Hopkins: Why doesn't Pacquaio fight blacks?

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #101
toumegastar 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$143 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Well then, that's the WRONG ANSWER!

Bob Arum can and has dealt with GBP. How do you think the Pacman/Marquez rematch even happened? Palik/Hopkins? Mosley/Cotto? It took a long time for Oscar to get over being ripped off by Arum. Mediation helped them... (this latest lawsuit doesn't help though). GBP makes money off of Pacman anyway... doesn't matter who pacman f!ghts.
Did you stop following boxing after the Pacquiao/Marquez rematch?

Arum has made it clear since the 1st negotiation between Pacquiao/Mayweather broke down, that he will no longer deal with Golden Boy unless it's for a Mayweather/Pacquiao. Name one Top Rank/Golden boy f!ght since then?
 7 years ago '07        #102
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30477 30477
 toumegastar said:
Did you stop following boxing after the Pacquiao/Marquez rematch?

Arum has made it clear since the 1st negotiation between Pacquiao/Mayweather broke down, that he will no longer deal with Golden Boy unless it's for a Mayweather/Pacquiao. Name one Top Rank/Golden boy f!ght since then?

Name one GBP/Top Rank card since February? Really? Like I said, GBP makes money off of Pacman regardless. Whether Arum likes it or not, he has to send payments to GBP anytime Pacman f!ghts. He has a relationship with GBP, even if reluctantly.

I still give Marquez the best shot to land the f!ght. Then Cotto... then Mosley.
 11-18-2010, 07:50 PM         #103
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkoricky said:
this is like asking why didnt Andre Aggasi didnt play against black people ?

probably cause there were zero just like there are hardly in Pac Mans division.
there are alot of black f!ghters in pacman's weight class now, and for the past 2 years their were.
 7 years ago '05        #104
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
i love race debates...

its like... lets get all stupid and say stupid things cuz its fun 2 f**k with people...

when really, none of us truly believe all this bulls**t...
 7 years ago '04        #105
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Name some black f!ghters that are worth putting in the discussion. We already know one reason is that Bob Arum is a prick puppet master. Berto is the only one I can think of off that an argument could be made for. Paul Williams? Lmfao, that would be interesting, I really would pay to see that.

How about Floyd? Oh, wait...

f**k outta here Bernard. And anybody talking like the "hood" is more gutter than certain parts of the Philippines have no idea.

Edit: Blah, I haven't kept up with boxing at all in the last year tbh. I forgot about Mosley, I guess Bradley would be cool, but I don't think he has the name value that Arum. Again, Arum is a b**ch.

And I forgot that Joshua Clottey isn't black.

Last edited by Jamaro85; 11-18-2010 at 07:58 PM..
 11-18-2010, 07:55 PM         #106
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
I want to see Andre Berto f!ght Pacman atleast.. Not these stationary flat footed f!ghters who don't move at all..
bertos quick but he hardly if ever moves his head either
 11-18-2010, 08:01 PM         #107
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
Luis Collazo is a slick boxer, and Berto had a year layoff.. He was rusty and won the f!ght despite all that..

Either way Shane or Berto is someone I want to see Manny f!ght.. a boxer who is not stationary receptive too every punch Manny throws..

Styles make f!ghts and just because Berto struggled against boxer X doesn't mean he can't be a good matchup against Manny..

Berto is elusive, fast as f**k and has KO power.. I want to see this f!ght happen.
this man can't take a punch from a C+ Carlos

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #108
toumegastar 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$143 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Name one GBP/Top Rank card since February? Really? Like I said, GBP makes money off of Pacman regardless. Whether Arum likes it or not, he has to send payments to GBP anytime Pacman f!ghts. He has a relationship with GBP, even if reluctantly.

I still give Marquez the best shot to land the f!ght. Then Cotto... then Mosley.
He has to send payments to Golden Boy for Pacquiao f!ghts, but other than that he doesn't deal with GBP anymore.

That's fine if you think it's Marquez, but I doubt Arum will split revenue with GBP when they're already taking money from Pacquiao. That's bad business, to split revenue with GBP and their f!ghter, and then still have to give GBP a small split for Pacquiao too. So I think it's very unlikely that f!ght will happen. Pacquiao/Marquez at 147 is retarded anyways. Marquez can't handle that weight and Pacquiao will destroy him. So it's either going to be with a free agent like Mosley, or a smaller promotion company with Bradley, Alexander, Berto.
 11-18-2010, 08:05 PM         #109
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
berto is way to sloppy....hell get knocked out...one black f!ghter i see giving pac problems is bradley maybe williams because of his size and height....even tho he had 0 boxing I.Q
 11-18-2010, 08:08 PM         #110
Chest Rockwell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:lachen001: negro forget he lost to joe calzaghe ?
 7 years ago '07        #111
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 toumegastar said:
He has to send payments to Golden Boy for Pacquiao f!ghts, but other than that he doesn't deal with GBP anymore.

That's fine if you think it's Marquez, but I doubt Arum will split revenue with GBP when they're already taking money from Pacquiao. That's bad business, to split revenue with GBP and their f!ghter, and then still have to give GBP a small split for Pacquiao too. So I think it's very unlikely that f!ght will happen. Pacquiao/Marquez at 147 is retarded anyways. Marquez can't handle that weight and Pacquiao will destroy him. So it's either going to be with a free agent like Mosley, or a smaller promotion company with Bradley, Alexander, Berto.
My thought is, eventhough Marquez makes the least money for Arum personally... Marquez is also the least risky... and if promoted properly, is a big pot for everyone (except Arum).

Bradley/Alexander may want to go after khan/Maidana winner. I don't think Berto's handlers have enough confidence in their f!ght to put him in with pacman. Berto has expressed interest several times in f!ghting Mosley since the loss to Floyd.
 11-18-2010, 08:18 PM         #112
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
Berto don't make his opponents miss and f!ght off angles and don't counter?
at devon being slick....n*gga give me back your boxing pass, and berto is QUICK but slick? f**k no.
 11-18-2010, 08:18 PM         #113
TampaBay Bucs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopkins my fav f!ghter of AT but he needs to STFU. The lower weight classes not flooded with a plethora of African-American f!ghters. They are full of Africans, Asians and f!ghters of Latin decent but very little black Americans. Those who are around Pacs weight class (Alexander, Bradley, Berto, Mosley etc....) would get the brakes beat off them. Mayweather the only one that has a f!ghting chance and he doesnt want it.

YOURKINGB4EVER said:
i think any slick boxer like floyd or even a Mosely would give Pac Man trouble
Im a Mosley fan and he would get his a.ss whipped 20 times worse vs Pacman than he did vs Mayweather. Mosley of yesteryear would have a chance but not right now.

Mayweather needs to stop being a b**ch, keep his hands off his baby moms and stop making all these dumb a.ss excuses as to why he wont f!ght Manny. Sad part is his groupies is entertaining the s**t and giving him a pass to be a f**king duck.
 7 years ago '09        #114
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,428 | Props total: 12369 12369
B-Hop just lost some respect from me with this dumbass statement. Anything but Floyd saying yes and signing on the dotted line is bulls**t when it comes to Pacquaio. First, we try to take Floyd down for not f!ghting guys that high enough in the rankings now its take Manny down because he doesnt f!ght guys low enough in the rankings because thats where all these so called inner city slick boxers that B-Hop is talking about are.

Just stop with all this dumbs**t talk and go back to the 80's and before boxing. f!ght all comers and f**k trying to f!ght once a year and get huge paydays. Prove your merit in the ring not the media b**ches!!!
 11-18-2010, 08:24 PM         #115
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
My thought is, eventhough Marquez makes the least money for Arum personally... Marquez is also the least risky... and if promoted properly, is a big pot for everyone (except Arum).

Bradley/Alexander may want to go after khan/Maidana winner.
I don't think Berto's handlers have enough confidence in their f!ght to put him in with pacman. Berto has expressed interest several times in f!ghting Mosley since the loss to Floyd.
Victor Ortiz and Lamont Peterson got a say so in this, and don't forget zab super judah who just came off a win.
 7 years ago '05        #116
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 537 537
does hopkins know that he is trying to take on a black f!ghter ...not only a black f!ghter but the argued best in the class... too many punches to the head.... only ones he can f!ght thats worth the time is paul williams and mayweather
 7 years ago '06        #117
snaxxx 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,475 | Props total: 1539 1539
the f**k?? how bout CLOTTEY?? he gave him the business
 7 years ago '06        #118
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 Fly 2ndComing said:
B-Hop just lost some respect from me with this dumbass statement. Anything but Floyd saying yes and signing on the dotted line is bulls**t when it comes to Pacquaio. First, we try to take Floyd down for not f!ghting guys that high enough in the rankings now its take Manny down because he doesnt f!ght guys low enough in the rankings because thats where all these so called inner city slick boxers that B-Hop is talking about are.

Just stop with all this dumbs**t talk and go back to the 80's and before boxing. f!ght all comers and f**k trying to f!ght once a year and get huge paydays. Prove your merit in the ring not the media b**ches!!!
been following hop his whole career, being from PA.... learned early to take anything he says with a grain of salt lol.... makes great points at times, and talks out his a.ss as well... hop is an old school cat, that even at his age of 45, belives in f!ghting the best quality opponents... I respect him for that, he had little to gain, and a lot to lose f!ghting taylor... and some other boxers as well...

It's not the 80's anymore as much as we would love that though... politics rule.... not a boxing expert, but not born yesterday either.... pretty sure a lot of s**t is going on behind the scenes that were not aware off.... and it's not looking as good for monyey may at this point
 7 years ago '07        #119
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Tommy_Bunz said:
Victor Ortiz and Lamont Peterson got a say so in this, and don't forget zab super judah who just came off a win.

Peterson is being offered up as a snack to Vic Ortiz... so, Peterson has no say. Zab Judah came off of a f!ght, but... I wouldn't exactly term it a 'win'.

I expect Vic Ortiz to f!ght Maidana after Peterson regardless of if Maidana wins or loses to Khan.
 7 years ago '06        #120
made in the bay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,270 | Props total: 161 161
 theboss175 said:
If Pacman doesn't f!ght Floyd... then he should f!ght Paul Williams

why do you say that?

10 - 5 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 66% 76 (+2) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 7-2, Rank #112 | Aug 16: 3-2, Rank #333 | Aug 14: 2-1, Rank #490 | Aug 10: 6-5, Rank #613 | Aug 09: 3-1, Rank #220 | Aug 08: 26-13, Rank #234 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy