 catches for 17 yards against the Steelers or Ravens?? No...because the Jets actually have a shut down corner that when healthy can handle business

younggangsta_s said:
How when he got beat a few times but bad throws or pressure on Palmer saved him?

Dude, what you saw was T.O shaking Revis on quick inside slant routes. That was the only way T.O was gonna be able to do anything against him, but for the most part he was covered. The way to beat great Cornerbacks is to run quick on the inside into traffic but then the receiver is just gonna get tackled right away anyway

shadymilkman said:
I saw TO shaking Revis every play. Palmer barely looked at Owens.

Palmer didn't throw to him because for the most part he was covered. The only way T.O was gonna do anything significant was if he ran quick inside routes into traffic

Last edited by Smoke500; 11-26-2010 at 08:33 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #109
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
 Gattsau said:
of course he has help every cb in history has help. But that doesnt diminish what hes doing on the field. Hes more than good hes the best corner in football.
Eh so why are we acting like he's shutting down receivers by himself all the time? That's it's OK for him to make comments like this?
 7 years ago '05        #110
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
 Gattsau said:
the same reason its ok for TO to call him an avg wideout and act like he does everything on his own when he needs a qb to throw him the ball and a oline to block for the qb. Itsa team game no1 does it alone.
What TO and Revis said were two different things. It's TO and that was his opinion. Revis didn't give props to anybody but himself. He's that kind of player. By his comments it wouldn't seem like Revis thinks it's a team game. When asked about TO he didn't have to say anything.
 7 years ago '05        #111
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
 Gattsau said:
wow .

Did you really just imply TO cares mroe aabout the team than revis.

Revis has been a team guy throughout his career even with his messy holdout.
Just saying bro his comment after the game were stupid. What TO said was just his opinion. I see you like twisting things in your favor..

I think we all know what happened to Owens. Carson Palmer throws him the ball
 7 years ago '05        #112
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
 Gattsau said:
Carson palmer has been throwing him the ball all year and hes been putting up numbers .

Im not twisting anything thats all you homie.

You do know one reason owens said what he said was that revis called him a slouch. So revis gave his opinion TO gave his. Revis proved that TO's a.ssessment was wrong while his was correct
Still can't agree with this because by the way people are talking TO was open but Palmer failed to get him the ball. TO was wrong about Revis, obviously, but I don't see how what happened in the game really tells the story. Know what I'm saying?
 7 years ago '12        #113
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
Revis > TO right now, no arguing that

Now TO in his prime.. Thats a diff story
 7 years ago '04        #114
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
balls that were thrown TO's way were caught
 7 years ago '07        #115
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
TO has 8 touchdowns and 900 yards already with 6 games left

palmer clearly cant throw him the ball

revis has nothing to do with it
 7 years ago '05        #116
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 Smoke500 said:

Dude, what you saw was T.O shaking Revis on quick inside slant routes. That was the only way T.O was gonna be able to do anything against him, but for the most part he was covered. The way to beat great Cornerbacks is to run quick on the inside into traffic but then the receiver is just gonna get tackled right away anyway
You just admitted that T.O. was shaking Revis. Hell, T.O. beat Revis on that throw to the endzone but Palmer underthrew the ball.
 7 years ago '07        #117
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 younggangsta_s said:
You just admitted that T.O. was shaking Revis. Hell, T.O. beat Revis on that throw to the endzone but Palmer underthrew the ball.
with a push off
 7 years ago '05        #118
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 5 5
I can't wait til Brady lights up Revis Island, u f*gs disgust me
 7 years ago '05        #119
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 INF4MOUS said:
with a push off
There was no push-off. They were right there on the sideline in front of the ref. That would have been flagged immediately.
 7 years ago '04        #120
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
 klew said:
Still can't agree with this because by the way people are talking TO was open but Palmer failed to get him the ball. TO was wrong about Revis, obviously, but I don't see how what happened in the game really tells the story. Know what I'm saying?
Wait a min, all these comments you made in this thread, and you didn't even see the game? You're basing your opinion on what people are saying in this thread? WTF? This whole thread is hilarious. Coming into the game, people were all hyped talking about how T.O. is going to beast Revis and his stats from last year don't matter b/c he didn't have a QB, and now that he has one, he's going to k!ll Revis, blah blah blah. So Revis goes out and shuts him down. So now its "If T.O. had Brady or Manning it would be different." Well here's one for you to chew on. NEITHER RANDY MOSS NOR REGGIE WAYNE HAS EVER HAD A GOOD GAME AGAINST REVIS! These highlight watchers see Moss make one catch and they think he owns Revis. They don't account for the fact that b4 that catch Moss had 1 rec for 4yrds the whole half.

It's funny cuz you got a bunch of clowns on here saying dumb s**t like "I don't like Revis cuz he talks too much trash, but he's nowhere near as good as Deion." WHO THE f**k TALKED MORE TRASH THAN DEION SANDERS? And everyone loves Deion. Go figure. The real reason people don't like Revis is b/c he's great and he plays in the biggest media market in the world. So everytime he shines, it's going to be in your face all week. Deal w/ it.

Oh yeah @ people saying stupid s**t like: "Revis got burned on that 2 yrd checkdown pass to Benson." If the QB didn't throw you the ball, you didn't burn anybody. You just ran down the field. And chances are you only looked open b/c your defender was paying more attention to the guy that actually had the ball! T.O. is amongst the league leaders in almost every receiving category. He's even had a 200yrd game this year, but Palmer is the reason he had an off game against Revis. I never knew Carson was Cinci's 3rd string QB. I know I haven't been watching a lot of Bengals games this year, so somebody school me...

Who was throwing T.O. the ball in the first 10 games of the season when everybody was yelling "T.O. still has it!"

Last edited by BackBlock_OG; 11-27-2010 at 11:07 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy