Quincy Jones Disses Kanye West during Interview

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #141
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,224 | Props total: 2222 2222
The fact that everyone is ignoring the fact that Kanye samples 99% of his s**t and still trying to say he's as good of a producer as someone who makes original music including symphonies is ridiculous....
 7 years ago '08        #142
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23353 23353
 GST said:
after n*ggaz did what they had to do to it to be able to spit over it ...and depending on who your favorite artist is and if they used any Quincy samples at all,you would have never known til you looked at the credits...it aint like you was like 'awww s**t,thas a quincy jones sample right there'...foh
and? Its still a Quincy sample, you gtfoh
 7 years ago '05        #143
GST 
space
space
$14,837 | Props total: 2410 2410
 Arson said:
and? Its still a Quincy sample, you gtfoh

you're reaching...it's like you're part of the Quincy Jones street team or something...I bet you can't even name 5 tracks he produced (excluding MJ catalog and We Are The World) w/o using google...foh
 7 years ago '04        #144
LovinPavan 
space
space
$5,637 | Props total: 1142 1142
Quincy Jones is arguably the greatest producer of black music of all time, and Kanye West is grossly overrated, but clearly he didn't have to say everything he said in the interview. Just goes to show that these talents that we revere so much are pretty dislikable c*nts.
 7 years ago '08        #145
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23353 23353
 GST said:
you're reaching...it's like you're part of the Quincy Jones street team or something...I bet you can't even name 5 tracks he produced (excluding MJ) w/o using google...foh
I'm reaching because you're mad that "old grumpy musician who couldn't ever make a rap record" has a good amount of rap samples?...foh
 11-23-2010, 10:03 AM         #146
NYcrepa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The journalist sounded stupid for even comparing the two. It gets no bigger or more accomplished than Quincy Jones. He did the music even for "Sanford and Son". "Austin Powers" theme? "Thriller" by MJ? The Brothers Johnson. Tevin Cambell? He originated splashing model snow bunnies!!! Come on b!
 11-23-2010, 10:12 AM         #147
LongHair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
f**k kanye west hes a homos3xual

isnt quiny jones ?

i swear tupac said quincy asked him to fuq him in the azz
 7 years ago '06        #148
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
You n*ggas are idios challenging Quincy Jones' genius. Without Quincy there would be NO kanye.
 7 years ago '05        #149
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,196 | Props total: 11805 11805
Dam he kinda s**tted on Ye
 11-23-2010, 10:35 AM         #150
Faizup  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Q mad that the interviewer even tried to compare him to Kanye..
it's all about how you ask the question,. the interviewer failed
 7 years ago '08        #151
Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,022 | Props total: 465 465
Its the young n*ggas on this forum with kanyes nuts on they chin. n*ggas really goin hard for ye knowing that Q was right
 7 years ago '04        #152
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,905 | Props total: 17471 17471
im not really a big quincy jones fan but he's right...Kanye is no where in his league
 7 years ago '08        #153
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
I'm starting to think that 90% of this site lacks reading comprehension...
 7 years ago '07        #154
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 5328 5328
“I’d appreciate it if people didn’t take my comments about Kanye West ( @KanyeWest ) or anyone else for that matter out of context to contrive a story. I have nothing but respect for my little brother Kanye and what he has achieved in his young career and I look forward to watching his evolution as an artist. There is a reason why we put him on the new We Are The World 25 for Haiti – he’s a great rapper. But having been in the music business for more than 60 years and having been fortunate to accomplish what I have over that time, it’s not unreasonable to put a comparison of Kanye at this time in his career and myself into the proper perspective. This is not dissing Kanye, this is simply trying to express that I’m not a rapper! I don’t need to take anyone else’s props away from them. Let’s all just try and keep the record straight.” – Quincy D. Jones – 11/22/2010
 7 years ago '06        #155
DrockSteady 44 heat pts44
space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 2 2
the closest rap producer to Quincy is DJ Quik

and for those who are saying Kanye is up there with Quincy are trippin.

Kanye hasnt produced soundtracks for movie.

and Quincys history in music isnt even comparable. Quincy has got decades!
 7 years ago '05        #156
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
ok ok ok people after all the comments and s**t on here about this........maybe its just about that time that Q and ye make an epic track together.........lets make it happen, lets make history
 7 years ago '05        #157
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
lol this s**t is obvious that there is tension between Q and Ye, that or Ye did something to p!ss him off
 7 years ago '06        #158
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
Q has a point, When Q is his own person and should not be in the same sentence. That's like dude who feels Joe Budden is on some Pac stuff. Lets be real Kanye is great on the MPC but if he couldn't use any samples for a whole album he wouldn't be in the discussion. Kanye is good at what he does but that does not make him legendary.
 7 years ago '06        #159
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4018 4018
 clevelandray said:
q has a point, when q is his own person and should not be in the same sentence. That's like dude who feels joe budden is on some pac stuff. Lets be real kanye is great on the mpc but if he couldn't use any samples for a whole album he wouldn't be in the discussion. Kanye is good at what he does but that does not make him legendary.
/thread
 11-23-2010, 04:36 PM         #160
playazinc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SMMFH!!!
Yeah .. love that part about woodwind instruments. Today dudes think they can loop a beat after 4 bars and THAT makes them a producer.
And who exactly is falling over each other to have Kanye produce them? What a stupid f**kin question.
Kanye is a good producer. He creates some interesting music no doubt. But alot of his lyrics are garbage.

When you're talking about Quincy Jones, leave these newbies out the conversation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy