Quincy Jones Disses Kanye West during Interview

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
99 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
104 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #101
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 Sticks said:
why does he sound more egotistical than kanye?
is that even possible?
EGOTISTICAL.........n*gga if michal jordan said something similar about dwayne wade or rando would anyone say anything???? nope

kanye samples music and loops them on a mpc, thats it, he arranges sample he chopped from records, to a stupid kid that knows nothing but rap i guess thats impressive
 7 years ago '04        #102
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,353 | Props total: 11555 11555
 Sticks said:
so then kanye does as well, what kind of excuse is that???? lol
he has put out quality music since he came out and will continue to do so
Quincy Jones as a producer has done more for music than any producer who ever walked this earth.... Quincy gets a pass permanent
 7 years ago '10        #103
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
lol @ the last line "i was raised around the mafia..........."

aka dont get f**ked up
 11-22-2010, 11:02 PM         #104
ScrillaBeats  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he kinda snubbed kanye tho...like he said "not to put him down or anything," but kanye's "just a rapper"
I get the feeling it's personal tho, the way he brought up that Luda is a "beautiful human being" and "college educated." Prob just doesnt like the way Kanye portrays himself... a lot of people don't...but I still think he could've been a lil more humble about it
 7 years ago '04        #105
jridscutters 
space
space
$284 | Props total: 0 0
 bronx goes hard said:
you added nothing to this conversation Congratulations on being worthless.
lmfao!!!
 7 years ago '06        #106
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 1718 1718
why are people actling like quincy didn't make things free hand cuss they didn't have the technology they have today. if there's only water in the frig and you're thirsty, you're gonna drink the water. if they're is milk and water, there's a good chance you drink both. there wasn't that studio technology back then so he was forced to do it free hand. if there was the technology of today back then, he wouldn't have done most of it free hand.
 11-22-2010, 11:21 PM         #107
BasedHead  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Q is right .. producers ain't the same anymore.. they don't have live instruments or a band just a machine.. it's so easy for a mofo to create a beat in Fl .

q made music that kanye sampled.
 7 years ago '10        #108
Troublesome91 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,404 | Props total: 2564 2564

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

f**k THAT OLD n*gga

Last edited by Troublesome91; 11-23-2010 at 12:59 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #109
NLSP42 152 heat pts152
space
space
$7,839 | Props total: 9016 9016
Thrillers worst song (whatever one that would be) > Kanyes best song
 7 years ago '04        #110
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 Akira Son Bio said:
Dated? Watch the Wiz and tell me that it is still dated. Doesn't mean that its old means that its past its expiration date

And yeah, the interviewer did compare the two musically. He asked if they were the same as producers. That's enough for one to feel insulted. Ask Kanye the same question and I am sure that he will agree.
im convinced you cant read. i said dated in the MAINSTREAM!!! MAINSTREAM!!! ppl were not buying classical albums at the rate that they were buying pop and rock albums during the Quincy jones era. every music form has its heyday, and right now hip hop is in the mainstream. i made the point that a classical artist could say about anything after it that its not music. hell people said similar s**t about jazz. jazz musicians clown newer forms of music, none recognizing that s**t changes. no, quincy was distasteful and f**kin wrong and should apologize for taking that question out of context. he can think what he wants about kanye, but because youre a legend doesnt give you the right to belittle others when they have done nothing to you. and no, micheal jordans an an a**hole and he shouldnt do it either, for those making that comparison

and again, you cannot read. where the f**k did he say were they the same as producers? i saw "Kanye West is similar to you IN THAT HES THE PRODUCER THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO WORK WITH IN THE LAST DECADE" that s**t is pretty f**kin clear and not a musical comparison, just a popularity one. therefore your point is null and void.
 7 years ago '05        #111
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
 CaliIsActive said:
dissed rap? he said ye was one dimensional and he had way more talents
No he did diss Rap music as a whole.. He pretty much said "He's just a rapper" as if a rap producer should never ever be compared to someone like him.. Almost like it's blasphemous.
 7 years ago '04        #112
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 Hold That said:
No he did diss Rap music as a whole.. He pretty much said "He's just a rapper" as if a rap producer should never ever be compared to someone like him.. Almost like it's blasphemous.
i dont get how people miss implications when people talk. its pretty apparent he was dissing rap. even if he did work with a few rappers and befriended ludacris doesnt mean he respects rap nearly as much as his own type of music. thats about the same logic a person uses saying that cant be racist because they have a black friend. same stupid s**t. q definitely took shots at rap
 7 years ago '08        #113
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
 Chest Rockwell said:

it was a completely unfair comparison and is disrespectful to a genius who actually understands/created real music.... versus someone who makes forgettable machine beats via computer technology. not egotistical at all, he clearly just doesnt wana be mentioned in the same breath w a jackass like kanye
Umm...the question was about them both being the 'hot' producers of the day, which is true. It had nothing to do with their respective talent or knowledge.

Q just went on a tirade for no reason.
 7 years ago '04        #114
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,722 | Props total: 23232 23232
Quincy sonned the s**t out of that n*gga
 7 years ago '07        #115
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
chill Quincy
 7 years ago '09        #116
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
since most of you are prolly too ignorant to fully apreciate jazz u will prolly never understand y its an insult to compare kanye to quincy...thats not even bringing up the n*gga produced arguably the best album of all time..i woulda been more pissed off if i was quincy..kanye will never be musically or tecnicly better than jones...ever
 7 years ago '04        #117
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 TERRANCE CRACK said:
since most of you are prolly too ignorant to fully apreciate jazz u will prolly never understand y its an insult to compare kanye to quincy...thats not even bringing up the n*gga produced arguably the best album of all time..i woulda been more pissed off if i was quincy..kanye will never be musically or tecnicly better than jones...ever
what kinda arrogant bulls**t is this. so its wrong to say that people in todays era of music seek to work with kanye much like they sought to work with him in the past? got damn that is stupid. no one made a got damn musical comparison to quincy. and how can you prejudge everyone on this site like you are some kinda of musical elitist or something? jazz wasnt even revered early on in its existence and it grew over the course of time to be what is known for today, the same thing is happening to hip hop, which does take SOME creativity to do right, otherwise everyone would be out making classics and they arent. i still dont get how you ALL can miss that the guy never compared their merits as producers, only their popularity. stop using this bull to prove what yall know about the history of music as compared to the next guy. quincy was out of turn and it shows he really has little character when it comes to judging others. point blank
 7 years ago '09        #118
antweaks 
space
space
space
$436 | Props total: 7 7
Willie Lynch syndrome......old hates yung
 7 years ago '09        #119
RasElbe 
space
space
$209 | Props total: 38 38
Same man that married a white chick! wont listen to anything that komes out his mouth.
 7 years ago '08        #120
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,027 | Props total: 5087 5087
On the real I would fall the f**k out if Kanye hopped on twitter and was like "Eat a d!ck old n*gga, quit hatin" and then did a freestyle over this s**t.

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
56 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
276 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
117 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
12 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
50 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
66 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy