most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-18-2010, 10:56 PM         #1
7053 pageviews
129 comments

little ms riot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Arum gives Floyd 1st crack at Manny

[S]MANILA, Philippines - Bob Arum is giving Floyd Mayweather Jr. a couple of weeks, and it could be just right before Christmas, to announce his availability to f!ght Manny Pacquiao next year.

Otherwise, the legendary promoter will start looking at someone else.

Shane Mosley could be that someone else, after the 39-year-old welterweight champion, who knocked out Antonio Margarito in January last year, said he’s ready.

Then there’s Juan Manuel Marquez itching for a third f!ght with Pacquiao.

Arum was asked who’s next for Pacquiao, who must be in the middle of a concert in San Francisco as of presstime, four days after his crushing win over Margarito.

He is scheduled to arrive in Manila Saturday morning, and once again face a hero’s welcome.

“Well, obviously we, like everyone in boxing, would like to see him f!ght Floyd Mayweather next. We’ll see if we can make that happen. That’s our first priority,” he said.

“That’s if Floyd Mayweather is willing to take the f!ght.”

Arum said the f!ght with Mayweather will depend on a lot of things, not just the where and when, the purse split or the blood-testing procedure.

The Mayweathers, the boxer and his uncle-trainer, are facing various charges and may be facing court trials in the coming weeks or months.

Arum said they need to make sure that the f!ght, from the negotiations leading up to the preparations, will not be “blindsided by any trial.”

Arum, now smiling at the possibility of 1.5 million pay-per-view buys for last week’s Pacquiao-Margarito, said he will work on the Mayweather thing the next couple of weeks.

He said a month ago that Pacquiao can f!ght in May, but it can be pushed to June or July depending on the opponent.

“There’s no one in first place right now after Floyd. We have a birthday party Dec. 17 in the Philippines for Manny. If Mayweather hasn’t indicated his availability by then, Shane Mosley is a real possibility,” he told the Los Angeles Times.

Lance Pugmire of the Times wrote that Mosley has already reached out to Arum,

“I’m conducting business myself,” said the pride of Pomona, who should agree to f!ght Pacquiao regardless of what’s on the table or with no blood-testing at all.

“If I have to wait for these others, I’m not going to get the f!ght I want,” added Mosley, referring to his representatives from Golden Boy Promotions, still locked up in a courtroom battle with Top Rank.

Mosley said he can give Pacquiao, and the fans, a good f!ght, a f!ght even better than the Margarito f!ght.

“I punch harder and faster than Margarito, I’d land more body shots.... It’d be a good, explosive matchup,” he said.

But Pacquiao’s trainer, Freddie Roach, had said that Mosley “needs to retire.”

The Filipino champion’s strength and conditioning coach, Alex Ariza, isn’t too hot either for that f!ght.

“Mosley? He’ll be tired after 15 minutes so what’s the point of that f!ght? Manny knocks him out and probably, Manny won’t even train for that f!ght,” said Ariza after the Margarito f!ght.

“That guy is a quitter. He quit against Mayweather in three rounds. What do you think he’s gonna do when Manny starts letting loose his hands five or 15 seconds after the bell rings?”

Well, at least there’s a sure f!ght waiting for Pacquiao, if Mayweather can’t.
[/S]

129 comments for "Arum gives Floyd 1st crack at Manny"

7 years ago '06        #2
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,991 | Props total: 4027 4027
Man, I like Marquez. He's a good dude with alot of heart, but a third f!ght? Cmon, just give it up, it's over. Mosley doesn't stand a chance. He should just shut the hell up and retire already. Boxing's gonna be boring now for Manny unless Poosie Boy Floyd decides to grab his balls and step up to him. Make it happen, Floyd you f**got.
 11-18-2010, 11:12 PM         #3
Chest Rockwell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
guaranf**kintee this wont happen. manny has been adamant that he wont be tested in the days leading up to the f!ght. floyd is too stubborn, wont f!ght unless the rules are bent for him
wont happen
 7 years ago '05        #4
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,068 | Props total: 1048 1048
well... might as well start planning for the second crack
 7 years ago '06        #5
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
doubt it will happen but hey jesus turned water into wine.
 7 years ago '06        #6
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2325 2325
If it isnt Mayweather then id like to see Pacman face off against Andre Berto
 7 years ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30548 30548
Hopefully he puts another countdown clock on his website...
 11-18-2010, 11:29 PM         #8
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chest Rockwell said:
guaranf**kintee this wont happen. manny has been adamant that he wont be tested in the days leading up to the f!ght. floyd is too stubborn, wont f!ght unless the rules are bent for him
wont happen
This.

They tried giving Floyd a deadline before and you see how that turned out. Besides...

"The Mayweathers, the boxer and his uncle-trainer, are facing various charges and may be facing court trials in the coming weeks or months."

...they know damn well he can't make a decision on a f!ght right now.
 7 years ago '04        #9
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
It won't happen. Too many legal problems going on and Manny won't agree to the testing.
 11-18-2010, 11:41 PM         #10
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I want someone other than Mosley and Marquez to f!ght Pac
 7 years ago '10        #11
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,304 | Props total: 7716 7716
 Chest Rockwell said:
wont happen
I blame Floyd for holding up the f!ght, but Pac and his team are just as stubborn. Other than Blood testing Floyd has no demands. Weight, Money, gloves, date, ring size, penalty money (If floyd comes over weight) Floyd give in on all of those.
 7 years ago '06        #12
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Hopefully he puts another countdown clock on his website...

his son had countdown clock in the mountains

#TeamMayweather
#Cuttroat
 7 years ago '09        #13
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,276 | Props total: 19433 19433
i swear if pac f!ghts shane that will be a bad look...why does pac go after mayweather leftovers
 7 years ago '04        #14
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
its gotta be manny vs floyd nothing else..
 11-19-2010, 01:21 AM         #15
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
i swear if pac f!ghts shane that will be a bad look...why does pac go after mayweather leftovers

I really hope he doesn't f!ght Mosley.
 7 years ago '10        #16
jerryblastface 
space
space
space
$144 | Props total: 2 2
pac man agreed to take the test 14 before the f!ght. so whats the deal!
 7 years ago '04        #17
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
“Mosley? He’ll be tired after 15 minutes so what’s the point of that f!ght? Manny knocks him out and probably, Manny won’t even train for that f!ght,” said Ariza after the Margarito f!ght.

7 years ago '06        #18
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
if not Floyd, I want to see Mosley...I mean thats all that makes business sense right now, that will be the biggest draw, cuz the tagline will be paq went the decision with margarito and shane ko'd him
 7 years ago '10        #19
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,304 | Props total: 7716 7716
 ether04 said:
i love how they dont mention zab judah but zap can put on some pounds and rock pacqiao

7 years ago '04        #20
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,325 | Props total: 1301 1301
Pac vs Mayweather f!ght will be ready as same time as Detox
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy