A Numbers Comparison Between Eminem & Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,376 | Props total: 11678 11678
 psylence2k said:
number 1 albums as an absolute standard is flawed, it all depends on whose out when your album drops, i guarantee if eminem dropped the same week as Jay since 99 then Jay's record would be cut to less than half, ppl need to top talking about number 1's like it's a big deal, record sales as a whole are a way better measure , Diddy and Rick Ross get number 1 albums by only clearing around 150 k while ppl who sell 500k in one week get number 2 if they happen to drop on the same week as a megastar, now tell me how that is good measuring stick?

and i dont know why you mentioned Gaga, she only has 1 and a half albums out, and neither hit number 1, I think you have albums confused with number 1 singles. Stop accepting the sugar fluffed stats that Jay's marketing team feeds you and do your own research on what it actually means.
To have more Number 1 albums than Elvis Presley is quite impressive and it is a big deal. Your using the "if" factor. If you want to use it then "if" Eminem was black that n*gga would be tech n9ne if you want to use that. He definently would be selling 20 percent of what hes selling now. So if your gonna call a spade call the other a spade its a fact and thats a fact.
 7 years ago '04        #62
space
space
 psylence2k said:

and i dont know why you mentioned Gaga, she only has 1 and a half albums out, and neither hit number 1, I think you have albums confused with number 1 singles. Stop accepting the sugar fluffed stats that Jay's marketing team feeds you and do your own research on what it actually means.
She will trust me, when she 1st dropped she didnt have a following like she does now.

So I know what Im talking about stats are stats no matter how much you dont want to believe them son. She is as big as Madonna and Madonna was huge.
 7 years ago '04        #63
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,264 | Props total: 3849 3849
There's more white people in America than blacks. How could Em lose? Don't let it make you think he's a better rapper.
 7 years ago '04        #64
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 StateProperty88 said:
that he has 11 of them all in different years...i understand if you was talking about someone that did it like 3-4 times but for him to do it with such longevity is a good barometer for how prominent he was and is in the rap game (he's the only solo artist to be able to say this...thats not a coincidence) im not saying us it as a full analysis...but it should take a part
only thing I give Jay credit for relative to this topic is his constant output of music, he dropped an album a year for a decade which i applaud but numbers 1's as a whole for ANY artist i just disregard, the cumulative record sales are already a better measure cuz it captures the prestige of a number 1 and more , it tells the whole story, the bigger picture. I didn't applaud when Ross, Banks, or Diddy grabbed number 1 albums cuz they released on weeks when nothing was out, so it's only keeping it unbiased to disregard Jay's as well, im not saying that means he's not a great artist, he's in my top 5, and there's so many other things i can praise him for but number 1 records as a whole are stupid, 11 PLATINUM albums is something id rather applaud him for which i think he has done or is close to. The number 1 claims is something his marketing team keeps pushing out there to make him seem great relative to soundscan giants such as elvis, michael jackson, the beatles, etc, when realistically he is no where near them.

"10 number albums in a row who better than me? just the beatles.... i crush Elvis in his blue suede shoes"

I'm a much bigger Jay fan than Elvis but i dont sip the bias kool aid, i call it like it is, and how Hov has the audacity to make it seem like this feat matters when being compared to these other guys is beyond me.

DJ Maximum said:
To have more Number 1 albums than Elvis Presley is quite impressive and it is a big deal. Your using the "if" factor. If you want to use it then "if" Eminem was black that n*gga would be tech n9ne if you want to use that. He definently would be selling 20 percent of what hes selling now. So if your gonna call a spade call the other a spade its a fact and thats a fact.
Speculative BS. please think about what you just said and then go read my previous posts in this thread and feel free to tell me what else do you see from your crystal ball of certainty.

Last edited by psylence2k; 11-25-2010 at 01:30 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #65
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
Highest grossing hip hop movies of all time

[pic - click to view]

$242,875,078

[pic - click to view]

$46,442,528

[pic - click to view]

$43,051,547

[pic - click to view]

Right so Eminem sold his 90million because he is white but why has Jay Z not outsold 2pac yet?

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 11-25-2010 at 01:30 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #66
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,264 | Props total: 3849 3849
There's more white people in America than blacks. How could Em lose? Don't let it make you think he's a better rapper.
 7 years ago '04        #67
space
space
 psylence2k said:
only thing I give Jay credit for relative to this topic is his constant output of music, he dropped an album a year for a decade which i applaud but numbers 1's as a whole for ANY artist i just disregard, the cumulative record sales are already a better measure cuz it captures the prestige of a number 1 and more , it tells the whole story, the bigger picture. I didn't applaud when Ross, Banks, or Diddy grabbed number 1 albums cuz they released on weeks when nothing was out, so it's only keeping it unbiased to disregard Jay's as well, im not saying that means he's not a great artist, he's in my top 5, and there's so many other things i can praise him for but number 1 records as a whole are stupid, 11 PLATINUM albums is something id rather applaud him for which i think he has done or is close to.

Speculative BS. please think about what you just said and then go read my previous posts in this thread and feel free to tell me what else do you see from your crystal ball of certainty.
u hit me with "if" I hit u back with it.... lol and u cant handle it so ur gonna tell me I'm being speculative? and your not? damn son take ur L

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #68
space
space
 biscuit said:
There's more white people in America than blacks. How could Em lose?
The same way every other white rapper loses,look at the crowd at a Jay Z they are bound to be mostly white.

You think Jay Z sold what he sold without white people buying atleast 3/4 of his albums?
 7 years ago '04        #69
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Highest grossing hip hop movies of all time

[pic - click to view]

$242,875,078

[pic - click to view]

$46,442,528

[pic - click to view]

$43,051,547

[pic - click to view]

Right so Eminem sold his 90million because he is white but why has Jay Z not outsold 2pac yet?
Pac is dead. When he died music was selling @ its highest everybody went out and bought Pac's CD.... U started to listen to Hiphop When u were 15 son....
 7 years ago '08        #70
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,155 | Props total: 305 305
they both fell off
 7 years ago '09        #71
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
Pac is dead. When he died music was selling @ its highest everybody went out and bought Pac's CD.... U started to listen to Hiphop When u were 15 son....
Jay Z debuted the year after 2pac really blew up
 7 years ago '04        #72
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
She will trust me, when she 1st dropped she didnt have a following like she does now.

So I know what Im talking about stats are stats no matter how much you dont want to believe them son. She is as big as Madonna and Madonna was huge.
Her following was HUGE when fame monster dropped and she only hit number 3 and cleared 170,000, go do your research. She has the HYPE madonna had at one point, im not saying she WONT reach Madonna's legacy but to call it so prematurely is very naive. Let her follow through with two decades of hit albums, singles, and constant relevance and influence on pop culture and THEN you can say that, nowadays ppl are so quick to jump on a craze out the gate it's like longevity doesn't matter, when Justin Timberlake first got hot they were calling him the next Michael Jackson on his FIRST album, i mean cmon.
 11-25-2010, 01:35 PM         #73
blackandblue  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Maximum said:
False. Soundscan sales reached their peak in 2000-2002.
 7 years ago '09        #74
SofaKingFresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$737 | Props total: 134 134

[pic - click to view]

Cuz I BE IN THERE LIKE
[pic - click to view]

I BE POPPIN CAPS LIKE
[pic - click to view]

I k!ll FAMILIEES LIKE
[pic - click to view]

I BE PUNKIN n*ggaS LIKE
[pic - click to view]

You dont want it

[pic - click to view]

:afro:
 7 years ago '09        #75
space
space
 blackandblue said:
False. Soundscan sales reached their peak in 2000-2002.
I would of thought that aswell,people doin 2.4million 1st week for f**k sake
 7 years ago '04        #76
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
u hit me with "if" I hit u back with it.... lol and u cant handle it so ur gonna tell me I'm being speculative? and your not? damn son take ur L
idiot, no one here is being speculative cuz there's ACTUAL NUMBERS for other weeks that say for certain if jay dropped the same week he wouldn't hit #1, . 800,000 is the actual NUMBER that 50 did, 1.7 mill is an ACTUAL NUMBER that Em did, 700,000 is an actual NUMBER that kanye did, there's no "if " behind these scenarios, Jay-Z WOULD not get number 1 had he chose to drop the same week and that's a FACT, you're a.ssuming Eminem's biological disposition effecting his character inclination regardless of a drastic environmental change not effecting the direction of his music is PURELY speculative cuz there's nothing you can prove it with please tell me im wrong idiot. You should stay away from concepts of probability if you dont understand the dependent variables that go along with it, go take a statistics class or something.

Last edited by psylence2k; 11-25-2010 at 01:44 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #77
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,155 | Props total: 305 305
 psylence2k said:
idiot, no one here is being speculative cuz there's ACTUAL NUMBERS for other weeks that say for certain if jay dropped the same week he wouldn't hit #1, . 800,000 is the actual NUMBER that 50 did, 1.7 mill is an ACTUAL NUMBER that Em did, 700,000 is an actual NUMBER that kanye did, there's no "if " behind these scenarios, Jay-Z WOULD not get number 1 had he chose to drop the same week and that's a FACT, you're a.ssuming Eminem's biological disposition effecting his character inclination regardless of a drastic environmental change not effecting the direction of his music is PURELY speculative cuz there's nothing you can prove it with please tell me im wrong idiot. You should stay away from concepts of probability if you dont understand the dependent variables that go along with it, go take a statistics class or something.

Isn't hovs highest amount of sales 1st week KC??? And that is after he pulled that retirement s**t...
 7 years ago '04        #78
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,491 | Props total: 6434 6434
 Sivraj said:
How the f**k does Jay beat em in storytelling???? Em is way more creative....As a matter of fact Em period>>>>>>>>jay.
yeah seriously. if Em was black, it wouldn't be an argument, it'd be like comparing Andre 3000 to T.I.
 7 years ago '04        #79
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
 Kadroan said:
yeah seriously. if Em was black, it wouldn't be an argument, it'd be like comparing Andre 3000 to T.I.
Get real, if Em was black he would be doing Slaughterhouse #'s. If you think I'm lying, name one other "battle" rapper who doesn't have any song the are hot in the streets or in the club that sell like Eminem. White people k!ll me w/ this bulls**t about if Em was black, black people would think he's the GOAT. Name 1 black gimmick battle rapper that sells.
 11-25-2010, 02:01 PM         #80
blackandblue  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BackBlock_OG said:
Get real, if Em was black he would be doing Slaughterhouse #'s. If you think I'm lying, name one other "battle" rapper who doesn't have any song the are hot in the streets or in the club that sell like Eminem. White people k!ll me w/ this bulls**t about if Em was black, black people would think he's the GOAT. Name 1 black gimmick battle rapper that sells.
Lol @ Em being a gimmick rapper.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
14 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy