XXL Mag. Article: Why Does the Internet Hate Nas...??

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-24-2010, 08:02 PM         #101
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Corleone said:
that comparison with Jay as Kennedy and Nas as Nixon was on point in my eyes
idiot.
 11-24-2010, 08:49 PM         #102
Kakarot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Walt Thizzney said:
Cam ended what was left of dudes career
and lets see what k!lla scam is doing nowadays. oh wait hes doing albums with vado......

camron lost
 7 years ago '04        #103
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,599 | Props total: 369 369
 Marvin Hagler said:
13 Reasons Why Nas LOST

1) sayin he cried when Pac dissed him, n*gga please thats hoeish

2) Biggie dissed Nas daughter wit a straight unforgivable double entendre on Victory: "I'm in yo mama crib waitin' duct tapin yo fam, DESTINY lays in my hands" and what the n*gga do? called Biggie "his heart" on Last Real n*gga Alive after he straight disrespected yo seed

3) 9th grade drop out becuz he was runnin behind a crackhead hoe. on Memory Lane: "I dropped outta Cooley High, gassed up by a cocaine cutie pie"

4) claimz to be a pro black brother for the upliftment of the people yet the n*gga wanted to do a mock lynching of another black man (Jay) at Summer Jam. when they wouldnt let the n*gga do it for obvious reasons he takes to the radio on Power 105 and rants about a gang of s**t includin how Hot97, Angie and Flex are ruinin hip hop. he puts a bounty on Flex's chain and says he'll NEVER EVER be on Hot97 again. he also said they gonna have to pay HIM to play HIS records becuz somebody needs to take a stand.

5) SMH fast forward months later and theres Nas on Hot97 apologizin publicly to Flex and Angie like a b**ch becuz they banned his music. apparently them playin yo records was more important than the cause you claimed to stand up for Nas.

6) Isabel Sanford DID win an emmy Nas, do yo damn research ya HS dropout. (These Are Our Heroes)

7) a n*gga f**ks yo baby mama, makes songs about it (Is That Yo b**ch original version), left condoms in yo daughter's baby seat and what do you do? get on stage wit the n*gga, shake his hand in front the world and later become his employee. after two lackluster collabos years later the n*gga ditches you, signs a 100 million dollar deal wit Live Nation and in 2010 you arguin wit yo new boss to release yo album..... ironically titled LOST Tapes

8) you wife a known industry hoe who f**ked for tracks (Pharell)...... you call her yo queen and say she'll lure n*ggas to you by usin her milkshake to entice them (Queens Get The Money)..... tattoo the b**ch on yo arm.... she writes a song called Bossy where she brags about HER being tattooed on your arm like the simp you is..... you create a skit on yo album where she asks which b**ch you'd wanna f**k and you say nobody becuz it's all about her (awwww thats so sweeeeet, ole simp a.ss n*gga)..... write an entire song about marryin the b**ch..... do a video where she shakin her a.ss in a diner while you in da back cookin for the n*ggas being entertained by her SMMFH.... years later the triflin gutter butt hoe divorces you and cakes off wit $50,000 a month in spousal support.... oh yeah, that n*gga who f**ked your baby momma? he's married to Beyonce Knowles

9) you make a provocative album title called Hip Hop Is Dead and you never explain why its dead on the album. Jeezy takes it as a diss to the south and publicly questions yo gangsta, instead of addressin the n*gga you get on a song wit him. not only that but when asked about it in 2010 you saw naw hip hop is alive now (interview wit Damien Marley) SMMFH

10) you say its ok for Eminem to use the N word????? becuz he's yo n*gga???? and you supposed to be a pro black brother??? the f**k would Malcolm, Huey and Bobby say about that Nas? LOSS cuz u let Eminem or any white boy say that shiit around me and I'm finna turn into Colin Ferguson shawty real talk

11) you name yo album title N. I.G.G.E.R. and raise all kinda controversy. the label says they aint finna release it wit that title and you say that you REFUSE to change it, that you will stand by yo convictions and freedom of artistic expression becuz you makin a social statement. what you do when it gets down to the wire? buckle just like yo b**ch a.ss did wit Flex and Hot97 and change it to Untitled..... SMMFH

12) you call yoself God's Son but all you ever do is disrespect the Lord and his servants. when you were 12 you went to hell for snuffin Jesus, you hold a Mac 11 and attack the reverend, you wavin automatic guns at nuns, you stickin up preachers in the church... and then you sign to a n*gga named Jay-hova and become God's son for real

13) Quan, Serchlite Publishing and Ill Will Records... speaks for itself n*gga

look mayne this aint no Camel Stan or Nas hater. Nas the best lyricist ever and he still top 5 right now. I respect him as an artist and bought errythang the boy ever put out but facts are facts. Nas lost and he need to smarten up furreal

1 reason why you ride the short bus..... you were an abortion that went wrong... You dont even understand the music you are listening 2....
 11-25-2010, 01:00 AM         #104
Classik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrookLynnStiles said:
nas lost

its not hate, its just fun to make fun of that n*gga
This...
 11-25-2010, 01:23 AM         #105
Classik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marvin Hagler said:
13 Reasons Why Nas LOST

2) Biggie dissed Nas daughter wit a straight unforgivable double entendre on Victory: "I'm in yo mama crib waitin' duct tapin yo fam, DESTINY lays in my hands" and what the n*gga do? called Biggie "his heart" on Last Real n*gga Alive after he straight disrespected yo seed

3) 9th grade drop out becuz he was runnin behind a crackhead hoe. on Memory Lane: "I dropped outta Cooley High, gassed up by a cocaine cutie pie"

4) claimz to be a pro black brother for the upliftment of the people yet the n*gga wanted to do a mock lynching of another black man (Jay) at Summer Jam. when they wouldnt let the n*gga do it for obvious reasons he takes to the radio on Power 105 and rants about a gang of s**t includin how Hot97, Angie and Flex are ruinin hip hop. he puts a bounty on Flex's chain and says he'll NEVER EVER be on Hot97 again. he also said they gonna have to pay HIM to play HIS records becuz somebody needs to take a stand.

5) SMH fast forward months later and theres Nas on Hot97 apologizin publicly to Flex and Angie like a b**ch becuz they banned his music. apparently them playin yo records was more important than the cause you claimed to stand up for Nas.

6) Isabel Sanford DID win an emmy Nas, do yo damn research ya HS dropout. (These Are Our Heroes)

7) a n*gga f**ks yo baby mama, makes songs about it (Is That Yo b**ch original version), left condoms in yo daughter's baby seat and what do you do? get on stage wit the n*gga, shake his hand in front the world and later become his employee. after two lackluster collabos years later the n*gga ditches you, signs a 100 million dollar deal wit Live Nation and in 2010 you arguin wit yo new boss to release yo album..... ironically titled LOST Tapes

8) you wife a known industry hoe who f**ked for tracks (Pharell)...... you call her yo queen and say she'll lure n*ggas to you by usin her milkshake to entice them (Queens Get The Money)..... tattoo the b**ch on yo arm.... she writes a song called Bossy where she brags about HER being tattooed on your arm like the simp you is..... you create a skit on yo album where she asks which b**ch you'd wanna f**k and you say nobody becuz it's all about her (awwww thats so sweeeeet, ole simp a.ss n*gga)..... write an entire song about marryin the b**ch..... do a video where she shakin her a.ss in a diner while you in da back cookin for the n*ggas being entertained by her SMMFH.... years later the triflin gutter butt hoe divorces you and cakes off wit $50,000 a month in spousal support.... oh yeah, that n*gga who f**ked your baby momma? he's married to Beyonce Knowles

9) you make a provocative album title called Hip Hop Is Dead and you never explain why its dead on the album. Jeezy takes it as a diss to the south and publicly questions yo gangsta, instead of addressin the n*gga you get on a song wit him. not only that but when asked about it in 2010 you saw naw hip hop is alive now (interview wit Damien Marley) SMMFH

10) you say its ok for Eminem to use the N word????? becuz he's yo n*gga???? and you supposed to be a pro black brother??? the f**k would Malcolm, Huey and Bobby say about that Nas? LOSS cuz u let Eminem or any white boy say that shiit around me and I'm finna turn into Colin Ferguson shawty real talk

11) you name yo album title N. I.G.G.E.R. and raise all kinda controversy. the label says they aint finna release it wit that title and you say that you REFUSE to change it, that you will stand by yo convictions and freedom of artistic expression becuz you makin a social statement. what you do when it gets down to the wire? buckle just like yo b**ch a.ss did wit Flex and Hot97 and change it to Untitled..... SMMFH

12) you call yoself God's Son but all you ever do is disrespect the Lord and his servants. when you were 12 you went to hell for snuffin Jesus, you hold a Mac 11 and attack the reverend, you wavin automatic guns at nuns, you stickin up preachers in the church... and then you sign to a n*gga named Jay-hova and become God's son for real

look mayne this aint no Camel Stan or Nas hater. Nas the best lyricist ever and he still top 5 right now. I respect him as an artist and bought errythang the boy ever put out but facts are facts. Nas lost and he need to smarten up furreal

I died when i read this s**t. rofl. Its all real s**t and i gotta agree with it.
 7 years ago '08        #106
CarmeloStarks 93 heat pts93
space
space
$9,187 | Props total: 971 971
On tha realz i'm a Nas Fan but he contradicts himself way too much & during his Jay-Z beef was talkin bout everyone, Nas is a hip hop version of a loner

Walt Thizzney said:
OFF WITH UR KUFFI!!!!!!

Cam Bodied Nas on that track & whoever says otherwise is either Deaf or stupid

Kakarot said:
and lets see what k!lla scam is doing nowadays. oh wait hes doing albums with vado......

camron lost
GTFOH, Vado & Cam are some of the few artists keepin NY rap alive

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #107
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30386 30386
*insert didn't read .gif here*

*insert nas' divorce settlement here*

*insert picture of kelis here*

Nas lost

*insert pic of Jay handing Nas an 'L' here*
 7 years ago '07        #108
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
Nas is one of the greatest rap talents to ever exist but fell victim to some embarrassing circumstances. I think he just sits back every day and says "f**k it".
 7 years ago '07        #109
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30386 30386
 Marvin Hagler said:
13 Reasons Why Nas LOST

What's funnier than that is... you apply half that list to ANY OTHER rapper, and kids would be screaming about how cats lost. Yet, people still defending Nas.

Let Jim Jones f**k Beyonce, and let's see if the internet doesn't blow-the-f**k up with people saying 'Jay Lost'. The world would sell out of T-shirts, and run completely out of cotton, in 1-hr at the skyrocketing request for 'Jay-Z Lost' garments.

Joe Budden lost for less than this. MC Hammer lost for less than this. Yung Berg got a few chains snatched... but he didn't get the next 18 years of his income snatched. Cats on here like JadeYorker get exposed on Boxden and then get run off the site... that is not even 1/100th of the exposure Nas been through.

There is not one person on this board.... after really thinking about it for a good minute, that would want Nas' entire life.... and THAT is why Nas lost.

Last edited by stogz; 11-25-2010 at 02:02 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #110
HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853
space
space
$8,408 | Props total: 11354 11354
Nas lost
 7 years ago '09        #111
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8864 8864
 stogz said:
What's funnier than that is... you apply half that list to ANY OTHER rapper, and kids would be screaming about how cats lost. Yet, people still defending Nas.

Let Jim Jones f**k Beyonce, and let's see if the internet doesn't blow-the-f**k up with people saying 'Jay Lost'. The world would sell out of T-shirts, and run completely out of cotton, in 1-hr at the skyrocketing request for 'Jay-Z Lost' garments.

Joe Budden lost for less than this. MC Hammer lost for less than this. Yung Berg got a few chains snatched... but he didn't get the next 18 years of his income snatched. Cats on here like JadeYorker get exposed on Boxden and then get run off the site... that is not even 1/100th of the exposure Nas been through.

There is not one person on this board.... after really thinking about it for a good minute, that would want Nas' entire life.... and THAT is why Nas lost.
NaS is a f**king Millionaire, Money you would never make, this n*gga is a clown
 7 years ago '06        #112
Addled Thoughts 1 heat pts
space
space
$744 | Props total: 18 18
 Youngtanna'08 said:
This is perhaps the one of realest statements I've read, whether you meant it as such or not. Any claims that NAS is either more authentic or not mainstream or what so have you are illegitimate because he has tried over and over again to simply sell records, to give the mainstream audience what they needed at the time. Tracks with Lil John, deals with murder Inc, various vapid pop hits and worst, working with Diddy in any significant capacity (historically the worst thing any artist could every do) undermines his "I'm not pop, I'm something else" persona.

I personally mess with Nas real hard, not because he makes me feel more intelligent or like some kind of elitist hiphop head, but because he has lyrics and flow, he's always had lyrics and flow, some better than others but he raps like a pioneer, like someone thats been doing it for a very long time and knows exactly what he's doing. IMO he's better than Jay lyrically by a strong margin but their delivery have become similar over time. But if the hip hop masses held lyrics genuinely to any high regard we'd all mess with poetry harder.

But we don't usually, understandably so. It takes a whole machine that sells an artist to us, that makes us f**k persona and his craft. Jay's is the best in the game. "Nas lost" ironically happens to be a part of Nas' machine. I love the analogy between Kennedy and Nixon in the article because its so poignant how n*ggas can d!ck-ride Jay and in the same breath hate on Nas, but still elect them both, their both politicians playing the game, lets not forget that, and they both win more often than not.

I think its the typical Nas stans that really cause the backlash however. Everytime someone wants to defend Nas they condescendingly cite the content of his lyrics like their immensely intelligent or something, that they feel somehow more righteous or militant or intellectual listening to it, like every other lyricist is dumbed down in comparison. That's probably the most offensive thing some one can say in defense of Nas because truth be told, he's not that smart. Like really, he's really not that smart. Nas has an eye for detail and can expound greatly on the things around him. Thats why Illmatic was so hot, he drew Queensbridge for us with all its nuances; throw in some 5 Percenter talk and hungry young n*gga flow, you have a classic. But nowadays he's a cliched activist thats not even active or well-informed, chubby and making poor personal decisions. "Nas lost" is simply a sarcastic timely internet jab at Nas as prophet from the late 90s and early 2000s.

Basically listen to your rappers for rap not philosophy of politics, or you'll just look foolish and angry when you're f!ghting memes.

Nas Lost
Props for probably the most intelligent response in a juvenile thread on Boxden ever.
 11-25-2010, 06:13 AM         #113
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marvin Hagler said:
13 Reasons Why Nas LOST

wooooowww I usually wouldnt even bother reading long a.ss posts like this on this site
but im glad I did and even thou nas is one of my best lyricists ever.....that was the realest post in this mothafuqa u even brought back good points that I didnt even remember

damn NAS LOST

but im still downloadin that "Nas Lost" Tape when it drops
 11-25-2010, 06:38 AM         #114
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
Nas is one of the greatest rap talents to ever exist but fell victim to some embarrassing circumstances. I think he just sits back every day and says "f**k it".
 7 years ago '10        #115
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,284 | Props total: 23794 23794

[pic - click to view]

lol
 11-25-2010, 08:47 AM         #116
JP88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im sorry but seriously to.... NAS Lost
 7 years ago '06        #117
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3524 3524
 Marvin Hagler said:
13 Reasons Why Nas LOST

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #118
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 1149 1149
 Corleone said:
that comparison with Jay as Kennedy and Nas as Nixon was on point in my eyes

/end
 7 years ago '04        #119
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 5344 5344
This proves the kid's greatness .. The best to ever do it imo .. And adding that project window verse will make all these loser a.ss bum follwers who have never listened to Nastradamus , go back listen to it , and not listen with closed ears cause of what Jay said about it .
 11-25-2010, 10:20 AM         #120
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nkflier54 said:
n*gga k!lla has never lost a day in his life

[pic - click to view]

Not to mention the Tru Life & 50 cent situation....You have a very short memory
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy