What is 'Basic Cable' and 'Network' Television?

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
109 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
156 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
9763 pageviews
4 comments

CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
What is 'Basic Cable' and 'Network' Television?

In Britain we have terrestrial television, which is just 5 regular channels, available to everybody with a working TV, and Sky, which is a company you sign up to to pay monthly, and you receive hundreds of channels. We do also have 'Freeview' and other similar companies who offer more than 5 channels, but nowhere near as much as what Sky offer.

Anyway, I've been watching Conan every day since he returned to television (downloaded the episodes), and he's now on TBS, right? Now, I know TBS and NBC are two completely different channels...but what's the difference between 'basic cable' and 'network' television?

4 comments for "What is 'Basic Cable' and 'Network' Television?"

7 years ago '05        #2
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
im not american but i think
nbc, abc, cbs, and possibly fox are considered network tv because u dont need a cable subscription to watch

tbs u need to pay for.. meaning ur audience reach would be smaller
 7 years ago '04        #3
latin_linx 349 heat pts349
space
space
$9,771 | Props total: 320 320
Network Television are channels that are broadcast over the air that can be pick up by a antenna. Basic Cable are channels that are available for a fee through a Cable company.
 7 years ago '06        #4
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 CuZzA said:
In Britain we have terrestrial television, which is just 5 regular channels, available to everybody with a working TV, and Sky, which is a company you sign up to to pay monthly, and you receive hundreds of channels. We do also have 'Freeview' and other similar companies who offer more than 5 channels, but nowhere near as much as what Sky offer.

Anyway, I've been watching Conan every day since he returned to television (downloaded the episodes), and he's now on TBS, right? Now, I know TBS and NBC are two completely different channels...but what's the difference between 'basic cable' and 'network' television?
Basically it's the BASIC tv channels that are free as opposed to channels that you must pay for.

And you don't have to download them. You can watch the episodes on TeamCoco.com (if you can get access in Britain)
 7 years ago '10        #5
yqj312 
space
space
space
$90 | Props total: 0 0
Network channels are those that are broadcast over the are and are subject to sanctions form the government for content issues. Cable is a TV service that is similar to sky, that offer hundreds of TV channels for a monthly fee and they are not subject to government sanctions. There are several companies you can by into but which one you get depends on the area in which you live and they all compete with satellite.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
157 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
72 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy