Quincy Jones Disses Kanye West during Interview

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-23-2010, 04:53 PM         #161
Cashius_Slay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All these young a.ss dudes in here trying to stick up for Ye'....Yes, Ye' is good at what he does, but comparing him to QJ? really? you motherf**kers are delusional or just trolling and looking for attention. Thats like saying, "Lets compare Michael Jackson and Chris Brown." They're not even in the same league. And if you think he was "hating" (which is a very misused word around here) then you clearly lack reading comprehension skills. QJ said he isnt taking nothing away from him, but you cant compare the 2, and that is 100% true. Ye' makes music on a machine, QJ used Orchestra's and real instruments. FOH.
 11-23-2010, 05:13 PM         #162
Quasi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quincy is a fat old man. His latest album is a HOT MESS. Akon has the spark Michael Jackson had? Ludacris too?

Old man is senile. He doesn't care for Kanye west but mentions Akon and Ludacris in the same sentence as Michael Jackson. Umm hello......
 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM         #163
nothinbutanahoe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm not really understanding where he's coming from. thanks quincy, for giving us thriller, fresh prince, and your hot daughter. are we done kissing your a.ss now? mkay, now eat your bran muffin and answer the question you were asked. this is a puff piece in f**king Us magazine. people read that s**t to figure out if those broads from teen mom are pregnant again, not to get schooled on your resume.

all this kanye hate is getting a lil out of hand. he had nothing to do with this and some stupid media outlet is gonna make it look like he was comparing himself to quincy jones. oh well, i guess there is no such thing as bad press.
 11-23-2010, 06:16 PM         #164
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Q a old hating mothaf**ka
 11-23-2010, 06:26 PM         #165
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sticks said:
It's funny how most of ya'll are sayin "ether" and "owned" when he just dissed rap music as a whole. he was bias from the get go
how he dis rap when he said its good rappers in the game & Ludacris is one of his favorites?

U n*ggas coming to Kanye rescue I see
 7 years ago '04        #166
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 634 634
i swear you dudes have no reading comprehension. this is disgusting. i need a camron .gif....
 7 years ago '04        #167
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 Cashius_Slay said:
All these young a.ss dudes in here trying to stick up for Ye'....Yes, Ye' is good at what he does, but comparing him to QJ? really? you motherf**kers are delusional or just trolling and looking for attention. Thats like saying, "Lets compare Michael Jackson and Chris Brown." They're not even in the same league. And if you think he was "hating" (which is a very misused word around here) then you clearly lack reading comprehension skills. QJ said he isnt taking nothing away from him, but you cant compare the 2, and that is 100% true. Ye' makes music on a machine, QJ used Orchestra's and real instruments. FOH.
so the hell what he uses instruments? define a f**kin instrument, hell that could be any damn thing. the point is man, no one is saying that kanye is better than quincy jones, they make two different kinds of music any damn way, but the interviewer only compared them in ONE aspect, and thats the people clamoring to work with him, and yes kanye has a lot of people wanting and willing to work with him. hell he got a f**kin piano solo from elton john on his cd and worked with several prominent artists of this era. thats it. quincy jones is a.sserting that beause he doesnt work with operas and symphonies everyone doesnt wanna work with kanye. false. he still has a ride range of artists from different genres wanting to collab with him. thats all that was said. nothing about who was the better "musician" which doesnt even f**kin matter. in that respect they are similar. futhermore the word SIMILAR doesnt imply that they are the same or have the same level of impact, just closely a.ssociated attributes which were define by the question.

no quincy took that chance to be arrogant and yes hate on kanye west when it was clearly unwarranted. and it is hating if you jump to make a point that didnt even need to be made. you can have your opinion, and share it, like he did in the second question, but in the first that was tasteless
 11-23-2010, 08:13 PM         #168
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow at y'all

I dont think ANYBODY would say Kanye is more accomplished or talented than Q, thatd be ridculous. But Quincy didnt even answer the question, he just went on a major tangent and s**tted on him. Then said hes just a rapper as if rap isnt a respected art form

Sad that a hip-hop site is riding with that.
 7 years ago '08        #169
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Good to see him talk like that but f**k him for letting T Pain remake PYT
 7 years ago '08        #170
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 DrX said:
Q a old hating mothaf**ka
Hating cuz he doesn't think Kanye is no where near as him as a producer??
 7 years ago '05        #171
mrwills 
space
space
$1,104 | Props total: 0 0
All you young n*ggaz do ya homework and then you'll understand why Mr. Jones is speaking like that!!!
 7 years ago '04        #172
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
Wow at y'all

I dont think ANYBODY would say Kanye is more accomplished or talented than Q, thatd be ridculous. But Quincy didnt even answer the question, he just went on a major tangent and s**tted on him. Then said hes just a rapper as if rap isnt a respected art form

Sad that a hip-hop site is riding with that.
 11-23-2010, 08:45 PM         #173
Chest Rockwell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CaliIsActive said:
Thats what i dont get with these fakkits

When Kanye interrupts and sh*ts on a lil white girl. Kanye just keeping it real

When a more established man sh*ts on Kanye.. "hes jealous" "hes bitter"

How about he feels insulted to being compared to such a basic producer/rapper?

These n*ggas got kanyes balls so far down they throat they cant see logic
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ill reiterate what i said earlier... it amazes me that these young lil retards wanna worship kanye for his skills at flippin switches on a machine. can the negro even play an instrument?

real composers such as quincy jones straight up orchestrate symphonic works of art. they actually understand music theory.

they dont press a few buttons, and put a catchy 2 bars on a loop... furthermore, they dont rob other peoples music and splice it into their own when they cant come up with s**t

i swear to god these past couple of generations are devolving into the neanderthal

Last edited by Chest Rockwell; 11-23-2010 at 08:54 PM..
 11-23-2010, 08:49 PM         #174
Cashius_Slay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I keep seeing people say "he didn't answer the question"..."he ignored the question" or similar.....what question? There was no question.
 7 years ago '04        #175
marshall law 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,421 | Props total: 71 71
I'm a fan of Ye, but let's keep it real. Just look at the numbers according to WhoSampled.com:

Tracks sampled by Quincy Jones = 3
Tracks that sampled Quincy Jones and music produced by Quincy Jones (includes Ye's "Good Life" which samples Michael Jackson's PYT--produced by Quincy Jones) = 333

Tracks sampled by Kanye West as both artist and producer = 432
Tracks that sampled Kanye West and music produced by Kanye West = 132

"Men lie, women lie, numbers don't"

Just sayin ...
 7 years ago '04        #176
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
I can understand why Quincy got mad, the aspect that the interviewer used to compare the two was just stupid, you cant say they are "alike" because Kanye is simply hot right now and Quincy was hot back then cuz it's much more than that, that's like someone asking Eminem " Yea you and Yelawolf are alike cuz he's hot white MC with buzz" or asking Jay " You and Drake are similar because everyone's asking him to jump on their shyt like they did with you once" I mean c'mon, Quincy was getting mad more at the interviewer's lack of knowledge of what he has accomplished obviously if he was going to make such a absurd comparison off one insufficient aspect of artistry.
 7 years ago '07        #177
gjray 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,441 | Props total: 1253 1253
im on quincy side 100% their skilss are uncomparable, Quincy got him beat by lightyears
 7 years ago '04        #178
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I can understand why Quincy got mad, the aspect that the interviewer used to compare the two was just stupid, you cant say they are "alike" because Kanye is simply hot right now and Quincy was hot back then cuz it's much more than that, that's like someone asking Eminem " Yea you and Yelawolf are alike cuz he's hot white MC with buzz" or asking Jay " You and Drake are similar because everyone's asking him to jump on their shyt like they did with you once" I mean c'mon, Quincy was getting mad more at the interviewer's lack of knowledge of what he has accomplished obviously if he was going to make such a absurd comparison off one insufficient aspect of artistry.
i think you argued the "other" perspective better than anyone else on here. for that i say, cool good job. but like you said the interviewer only used one aspect and compared the two with no mention of his skills. and for your analogies, while decent, dont really put to scope this situation. drake, yelawolf, aint working with U2, inspiring them in their music (they said tho themselves), producing for alicia keys, john legend, working with john mayer, coldplay, elton john for crying out loud, etc. kanye isnt just "hot" he is doing significant work and its a defining figure in pop culture of the day. its not fair to go back and compare him and his music to thriller, because that was a different era. kanye represents the NEW era, with that comes new forms of music and new expression. hell old heads could look at mike jack and say he wasnt as deep and talented as a robert johnson, or duke ellington, or some s**t like that. keep people in their eras. besides he said only one SIMILARITY not comparing them as producers. i see nothing wrong with that
 7 years ago '08        #179
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23334 23334
 jplaydadon said:
i think you argued the "other" perspective better than anyone else on here. for that i say, cool good job. but like you said the interviewer only used one aspect and compared the two with no mention of his skills. and for your analogies, while decent, dont really put to scope this situation. drake, yelawolf, aint working with U2, inspiring them in their music (they said tho themselves), producing for alicia keys, john legend, working with john mayer, coldplay, elton john for crying out loud, etc. kanye isnt just "hot" he is doing significant work and its a defining figure in pop culture of the day. its not fair to go back and compare him and his music to thriller, because that was a different era. kanye represents the NEW era, with that comes new forms of music and new expression. hell old heads could look at mike jack and say he wasnt as deep and talented as a robert johnson, or duke ellington, or some s**t like that. keep people in their eras. besides he said only one SIMILARITY not comparing them as producers. i see nothing wrong with that
significant work in a era of disposable music?
 7 years ago '04        #180
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 Arson said:
significant work in a era of disposable music?
disposable according to who? you? s**t all music is disposable to someone dude. the f**k are you talking about? hell i had roomates that couldnt stand micheal jacksons s**t. it baffled me. but they loved beatles, gorillaz and techno. its all about taste. and how is his music disposable when people listen to it all the time? especially hip hop fans, which are probably the biggest growing fanbase of any genre worldwide?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago