Hopkins: Why doesn't Pacquaio fight blacks?

most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #41
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,741 | Props total: 11629 11629
 dre03 said:
When did he duck Shane???

And nobody would clown Floyd if he fought Margarito and Margarito outweighed him by 17 lbs... But if floyd did a f!ght with MArgarito they would come in at the same weight or Floyd would come in over the weight to give himself an advantage... He wont f!ght a f!ghter who has an advantage over him
So you think the general public would be cool with watching Floyd/Margo after Saturday........

[pic - click to view]

The f**k would he need an advantage wit for Margo he's not a threat, Floyd would beat him the same way he beat Baldomir

Shane even said he'd go down to 142 to f!ght Manny October 17th, i remember because i made a thread when the fact was reportedly agreed to, he turned around and fought Clottey
 7 years ago '05        #42
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,885 | Props total: 8410 8410
 dre03 said:
When did he duck Shane???

And nobody would clown Floyd if he fought Margarito and Margarito outweighed him by 17 lbs... But if floyd did a f!ght with MArgarito they would come in at the same weight or Floyd would come in over the weight to give himself an advantage... He wont f!ght a f!ghter who has an advantage over him
shane called him out last year, several times actually. manny declined citing that the money wasnt right (when mosley agreed to a 60/40 split and was willing to drop to 142). when manny said no thats when shane turned his attention to floyd...and subsequently manny turned his focus to clottey

as for the subject of the thread: b-hop always makes some s**t about race and like someone said in this thread earlier his statement would have been taken more serious if he just said "slick f!ghters". it is interesting that manny turned down mosley to f!ght clottey :hmm:, im not saying that its definitely the case because I DONT KNOW, but it does make sense (to an extent)
 11-18-2010, 02:36 PM         #43
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and when floyd whipped baldomir came in at f!ght night at 162,and floyd at 149....i don't recall people making a big deal about baldomir weighing 13 more pounds then floyd.....
 7 years ago '08        #44
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,817 | Props total: 3450 3450
 Hold That said:

When has Manny ever taken anyones punches as powerful as Shanes? You really think he can withstand the power of Mosely when he was getting knocked down 3 times in one round by Marquez?
Pacman knocked Marquez down 3 times, not the other way around. The last time Pacman went down was his first f!ght with Barrera, and I saw that f!ght, it should have been ruled a slip instead of a knockdown.
 7 years ago '04        #45
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Hold That said:
Shane doesn't f!ght "wreckless" when was the last time he's been knocked down or KO'd? Shane DOES have a habit of f!ghting his opponents boxing style.. One thing is for sure Boxers who beat MOSELY figure out YOU DO NOT EXCHANGE WITH MOSELY, you out box him.. Like Cotto,Mayweather, and anyone else who's given him problems.. Does Manny seem like the boxer who is going to Box or exchange? Manny exchanges with Mosely like he will likely do because that is HIS STYLE, he will get f**kin murderED.

Margarito has never in his f**kin career been viewed upon as a f!ghter with great power.. His calling card was his volume punching, extreme conditioning and tiring his opponents down, while keeping up the 100 plus punches per round.. Thats vintage successful Margarito.. No more no less..

When has Manny ever taken anyones punches as powerful as Shanes? You really think he can withstand the power of Mosely when he was getting knocked down 3 times in one round by Marquez?

And of course FLoyd wouldn't take Margarito's punches because he's not going to stand there and get hit all f**kin day.. WHAT WE DO KNOW, is that Floyd took 2 of Shane punches FLUSH, and maintained his composure and proceeded to get into Shane's a.ss.. When Shane hits someone that flush and cleanly, the f!ghter 9 times out of 10 goes down from that punch or soon after.. FLoyd chin >>>>>> BOXING, he's never been knocked down from a punch, and when he has been hit with boxers best punches he calmly absorbs it and goes back to his masterful work..
Dude you questioned the chin of Manny Pacquiao... Your chin has nothing to do with you dodging punches... All i was saying is Floyd couldnt take the same punishment from a f!ghter that much bigger than him...

I wasnt saying Floyd couldnt dominate Margarito and avoid his punches... That has nothing to with your chin...

And no floyd did not calmly go back to his masterful work in the Castillo f!ght... Many boxing enthusiasts thought he lost that f!ght and the f!ght against Shane he wrapped Shane up completely and went into a complete defensive f!ght... remember the crowd was actually booing some rounds because of the lack of action...

And getting hit by someone way bigger than you >>>> better than a power puncher your size

Last edited by dre03; 11-18-2010 at 02:41 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #46
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,482 | Props total: 258 258
LOVE DAT n*gga, HE TOO f**kIN REAL,
 11-18-2010, 02:40 PM         #47
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
The Castillo f!ght and the Mosley f!ght... The only two times Mayweather's career where he has been hit by his opponent significantly he was buckled and hurt... Both times he either grabbed his opponent and held for dear life or began moving around the ring avoiding his opponent

Granted its a smart defensive move... If your hurt you do what u can to stay on ur feet... My point is he was hurt to the point of stopping his offense against Castillo and Mosley... Castillo mainly who was a little big bigger than Floyd showed his chin wasnt very good... Floyd is just great at avoiding shots... Just like Roy Jones was... Doesnt mean you have a chin...

so your basis is that he took a few shots,but never went down in 41 f!ghts as not having a good chin?....if you say so sun...

and floyd took a flush shot from shane...who has nice power...and guess what....same thing.....noticing a pattern?
 7 years ago '08        #48
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,817 | Props total: 3450 3450
 dre03 said:
The Castillo f!ght and the Mosley f!ght... The only two times Mayweather's career where he has been hit by his opponent significantly he was buckled and hurt... Both times he either grabbed his opponent and held for dear life or began moving around the ring avoiding his opponent

Granted its a smart defensive move... If your hurt you do what u can to stay on ur feet... My point is he was hurt to the point of stopping his offense against Castillo and Mosley... Castillo mainly who was a little big bigger than Floyd showed his chin wasnt very good... Floyd is just great at avoiding shots... Just like Roy Jones was... Doesnt mean you have a chin...
Floyd was never hurt in either of his f!ghts against Castillo, so what are you talking about. On top of that Castillo was landing body shots on Floyd so what do you mean he tested Floyds chin?

Floyd has a very good chin, which is why he has never been knocked down. Everybody that has ever fought has at least been rocked a couple times. The ones that stay on their feet and keep their composure have good chins.
 7 years ago '04        #49
dre03 
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
and when floyd whipped baldomir came in at f!ght night at 162,and floyd at 149....i don't recall people making a big deal about baldomir weighing 13 more pounds then floyd.....
Your right it wasnt a big deal because Floyd didnt get hit in that f!ght... 79 times in 12 rounds... Floyd sure wasnt willing to exchange with Baldomir...

Pacquaio invites everyone he gets into the ring with to exchange... Even in this f!ght he invited Margarito several times to f!ght him on the ropes...

Look, Floyd is the best defensive f!ghter i have seen... Nobody denies that he is a great f!ghter and can come up with some scheme to win a f!ght in the ring with his mind... He is like Ali in that way that he is a smart f!ghter... To beat Floyd u have to beat him mentally first or catch him slipping... Which every f!ghter has lapses

My whole point of the bigger f!ghter argument is showing that to beat a bigger f!ghter by outpowering the bigger f!ghter while taking punishment is something that doesnt happen... We have seen elusive f!ghters beat bigger f!ghters by avoiding their power and winning on points... You dont see a smaller f!ghter dominating a bigger f!ghter with power... That is why the Margarito f!ght was impressive to me... I thought Margarito wasnt the best opponent either but i sure as hell didnt think Manny would win by outpowering Margarito...
 7 years ago '05        #50
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 1047 1047
Bernard bringing up race again, we remember what happened the last time he brought up race
 7 years ago '04        #51
dre03 
space
space
 PEK said:
Floyd was never hurt in either of his f!ghts against Castillo, so what are you talking about. On top of that Castillo was landing body shots on Floyd so what do you mean he tested Floyds chin?

Floyd has a very good chin, which is why he has never been knocked down. Everybody that has ever fought has at least been rocked a couple times. The ones that stay on their feet and keep their composure have good chins.
Floyd has never been knocked down cuz he doesnt get hit... Mosley landed like 90 punches in 12 rounds against him... Majority of which were not power shots...

Taking one good shot and recovering and going defensive is not a good chin... Taking sustained punishment and keep coming is a good chin

And Castillo landed some good head shots in the first f!ght... He landed like 200 something punches against Mayweather something that never happens...
 11-18-2010, 03:13 PM         #52
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
Your right it wasnt a big deal because Floyd didnt get hit in that f!ght... 79 times in 12 rounds... Floyd sure wasnt willing to exchange with Baldomir...

Pacquaio invites everyone he gets into the ring with to exchange... Even in this f!ght he invited Margarito several times to f!ght him on the ropes...

Look, Floyd is the best defensive f!ghter i have seen... Nobody denies that he is a great f!ghter and can come up with some scheme to win a f!ght in the ring with his mind... He is like Ali in that way that he is a smart f!ghter... To beat Floyd u have to beat him mentally first or catch him slipping... Which every f!ghter has lapses

My whole point of the bigger f!ghter argument is showing that to beat a bigger f!ghter by outpowering the bigger f!ghter while taking punishment is something that doesnt happen... We have seen elusive f!ghters beat bigger f!ghters by avoiding their power and winning on points... You dont see a smaller f!ghter dominating a bigger f!ghter with power... That is why the Margarito f!ght was impressive to me... I thought Margarito wasnt the best opponent either but i sure as hell didnt think Manny would win by outpowering Margarito...

this just simply isn't true.....floyd engaged with baldomir a number of times...baldomir was just to slow for floyd....and floyd does very well what was k!lling pac against the bigger margarito...he f!ghts on the inside....floyd was f!ghting on the inside better then baldomir,completely taking away the weight advantage.....

simply put....floyd is a virtuoso f!ghter...he can f!ght a million different ways....saying that floyd just does a few things is completely false....floyd can f!ght any way that the match calls for....and that is the BIGGEST difference between him,and pac...
 7 years ago '10        #53
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
Bhop da godfather speaks da truth ...

pac cant beat may simple as it gets he cant box with da god idc how he got yah n*ggas hyped off beatin washed up bums
 7 years ago '04        #54
dre03 
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
so your basis is that he took a few shots,but never went down in 41 f!ghts as not having a good chin?....if you say so sun...

and floyd took a flush shot from shane...who has nice power...and guess what....same thing.....noticing a pattern?
Your serious??? He is an elusive f!ghter... He very rarely takes a clean shot...

So i guess Roy Jones Jr had a great chin huh??? He fought 50 times before being legitimately knocked down... So he gotta have a great chin right

When has Floyd ever had a bruised up face??? Thats when you know you took some shots... He doesnt get hit often...
 7 years ago '05        #55
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,738 | Props total: 12561 12561
 dre03 said:
Floyd has never been knocked down cuz he doesnt get hit... Mosley landed like 90 punches in 12 rounds against him... Majority of which were not power shots...

Taking one good shot and recovering and going defensive is not a good chin... Taking sustained punishment and keep coming is a good chin

And Castillo landed some good head shots in the first f!ght... He landed like 200 something punches against Mayweather something that never happens...
So what you are saying is, you don't really know if Floyd has a good chin or not, you're just a.ssuming because you've never seen him take punishment through a course of 12 rounds.. pretty much you're talking out your a.ss is a fair a.ssessment..

If you have NOTHING or no evidence to base the a.ssumption that Floyd doesn't have as good of a chin as Manny, why are you parading this a.ssumption around like its a fact? You have no evidence for this claim..
 11-18-2010, 03:34 PM         #56
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
Your serious??? He is an elusive f!ghter... He very rarely takes a clean shot...

So i guess Roy Jones Jr had a great chin huh??? He fought 50 times before being legitimately knocked down... So he gotta have a great chin right

When has Floyd ever had a bruised up face??? Thats when you know you took some shots... He doesnt get hit often...

so i've given examples of floyd taking shots..flush shots,and not getting knocked down....you've brought no examples to show he DOESN'T have a good chin..but you're arguing the point....
 7 years ago '06        #57
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
how many black are #1 contenders in his weight class? If he fought a f!ghter with less skill it would open up another discussion about why is he f!ghting people who suck?
 7 years ago '07        #58
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
question makes you think tho
 7 years ago '06        #59
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
the dre cat is saying floyd hasn't taken NUMEROUS flush shots/heated exchanges.... other cats are saying floyd has taken RANDOM clean punches and survived..... wich are both true, and why all of us are just speculating what would happen pretty much if this f!ght ever took place
 7 years ago '05        #60
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,004 | Props total: 1321 1321
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy